Fall of the House of Adir (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The beard speaks for itself, a sentient anomaly on its own, and yeah it does seem a bit irksome.

I like it as a general rule of thumb to separate dialogue from prose but it's irritating when people use uber bright colors

If anyone thinks my colors are too bright lemme know. I'll change them.

I generally dislike colour at all but that's just me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Arius LaVari
To me colour is first of all spelt colour. But you yanks will never learn proper English so nevermind that. And to my mind coloured text is simply annoying as hell to read especially the bright shades.

I stick a feather in my hat and call it macaroni too.
:D

I like colored text when doing stuff like this. It makes skim reading even easier. (I skim read everything and if it's interest enough I'll go back and read it slower.)

There are some people that make especially long posts too. I mean, I try not to skim, but when I've got only so much time and a bunch to read, I admit I'll read every other line.

Long, short, I have no cares. Skim reading is the only way to go. Thank you public education system for giving me the attention span of a flea.
... oh wait, nevermind. I was born with that...
Thank you public education system for honing my flea sized attention span into an object of mass word consumption.

And just an FYI, since my character was the last to arrive, I'm going to go back and edit my post to reflect certain changes that occur in your guy's posts. (But that'd be once I get home from work~~)

• Love
Reactions: Hitomi Forsyth
I read everything... Especially when it's interesting!

Yeah I can admit, some of the first posts seemed a bit overwhelming, I like to avoid overdescribing things or using unnecessary phrases or adjectives and whatnot to make it more concise.

@Tanstin

What are you talking about, most of the first posts didn't even break the thousand word standard. I mean this is'nt a chat style rp, which in my mind doesn't deserve to be called an rp.

I use color text, (yeah, I'm a yank too), because I like making skimming easier for people. And honestly if you know what the dialogue is in important things like this, you get the basic jist of everything going on.

I'll go clean up some of the colors though if something is to bright. But I never know what is to bright. Iwaku has different color schemes, remember? So where I have a black background, someone could have a white background. And that instantly makes colors more vibrant or dark really. I'm sorry I used annoying colours. I don't plan to have that many people talk again in my next posts. And usually I stick with just my character using a color.

@Tanstin

What are you talking about, most of the first posts didn't even break the thousand word standard. I mean this is'nt a chat style rp, which in my mind doesn't deserve to be called an rp.

Agreed. Mine was pretty short compared to my average. But I also tend to get longer the more I go on.

I just kind of assume everyone mostly uses black color scheme. I tried switching to a white one (Sudden bright colors hurted my eyes, along with mass quantities of white) but I couldn't see any of the text in the threads lol.

And I dunno, sometimes it's nice to be in a few smaller, casual roleplays. Long, 4k word posts are great and all, but I'm busy writing my own novel, and lack the time to write a mini one when I'm roleplaying xD

Agreed. Mine was pretty short compared to my average. But I also tend to get longer the more I go on.
Ahh, Im kind of new, so I'm not fully familiar with average RP posts, but not lal posts have to be necessarily 1000 words, its all based on different tendencies and gets a bit binding imo. Like I said, I havent been in many RPs, (i've steered clear of the jump-in section for reasons) so I just kind of guessed they'd be around 1-2 paragraphs.

@Tanstin

You know a thousand words isn't really all that much when you get right down to it. I mean just properly describing a fight can take between four to six hundred words if you want to do it ( I don't want to say right as it has the wrong context.) shall we say colourful and vividly.

Throw in dialog and environmental descriptions and hell you've got your thousand words right there. Then there is the more complex posts dealing with say why Kingdom A decided invading Kingdom B was a good idea. I've seen stuff like that reach ten thousand words.

Reactions: Rainjay
Ahh, Im kind of new, so I'm not fully familiar with average RP posts, but not lal posts have to be necessarily 1000 words, its all based on different tendencies and gets a bit binding imo. Like I said, I havent been in many RPs, (i've steered clear of the jump-in section for reasons) so I just kind of guessed they'd be around 1-2 paragraphs.

@Tanstin

You know a thousand words isn't really all that much when you get right down to it. I mean just properly describing a fight can take between four to six hundred words if you want to do it ( I don't want to say right as it has the wrong context.) shall we say colourful and vividly.

Throw in dialog and environmental descriptions and hell you've got your thousand words right there. Then there is the more complex posts dealing with say why Kingdom A decided invading Kingdom B was a good idea. I've seen stuff like that reach ten thousand words.

Some people can do 1-2 paragraphs and make them work, but I find it really hard to get detail, feelings, emotion, character development, etc into such a small space. Usually you can get away with less in a group RP because other people pick up the slack. I aim for a minimum of three decently written paragraphs. Of course there are times (expecially in 1x1 situations) where such length becomes redundant and slows down the plot.

The key here is to want to keep improving. I don't mind working with people, just don't get lazy and fall back on "I'm new/ I can't write that much." With so many people here there will tons to write about. You just have to want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.