• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dakota just calls rather than texting back. "Yeah, I'm not one to be wordy with texts. I'll come to you. Rather say this in person. Give me the exact address and I'll drop it into my GPS."

@Gands
It wasn't long before she arrived. "So... I know where our three Mysterios are... or are supposed to be. And none of it is making sense. One of the non-mentalists has only one trick he's doing - pushing up daisies in a cemetery in West Virgina. The other, Arkham Asylum. The mentalist? My best info says that due to a JLA intervention, he is supposed to be cooling his heels in one of the supermax prisons for metas - the Cage, the Raft, or the Big House. Arkham won't ever return my calls, and since ARGUS took over running the supermax meta prisons from SHIELD, we need some sort of inside information from either ARGUS or Arkham to find out if either of them escaped. If not... we've got Mysterio number four... Like we need yet another."

@Gands

Well, we might catch a break regarding Arkham. a miss Harleen Quinzell, Harley Quin, former denizen of Arkham lives nearby and I think she can help us with this case, now in multiple ways. My normal Shield contact is swamped in LA right now. I will try leaving a message with Coulson. He may not run the prisons any more, but he'll have access to prisoner status.

What did you find out from your client ?

<< I send a text message to Coulson to call me >>

@Michale CS @Schnee Corp Lawyer

Putting up the sais in the weapon rack nearby, Raph headed for his own room to be alone, not speaking a single word. All he can think about in that moment was.

What have I done...
Time can pass quickly when you have no distractions from your own mind.

Raphael heard the thumping of his Sensei's staff as he passed by his room and went out into the living room area.

Once he had left his room, Splinter stood in front of the weapons rack. "If your spirit wills it, you will be able to reclaim your weapons. If you have not the will to move fast enough, they will not be yours this day. We will repeat this process until you reclaim your weapons. Do you wish to try this morning, my son, or is your heart still too heavy for your hands to move fast enough?"

@Nomad-22

Well, we might catch a break regarding Arkham. a miss Harleen Quinzell, Harley Quin, former denizen of Arkham lives nearby and I think she can help us with this case, now in multiple ways. My normal Shield contact is swamped in LA right now. I will try leaving a message with Coulson. He may not run the prisons any more, but he'll have access to prisoner status.

What did you find out from your client ?
"That she's spooked. She's been getting phone calls from blocked numbers. No one on the other end, and at different times of the day. She thinks it's just to put her off guard, but I know better. They're calling to see at what times of the day she's picking up her phone, and when she's not. Once they've got a pattern, they'll know when she's home. So, either they still want her, or they want something she has. I'm thinking... she's not telling me everything and she might have gotten more than just a look at an attacker that night." Dakota shook her head not liking how this was stacking up in the least. She ordered coffee and a muffin and leaned back in her seat.

"She seemed too nervous when I told her that I was calling in someone with SHIELD contacts. I dropped that bit of info just to see how she reacted. But, she hasn't pulled me from the case yet, and even upped my retainer for another week. I'm thinking she thought I could quickly snag whomever she saw and wouldn't need to worry about him anymore. I'm... even starting to doubt the vampire thing was the motive. There could have just as easily been something in the syringes as opposed to wanting to draw blood out. It was too small of an amount of blood to go to that much trouble for. What do you think?"

@Gands

Didn't you say you thought she was special in some way ? You don't wear an enchanted item for no reason at all.

Maybe they are after her blood for a specific reason. A reason none of us will like. I think someone is going to have to stay with her. That's what I think.

Worse than that... I think best case is me, next best is Harley if she's willing. Unless you can tell me you aren't likely to fall for whatever mojo he is using.

Worse than that... I think best case is me, next best is Harley if she's willing. Unless you can tell me you aren't likely to fall for whatever mojo he is using.
"I'm just a very lucky human with no powers whatsoever. You're our best bet in staying with her. She's wanted anonymity... I have to call her and see if I can disclose the information - I'm pretty sure she's going to say yes to meta protection, but I've gotta dot my I's and cross my T's since she's got me on retainer."

@Gands @Schnee Corp Lawyer

Yeah, you will want your paperwork all up to date right ?

In case things go wrong, I have a thumb drive... with all my information. I would prefer you didn't look if you don't have to.

I'm not exactly a big deal right, but still, my information is important to me. I trust you will be professional about it.

This is a big step for me. But a small part of my mind believes this is important to establish myself in the city.

Harley's gaze remained steely as Magic summoned her sword and strode up to her. She looked Magik dead in the eye as she raised the sword, as if she was daring her to follow through.

When she actually swung the sword though Harley totally screamed like a little girl because jeez :T

She let out a relieved breath when the chains were cut as she rubbed her arm where the binding had been particularly tight. She listened as Magik talked, and once she was done she huffed and rubbed the back of her neck before she popped a squat next to Magik on the roof.

"...Hell ain't the only place there's demons. An' I can say definitively that the ones that are here on earth can be way worse than the ones that are. s'why I don't like hearin that name." She decided to answer, before she started to rummage through her bag. A few seconds later she produced a business card, and handed it over to Magik

Harley Quinn, Mostly Legal Thing Doer

609-867-5309

"I... Well I ain't doubtin yer magicy know how or anythin', but maybe theres somethin you missed. Maybe this mutie's power is that they're really good at hidin'! Me an' my people will take a look around the city, a'ight? Consider it services rendered fer the cost a' thirty buckaroos."

There was a beat before she added.

"This is under the assumption yer actually workin with the x-men, since I remember them bein' the good guys for the muties. If you're not and I find this poor kid, I ain't gonna come after you myself since we just saw how that would go, but I will call a friend or two I got who wouldn't be punchin above their pay grade."

She hopped back up to her feet stretched her arms out before she continued as she walked towards the portal. "Oh, and the other card, that ones fer services pro bono. If you need someone to talk to is all. I got experience with... stuff along those lines." and indeed there was another card underneath the first

Harleen Quinzel, psychiatric M.D.

609-867-5309
TVRcbai.jpg

"Are you asking me to hang out? No one ever asks me to hang out anymore. I have cool stuff in my room nobody ever sees. There are these drapes I made using the skin of a great demon war priest from Limbo who attempted to usurp me. And I collect pop music from the early 2000s."

To be completely honest, the sheer volume of words spoken by Harley meant that much of what she was saying went willfully over Illyana's head, but she did get the gist. As well as the business cards. The sorceress seemed oddly receptive to the idea of taking her number, if nothing else; Why that was could probably be discerned using a little deductive reasoning as she produced the phone she used for personal use outside of X-Men communications, opened up a contacts list that was depressingly empty save for two names (one of whom was labeled "Brother") and began entering the digits on the card.

She didn't acknowledge Harley's departure as the psychologist (???) slipped away, already slipping into a state bordering tranquil meditation to center herself. The gesture of offering to look for the mutant was kind, but ultimately, she felt, futile. Earnestness and elbow grease would not succeed in finding anything her magic hadn't. To think such was naivety-
Apparently there were no hard feelings over the brief rooftop rendevous/kidnapping-

Or at least there weren't any after the air horn that had been rigged to not shut off got tossed back through the portal behind Harley to try and spook the other girl. But hey, she didn't push her : |
"Aah!" she cried, practically somersaulting forward off the rooftop edge and into a graceful levitation as she whirled around with her hands outstretched and already in the process of shaping complex summoning configurations, a breath away from channeling the light of the Vishanti to snuff the weapon she had been assailed with. Until she saw it for what it was, a simple tacky bauble, at which point she descended to the rooftop with a newfound stillness to her features that carried a dark air, lowering her gaze so her hair cast shadow across her face.

No. No, forget the Vishanti. Better plan.

Her eyes opened wide, awash with the crimson of the most deepest, vilest hell magics available to her. The air horn lifted into the air and began to shudder and glow, still blasting its infernal sound.

"Malignant prop, I give you life through an ancient death. Wash in the flame of the Brazier of Balthakk and be reborn. Be invoked in the spirit of His most hated enemy, christened by blood. MALEZAK BAHRATA AZ'ULHU! MALEFICARNUS!"

---

From Harley's side of the transport disc, moments passed. The winds died. A million demons cried out in terror.

Then, through the heart of the portal just as it closed, he appeared.

HsADGfG.jpg

He looked at her. Into her heart. Into her very soul.

Then he opened his mouth.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

---

Illyana closed the portal with a dark smirk of satisfaction, her vengeful heart satisfied. Really, why anyone would ever so much as entertain the notion of playing a trick on a sorceress of her caliber and expect it to end well for them was utterly beyond her. Though, regrettably, there was no time to dwell on it.

She was getting a message.
The phone call went to Emma Frost. After that call, and a few other steps, There would be a communication sent to one lIlyana Nikolievna Rasputina, asking her to come to the Whitmore Hotel in Queens, stating that her mutant may well have been found.
The time that passed was negligible, if even that. It was mere minutes after Stargirl began making calls that the Whitmore Hotel was playing host to yet another visitor, as in the lobby a swirling cascade of blue energies took shape into a disc descending down towards the floor. Through it came the blond Russian, who stood impassively as if this method of travel was second nature to her. Echoes, fragments of lost souls in the shapes of ethereal wings, skulls and dragons, wisped away from the transportation site and dissipated harmlessly back into the astral realm, the disc following suit shortly afterward.

Illyana herself cast a not-really-interested glance around the room's interior and decor before focusing on finding someone she felt might actually be able to help her, looking around more pointedly for anyone who might meet that description.

"Hi."

@Michale CS @Angelic Fusion

• Love
Reactions: Mook-LandStrider
Time can pass quickly when you have no distractions from your own mind.

Raphael heard the thumping of his Sensei's staff as he passed by his room and went out into the living room area.

Once he had left his room, Splinter stood in front of the weapons rack. "If your spirit wills it, you will be able to reclaim your weapons. If you have not the will to move fast enough, they will not be yours this day. We will repeat this process until you reclaim your weapons. Do you wish to try this morning, my son, or is your heart still too heavy for your hands to move fast enough?"

@Nomad-22

Raphael had spent all night, by himself in the room, in solemn mediation, wrestling with the mountain of guilt that have become his new companion. While Raph can be classified as the angry dark one of his brothers, beneath it all however he still had a heart that cares. He had went to attack the Purple Dragons in the first place to avenge an friend rendered crippled in the first place. It didn't excuse him of what happen, not by a long shot.

Raph considered what can be done. Anger was a part of him, he couldn't just deny it and bottle it in. That would only make the problem far worse than before. Yet deep down the ninja turtle also knew such rage can be channeled, if he just learned to do so.

Then came morning and Raph heard the thumping of the Master's cane, he came out. The ninja turtle looked at Splinter as he spoke to him and then toward the weapons rack. His eyes displayed determination and his hands tighten into fists, then without hesitation he moved toward the rack and picked up the his dual weapons.

His family and friends needed him. They still have enemies out there and New York was his home. Raphael won't let others fight his own battles if he can help it, for he is a warrior. No mistake can change that, he could only hope to learn from it.

Spinning the blades before placing them in his belt, Raphael looked back toward his father.

"I'm ready Master Splinter."

Last edited:
TVRcbai.jpg

"Are you asking me to hang out? No one ever asks me to hang out anymore. I have cool stuff in my room nobody ever sees. There are these drapes I made using the skin of a great demon war priest from Limbo who attempted to usurp me. And I collect pop music from the early 2000s."

To be completely honest, the sheer volume of words spoken by Harley meant that much of what she was saying went willfully over Illyana's head, but she did get the gist. As well as the business cards. The sorceress seemed oddly receptive to the idea of taking her number, if nothing else; Why that was could probably be discerned using a little deductive reasoning as she produced the phone she used for personal use outside of X-Men communications, opened up a contacts list that was depressingly empty save for two names (one of whom was labeled "Brother") and began entering the digits on the card.
"...Yes." she said after a beat. That hadn't been what she was saying at all, but if the demon sorcerer lady who was somehow also a mutant wanted to hang out it wasn't like Harley was gonna say no, kidnapping or not. "That is exactly what I'm sayin, you'cn use that number if you ever wanna rock out to fergalicious or do hellborne fung shoe. Oh, an' I got a poker night I do with some friends every month if you interested! See ya later then Tooskie!" she said before she hopped out.

Still did the airhorn thing though. Which meant...​
From Harley's side of the transport disc, moments passed. The winds died. A million demons cried out in terror.

Then, through the heart of the portal just as it closed, he appeared.

HsADGfG.jpg

He looked at her. Into her heart. Into her very soul.

Then he opened his mouth.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
elC1jHZ.png

"..."

"..Holy combination joke&petshop are you just the CUTEST THIIIIING AAWWWWWWWW!"

she scooped it up airhorn noise and all and gave it the warmest snuggle as she coo'd (loudly so it was some bizarre scream that could be heard over the noise)

"I'MMA CALL YOU FOGGY AND YOU'RE GONNA LOVE IT AT CONEY AND-"

That continued all the way back home.​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Michale CS
Illyana herself cast a not-really-interested glance around the room's interior and decor before focusing on finding someone she felt might actually be able to help her, looking around more pointedly for anyone who might meet that description.

"Hi."
Stargirl rushed in from the kitchen, staff in hand. "Oh, it's you. That was fast." She set her staff aside now that she'd determined what was arriving wasn't a threat. "Thanks for showing up so quickly Miss Rasputina. I have a new girl here, she summons little beasties that seem to be extensions of her feelings, so I advise not upsetting her much - well, at least while you're here at the Whitmore, my insurance is protesting under the strain of running a home for homeless with abilities as it is? Her name is Azalia, and she's around here somewhere... there's one of her rabbits now." Courtney explained as one of the rabbits poked its head around the corner.

@OrlandoBloomers @Angelic Fusion

• Thank You
Reactions: Mook-LandStrider
His family and friends needed him. They still have enemies out there and New York was his home. Raphael won't let others fight his own battles if he can help it, for he is a warrior. No mistake can change that, he could only hope to learn from it.

Spinning the blades before placing them in his belt, Raphael looked back toward his father.

"I'm ready Master Splinter."
"Are you?" Then, lightning quick, Splinter's staff struck out, catching and undoing Raphael's belt, the sais clattering to the floor. "Retrieve them again."

After perhaps a dozen tries of Splinter repeatedly disarming Raphael, the master finally seemed satisfied. "Do you want to know how I knew so much about the boy? I went to his funeral."

Thump. Thump. Thump. Went Splinter's staff as he headed back to his own room.

@Nomad-22

Yeah, you will want your paperwork all up to date right ?

In case things go wrong, I have a thumb drive... with all my information. I would prefer you didn't look if you don't have to.

I'm not exactly a big deal right, but still, my information is important to me. I trust you will be professional about it.

This is a big step for me. But a small part of my mind believes this is important to establish myself in the city.
"I'll hold onto it. Would you believe a section of a safe I own has a whole section devoted to secrets that must never be known, or in the event of my death, items? You don't do the kind of work I do for the kinds of people I do them for without acquiring a few secrets like this. I don't know what you're finding so important to give me, and really? I don't want to know." She pocketed the flash drive and shrugged.

"I'll go banging at what leads I have, just get in touch with - I don't believe I am saying this - you get in touch with Dr. Quinzelle and get her up to speed, will you? I have a feeling that we'll actually need her help."

@Gands @Schnee Corp Lawyer

Getting a glimpse of something her rabbits saw Azalia stood up from talking to the boy. "I hope to talk to you some more. Thank you for.. dealing with my rabbits." Azalia said with a smile. Walking across the house she saw all the rabbits besides Azazel gathered around a corner. Seeing her approaching the rabbit in the back shoved the rest making a rabbit waterfall cascade down into the lobby. Nearly a dozen rabbits spilled out causing a rucuss and making a decent bit of noise. Their babbleing rose up as the began to smack each other before refocusing on the person new to the room. All their heads turned unnaturally on their bodies and everything fell silent.

Azalia feeling the presence looking at all the rabbits as an eerie silence for the first time since she arrived fell over the home. "Well, thats.." Was all she could saw before all the rabbits blinked to surround Magik. In a large circle they all stared up a here before clapping their hands together and beginning a long conga line around her. The dancing and clapping continued as the chaotic beings showed something Azalia had not seen before. "Yeah, thats new." Azalia commented as the Alpha rabbit walked up beside its master. The larger Rabbit stopped and stared at the others making them stop dead in their tracks. Scattering like roaches being discovered the rabbits seemed to squeeze into even the smallest cracks. But, sadly one rabbit remained and began to poke the new arrival. "Kah! Kar Bal Mag Kan!" It called out before Azazel appeared next to it and swallowed it whole. The mouth of the Alpha opening to a massive size before it engulfed the entire rabbit. "Apologies.. Erm... Azazel will keep them in line I promise." Azalia said blushing.

@Michale CS @OrlandoBloomers

Stargirl rushed in from the kitchen, staff in hand. "Oh, it's you. That was fast." She set her staff aside now that she'd determined what was arriving wasn't a threat. "Thanks for showing up so quickly Miss Rasputina. I have a new girl here, she summons little beasties that seem to be extensions of her feelings, so I advise not upsetting her much - well, at least while you're here at the Whitmore, my insurance is protesting under the strain of running a home for homeless with abilities as it is? Her name is Azalia, and she's around here somewhere... there's one of her rabbits now." Courtney explained as one of the rabbits poked its head around the corner.

@OrlandoBloomers @Angelic Fusion

"That won't be a problem, Stargirl. I'm not known for upsetting people." She blatantly lied, though not before giving Courtney a respectful nod in greeting. Illyana had never been here before, but Emma's message explained the purpose of this place in no uncertain terms. It gave children with no families the chance to have a home, to belong somewhere. It wasn't so different from the X-Men in that respect.

The rabbit's appearance drew a far more scrutinizing gaze from Magik, her brows tightening slightly as she cocked her head while continuing.

"Is she a mutant?"
Getting a glimpse of something her rabbits saw Azalia stood up from talking to the boy. "I hope to talk to you some more. Thank you for.. dealing with my rabbits." Azalia said with a smile. Walking across the house she saw all the rabbits besides Azazel gathered around a corner. Seeing her approaching the rabbit in the back shoved the rest making a rabbit waterfall cascade down into the lobby. Nearly a dozen rabbits spilled out causing a rucuss and making a decent bit of noise. Their babbleing rose up as the began to smack each other before refocusing on the person new to the room. All their heads turned unnaturally on their bodies and everything fell silent.

Azalia feeling the presence looking at all the rabbits as an eerie silence for the first time since she arrived fell over the home. "Well, thats.." Was all she could saw before all the rabbits blinked to surround Magik. In a large circle they all stared up a here before clapping their hands together and beginning a long conga line around her. The dancing and clapping continued as the chaotic beings showed something Azalia had not seen before. "Yeah, thats new." Azalia commented as the Alpha rabbit walked up beside its master. The larger Rabbit stopped and stared at the others making them stop dead in their tracks. Scattering like roaches being discovered the rabbits seemed to squeeze into even the smallest cracks. But, sadly one rabbit remained and began to poke the new arrival. "Kah! Kar Bal Mag Kan!" It called out before Azazel appeared next to it and swallowed it whole. The mouth of the Alpha opening to a massive size before it engulfed the entire rabbit. "Apologies.. Erm... Azazel will keep them in line I promise." Azalia said blushing.

fyb66Cl.png

Well. That didn't answer her question.

"More jesters. Fabulous."

She tolerated the diminutive creatures' antics to a point, though when one came near her with the intention of touching her she erected a faintly-glowing barrier around herself to dissuade any such notions. Following this, she simply gave Azalia herself a long, piercing look, her blue eyes seeming to sweep past the realm of the physical and into her very soul while her expression hardened. Suddenly, she reached out a hand in the alpha rabbit's direction, a mystically-binding runed pentagram appearing below it to prevent its escape as Illyana's eyes started to glow. Unless she was stopped somehow Azazel would be levitated into the air and suspended there like an actual rabbit that had been hunted and skinned, the runes moving with it and beginning to encircle it alongside several other similar rings as Illyana started dissecting the creature. Not literally, of course, but on a magical level, seeking to isolate and examine the forces that shaped this entity and determine precisely how they were being tapped into. For all she knew it'd be something she didn't even slightly understand, but a look was always informative.

""Azazel" is not a jester's name. It is an ancient name of power among demons."

Magik smiled, her once-blue eyes engulfed in greenish light.

"What kind of demon are you, little rabbit?"

It didn't occur to her that as first impressions went, this was hardly reassuring. A curiosity for arcane knowledge was overwhelming her sense of propriety in this instance.

"Are you?" Then, lightning quick, Splinter's staff struck out, catching and undoing Raphael's belt, the sais clattering to the floor. "Retrieve them again."

After perhaps a dozen tries of Splinter repeatedly disarming Raphael, the master finally seemed satisfied. "Do you want to know how I knew so much about the boy? I went to his funeral."

Thump. Thump. Thump. Went Splinter's staff as he headed back to his own room.

@Nomad-22

Once again Splinter proven why he is the sensei in both deed and word. Raph silently kept picking his belt and weapons up each time his Master disarmed him until he finally stopped. When Master Splinter revealed how he found out about the young man, it struck like a punch to Raphael. Nonetheless he took the final rebuke without complaint and watched the elderly rat leave the living room.

Raph sighed heavily before saying to himself.

"I better get ready."

"That won't be a problem, Stargirl. I'm not known for upsetting people." She blatantly lied, though not before giving Courtney a respectful nod in greeting. Illyana had never been here before, but Emma's message explained the purpose of this place in no uncertain terms. It gave children with no families the chance to have a home, to belong somewhere. It wasn't so different from the X-Men in that respect.

The rabbit's appearance drew a far more scrutinizing gaze from Magik, her brows tightening slightly as she cocked her head while continuing.

"Is she a mutant?"

fyb66Cl.png

Well. That didn't answer her question.

"More jesters. Fabulous."

She tolerated the diminutive creatures' antics to a point, though when one came near her with the intention of touching her she erected a faintly-glowing barrier around herself to dissuade any such notions. Following this, she simply gave Azalia herself a long, piercing look, her blue eyes seeming to sweep past the realm of the physical and into her very soul while her expression hardened. Suddenly, she reached out a hand in the alpha rabbit's direction, a mystically-binding runed pentagram appearing below it to prevent its escape as Illyana's eyes started to glow. Unless she was stopped somehow Azazel would be levitated into the air and suspended there like an actual rabbit that had been hunted and skinned, the runes moving with it and beginning to encircle it alongside several other similar rings as Illyana started dissecting the creature. Not literally, of course, but on a magical level, seeking to isolate and examine the forces that shaped this entity and determine precisely how they were being tapped into. For all she knew it'd be something she didn't even slightly understand, but a look was always informative.

""Azazel" is not a jester's name. It is an ancient name of power among demons."

Magik smiled, her once-blue eyes engulfed in greenish light.

It didn't occur to her that as first impressions went, this was hardly reassuring. A curiosity for arcane knowledge was overwhelming her sense of propriety in this instance​
Seeing her Alpha rabbit being lifted up into the air Azalia narrowed her eyes slightly. Grumbling she felt the energy coming off whatever she was doing. While she couldn't see it that well she could tell where it was. Putting her hands behind her back she simply just stared at what the girl was doing. While she didn't understand the magic the woman was using she did know how to rip things apart and put them back together with her mind. Reaching out she closed her eyes as her mind gripped the magical essence. Pulling and yanking at the arcane rings she finally ripped them asunder causing the rabbit to fall onto the ground.

Looking up at Magik the rabbit seemed to stare. Mouth full of longer teeth than the other the teeth suddenly disappeared "Beware of what you seek." The rabbit mouthed out obviously painful in nature. The shaping of human words was beyond difficult for the rabbit and soon it found itself correcting its own jaw before walking back to Azalia. "Please inform me before you snatch up what is technicly mine." Azalia said rather annoyed with the fact that the woman who was supposed to help decided to begin ripping her rabbit apart. "How would you feel if I decided to see how you worked? I have a good understanding of the human body.. powered or not if it bleeds it can die." Azalia mumbled out.

Rabbits suddenly began to show themselves again, spurred on by the energy flowing from Azalia's current temperment. Laughing they suddenly stopped before looking at once another. Clapping their hands together they all walked, well, more like marched themselves out. Now free from the rabbits with the exception of Azazel the three were left to speak in private. "How would you feel if I ripped your eyes out? Thats kind of what you were doing. I could feel that you know." Azalia went on to grumble out.

@OrlandoBloomers @Michale CS

It didn't occur to her that as first impressions went, this was hardly reassuring. A curiosity for arcane knowledge was overwhelming her sense of propriety in this instance.

Courtney watched curiously, but picked up her staff just the same. In case of emergency.

Magik's analysis of the energy animating the construct was disturbing. It felt like... Fear.
Sinestro Corps. Yellow lantern energies. But the girl wore no ring. Such an artifact would have registered on Magik's senses immediately.

Could she be a mutant with access to the yellow energy without a ring?

That was a scary thought. Pun or no.

@Angelic Fusion @OrlandoBloomers

Seeing her Alpha rabbit being lifted up into the air Azalia narrowed her eyes slightly. Grumbling she felt the energy coming off whatever she was doing. While she couldn't see it that well she could tell where it was. Putting her hands behind her back she simply just stared at what the girl was doing. While she didn't understand the magic the woman was using she did know how to rip things apart and put them back together with her mind. Reaching out she closed her eyes as her mind gripped the magical essence. Pulling and yanking at the arcane rings she finally ripped them asunder causing the rabbit to fall onto the ground.

Looking up at Magik the rabbit seemed to stare. Mouth full of longer teeth than the other the teeth suddenly disappeared "Beware of what you seek." The rabbit mouthed out obviously painful in nature. The shaping of human words was beyond difficult for the rabbit and soon it found itself correcting its own jaw before walking back to Azalia. "Please inform me before you snatch up what is technicly mine." Azalia said rather annoyed with the fact that the woman who was supposed to help decided to begin ripping her rabbit apart. "How would you feel if I decided to see how you worked? I have a good understanding of the human body.. powered or not if it bleeds it can die." Azalia mumbled out.

Rabbits suddenly began to show themselves again, spurred on by the energy flowing from Azalia's current temperment. Laughing they suddenly stopped before looking at once another. Clapping their hands together they all walked, well, more like marched themselves out. Now free from the rabbits with the exception of Azazel the three were left to speak in private. "How would you feel if I ripped your eyes out? Thats kind of what you were doing. I could feel that you know." Azalia went on to grumble out.

@OrlandoBloomers @Michale CS
Courtney watched curiously, but picked up her staff just the same. In case of emergency.

Magik's analysis of the energy animating the construct was disturbing. It felt like... Fear.
Sinestro Corps. Yellow lantern energies. But the girl wore no ring. Such an artifact would have registered on Magik's senses immediately.

Could she be a mutant with access to the yellow energy without a ring?

That was a scary thought. Pun or no.

@Angelic Fusion @OrlandoBloomers
tumblr_inline_nx86t038Fa1s4qpfd_100.jpg

"Do you think you could make me bleed?"

Magik challenged Azalia with a smirk, irritated by the disruption yet intrigued by the power she felt pulsating just beyond the rabbit's physical form. She had tried to reach out, to touch it, but for her it was like trying to put petrol in a diesel engine. The forces this girl played with were something she could neither touch nor draw upon with her own hands, yet... There was an imprint there. A signature. The pure spectrum of emotion, of power... of fear. Such a raw, untapped source of immeasurable energies. Even the whiff was enough to intoxicate her, tug darkly on impulses she had long tried to bury, urges she feared. Would it be so difficult to wrench this power she felt from the clueless young woman before her's hands, to mine that well of fearsome energy for her own purposes? To make them fear her again?

tumblr_inline_obkx9uBxcS1tgyeuu_100.png

After a moment Illyana jolted, both physically and from that train of thought, gasping softly as she dropped her hand from where it had still been casting; still trying fruitlessly to claw at the outsides of the energy she felt. That was dangerous. She had not been tempted so since playing host to the Phoenix Force, and that experience had given her understanding enough of cosmic energy to know it when she felt it. And the emotion, the distinct orientation of fear...

Whatever her thoughts, she kept them to herself for now and instead looked more kindly in Azalia's direction, biting her lip.

"I didn't mean for that to hurt. I am sorry."

A moment later her expression became more severe again, however, and she gestured a hand towards the rabbit and stared it dead in the eye.

"But this creature is not "technically" anyone's. You call on forces beyond your comprehension, little girl. Never assume they belong to you. Never trick yourself into believing you're anything more than a borrower. You have the means to exercise control, that is all. You can use an ATM card, but you don't own the whole bank. I say this, not because I like the sound of my own voice, but because I know. Trust me."

She folded her arms, posture slanted, and looked back at Azalia herself again.

"I'm called Illyana. I am an X-Man, Azalia. What do you know of us?"

tumblr_inline_nx86t038Fa1s4qpfd_100.jpg

"Do you think you could make me bleed?"

Magik challenged Azalia with a smirk, irritated by the disruption yet intrigued by the power she felt pulsating just beyond the rabbit's physical form. She had tried to reach out, to touch it, but for her it was like trying to put petrol in a diesel engine. The forces this girl played with were something she could neither touch nor draw upon with her own hands, yet... There was an imprint there. A signature. The pure spectrum of emotion, of power... of fear. Such a raw, untapped source of immeasurable energies. Even the whiff was enough to intoxicate her, tug darkly on impulses she had long tried to bury, urges she feared. Would it be so difficult to wrench this power she felt from the clueless young woman before her's hands, to mine that well of fearsome energy for her own purposes? To make them fear her again?

tumblr_inline_obkx9uBxcS1tgyeuu_100.png

After a moment Illyana jolted, both physically and from that train of thought, gasping softly as she dropped her hand from where it had still been casting; still trying fruitlessly to claw at the outsides of the energy she felt. That was dangerous. She had not been tempted so since playing host to the Phoenix Force, and that experience had given her understanding enough of cosmic energy to know it when she felt it. And the emotion, the distinct orientation of fear...

Whatever her thoughts, she kept them to herself for now and instead looked more kindly in Azalia's direction, biting her lip.

"I didn't mean for that to hurt. I am sorry."

A moment later her expression became more severe again, however, and she gestured a hand towards the rabbit and stared it dead in the eye.

"But this creature is not "technically" anyone's. You call on forces beyond your comprehension, little girl. Never assume they belong to you. Never trick yourself into believing you're anything more than a borrower. You have the means to exercise control, that is all. You can use an ATM card, but you don't own the whole bank. I say this, not because I like the sound of my own voice, but because I know. Trust me."

She folded her arms, posture slanted, and looked back at Azalia herself again.

"I'm called Illyana. I am an X-Man, Azalia. What do you know of us?"

Staring Azalia didn't know how to take everything that was happening. She wanted to just walk out but some part of her compelled her to stay. Taking a deep breath she shook her head "No, I know nothing. I haven't exactly had luxurys at all during my life so, TV is something I never had the chance to watch. So, if your important I probably have no clue who you are or where you are from." Azalia said with a slight icy tone to it. She didn't want to be rude but, her words could be interprutted as being harsh. "Sorry, I just... I don't know." Azalia said putting a hand on her head.

Suddenly sitting down on the floor she shook her head "I need to take a break for a second. That really took alot.. Well." She mumbled out. Azazel looked at her before walking behind her and standing directly behind the girl. "I am Azalia... Its nice to meet you Illyana. I apologize for being hostile." She mumbled out looking as if she was about to tear up. Disrupting the magical energy Magik had put up took far more out of her than she ever expected. Infact, she had never done anything like that before.

Screaming could be heard as all the lesser Rabbits fed directly out of Azalias depressed state. Running around and teleporting they could be seen jumping from light to light and from room to room before Azazel disappeared and the screaming stopped. The rabbits, now all silenced were gone. The only thing remaining of chaotic nature was the girl sitting on the floor with tears in her eyes. Wiping the tears from her eyes she just remained on the floor unable to bring herself to stand up "Im a mess.." She mumbled out starting to put herself down.

Status
Not open for further replies.