@Neobullseye

BAD NEWS: Your post for FF got deleted.

GOOD NEWS: I get email notifications for new posts in threads I'm watching, which means that your FF post was emailed to me, and I still have it!

I'll copy/paste it here so that you can post it again under your name, and fix up any formatting that didn't copy over. :P

/me slaps Iwaku for eating his post.

@Kagayours: Thanks for that, though as it turns out it wasn't quite necessary. The IC page hadn't refreshed yet when I first opened it today, and as a result I could simply quote that and then kill the quotation bit, thus turning it into a new post. Of course, I wouldn't have been able to do so if it wasn't for your warning, so again thanks ^_^.

That part where you Google the BBCode for rainbow letters just because you think the effect is fitting and are too lazy to actually check if there's an on-site thing to do the same thing :P

EDIT: Also, I might end up going back through all of Touhou's posts and editing the 'title' to fit the whole Spell Card theme.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kagayours
I love it when a show drops a Plot Bomb™ and the entire fandom goes into speculation/theory mode.

Bonus points when there are a small handful of predominate theories that most people are gravitating towards (as opposed to a whole bunch of different, outlandish theories that are difficult to even compare with each other, as was often the case in the Homestuck fandom), and it's just really cool to see the discourse happening between each side. And like, not the shitty kind of fandom discourse, either. Just some good, wholesome discourse about which character was responsible for the murder of another character. Good stuff.

On a related note: If/when Steven Universe is ever actually rescued from Exdeath, I think she and Ace Attorney would be good friends.

Uhm, wut?

Well, we've known that this character had been murdered for quite some time. We just now know (or at least have been led to believe) that the murderer isn't the person we thought it was.

Steven Universe may be a kids' show, but it sure doesn't fuck around.

Reactions: Takumi
My friend literally had me watch the latest Steven episode(s) this morning lol

My friend literally had me watch the latest Steven episode(s) this morning lol

*leans in with interest* So who do you think shattered Pink Diamond?

I think Yellow Diamond did it.

*nod, nod* Yellow was my first thought, as well -- although I now stand as undecided...

While there's a lot of evidence pointing towards Yellow, the same could be said about Pearl (in fact, one could say there's a lot more evidence for Pearl, if only because she's had a lot more screen-time and therefore there's just a lot more material for theorists to work with). And then there's White Diamond, who is a total wild card. A lot of the arguments for Yellow being the shatterer could also apply to White, and the fact that she didn't even show up at the trial is rather suspicious. But, with White having literally no screen time, it's hard to make any other arguments for or against it being her.

All three sound like likely suspects to me, imo.

My first thought was Yellow Diamond, but after a moment I also considered White Diamond, mostly because I'm curious as to where she might be currently.

*nod, nod* Yellow was my first thought, as well -- although I now stand as undecided...

While there's a lot of evidence pointing towards Yellow, the same could be said about Pearl (in fact, one could say there's a lot more evidence for Pearl, if only because she's had a lot more screen-time and therefore there's just a lot more material for theorists to work with). And then there's White Diamond, who is a total wild card. A lot of the arguments for Yellow being the shatterer could also apply to White, and the fact that she didn't even show up at the trial is rather suspicious. But, with White having literally no screen time, it's hard to make any other arguments for or against it being her.

All three sound like likely suspects to me, imo.

Pearl did cross my mind briefly, to be honest, but I wasn't too sure of it personally.

White Diamond I think. If they're saying it would have to be a diamond.

Yellow and Blue both show actual grief when it was just the two of them.

Pearl did cross my mind briefly, to be honest, but I wasn't too sure of it personally.

Well there's certainly a lot of evidence pointing towards Pearl. For one thing, look at her reaction to when Steven first hears that Rose shattered Pink Diamond,

tumblr_inline_oqttlonorT1r2ako3_540.jpg

And here when Steven brings the topic up again,

tumblr_inline_oqttlqvRCr1r2ako3_540.jpg

Her reaction is much stronger than that of any of the other Crystal Gems. Now, there are a few alternative explanations as to why her reaction is so strong -- Amethyst probably hadn't emerged yet when Pink Diamond was shattered and so it's unlikely that she has very strong feelings about the event, and it's debatable whether or not Pink had been shattered yet by the time Garnet joined the rebellion (also, Garnet usually maintains more of a stoic appearance anyway). Also, out of all the Crystal Gems, Pearl was the closest to Rose -- so if we assume that Pearl at least believes that Rose did it, then it makes sense that she'd be the most distressed about Steven finding out. BUT, these two screenshots in particular have been used a lot to suggest that Pearl is guilty and perhaps hiding something, and it's not hard to see why.

Also, I think it's safe to assume that whoever shattered Pink, was shapeshifted to look like a Rose Quartz when they did it. After all, the only confirmed eye witness of the event is Eyeball, and we've already seen that she can be rather easily deceived by gems shapeshifting to look like other gems (as was the case with Amethyst posing as Jasper). Now, unlike the other Crystal Gems, we've never seen Pearl shapeshift. For a long time, the predominant theory amongst the fandom was that she was defective in some way -- but all of these "Pearl is defective" theories existed before it was known what the role of Pearl gems actually is, and said theories mostly cleared up shortly after. Knowing that Pearls are mere servant gems, it's possible that they simply aren't designed to be able to shapeshift. After all, why would a mere Pearl need such an ability? BUT, when the topic of shapeshifting was first addressed way way back in Cat Fingers, Pearl's exact wording was that all gems can shapeshift. Additionally, the other Crystal Gems (or at the very least, Amethyst) believe(s) that Pearl is capable of shapeshifting, as Amethyst told Pearl to shapeshift in Secret Team. And even if Pearl did want to keep her hypothetical inability to shapeshift a secret from Steven, I have no idea why she would also want to keep that a secret from the other Crystal Gems (not to mention, it's unlikely she'd even be able to keep such a secret over the thousands of years that she's known the other Crystal Gems. The truth would have to come out at some point). With all of this in mind, the theory that I've now seen floating around is that the reason why Pearl doesn't shapeshift, is because of a traumatic event from her past that involved shapeshifting -- for example, shattering Pink Diamond.

There's also what Zircon said during the trial:

So how did a Rose Quartz, with no business being anywhere near Pink Diamond, get so close to her in the first place? Where were Pink Diamond's attendants, her Agates, her Sapphires? And where was her Pearl?

Many have speculated that the writers ended with that statement for a reason -- suggesting that the Pearl we know was perhaps Pink Diamond's Pearl, and that she committed the act. Not only would Pink's Pearl certainly be able to get close to her, but also -- who would even expect a Pearl to do such a thing?

Additionally, Pearl's space suit has a Pink Diamond insignia on it:

tumblr_inline_oqttofQGDp1r2ako3_540.jpg

Which also supports the theory that our Pearl was Pink Diamond's Pearl. The only problem with this is that it raises the question: why is our Pearl white, rather than pink? After all, Yellow and Blue Diamond both have Pearls that match their respective colors, and it's not like pink pearls don't exist in real life. So Pink Diamond's Pearl most likely would have been pink, as well.

Another thing to note about Pearl: she's emotional, and she's done some stupid things when her emotions got the better of her. Things that she knew was wrong, and that she later regretted -- like when she posed as Peridot and repeatedly re-built the communication tower in order to continuously fuse with Garnet and become Sardonyx. And on the topic of Pearl being emotional: in Friend Ship, Pearl, in an attempt to make up for deceiving Garnet during the whole Sardonyx incident, frantically goes after Peridot -- throwing herself at Peridot's holograms in a desperate attempt to catch Peridot and please Garnet. It's quite clear that her emotions are getting to her, as she's normally a lot more tactical and strategic with her fighting, and her actions in the first half of the episode are anything but tactical. Most notably, however, there is one point in the episode where she attacks one of Peridot's holograms and quite clearly aims for the gem. Pearls spear touches holo-Peri's gem right as it disappears. Pearl believed that was the real Peridot -- and if it was the real Peridot, then Pearl could've very well shattered her. Granted, she did it in a fit of rage, and she certainly might have regretted it later. But the point remains, she could've done it.

It's possible that she could have shattered Pink Diamond in a similar fit of rage.

Also, whoever shattered Pink Diamond, did it with a sword, and we know that Pearl's pretty good with a sword.

Lastly, as for the whole, "in real life, only a diamond can break another diamond" thing? That's actually not completely true. In real life, only a diamond can scratch another diamond. But as for shattering one?

Just about any rock-shattering object will do, so long as you apply enough force.

Yellow and Blue both show actual grief when it was just the two of them.

To be honest, Yellow Diamond's grief never seemed very genuine to me. I think it's very possible that Yellow's expressions of grief were all just an act put on for Blue. And even then, Yellow looks like she just wants Blue to get over Pink's death already, and she honestly even comes across as a tad pushy about it.

Now, one could argue that Blue has been grieving for a ridiculously long amount of time, so it makes sense that Yellow would want her to move on already. But gems don't die from aging -- only shattering -- and no Diamond has ever been shattered other than Pink (that we know of), so it makes sense that grief would be a rather foreign concept to the Diamonds, and so it's unsurprising to me that Blue would be grieving for so long and that she would be unable to move on. I think it's more surprising that Yellow isn't endlessly grieving in much the same way.

Also, during the trial, Yellow seemed to be very eager to wrap things up sooner rather than later. Blue kept insisting that they give "Rose" a chance to speak, but Yellow seemed perfectly content skipping right past that -- and if we assume that she is guilty, then it makes perfect sense that she'd want to see Rose condemned before any evidence can be brought up to prove Rose innocent.

Lastly, her reaction to Zircon's accusations -- some have argued that her outrage isn't an admission of guilt as much as it is simply her being appalled that Zircon would suggest such a thing. After all, we've seen before that Yellow can be short-tempered, like when Peridot called her a clod. However, I think it's worth noting that Yellow doesn't look particularly shocked when Zircon accuses her. To me, she seemed to be surprisingly calm at first -- as if she was trying to downplay her reaction in order to avoid looking guilty (...and then she poofed Zircon and sent the robonoids after Steven and Lars). By comparison, she was much more visibly outraged when Peridot called her a clod (and most likely would've poofed Peridot -- or perhaps even shattered her -- if they were interacting in-person). So I think that, if Yellow was innocent and truly caught off-guard by Zircon's accusation (and allowing herself to react naturally as opposed to holding back), then she would've had a much stronger immediate reaction.

Last edited:
THE MOST UNEXPECTED CLASSIC WHO CINNAMON ROLL JUST GOT A CAMEO APPEARANCE IN THE LATEST EPISODE. I WAS SO HAPPY TO SEE HER. :,D

Oh god so many signups how can I join at the sheet amount of different fandoms. Has there been a Star vs the Forces of Evil fandom yet??

Reactions: Kagayours
Oh god so many signups how can I join at the sheet amount of different fandoms.

Um. I don't understand this sentence. Are you asking what the max number of characters you can have is?

If so, there's really no formal limit. I would start out with 1, though. And I might place a limit on you if I see that you're making more characters than you're able to manage.

Has there been a Star vs the Forces of Evil fandom yet??

There has not. Do you want me to reserve that one for you?

• Love
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
Um. I don't understand this sentence. Are you asking what the max number of characters you can have is?

If so, there's really no formal limit. I would start out with 1, though. And I might place a limit on you if I see that you're making more characters than you're able to manage.

There has not. Do you want me to reserve that one for you?
Oh all I meant by now is that this thread is so long x.x

Also I'm just gonna go ahead and make my CS if that's cool with you?​

Name:
Star vs. the Forces of Evil (just goes by Star)

Appearance:
latest

Personality:
Star is a very hyperactive 14 year old girl who loves martial arts. She is very outgoing and won't stop when she sees someone who is in need. Star believes that strangers are just "friends she hasn't met" and will always make time for anyone who needs it.

Despite all this, Star is shown to be rather reckless and is prone to messing things up, sometimes making situations worse rather than better. Though this isn't intentional, and Star will usually feel bad about it and try to correct things afterwards.

Abilities and Equipment:
Owns a magical wand that is mainly used in combat or just to have fun! Though it can do a lot of things, the wand does have a limit and sometimes will need a recharge period if used too much in one session.

She also owns a pair of dimensional scissors, which is how Star traverses between the real world and the Fandom world.

Home:
Star lives in her own area in the Disney Castle, since her fandom is centered around a Disney princess. Her place is rather large, with a pool inside and has an upstairs along with a queen sized bed on said second floor. Despite the size, Star's home itself is actually very unkept and disorganized, usually making it hard to find things there.

Quirks: Tries to ship every fandom she meets.