• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
@Gwazi Magnum Well... that was... unexpected, at the very least. XD

ALSO, CAN I JUST SAY...

The drawing class I took this semester has changed me. I no longer look at the world and see objects in the same way that a normal person should. No, I look around and all I see are shadows and highlights and midtones and all I can think about is how one would theoretically shade all that in if they were to draw it...

Also...

Does anyone want to help me come up with a good name for a moon goddess that isn't simply "Luna"?
derp_zps7d4eee7d.png
Because Luna would be the most obvious name, but it is also the most boring and predictable, and I want to avoid it if I can.

Also...

Does anyone want to help me come up with a good name for a moon goddess that isn't simply "Luna"?
derp_zps7d4eee7d.png
Because Luna would be the most obvious name, but it is also the most boring and predictable, and I want to avoid it if I can.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll I found this and this! Does that help?

• Thank You
Reactions: Kagayours
Ooooh "Diana" works well... I might go with that...
Inb4 our local owl peeks into the thread, wondering why she gets mentioned all of the time :P

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Minerva
Inb4 our local owl peeks into the thread, wondering why she gets mentioned all of the time :P
Listen man I already got this goddess symbolically linked to owls and shit soooo...

BUT UM

She is much more strongly linked to wolves. Wolves are the important thing. Owls are more like... a side-note.

ANYWAY, if I'm being honest, I think the main thing that came to mind when I saw the name was Dianamon from Digimon World Dusk. XD But uh... still, it sounded like a nice name and also a thematically relevant name and it doesn't sound intensely foreign or difficult to pronounce...

It also has a distinctly feminine sound to it, which is good, since this moon goddess is also the goddess of femininity (while the sun god is also the god of masculinity), so, having a feminine-sounding name is important.

SO YEAH, IT'S AN ALL-AROUND GOOD NAME. The references to owlmom will be inevitable, but that's no reason to give up such a good find. >:I

We finally watched one of those Driving gore filled Horror Videos you talked about.

That was... That was something.

"What the...", Final Fantasy muttered as the weird robots moved into view. "Where are their legs? And is that a plunger on its right arm? Who designed that thing?
A man who brilliantly found a way to scrape together what few materials the show's non-existent budget could afford, and designed a villain so well-received that the show's popularity skyrocketed immediately after the Daleks' debut, thereby saving the show from being cancelled after only a few episodes -- that's who.
sun.gif

This is only marginally related, but, here's a Christmas song about a Dalek:

JUST TO EMPHASIZE HOW INSANELY POPULAR DALEKS BECAME IN THAT TIME.

A man who brilliantly found a way to scrape together what few materials the show's non-existent budget could afford, and designed a villain so well-received that the show's popularity skyrocketed immediately after the Daleks' debut, thereby saving the show from being cancelled after only a few episodes -- that's who.
sun.gif

This is only marginally related, but, here's a Christmas song about a Dalek:

JUST TO EMPHASIZE HOW INSANELY POPULAR DALEKS BECAME IN THAT TIME.

Well, it was the 60's. Everybody was High af.

But seriously. WHAT? Why is that song a thing?

Reactions: Kagayours
@Kaga-kun Why do both of your Moon names name themselves after members of the site? XD

@Kaga-kun Why do both of your Moon names name themselves after members of the site? XD
Both...?

If you're referring to "Luna" as the other one, then I can tell you that an Iwaku member is certainly not the first thing that one. XD

Edit: In fact, I'd say the first other thing that came to mind would be an MLP character... who is also essentially a moon deity, and simply named "Luna", and it's generic and predictable and I don't want that! (I mean... MLP can get away with it because those kinds of simple and literal names just sort of work in that universe... but I can do better than that!)

Last edited:
But seriously. WHAT? Why is that song a thing?
Because the Daleks were insanely popular, and people wanted to cash in on that success. :P

Hell, the BBC even licensed a series of Dalek movies... like, theater-release movies, in color... And they weren't even Doctor Who movies, they were just... Dalek movies... (It's like they're the fuckin' minions or something.

ALSO, it's worth noting that the Daleks of the 60's really were adorable compared to the Daleks of today. XD They've spent the past 50 years slowly making them more powerful, getting rid of their weaknesses and adding new abilities and even making their personalities slightly more ruthless over time, so, when you go back to the original Daleks? Ohhhh they're just so... cute. X3 It was not until I watched Classic Who that I understood the "Dalekmania" of the 60's.

ALSO

I just walked past a TV screen and my attention was instantly captured when I saw RINGOOOOOOOO

And I just... I'm just amused by the existence of this commercial for some reason. XD And even more amused that I just happened to randomly come across it on live TV. o.o

ALSO

THE ENTIRE COMMENTS SECTION IS JUST PEOPLE BEING MEAN TO RINGO AND SAYING HE DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE A BEATLE. :<

WHY IS EVERYONE MEAN TO RINGO???? D:

I sort of want to join Tumblr because several people I like are on there, but am a bit nervous to because I am a Straight (well, more Asexual, except I have a girlfriend.) White, Middle Class, Cisgendered, libertarian, Christian Male who supported Marco Rubio and then Ted Cruz and who always needs to check his privilege.

I know there are areas I should stay away from since I'm that, but I feel like even if I tend to generally stay away from there, I may accidentally say something.

So, uh, help? Gwazi?

libertarian, Christian Male
Oh shit, Tumblr will hate you even more than me! XD

I at least got Democrat (Mostly, I try to avoid political labels as anything more than a quick summary/impression) and Atheist going for me.

But then again, you got Asexual going for you while I'm straight. :P
if I tend to generally stay away from there, I may accidentally say something.
Well, that's part of the nature of the Internet. Even on Iwaku you can get people raging mad at you for saying certain non-PC things.
I've had it happen to me a few times here. XD
So, uh, help? Gwazi?
Honestly as far as Tumblr specifically is concerned you're better off asking @Kaga-kun. I used the site for like 2 days before deciding it wasn't for me.

All I can really suggest for that site specifically is stay in South Tumblr, which basically means avoid drama/news channels and just follow nerd/fandom things. You'll still get shit like Steven Universe fans being whining racist bitches, but it will be a much more rare occurrence.

I sort of want to join Tumblr because several people I like are on there, but am a bit nervous to because I am a Straight (well, more Asexual, except I have a girlfriend.) White, Middle Class, Cisgendered, libertarian, Christian Male who supported Marco Rubio and then Ted Cruz and who always needs to check his privilege.

I know there are areas I should stay away from since I'm that, but I feel like even if I tend to generally stay away from there, I may accidentally say something.

So, uh, help? Gwazi?
Don't know why you're asking Gwazi, since he barely visits Tumblr -- I'm the white Catholic cishet who frequents the place and keeps dragging in stuff from there. XD

At any rate, I think you'll be fine -- the average Tumblr experience isn't nearly as bad as all the stereotypes surrounding the place, especially if you just follow blogs about stuff that you're interested in and don't delve too deep into the social justice stuff.

Additionally, if you're really worried, there's also an app for Chrome (and probably also Firefox) called "Tumblr Savior" that blocks out any posts containing certain keywords -- and it works very well as a substitute for any sort of actual similar feature on the site.

And besides, so long as you don't actively say anything racist/sexist/etc? I doubt you'll face the wrath of the lynch mobs... Personally, the worst I've come across is the occasional post that makes me feel mildly uncomfortable about being white or whatever. It's really not that bad.

And if you do see anything really bad? You can just unfollow whoever posted it. Easy.

Oh and, hell, there have even been times when I've posted extremely controversial opinions (at least... by Tumblr's standards) and gotten by with a minimal amount of anon hate. :P Plus, unless you make a post that becomes super popular... everyone's going to forget about anything you said before long.

And also! You'd be surprised at what sort of opinions are floating out there. For every shitty, stereotypically Tumblr thing, there are a bunch of other middle-of-the-road posts that stand as an antithesis to that, still promoting social justice but in a sane way, and exposing the shittiness behind some of the more hostile ways of doing things.

I'd stay away from political stuff, though, since Ted Cruz is definitely not popular -- well, aside from all the memes about him being the zodiac killer -- but... unless you actively express strong support for him and make long posts about why you think he's the best candidate... I doubt anyone will be sending death threats your way anytime soon. >_>

And if you see too many anti-Cruz posts that rub you the wrong way, then, like I said, it's fairly easy to stay away from the content you dislike by just unfollowing the people who post that kind of stuff. I know Tumblr is often criticized as being an echo-chamber where it's easy to surround yourself with solely like-minded people, buuuut... sometimes that's for the best.

Here's my blog, if you want to follow me. Admittedly I do reblog some social justice stuff, and my views probably don't completely align with all of yours, but... yeah. It's mostly a blog for fandom stuff and text posts and memes and all that. Also, Beatles. Lots and lots of Beatles. Like soooo much Beatles stuff that it outweighs all the other fandoms I post about (though I've been meaning to start following people from other fandoms to get a bit more variety...), but uh, yeah, if you're content scrolling past some stuff that you may-or-may-not like, then I'd love to have you as a follower. XD

ALSO!!! If you see a post where you agree with the overall message of a post but you think the wording of it is too mean or manipulative or there's a comment like "who the hell doesn't reblog this??" or "I see you people scrolling past this!!" then don't be tempted by it. It's a manipulative trick and it's just going to pressure you into reblogging it even if you don't completely agree with it and then your followers will also be similarly pressured. It's just mean-spirited all around. If you don't whole-heartedly agree with a post, then don't be pressured into reblogging it (you'll be doing your followers a favor, besides).

Edit: Point is!! Your dash and your blog should be your happy place and you shouldn't have to worry so much about what you say. There are a ton of tools available to help you ignore/block whatever it is that you don't want to hear, and there's nothing wrong with using them. It's surprisingly easy to stay out of drama if you don't allow yourself to get dragged into it in the first place. o_o

Edit2: I'd like to emphasize how useful Tumblr Savior is. Not only is it great if you want to avoid social justice stuff, but it's also very convenient for avoiding spoilers for fandoms you're not caught up on. :P OH! And I also recommend XKit -- the more time you spend on Tumblr, the more you'll become aware that the staff have no idea how to run a website, and you'll start seeing more and more features that you want to change -- as well as more great features being removed that you want to change back. Xkit makes it easy to customize Tumblr to make it a lot easier to use, so you can ignore all the shitty decisions the staff make. (I also strongly recommend the "nested" reblog format as opposed to the way the site looks now, cuz maaaan you don't know what you're missing. It's just so much cleaner to look at... and the staff taking it away is what made me get Xkit in the first place, because I couldn't stand switching to the ugly format that the Tumblr staff apparently preferred. DX )

Last edited:
*See's Kaga's Tumblr*
*See's she's promoting Starter Equality*

Too Political Kaga... o_o
I'm triggered.