Fairy Tail: The Crystal Owl [OOC and Signups]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bummer, I liked what posts I read from your character. Is it fair to say that Montez is no longer surrounded by Sensory Overload?
Most definatly, its no fair for me to crash out due to personal reasons and take a main badguy to be with me right?

Well I am waiting for Blitz still.

But I will post with Meer

I'm somewhat lost.
If anyone waiting on Eliarte...
I don't think so....

I'm somewhat lost.
If anyone waiting on Eliarte...
I don't think so....

Blitzfang's character. Not Eliarte. Frederick has been absent

• Thank You
Reactions: Ali
@EddiEddi That's sad to hear, but i understand. Hopefully you will get your stuff settled and maybe we can see you later on again!

Name:
Walker Roydon Grey

Nickname:
Ember of Insanity

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Appearance: MARK ON LEFT FOOT
KD%2BNinja%2B1.png

Personality:
Walker's personality isn't the most stereotypical of types. He tends to be really quiet, shrouding himself in mystery to those that do not know him and effortlessly pushing others away, but in truth he is quite talkative and no one wants him to start talking. Walker enjoys expressing thoughts on subjects people present to him, but rambles on for so long that he bores them to death. Aside from this quirk, employers despise him for a different reason, to any employer he finds that seems up to no good he often twists information. Although, before that he completes his task swiftly only to find out something dirty and then mess with his employers. In addition to this, his renown for his ability causes him to be quite mellow as he does not like being known and he often destroys traces of him existing in one place.

History:
Walker was born to a ninja village and as such he learned from a master in a collective group. He was trained at the early age of six and continued through training until he was fifteen, three years ahead of the expected time. At that point he had mastered the Dark Sun style and the one handed Nodachi style. However, still underage he was required to stay in training and further perfect his craft, but instead, upon request, he was taught a higher level of magic; Insanity Star. The magic was indeed more advance because even Walker struggled to understand. Due to the village focusing all of its efforts on teaching the way of the fist, magic was passive and the results of this magic were unbelievable. The Dark Sun ninja were a strong force not to be reckoned with. Someone didn't like that.

The year Walker was to be released from training the village was attacked. The first hit was a beam of black energy that incinerated everything it touched. The next was a raid and before people could process what was going on they were being slain by a group of people. Walker was whisked away by the magic of one of his masters, and despite the valiant effort, Walker's boat was noticed, and he too was taken away by surprise and sent adrift. It would only be thanks to his ability and the help of a kind woman that he survived. She healed him constantly for nights on end until his eyes opened once more. Equipped with nothing she took him shopping and slowly began to learn who he was. Although, she couldn't believe his story about Dark Sun.

As per any typical protagonist he found his rescuer in a sticky predicament. In a human trafficking affair he had to invade a ship and end up rescuing not only the female he knew, but by her request many others in the process. Reluctantly, he did so and managed to find the one orchestrating the event was among them. She escaped unharmed, but Walker gained an instant boost in popularity, it was that day he decided he needed to disappear. He followed a trail of information to the Crystal Owl and joined, bearing the mark on his foot. From what he understood it worked like his village almost, in the sense that you took a job and moved on.

Magic:
Insanity Star: The first star point of this ancient magic improves one's affinity for everything. It improves the damage they take and deal, the success of revival, healing affects received, etc. It essentially makes them equal to a walking corpse in the sense that they can be healed from devastating blows. They do not heal themselves. Medicine is able to work on his dead body as well. Attacks hurt him more as already discussed, but his attacks deal just as much damage, so it's a double edged blade.

The second star point makes one's sense untrackable. They become the ultimate ninja reducing the noise and scent they give off to none.

The third star point binds to their weapon allowing them to summon it to themselves.

The fourth star point grants the user night vision.

The fifth star point is why it how it gained its name. As Walker attacks he can create a simple star on his opponent with his weapon. If he successfully does so they will be hit with a sharp pain in their head as they begin to hallucinate several images of Walker. It's truly a nightmare, since if you lose sight of Walker, you won't find him again.

Other:
If your magic is black in appearance he probably doesn't feel too easy around you.

Sorry guys I was having a terribly busy week so I apologize for holding up others. I shall be forcing myself to post today to get my side of things flowing again.

@Ali
Actually planned for my character to be the erza like person just letting you know so he might clash with your character when you make them

I was away for a bit so this is @everyone who is in the guild hall right now

I think I'll start posting separately for my characters. Otherwise I'd end up waiting to write them at the same time

I'll post something up. I just woke up so like give me some time or I miss information, lol and make no damn sense

Name: Alice Cross
Nickname:The Unyielding
Sexuality: unknown

Appearance:Emblem located on lower back
full

stands at 4'5''
her eyes glow the following colors under the following conditions
Blue when she reaches 5% mana capacity
yellow when she reaches 50% mana capacity
Orange when she reaches 75% mana capacity
red when she goes berserk

Personality:
Alice is a little girl with a big heart and a bigger temper. She loves to be praised and thanked by other people but she hates hard work. She prefers to take the easy way out and have as much fun as possible. She also hates pain or being uncomfortable despite the fact that getting hit is her main way of gaining magic. While she is not very passionate for many things, once she she sets her mind on something it is very hard to stop her.

Her temper is one of her greatest flaws. Not only does it make her hard to deal with, it is a premature trigger to her berserk mode. It also does not help that there are a lot of things that will piss her off: getting hit multiple times in short succession, being picked on, being confused, losing, being ignored, stupidity, just to name a few. As she has grown older, she realized that she should not be throwing tantrums like a baby. So she recently has been making attempts to control her anger.

History:
She was taken away from her family when she was a baby because of her ability to absorb magic by a unknown dark mage guild. They saw potential in creating the ultimate weapon and put her through torturous experiment after experiment. Eventually they had her battle with other kids who they experimented to test her abilities. This was the worst mistake of their life. The entire time, the girl never revealed the true potential of abilities because of the pain. So when they thought the had her uncontrolled, she absorbed enough magic to go berserk and broke out.

Shortly after she was taken in by an orphanage when a caretaker founder her fainted in the woods. Their she failed to get along with most of the kids and was constantly getting into fights and trouble. It was not until she saw a guild member stop a bad guy that she started focusing her energies into fighting. After deeming herself strong enough to join a guild she ran up to the first guild HQ she could find. They laughed at her thinking she was weak. When she called them weak and challenged them to a match, one of the woman excepted. The woman battered the girl around making the fight completely one way. The woman eventually stopped taking the girl seriously and ended up getting hit with a powerful blow. Unprepared by the attack, she fainted after the blow. Still the guild refused to let her join, refusing to accept her as a mage.

Now she continues searching for a guild who will accept her and her abilities.

Magic:
Mana Battery: Alice lacks the ability to produce magic in her body. However she can passively absorb magic from her surroundings. The more magic enrich her surroundings, the more magic she absorbs. Any magic she absorbs is broken down into pure mana which cannot be reabsorbed by Alice

Mana Resilience: Alice body will absorbing some of the magic energy from attacks that hit her. Because of this, her body is naturally more resilient to magic attacks. This resilience does not carry over to physical damage caused from physical non magical items. (So if your magic involved throwing rocks she will not take reduce damage from the rocks, but if your magic created rocks then she would take reduce damage. If your magic was a fire punch, she would take reduce damage from the fire but the full damage from the punch itself.)

Barrier: Alice can release her stored mana to create a barrier. The barrier will negate any magic energy that tries to go threw it by the amount of mana used to create it. If the magic source is stronger then the barrier, then it will break the barrier but it's damage will be weakened.

Discharge: Alice can discharge her stored mana into a explosion that affects everything around her. The radius and power is base on how much magic is released and it also slightly damaged Alice. (more magic, more damage)

Bolt: Alice can fire her mana as either a beam of magic or balls. The size of this attack is proportional to the mana used.

Infused: Alice can transfer, through physical contact, her mana into an ally and replenish their mana supply. It also gives them a temporary boost in energy (like an energy drink)

Overcharge: While Alice has the potential to absorb an endless about of magic, it becomes physically painful to hold high amounts of it. Should she reach 50% of her mental limit. magic stored inside of her becomes uncomfortable and it becomes harder to limit how much mana she puts into each ability. At 75% It starts to become painful to store mana in her body. At 90% Her body feels like like it is on fire. At 100%, she goes berserk.

Berserk
After taking high amounts of damage, reaching her mental cap, or just getting pissed off in battle; Alice goes into a berserk status. While Berserk, her mind slowly deteriorates as she falls more and more into anger. Along with the lost in reasoning, she slowly loses the ability to limit her magic use. Her body also becomes even more resilient to magic attacks while making it harder for her to absorb magic. If she goes into berserk status because she reached her mental cap, the only way she can turn to normal is to either knock her out, have her drop below 25% for a few minutes, or have her hit 0%. Also while in berserk status, her physical traits become tripled (running, strength, reflexes, ect)

Other:
Alice wears a ring on both of her wrist:

-The ring on her left arm spawns a tower shield which drains her mana but has a greater Magic to mana efficiency when blocking and absorbing magic attacks.

-The ring on her right arm can spawn a mana gauntlet, a mana sword, or a mana spear. The bigger and more durable the object the more mana it requires to stay active. Objects spawn by this ring have the ability to steal magic from anything it strikes. The magic stolen is then used to fuel its use instead of Alice's mana until it runs out. She the magic stole have an element the weapon temporarily gains the properties of that element without becoming that element. (fire makes the weapon hot, ice makes the weapon cold, earth makes the weapon more durable, ect)
New weapons forms can be learned and build with practice.

Last edited:
Alice sounds a bit rigged, but I guess my character isn't that different. My only problem is the tower shield that can further absorb magic, because aren't tower shields roughly 5 feet tall and about 15 or 20 pounds? Also, now that I think about it, is having that many different kinds of magical attributes even fair? Oh well, it's up to @Rauzi whether you can join or not, I'm just glad that so many people are showing interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.