• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Dragons > Winchester
:P

Also, would dragon fire and Valyrian Steel do anything against Daleks?
Depends on what makes dragon fire different from any other fire. Because I don't think fire would do too much. Also I don't know what Valyrian Steel is.

Dragons > Winchester
:P

Also, would dragon fire and Valyrian Steel do anything against Daleks?
Realistically? No.

But let's remember Game of Thrones tries to be very tame and realistic with it's power levels.
While Doctor Who is "Fuck it! Nothing's out of bounds!". To the point where if someone goes "Hey! I watched Doctor Who. I saw the episode where he saves the Universe" the usual reply is "Which one?".

In other words, I would suggest we tone down the power of more powerful fandom's like Doctor Who if for nothing more than to make other fandoms relevant.

Realistically? No.

But let's remember Game of Thrones tries to be very tame and realistic with it's power levels.
While Doctor Who is "Fuck it! Nothing's out of bounds!". To the point where if someone goes "Hey! I watched Doctor Who. I saw the episode where he saves the Universe" the usual reply is "Which one?".

In other words, I would suggest we tone down the power of more powerful fandom's like Doctor Who if for nothing more than to make other fandoms relevant.
You were the one who invited Daleks to the party on page 1. :P

You were the one who invited Daleks to the party on page 1. :P
I invited traces, hints of Daleks. Not actual Daleks. :P
Besides, my criticism here applies to the Doctor Who Universe as a whole.

I invited traces, hints of Daleks. Not actual Daleks. :P
Besides, my criticism here applies to the Doctor Who Universe as a whole.
Really a lot of that just has to do with how long the show's been around, though. Like... just take the Daleks for example. If you were to watch the very first Dalek episode, they are so weak compared to the Daleks we know today that it's kind of hilarious. But then every time the Doctor defeated them, the writers had to eliminate whatever flaw he took advantage of before so that they could remain formidable, and then, fifty years later... yeah.

Similarly the sonic screwdriver was originally an ACTUAL SCREWDRIVER but as the episodes went on they were kind of like "oh and it can also do this, and this, and this..." until we got the pocket deus ex machina that we have today.

But yeah, I mean, it makes sense to tone down what each Fandom is capable of in the RP. I even kind of posted a rule about that in the OP, even using Doctor Who as an example, as he could use the TARDIS for a ridiculous number of things but doesn't because it would kind of break the RP.

And on a completely different note,

GUESS WHO JUST BOUGHT A TICKET FOR NIGHT VALE LIVE!!!! :D

I'm now tempted to make a D&D fandom, whose weapon wields the enchantment Bane (Fandom).
In other words, does bonus damage against any kind of fandom... :3
Really a lot of that just has to do with how long the show's been around, though. Like... just take the Daleks for example. If you were to watch the very first Dalek episode, they are so weak compared to the Daleks we know today that it's kind of hilarious. But then every time the Doctor defeated them, the writers had to eliminate whatever flaw he took advantage of before so that they could remain formidable, and then, fifty years later... yeah.

Similarly the sonic screwdriver was originally an ACTUAL SCREWDRIVER but as the episodes went on they were kind of like "oh and it can also do this, and this, and this..." until we got the pocket deus ex machina that we have today.

But yeah, I mean, it makes sense to tone down what each Fandom is capable of in the RP. I even kind of posted a rule about that in the OP, even using Doctor Who as an example, as he could use the TARDIS for a ridiculous number of things but doesn't because it would kind of break the RP.
I knew about the Screwdriver already. But imagining weak Daleks is rather tricky. :P

And I know the rule is there, but I felt it beared repeating when we entered territory such as a Dalek's armor/protection against a certain weapon.

And on a completely different note,
GUESS WHO JUST BOUGHT A TICKET FOR NIGHT VALE LIVE!!!! :D
Thrones?
No wait, Sherlock?

I knew about the Screwdriver already. But imagining weak Daleks is rather tricky. :P
-Can't climb stairs
-Can't move on any surface that isn't metal (though that was changed as early as their second ever episode)
-Terrible peripheral vision (though my headcanon is that that never changed)
-Can't fly (in case that wasn't made clear)
-I guess their death rays had a "stun" setting because they temporarily paralyzed one of the Doctor's companions before they tried killing anyone
-Also didn't use their death rays as often
-Can't just burn off anything that covers their eye stalk like they can now (so they're fairly easy to blind)
-Were slowed down by extreme cold, and could also be killed by throwing them into ice water (even through the metal!)
-And those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

And I know the rule is there, but I felt it beared repeating when we entered territory such as a Dalek's armor/protection against a certain weapon.

Wait.

Would that make the Daleks overpowered for being protected against so many weapons?

Or would that make other Fandoms overpowered because their weapons have specifically been given the a-ok to kill a Dalek?

This is actually kind of difficult to manage now that I think about it.

-Can't climb stairs
-Can't move on any surface that isn't metal (though that was changed as early as their second ever episode)
-Terrible peripheral vision (though my headcanon is that that never changed)
-Can't fly (in case that wasn't made clear)
-I guess their death rays had a "stun" setting because they temporarily paralyzed one of the Doctor's companions before they tried killing anyone
-Also didn't use their death rays as often
-Can't just burn off anything that covers their eye stalk like they can now (so they're fairly easy to blind)
-Were slowed down by extreme cold, and could also be killed by throwing them into ice water (even through the metal!)
-And those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
I remember when Christopher Eccelson tried the stair trick on the Daleks.
The look on his face when it failed! XD

But really? No metal surface?
How? Why?
Wait.

Would that make the Daleks overpowered for being protected against so many weapons?

Or would that make other Fandoms overpowered because their weapons have specifically been given the a-ok to kill a Dalek?

This is actually kind of difficult to manage now that I think about it.
It is. :/
I'm thinking we need to create some sort of weak spot for the Daleks.

I remember when Christopher Eccelson tried the stair trick on the Daleks.
The look on his face when it failed! XD

Hah, yeah, that's kind of hilarious when you know what the old Daleks were like. XD

But really? No metal surface?
How? Why?

Because I believe originally it was said that they powered their suits with some sort of static electricity they got through the floor and I guess it only worked on metal surfaces. No metal = no power. The Doctor actually managed to de-activate one by shoving it onto a coat they'd laid on the floor, separating it from the metal.

It is kind of stupid, though. Which was why they changed it.

It is. :/
I'm thinking we need to create some sort of weak spot for the Daleks.

Having this conversation now, it would be kind of hilarious if they realized they were up against Classic Daleks. :P

Because I believe originally it was said that they powered their suits with some sort of static electricity they got through the floor and I guess it only worked on metal surfaces. No metal = no power. The Doctor actually managed to de-activate one by shoving it onto a coat they'd laid on the floor, separating it from the metal.

It is kind of stupid, though. Which was why they changed it.
That does sound like a pretty big design flaw.
Having this conversation now, it would be kind of hilarious if they realized they were up against Classic Daleks. :P
That would be an easy way to introduce the fandoms to conflict.
They deal with a classic dalek and go "Lol, this was easy!". But then a real Dalek pops up and they go "Game over man! Game over!".

That does sound like a pretty big design flaw.

That would be an easy way to introduce the fandoms to conflict.
They deal with a classic dalek and go "Lol, this was easy!". But then a real Dalek pops up and they go "Game over man! Game over!".

Hah, yeah, Classic Daleks would make a pretty good first enemy.

^ Relevant.

• Thank You
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Hah, yeah, Classic Daleks would make a pretty good first enemy.
It'd be like taking taking from a baby. :P

^ Relevant.
So THAT's where that Dalek guy was from.
When he was talking with David Tenant like they knew each other for a long time all I could think was "Who is this?".

So THAT's where that Dalek guy was from.
When he was talking with David Tenant like they knew each other for a long time all I could think was "Who is this?".

Davros? Oh yeah, he's been a huge thing in the series ever since Tom Baker's era. That wasn't even his first episode. And he's been in quite a few other Classic episodes since then.

So yeah, for Classic fans watching Tennant's era, that bit was probably some holy shit moment like "AAAAH IT'S DAVROS! DAVROS IS BACK! EVEN THOUGH I THOUGHT THEY MADE IT PRETTY CLEAR THAT THE SEVENTH DOCTOR KILLED HIM BUT YOU KNOW WHAT YOU JUST CAN'T EVER PERMANENTLY KILL SOMEONE IN THIS SHOW CAN YOU??"

I mean I can't say that for sure since I'm not exactly old enough to have grown up with the Classic series and I discovered New Who first, but growing familiar with the Classic series I'd like to imagine what some Classic fans' reactions were to some of the stuff in the new series. XD

Davros? Oh yeah, he's been a huge thing in the series ever since Tom Baker's era. That wasn't even his first episode. And he's been in quite a few other Classic episodes since then.

So yeah, for Classic fans watching Tennant's era, that bit was probably some holy shit moment like "AAAAH IT'S DAVROS! DAVROS IS BACK! EVEN THOUGH I THOUGHT THEY MADE IT PRETTY CLEAR THAT THE SEVENTH DOCTOR KILLED HIM BUT YOU KNOW WHAT YOU JUST CAN'T EVER PERMANENTLY KILL SOMEONE IN THIS SHOW CAN YOU??"

I mean I can't say that for sure since I'm not exactly old enough to have grown up with the Classic series and I discovered New Who first, but growing familiar with the Classic series I'd like to imagine what some Classic fans' reactions were to some of the stuff in the new series. XD
Doctor Who is one of those shows where you really need to be able to embrace plot holes and dues ex moments. :P

Doctor Who is one of those shows where you really need to be able to embrace plot holes and dues ex moments. :P

Yeeeeeeaaaah I mean, I love the show to bits, but, there are just so many plot holes and continuity errors that it's not even worth trying to list them all.

ALTHOUGH, to be fair, that one Seventh Doctor episode that I mentioned was a serious attempt at killing off the Daleks permanently and never bringing them back, because the show was coming to a close and they wanted to give the Daleks and Davros an actual ending, I guess.

But then Davies was all like "naaaaah I can't bring this show back without Daleks" so yeah.

ALTHOUGH, to be fair, that one Seventh Doctor episode that I mentioned was a serious attempt at killing off the Daleks permanently and never bringing them back, because the show was coming to a close and they wanted to give the Daleks and Davros an actual ending, I guess.

But then Davies was all like "naaaaah I can't bring this show back without Daleks" so yeah.
And then they destroyed Gallifrey. XD