Well I don't want to upload entire pages of it or anything, but...

IMG_1923.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1927.jpg

FullSizeRender_23.jpg

IMG_1922.jpg

He's our houseplant.
"Love"-rating rightfully given.

I am your li'l house sapling.

I have a Tyrogue in Pokemon Go which is (supposedly) guaranteed to evolve into a Hitmonlee (which is one of the very few Gen I Pokemon that I still don't have yet).

owo"" Boy I sure hope the internet is right on this one...

@Neobullseye @neobendium @AquaTheLita @Rithas @LuckycoolHawk9 @Raven @Takumi @Minerva @chaosheart13

As I have mentioned before, I'll be starting Spring Break soon. The plan was (and, really, still is) that I will go home around noon on Friday. My plans for the rest of the day and Friday morning are so busy that I didn't think I would be online much until Friday evening. However, I have just found out that a wind storm knocked the power out back home, and we don't know when it will be back. I've been told that it could be down for a week or more. This means that the battery life on all of my devices is about to become a rather limited commodity. Theoretically I could still get plenty of use out of my devices now while I still have access to power, but... like I said, I'll be busy for much of that time frame.

Does this mean I won't be able to do the posts that I said I would do over Spring Break? Ehh... maybe? I have relatives who live decently close-by who will be letting us use their power as needed, which means that I at least won't be forced to make just one charge last all week. I also certainly plan to like... enjoy my vacation, at least to the best of my ability, and even my non-electronic hobbies still require access to a light source (so, I may find it difficult to read books or re-organize my Pokemon card collection after sunset, for example...) I also have actual homework that requires the use of my laptop, and I may need to prioritize that over other things.

What I'm trying to say is: I will still need to ration out my battery life between many things, and some of those things may just be purely for entertainment purposes, since my current sleep schedule means that I tend to sleep till noon and not go to bed until well past midnight, but my med schedule makes it hard to be productive late at night (not to mention the fact that I want to cut down on my dosage a bit during break anyway, meaning it'll run out even sooner in the day), so I may have an existential crisis if I can't find any way to entertain myself after dark... BUT I will still have at least some opportunities to re-charge my devices over break, so I'll probably be able to get around to doing at least some of the RP-related stuff that I wanted to do. We'll just have to see how everything works out. :/

The point is, I probably won't be continuing my regular routine of spending a ton of time lazing around on Iwaku and being active enough that I still see everything that happens even if I don't have the brain power to give detailed responses or write IC posts. For the next week or so, expect that my online presence will be much more conservative and task-oriented.

TL;DR -- KAGA DOES NOT HAVE POWER AND MUST RATION HER LAPTOP/PHONE BATTERY LIFE, and also my 3DS battery life, although that's not really relevant to being able to get IC posts up. Come Friday, I will also be putting a notice about this in my signature so that Gwazi will know about it because I can't be bothered to deal with that fucking username of his right now.

PS: Do not be fooled by the length of this message into thinking that I have lots of time on my hands this evening. I don't. I just suck at being concise, and I'm already upset at myself for taking so long to write this.

@Neobullseye @neobendium @AquaTheLita @Rithas @LuckycoolHawk9 @Raven @Takumi @Minerva @chaosheart13

As I have mentioned before, I'll be starting Spring Break soon. The plan was (and, really, still is) that I will go home around noon on Friday. My plans for the rest of the day and Friday morning are so busy that I didn't think I would be online much until Friday evening. However, I have just found out that a wind storm knocked the power out back home, and we don't know when it will be back. I've been told that it could be down for a week or more. This means that the battery life on all of my devices is about to become a rather limited commodity. Theoretically I could still get plenty of use out of my devices now while I still have access to power, but... like I said, I'll be busy for much of that time frame.

Does this mean I won't be able to do the posts that I said I would do over Spring Break? Ehh... maybe? I have relatives who live decently close-by who will be letting us use their power as needed, which means that I at least won't be forced to make just one charge last all week. I also certainly plan to like... enjoy my vacation, at least to the best of my ability, and even my non-electronic hobbies still require access to a light source (so, I may find it difficult to read books or re-organize my Pokemon card collection after sunset, for example...) I also have actual homework that requires the use of my laptop, and I may need to prioritize that over other things.

What I'm trying to say is: I will still need to ration out my battery life between many things, and some of those things may just be purely for entertainment purposes, since my current sleep schedule means that I tend to sleep till noon and not go to bed until well past midnight, but my med schedule makes it hard to be productive late at night (not to mention the fact that I want to cut down on my dosage a bit during break anyway, meaning it'll run out even sooner in the day), so I may have an existential crisis if I can't find any way to entertain myself after dark... BUT I will still have at least some opportunities to re-charge my devices over break, so I'll probably be able to get around to doing at least some of the RP-related stuff that I wanted to do. We'll just have to see how everything works out. :/

The point is, I probably won't be continuing my regular routine of spending a ton of time lazing around on Iwaku and being active enough that I still see everything that happens even if I don't have the brain power to give detailed responses or write IC posts. For the next week or so, expect that my online presence will be much more conservative and task-oriented.

TL;DR -- KAGA DOES NOT HAVE POWER AND MUST RATION HER LAPTOP/PHONE BATTERY LIFE, and also my 3DS battery life, although that's not really relevant to being able to get IC posts up. Come Friday, I will also be putting a notice about this in my signature so that Gwazi will know about it because I can't be bothered to deal with that fucking username of his right now.

PS: Do not be fooled by the length of this message into thinking that I have lots of time on my hands this evening. I don't. I just suck at being concise, and I'm already upset at myself for taking so long to write this.

@0118999881999119725...3 Hear that?

Reactions: Takumi
But it's so easy to remember!
There's even a song to it!

Also

Zelda: Breath of the Wild is good.

Gwazi is not allowed to comment on this post.

@Kagayours Are you playing Breath of the Wild on the Wii U or the Switch?

Also

Zelda: Breath of the Wild is good.

Gwazi is not allowed to comment on this post.

I plan to one day own this game.....and a Switch....one day

@Kagayours Are you playing Breath of the Wild on the Wii U or the Switch?
Wii U. Not that I actually own that console. It's video game night at the nerd club and this is the game we're playing. So I've just been watching most of the time. But stiiiiill. It's fucking gorgeous, Link does parkour and sets fire to things, you can befriend wildlife, Princess Zelda is British apparently, Link hums a cute little song when he cooks food, basically everything Link does is adorable, you can pick up arrows after you use them, the arrows actually deal with physics and gravity which means you have to aim high because it'll arch downward but how high you have to aim depends on how far away you are, Link has an item that is supposed to be a fancy magic artifact but it basically just looks like a smartphone, you can kill skeleton monsters and then use their arms as weapons, you can control time -- also did I mention the game is gorgeous?

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
Anywho, I'll probably be chilling out here for the rest of the night while I have the option to.

And I might have some time to spend online Friday morning... we'll see.

UPDATE:

So, the electricity situation is not as bad as I thought! Or at least, in terms of how it affects me personally, it's not so bad. Objectively, it's really a lot worse than I thought. Apparently my hometown is literally in a state of emergency, and the outage apparently means that my house doesn't have heat, either, thus making it barely livable. BUT, this means that my parents have already made arrangements for me to live with a relative who does have power (which is much better than only popping by every so often to charge devices, which was my original assumption). Admittedly I didn't ask my mom for a lot of details about the situation when I was first told about it because I didn't want to perpetuate the stereotype of the millennial who panics at the very thought of a dead phone battery, but, apparently I'm not alone in this need. A lot of schools and even retail establishments have opened themselves up to the public as "charging stations", offering power and wi-fi to the many people without it. Looks like I'm not too crazy for being concerned about not being able to use my devices, and my peers are all a bit more sympathetic towards that need than I expected. ^^"

So, life still might be pretty crazy for a while, and I might be bouncing around between a few different living spaces until my own power comes back on (assuming that even happens before break ends). But, I think my mom was spot-on when she said "I figured you'd be happier sleeping on the floor in a warm house with wi-fi than sleeping in a bed in a cold house without wi-fi"… I know that I'll at least be spending tonight (and probably tomorrow morning and maybe even a few days after that) in a house that has power, heat, internet, and food that's been frozen/refrigerated properly, and those are all things that I'm very thankful for right now. o_o" The question of where I'll be staying after tonight is still a bit up-in-the-air, but, at least I have a lot more options than I thought I did. I think I'll be alright.

In conclusion, despite the literal state of emergency, the comfort that I'll still have power, internet, and won't have to rely solely on natural sources of light for a good chunk of the time means that most of my original spring break plans can actually carry on without much issue, relatively speaking. o_o" So… that's a good thing to look forward to! BUT, it's definitely worth keeping in mind that things are still kinda crazy right now, so my online presence still won't be quite as consistent as it would've been if the power never went out at all. I'll try to keep you guys updated whenever something major happens, but, in the meantime, don't be too surprised if I suddenly vanish for a day or two.

UPDATE:

So, the electricity situation is not as bad as I thought! Or at least, in terms of how it affects me personally, it's not so bad. Objectively, it's really a lot worse than I thought. Apparently my hometown is literally in a state of emergency, and the outage apparently means that my house doesn't have heat, either, thus making it barely livable. BUT, this means that my parents have already made arrangements for me to live with a relative who does have power (which is much better than only popping by every so often to charge devices, which was my original assumption). Admittedly I didn't ask my mom for a lot of details about the situation when I was first told about it because I didn't want to perpetuate the stereotype of the millennial who panics at the very thought of a dead phone battery, but, apparently I'm not alone in this need. A lot of schools and even retail establishments have opened themselves up to the public as "charging stations", offering power and wi-fi to the many people without it. Looks like I'm not too crazy for being concerned about not being able to use my devices, and my peers are all a bit more sympathetic towards that need than I expected. ^^"

So, life still might be pretty crazy for a while, and I might be bouncing around between a few different living spaces until my own power comes back on (assuming that even happens before break ends). But, I think my mom was spot-on when she said "I figured you'd be happier sleeping on the floor in a warm house with wi-fi than sleeping in a bed in a cold house without wi-fi"… I know that I'll at least be spending tonight (and probably tomorrow morning and maybe even a few days after that) in a house that has power, heat, internet, and food that's been frozen/refrigerated properly, and those are all things that I'm very thankful for right now. o_o" The question of where I'll be staying after tonight is still a bit up-in-the-air, but, at least I have a lot more options than I thought I did. I think I'll be alright.

In conclusion, despite the literal state of emergency, the comfort that I'll still have power, internet, and won't have to rely solely on natural sources of light for a good chunk of the time means that most of my original spring break plans can actually carry on without much issue, relatively speaking. o_o" So… that's a good thing to look forward to! BUT, it's definitely worth keeping in mind that things are still kinda crazy right now, so my online presence still won't be quite as consistent as it would've been if the power never went out at all. I'll try to keep you guys updated whenever something major happens, but, in the meantime, don't be too surprised if I suddenly vanish for a day or two.
That part where you (that is I) are not sure whether to rate a post "You need a hug" for support or "Bucket of Rainbows" because it's not as bad as it could have been (at least not for Kaga herself ^_^)

That moment when you not only have a very good in-character reason for your "mystery character" to reveal his identity even from an IC perspective, but also an in-character reason for him to deliberately avoid interacting with more of your own characters. :P

I was originally planning on posting for both Doctors tonight, but I ran out of steam. And, yes, I know that I technically wasn't even due yet to post for either of them, and there are other characters (and other RP's) that are in greater need of a post from me right now, but... fuck it, I'm on vacation, and I'm going to start by posting for the characters that I'm actually the most invested in and the most eager to post for. Give me a few days to have some fun and rest, and then I'll start to focus on the higher priority stuff. :P

I can't get over the fact that this is a thing.

So, here we see that it is possible to glitch the game in just the right way that attempting to trade with another player will cause the glitched game to completely overwrite the save data on the non-glitched game and replace it with its own. And then, the newly-infected game will also send the corrupted data to any game that it trades with. In other words, it's a virus. ...For Pokemon games. (Although it's worth noting that, because the virus makes the game completely unplayable, it's sort of impossible to not notice that your game has been fucked with.)

Here we see that the virus can be blocked if the would-be target has already beaten Sabrina. ...Because Pokemon glitches are weird.

But then...

The creator of the original virus created a new version, and this virus will not only infect any copy of Red/Blue regardless of whether or not Sabrina has been defeated, but it is also completely undetectable through normal gameplay. Unlike the original virus, which obviously turned any game it infects into a glitchy mess, this one does no such thing. You can continue to play the game normally after receiving the virus and you'd never even notice that anything was up. So, if it's not malicious or obviously glitchy, then, what does this virus actually do?

It allows you to use strength on the truck next to the S.S. Anne and encounter Mew.

That rumor that was never true but for some reason everyone thought was true... can now actually be made true.

This is it. This is the pinnacle of Gen I glitches. There is no way to make it any better than this.

Oh, and all of this also works in the 3DS Virtual Console versions, too.

My aunt has so many books in this house. And some of the titles are just... very distracting.

Like, one eye-catching title was "The Third Jesus". I feel like that implies that there's a 2nd one that I should know about, but, yeah, ok, let's just skip straight to the 3rd without any explanation.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9

769c53eea35b411f0bec6344db1c7d6ecc7c022eed5ac7bb5b6ae4ebf07300a1.jpg

...But I still don't have internet. The heat's back, but it'll take a little while to return to a comfortable temperature. I'll be staying at my aunt's one more night before going home, and after that, the internet will probably be back on. If not... meh, I'll survive. Besides, I can use my phone as a hotspot if I really need to, and even without that, you'd be surprised at how much RP-related stuff I can get done even without internet access, so long as I at least have my computer. :P Or maybe I'll just find something else to do until the internet's back. Who knows.

I'll give you all another update sometime tomorrow, of course. Worst case scenario, I might still be without internet for a while. But, it probably won't be an issue. In any case, it looks like I'm almost out of the woods, and I'm glad that things got better a lot faster than I initially anticipated. o_o"

I spent way too long on Google trying to find a good image to use for the start of this message. You'd be amazed how hard it is to find that particular He Man bit, as a gif, at a decent size, and still with a caption. Eventually I had to settle for this lame, tiny one. Also, it took almost no time at all for the search results to devolve into a mess of completely-unrelated images. I even found a familiar face fairly close to the top. I don't know if he was only put there as a result of my own browsing history, or if it was just pure coincidence, but I was amused by it.

I'm home, and the house is warm -- but there's still no internet. I can use my phone's wi-fi hotspot when needed (which is how I'm online right now), but that uses up data, so I'd prefer to use it sparingly. Hopefully it'll be back on in another day or so, but, until then, don't expect me to spend a ton of time just hanging out online. I'll still hopefully get at least some RP-related stuff done in the meantime, though. After all, I don't need internet access to write IC posts -- I only need two brief windows of connectivity: one to load up the IC pages I'll be replying to, and another to actually post the content once I'm finished typing it. The actual writing process can be done entirely in "offline mode", so to speak. :P

I'll of course be sure to let you all know when the internet is back on.