Fall of the House of Adir (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, cause his post kept switching from her, she, him, he etc.. Very ambiguous if I say so myself.

Perhaps it may be references to other characters? Or maybe its a attempt to go asexual.

@Alice Falling: Just a friendly check in to make sure you're still interested and will post. :) I don't want to move on from this point until everyone's posted that they're joining our little quest IC.

After my next post, I wont be so firm on waiting for everyone to post. I imagine here soon we're going to start interacting in small groups so posting order wont be such a big deal.

I am rather curious as to what the other characters are going to think of a former soldier of Myst in their ranks....

@WesteriaVale

I was wondering if some sort of backstory between our characters is possible? Both being of the relative same age and once fighting for rival armies.

We could come up with something. Did you have anything in mind, or was it just the idea?

I posted before your soldier Hisoka or Luna probably wouldn't have been too happy about him being Myst...

Oh the animosity. :D
The next few posts are probably going to be full of people freaking out. Lashita's going to just hate you all for it. Unprofessional with a capital T. (If you get that reference you're awesome)

@Arius Angels

Yeah I've got this sudden feeling I'm going to be doing a lot of explaining he is a deserter.

@WesteriaVale

Perhaps a battle in Kyle's past between him and Lashita that ended in a draw. Or maybe a seige that Kyle directed that ended in the town being razed and Lashita only arriving to see the after math.

Well, if we went the direct confrontation route, depending on the exact scenario, it would give you a measure of respect from Lashita. Knowing Lashita, seeing a destroyed city and later hearing who did it wouldn't ping on her radar. I honestly think the first idea would be the best. However if it was a draw in battle, Lashita would want to finish it (Just to confirm) to see who'd win. Not that it'd be a battle to the death or anything. I also think a draw would happen if A) she was needed else where or B) one of the sides was forced to retreat and they had to go or C) Lashita had a mission to finish and abandoned the fight in order to complete it.

@WesteriaVale

I guess the fight ending in a draw it is. As for the options on how I rather like option b. A withdraw sounds like the most viable option and can be done in any number of ways. I suppose since this would take place on a battlefield we can assume certain things. Both Kyle and Lashita would be reporting to a general or what have you. Certainly they'd have soldiers under their command they would have to worry about. So how about one side is about to gain sizable reinforcements while the other side is cut off from their own reinforcements. So the only way to salvage what is left of their command is a retreat.

Sounds good to me. Since the Empire is currently winning the war, would you rather have Lashita be the one retreating?

And I don't know how in depth you wanted to go. perhaps we could just give this battle a name and leave it there? Or would you like to expand on it more?

@WesteriaVale
We can have Lashita being the one retreating for as you say the Empire is winning. And yes I think we'll just give the battle a name and leave it at that. If indepth is needed we'll cross that bridge when/if we cross it.

Name... name... name....
Well, the battle might have two different names. One from the Empire, the other from the Kingdom. Myst might called it The Rout of Ociven while the Kingdom might call it The Battle of Ociven. Or something.

@Tanstin

Yes democracy at work or at least basic communication. Now if only I can come up with a explanation in the IC with just the right amount of bitterness and exposition. And not have it turn too much like an MSG cut scene. I asked for this though, the minute I made Kyle an ex soldier of Myst.

Reactions: WesteriaVale
Status
Not open for further replies.