Fairy Tail: The Crystal Owl [OOC and Signups]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Welcome! You have been invited by kiro to join our community. Please click here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Clyde aye, usually you get at least one post from most of the players per day in small RP's like this. I've been wondering why i don't have more than 1 or two alerts on Iwaku when i wake up :P

@Clyde aye, usually you get at least one post from most of the players per day in small RP's like this. I've been wondering why i don't have more than 1 or two alerts on Iwaku when i wake up :P

IKNWR!

LOl

I'm sure it will pick up next week. I just finished taking my psychology final, so that's done and over with which is fantastic.
I'll be world-building in a little bit here, getting some new jobs for this RP - designing some Faustian contracts for another, heh... it never ends.

Reactions: Akashi
I'm sure it will pick up next week. I just finished taking my psychology final, so that's done and over with which is fantastic.
I'll be world-building in a little bit here, getting some new jobs for this RP - designing some Faustian contracts for another, heh... it never ends.

I'm going to write an NPC as Devo's and the other one's Pop Idol manager. lol

Name: David of the Dark
Nickname: Dark
Sexuality: Asexuality

Appearance: Cloak is black, and the inside is red. Hair is black, eyes are amber.
images

Emblem located on mouth cover (clothing), and on his chest. White on mouth cover, black on chest.
Personality: Secretive, held back, observant. David is the quickest member of the Crystal Owl guild to pick up on fighting styles and personal behavior. However, he almost never speaks, and it is only to the guild master Phyllis. Extremely mysterious and revered because of it.

History: David was born to a guild member who had retired to give birth. She was part of a merchant guild, and she dabbled in artifacts that enhanced magical abilities. David was a happy child and was often seen conversing and playing, like most children do. His life was simple and happy, despite the fact that once he was 7, his mother rejoined the guild and had him travel with her. His first signs of withdrawal showed when they arrived in Magnolia. The children there were suspicious of him, and rude because of it. Another three years swept past like this, but then a dark guild came by and raided them. David was furious, and wanted to slaughter them all, but David was far more cunning than he should have been for his age. He convinced them that he did not care for the woman and that she was his 'filthy fake mother' and that he had been waiting for something like this. They saw him as a child with potential, and one of the dark members took him under his wing. David was trained in different magics as they tried to discover his power. They tried many different things, but they only discovered his talent after he... discarded, one of the other more experienced members for talking badly about him. So it goes that he honed his magic, and after 3 years and 2, he turned on the guild in their weakest moment. When the counsel asked why he, a 12 and a half year old child, would do something so foolish as to challenge an entire dark guild singlehandedly, and a powerful one to boot! The answer was as simple as revenge for David, but he explained everything to the counsel in great detail, even including his thoughts into the tale. After his account of events, some of them stared with accusing glares, some with interest, and most others with unbelieving looks. They believed him to be a child that could be a danger to those in higher power, but they could do naught but offer him a reward for destroying a dark guild. David politely refused, saying "Revenge is the only reward that I require, a reward which I have already gleaned. I only wish that you do not fear me, for I could be of great use to any who might want my assistance... Actually, while I have grown to love dark clothing, I have equally grown to despise this guild uniform, do you have a spare change of clothes that I might have? If not, may I take a small fraction of the reward to buy myself some new apparel?" His vocabulary still stunned tham for one of his age, but they could not grant his request, instead giving him the fraction of the reward for which he asked. He set out to a town, and bought the clothes he wears now, though he does get them tailored when he grows or they rip (except for the cloak, which gives it a sinister, powerful look, but not in a threatening way, only for fashio choices).

David then picked up his mother's business, getting an insignia of the White Trout trading guild (Now disbanded, since he was the last member). He did business there for a nigh 25 years before he left the guild, having them remove their mark from his arm. He searched for a new guild until he found Crystal Owl in it's earliest possibly stage, not even a day old. David signed up guickly, took a job, and left. David returned in three days with no reward, and Phyllis was the only one to ever hear his voice as he spoke of the events that occured. After, David went and took another job from the board without a word, and left without waiting for a reply. David has been gone ever since, but Phyllis still hears a few words of his progress, and that he has been tackling some of the bigger dark guilds out there. "For the sake of the Crystal Owl" people claimed for him to say. Which was of course false because he no longer even spoke to the counsel, only gave gestures, writings, and sign language.

Magic: Primal Instinct: This is a lost art of magic, and it is used to make the instincts of the people it affects, primal! Their only need is fight or flight, along with other basic instincts lek eat, sleep, mate, etc. This also makes them unable to use their magic, as they completely forget how. This was a learned magic, but his second magic is what he mostly uses to obliterate his foes.

Energy Summons/ Energy Make: David uses any type of energy (Magic, physical, potential, kinetic, gravitational, etc.) to create objects of mainly war. For example, he can draw off of an enemy's magical energy to create, say, a sword; or two, or five, or... oh shit, now I'm surrounded. Or if they don't cast a spell and prefer getting physical, he uses energy from, say, the force of his punch flying through the air. If he has no immediately available sources of energy in mind at the time, he can simply draw upon his own personal energy, from the likes of sleeping and such. While his energy weapons are no harder than water droplets and can be easily deflected by harder weapons, appendages, or armor. In the case of any of these, David can grab one or two swords form the air and using more energy required than to just make multiple energy swords, and make them solid weapons that he can use like he would a real blade without them breaking. However, this is often not the case, as it's much easier to block a single weapon than tens if not hundreds of blades are coming at you from all sides.

Other: David is good at multitasking, and if many energy swords don't work, or one single solid sword doesn't work, than he can do both with more effort. However, this doesn't just apply to battle, he can also multitask on things such as doing paperwork while walking, or eating while trying to focus on something. Also, David must eat food soon after using magic if he draws it from his own body, as the effort leaves him in a miserable state most times.

Last edited:
Indeed. I hope this is not a problem? I really didn't mean any offense... :/
Well, no. I mean, I just figured you should wait for the GM's approval before posting

He said I could join on the official sign-up page though... Isn't that enough?

He said I could join on the official sign-up page though... Isn't that enough?
Well it's also a matter of making sure that your character isn't going to make you much trouble. While in a roleplay like this there aren't usually too much restraints(not that there are none) But in very developed and heavily story driven role-plays, it is important to make sure a character is fit for the world created.

That said, there are Jump In role plays which usually involve just making a character and starting. But the usual system involves waiting for GM approval of the character so there isn't any unnecessary confusion

Well it's also a matter of making sure that your character isn't going to make you much trouble. While in a roleplay like this there aren't usually too much restraints(not that there are none) But in very developed and heavily story driven role-plays, it is important to make sure a character is fit for the world created.

That said, there are Jump In role plays which usually involve just making a character and starting. But the usual system involves waiting for GM approval of the character so there isn't any unnecessary confusion
Ah, I see. I must have been confused then.

Eka bidja wiol onr elthrimórno. Eka sja wiol mor'ranr. (I cry for your pardon. I look for peace.)

Don't Worry! Starting RPing is not fun is you feel like you're being attacked. We don't want to make you feel that way,

Don't Worry! Starting RPing is not fun is you feel like you're being attacked. We don't want to make you feel that way,
Well, you see, I though this was a jump in. I have actually been Roleplaying for a neigh 3 years.

Yeah I realised that after I sent that last message. Sorry! Heh

It's fine vinr (friend).

Shall I just wait for @Rauzi then?

Very well, I shall wait, though my lack of patience proves to be my greatest flaw. Indeed, I am my own worst enemy in this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.