Fall of the House of Adir (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TRAITOOR. WHAAAERRREEE

Would be ironic if it was the Myst guy

What Kyle has more reason to hate The Empire of Myst then all the other characters put together. Besides I didn't get no pm discussing this. So unless I forgot to check the empty inbox it's not me. And if it is Kyle and I wasn't informed I will be seriously pissed off.

I still think you should have kept this secret. Or at least till the group had developed a certain level of comfort with each other. Then finding a traitor amongst them would have had more impact.

I dunno. We're not supposed to impose what we know on our character anyway. But on that same note, it gives Almira something to look for. Observance needs something to be looking for, otherwise it's not observance!

I don't know about that. Seems to me throwing out this traitor thing this early is artificial plot thicking. I mean the group hasn't even left the gathering area yet. A good spy doesn't strike this early.

Maybe it was to give the player time to throw in some foreshadowing?

That's alarming...

*slids pillow under your head with an ice pack just in case*

@WesteriaVale

To me it doesn't matter when it comes out in the IC. The fact I know it's coming will negate any impact it will have. In fact to me it lessens the rp as a whole knowing this plot twist is coming. A good story in my mind keeps you guessing. It doesnt spoon feed you details like this at all.

I may have to withdraw if this kind of thing happens again

@WesteriaVale

To me it doesn't matter when it comes out in the IC. The fact I know it's coming will negate any impact it will have. In fact to me it lessens the rp as a whole knowing this plot twist is coming. A good story in my mind keeps you guessing. It doesnt spoon feed you details like this at all.

...Okay.

I'm going to bed now. Just... forget this ever happened. I'll think of something else to do.

I'm sorry. I just wanted everyone to have fun.

@WesteriaVale

Darling, can you take a step back and breath? I'm sorry if this isn't going how you want but I believe that Westeria is doing a fantastic job. And you keep dissing and digging and being kind of rude. And honestly, it bothers me to roleplay with someone like you who makes our host sad. How would you feel if one of your roleplayers just started saying these things to you and making you second guess your decisions? I can imagine you would feel really bad. Remember that behind your screen is a real person.

Now. This is the second time I've had to step out of my comfort zone to tell you to back off and breath. So please, try to be kinder because it's hurting other roleplayers and our GM with your negativity and flat out rudeness.

Reactions: Rainjay
@Alice Falling

I fail to see what exactly is upsetting about me expressing my opinion. That is what the OOC is for is it not. I also hardly equate my honesty with rudeness. I said what I was thinking exactly, and I believe that is a virtue and not a fault.

@Hisoka, I think more or less it was the way you worded it. I understand online it can be hard to get a personality across and sometimes nice things are taken offensively. (Trust me, I know). But the way Westeria reacted and the way I read what you said made it sound like you were frustrated and angry. I mean, you were threatening to take yourself out of the RP. That alone makes your comment a little bit more aggressive.

The OOC is for plot discussion, but I feel like you have slandered Westeria and your follow roleplayers on several occasions. Stating your opinion and being honest is not a fault and it is a rather great virtue. How you word what you say, and your intentions behind what you say, is what the fault actually is. If that makes any sense? You can be the most honest person in the world but what you say can still hurt other people. Like Sheldon off of Big Bang Theory or... I don't know. I was just trying to make an example.

I'm not trying to start a fight here, I just am uncomfortable with the way you keep approaching the plot and your fellow story creators.

Alice Falling. It's fine. He had a valid point. I did something he didn't like and he doesn't have to stay around because of it.

However, that being said. You don't have to be mean about your opinions. Whenever you correct me (I can take correction) you're overly rude about. You don't like something I did? Fine. We're all entitled to our opinions. Do you have to pretty much bully me? No. In the future, if there is one, be nicer.

The #1 thing I want is player happiness. So far I'd rate this endeavor as a -10 of happiness on a scale of 1-10 with 10 be the most happy. I'm beginning to think as a group I can't please everyone and that really bothers me. I try to make one person happy and upset another. We might just not be compatible. And this isn't a good thing because I take this very seriously and it effects me in real life. And it's not healthy for me, I know that, but when I fail it hurts and I really don't want to keep being depressed about this. It's a negative load stone. I can't be happy in this thread, I can't make people happy and it just makes me feel worse.
So I'm going to take a few days away from this and see if I can still be your guy's GM. If by that point any of you want to leave, that's fine. But the next time someone threatens to quit because they're not enjoying themselves, that will effectively end everything because I do not want to tie my emotions to something so simple as this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm calling this. Thanks for putting up with me. Hope you find a better GM.

Yeah, seems that RPs like this usually end up falling out because everyone pulls in their own direction. Cant get anywhere, and its just really slow paced. I can see your rationale.

Status
Not open for further replies.