Fall of the House of Adir (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay! Here's a question: When did the war start? Like what year? Was the 78 year old king still king? Or is the war between the two older then that? The war actually started at the Water God's wife died, correct?

The war started when the Emperor killed the first king of Udir, 534 years prior. The only two kingdoms/empires involved in the war are the Kingdom of Udir and the Empire of Myst.

Nadim's wife died long before the war began. That's another story entirely.

So are we talking a non-stop blood bath or a sort of Hundred Years War? Ya know with breaks here, ceasefires there, and the occasional short lived peace.

More of the later. Some of the "cold war" thrown in too. It hasn't been a constant war all the time. The Empire always hates Udir but the people of the Empire will only go so far for their God.

Okay, so to make Coralie's story make sense I'm going to come up with her actual age, (since she looks and acts 19-though because her mermaid state she is been alive for much longer), that way her "in debt" story and other aspects of her can make sense. Also, I'm going to reward a couple of things in her history. It's super hard to edit on a phone and now that I'm a computer I should be able to make things make sense. (:

EDIT:
Done editing her profile. Hopefully that makes me sound more literate now.

Last edited by a moderator:
-edits her profile a bit- check it first of you would like, not sure if Udir actually has a library or not but I thought since she's a smart kind of character the King could have given her access to very rare books, there's where her debt comes in... It's what I could think of that made sense. Hopefully it's okay.

Ok, i edited Killian to show how he would be in debt to the King (Kind of).

Alright, I've reflected everyone's changes in my post. I'm giving this one more day to get the last person. Then I'll post the IC.

I know it may be a little late for this but with your permission I'd like to organize the Empire of Myst's military into something of a triple layered force in order to keep my character's military past straight in my head.

Justiciar: The absolute elite troops of the Empire they are feared opponents and answer only to the Emperor and his advisers. Ten years of service and magical talent are required to be promoted to the lofty heights of their ranks. The Justiciars are the highest paid troops of the Empire and because of that many have secured both financial and political influence. Deployed to the rear of any formation they are used as the Emperor's whip to drive their own forces forward.

Janissaries: Troops that survive five years of combat are promoted to the Janissaries regardless of current rank. These are the troops any enemy of the Empire sees first in battle. Hardened and veteran troops the majority of the Empire victories can be traced to their actions. Paid twice what regulars are Janissaries are often well equipped. As a symbol of their status Janissaries are permitted to don custom designed surcoats and use their own weapons and armour though the crest of the Empire must be highly visible.

Regulars: The main bulk of the Empire's army they are a collection of conscripted and volunteer soldiers. Every single citizen of the Empire must spend at least two years in the Regulars. Equipped in cheap but tough gear they are often organized into shock trooper battalions.

Ranks

Recruit: The lowest rank, one every soldier of the Empire starts at.

File Leader: Leads units of recruits numbering between ten to fifteen.

Company Commander: Leads up to five files, also the first officer rank.

Battalion Commander: Leads up to seven companies.

Corp Commander: Leads up to twenty battalions

Overseer: A Justiciar who serves as the go between Corp Commanders and the Emperor.

Though the Empire's military is a meritocracy there is one thing to keep in mind. A Janissary file leader out ranks a Regulars file leader and a Justiciar file leader out ranks a Janissary Corp Commander.Soldiers that are promoted to the Janissaries do so at their current rank. Janissaries promoted to Justiciars however start out at file leader. Lastly recruits that show potential during their training can be fast tracked to an officer's rank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: WesteriaVale
Less work is almost always a good thing. :p

Not to be rude but when is this thing going to start?

I'm working on it. I was going to do it yesterday like I said I was, but instead I slept. So, yeah. I have no regrets. AT ALL.
I'll work on it today, but it's my one day off so I do have other things to do. Like find a job, plant garden, chores. You know, those little pesky things. Though, honestly, if you think this is slow, maybe this isn't the best RP to join. I do have a life other than this.

I didn't mean to imply anthing I just needed to know so I can schedule it in so to speak. Kinda ocd like that ya know.

Is there still space open (or has someone claimed the spot)?

There's still an open spot. Join away. :)
I didn't mean to imply anthing I just needed to know so I can schedule it in so to speak. Kinda ocd like that ya know.
I'm a little testy today. My ex just called me at 7:30 this morning! My one day to sleep in and I can't because he wants to know if we're going to hang out. Rawr. No nevermind he could have called up our friends. (But since they all work night shift they're sleeping too!)

Would a dragon w/ a human form be an option for a character's race? I'll stick to human if not.

Status
Not open for further replies.