Status
Not open for further replies.
During that long shower, Misty had taken the other plate of scrambled eggs and stuck them between a couple of english muffins, wrapping them up and putting them in a zip bag. She'd send them along with Azalia later when they went to the Whitmore.

"Girl, I love me a long shower too. Good thing my pitching arm doesn't rust or it woulda fallen off already! We haven't had much of a proper introduction. Stick didn't even tell me your name when he dropped you off last night." Misty extended her hand, not the metal one this time, to shake. "I'm Misty Knight. Technically Detective Misty Knight, but I head up the Metahuman Relations division here in Harlem, so I do a lot more hand shaking than handcuffing lately.

Taking the womans hand Azalia smiled "I am Azalia. I don't use my last name often so I apologize if I omit that." Azalia said looking down at her clothes. "So, you are a detective? Thats interesting. I am going to school for music and music theory. I want to produce my own music. I literally am the definition of a starving artist." Azalia said blushing obviously embarassed about where she is at in her life. "But, I mean I guess its not that bad. Things are looking alittle good so... yeah. I just dont know how well I will fit in at this place. I like my space and I dont like being forced into things. I mean, I am not even registered so... I am an enigma."​

Last edited:
"But, I mean I guess its not that bad. Things are looking alittle good so... yeah. I just dont know how well I will fit in at this place. I like my space and I dont like being forced into things. I mean, I am not even registered so... I am an enigma."
"Azalia. Sounds like a flower. Pretty." then she waved her hand a little. "...and you smell like a whole bouquet of them right now, girl. Listen, half the people at the Whitmore don't officially exist. I'm surprised in all of your travels you haven't come across the Morlocks before. People like you, think they can't fit in anywhere..."

She leaned in close and put her hands on Azalia's shoulders. "...until they do. Give it a try. World's a lot friendlier when you're not alone. I got personal experience in that. Besides, I told Stick you'd be there and trust me you do not want to see that man disappointed."

She backed off and waved Azalia on. "I'll drive you there. You can talk to Stargirl, see if you'll be a fit. Watch a movie, wait for Stick. He seems to think he can get you to be a little more disciplined with your gifts. He might be wrong and if he is, I'll be the first one there to laugh in his face. But... you've got an honest chance at a better life. You really want to throw that away and go back to the streets just like that?" Yeah... Misty had done this a few times before.

@Angelic Fusion

• Love
Reactions: Mook-LandStrider
"Azalia. Sounds like a flower. Pretty." then she waved her hand a little. "...and you smell like a whole bouquet of them right now, girl. Listen, half the people at the Whitmore don't officially exist. I'm surprised in all of your travels you haven't come across the Morlocks before. People like you, think they can't fit in anywhere..."

She leaned in close and put her hands on Azalia's shoulders. "...until they do. Give it a try. World's a lot friendlier when you're not alone. I got personal experience in that. Besides, I told Stick you'd be there and trust me you do not want to see that man disappointed."

She backed off and waved Azalia on. "I'll drive you there. You can talk to Stargirl, see if you'll be a fit. Watch a movie, wait for Stick. He seems to think he can get you to be a little more disciplined with your gifts. He might be wrong and if he is, I'll be the first one there to laugh in his face. But... you've got an honest chance at a better life. You really want to throw that away and go back to the streets just like that?" Yeah... Misty had done this a few times before.

Blushing she took the compliment with open arms. She enjoyed the attention for once and wasn't shying away from it at all. "Well, I mean... Nope, never heard of them. Oh, I hope they dont mind the rabbits." Azalia said feeling terrified about having the creatures in the house. "Oh... Well, I guess it comes with having me around. You gotta deal with them. They grow on you after awhile as long as you dont abuse them." Azalia continued on to say.

"As for Stick, I don't know if he knows what he is getting himself into. If his manner of teaching me is to get me upset... I fear for him. Things tend to happen around me the more upset I get and when I really get down in the dumps things start appearing. I mean.. bad things like really bad oh no you gotta run things. Only happened once but it still left an impact on me." She said running a hand through her hair. Her train of thought was cut short by a convoy of rabbits passing through where they were talking. They didn't seem to notice them at all as they walked by. Each of them carrying something different she knew they were up to something but, she couldn't tell what it was.

Seconds later everything that they were carrying finally showed itself. In the time span of the conversation the rabbits had made a small table out of books and even found a way to climb up to the ceiling. One of the rabbits walked forward and bowed twice before scaleing up the wall and jumping off. Diving straight down the rabbit almost in a cartoon like fashion squeezed itself into a glass set on the table. Another of the rabbits began to cackle as the others all joined in as the gaggle litterally began to laugh. The 'lead' rabbit walked forward, picked the glass up and drank the other one before eating the glass itself. Its maw snapped shut before it pointed at Azalia "Bah! Bah!" It cried out before running over and hugging her leg. Azalia put her hand down to pet its head like a... well, like a pet. "Sorry, they really are special..." Azalia trailed off. With the small show finished she and the rabbits followed behind Misty "Okay, Like I said, I hope this doesn't... literally blow up in my face."

@Michale CS

"Oh so you want some of this, bro? Hah!" After a few rolls across the floor, he managed to snag a half-eaten paper tray of cinnamon rolls from earlier that day and shoved them into Raph's face. "Maybe that'll sweeten your disposition!"

Of course a bit more tussling later and he ended up in the corner with Raph on top. Until Mikey put on a horrified face. "Master Splinter!" he said suddenly. Presuming that got any kind of reaction at all from his brother, he'd use that to dance out from under Raph and bolt for the exit.

"I'll see you later, sweet cheeks!" He said, ducking a thrown roll and dashing out of the lair.

Thing is, Mikey wasn't lying.

A somber-looking Sensei stood there, observing. "We need to speak, Raphael. And not about..." he moved his staff and sent a cinnamon roll bouncing. "...pastries."

@Nomad-22

Raph didn't know what's worse. Getting pastries to the face or suffering a new dose of Mikey's lame excuse for puns, likely the latter. It didn't matter though, when it turned out that Master Splinter is standing behind them, proving his brother right, even as the dumbass made his escape.

"Sensei." Raphael said with a bow, resisting the strong urge to chase after Mikey. He waited for Splinter to finish before following him is the rat master's room while wiping off the cinnamon off his green face. He intended to even the score with Mikey later on, but when his father calls him over for a talk, Raph will do it. Once they entered the room, the normally aggressive turtle sat cross-legged, humply as he can manage before Master Splinter.

One doesn't need to be a detective to figure out what the subject of their conversation will be.

Last edited:
She just stared.

"... holy skewed investagative' tactics, are ya tellin me that you dragged my bleached behind up here, threatened me with demons straight outta hellraiser or the icky side of anime, threatened me then tied me up, and you expect me ta' answer that hairbrained question?!" She snorted before she continued. "I watch the news an' I know people tooskie, an' I know that there's plenty of people who got it out for the poor muties. You expect me to just admit that off hand to someone as loony as you??? No thank you, I like bein' not dead." She shook her head and stared right back up into those dark, pissed off eyes.

"I'm loony?! You're a walking affront to my peace of mind, you simpering sow, you are... the looniest..."

Magik actually went completely, stone-faced silent at that, head tilted downwards and eyes impossible to read behind her grown-out fringe and the shadow it cast across her face. It somehow managed to be entirely more eerie than when she was speaking, the thoughts that Russian brain must have been thinking left to the imagination. Though the clenched fists must have been some indicator.

Loony.
"An' between you and me, I came from somewhere that makes New York look like applie pie n' sunshine. And tooskie, you should see what we do to our friends there."
"Really? Then you and I could be friends, no?"

Before she could pursue that particular line of questioning any further, however, something beeped twice inside her pants. Partly thankful, she took out what looked like a sleek disc-shaped pocket communicator marked with an X on the back and tapped it to respond. A three dimensional hologram of a brunette showed up, albeit with their back turned to Magik's unfortunate prisoner, and Illyana herself put something in her ear that presumably made it so only she could hear whatever came from the other end of the line.

She then proceeded to walk away from Harley and have a conversation.

"Thank god I need your help."

There was a pause, presumably while a response came.

"I... am locating a mutant. I might have messed up. I don't know."

Another pause, before Magik bit her lip, looked away, and quick-as-a-flash turned the pocket projector Harley's way and then back to her again, presumably so the chained figure was picked up by the holograph optics on the other end. This also briefly rotated the projection her way so she caught a better glimpse of someone peering at her nonplussedly, however momentary.

[spoili]
sFPiPMW.png
[/spoili]

By the time the camera was back on the demon queen it already looked like the mystery caller was yelling at her.

"I..."

Illyana looked over at Harley again.

"...don't know who that is..."

"Uh huh. Yes."

"Not really."

"There are lots of stupid people in costumes I don't know, okay, I only hang out with you guys. Half my life has been in Limbo or dead."

"Okay, sure. That guy. I have no idea what guy you're talking about but okay."

Magik snorted. "This is America, Katya. Everywhere I look I see clowns."

"No. Maybe. What does he joke about?"

"I don't get it."

"Okay, so she's a bad guy. And... not a mutant." She sighed, pinching her own brow. Stupid.

"She asked me for thirty dollars. I was masquerading as a clueless New Yorker at the time."

"No. I was being Russian, that was a joke. You see? I should be the next Joker."

"I don't know what she needs thirty dollars for! I will ask."

She looked over. "You! Harley Quinn! What do you need thirty dollars for?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

"I'm loony?! You're a walking affront to my peace of mind, you simpering sow, you are... the looniest..."

Magik actually went completely, stone-faced silent at that, head tilted downwards and eyes impossible to read behind her grown-out fringe and the shadow it cast across her face. It somehow managed to be entirely more eerie than when she was speaking, the thoughts that Russian brain must have been thinking left to the imagination. Though the clenched fists must have been some indicator.

Loony.

Harley just beamed and shrugged (as best she could, which wasn't great admittedly) "Hey hey, don't take too much offense Tooskie, I never said I wasn't a little loony either! Didja know I once sold my sold to a demon and thirty minutes later he was cryi-"

Before she could pursue that particular line of questioning any further, however, something beeped twice inside her pants. Partly thankful, she took out what looked like a sleek disc-shaped pocket communicator marked with an X on the back and tapped it to respond. A three dimensional hologram of a brunette showed up, albeit with their back turned to Magik's unfortunate prisoner, and Illyana herself put something in her ear that presumably made it so only she could hear whatever came from the other end of the line.

She then proceeded to walk away from Harley and have a conversation.​
"...Or, you know, just ignore my cool story and have a phone call. Why are bluetooth users always rude?" she drawled under her breath as she huffed and waited to be included again.
"Thank god I need your help."

There was a pause, presumably while a response came.

"I... am locating a mutant. I might have messed up. I don't know."

Another pause, before Magik bit her lip, looked away, and quick-as-a-flash turned the pocket projector Harley's way and then back to her again, presumably so the chained figure was picked up by the holograph optics on the other end. This also briefly rotated the projection her way so she caught a better glimpse of someone peering at her nonplussedly, however momentary.

By the time the camera was back on the demon queen it already looked like the mystery caller was yelling at her.

"I..."

Illyana looked over at Harley again.

"...don't know who that is..."

The continued adventures of phone (open)
"Uh huh. Yes."

"Not really."

"There are lots of stupid people in costumes I don't know, okay, I only hang out with you guys. Half my life has been in Limbo or dead."

"Okay, sure. That guy. I have no idea what guy you're talking about but okay."

Magik snorted. "This is America, Katya. Everywhere I look I see clowns."

"No. Maybe. What does he joke about?"

"I don't get it."

"Okay, so she's a bad guy. And... not a mutant." She sighed, pinching her own brow. Stupid.

"She asked me for thirty dollars. I was masquerading as a clueless New Yorker at the time."

"No. I was being Russian, that was a joke. You see? I should be the next Joker."

"I don't know what she needs thirty dollars for! I will ask."

She looked over. "You! Harley Quinn! What do you need thirty dollars for?"
Over the course of Harley's attempted hustle and Magik's counter-kidnapping, Harley was for the most part enjoying herself. Even with all the portals and chains and her back sass, she had faith she'd be able to talk, kick, or annoy her way outta it like always, even the occasional yelps and grimaces of pain along the way had a mirthful edge to it, like this was just two siblings fighting and that was about as seriously as Harley was taking it.

Apparently something changed in the last twenty seconds, because when Magik turned back around Harley's smile had vamoosed to be replaced with the kind of look that could otherwise only be achieved by looking at a very disappointing pizza that the pet dog ate and choked to death on.

"....Don't say that name again, or I'm stranglin you with these stupid chains."

"Though more realistically, I'll probably just die in the attempt but you can be sure I'd haunt your russian butt, and 100% of people agree you don't want me followin you around all day!"

Apparently the moment was over and she snickered at her own accomplishments in annoyance over the years before she rolled her eyes. "And I toldja! I'm Coney's landlord and I'm thirty bucks short and I really don't wanna pawn any a' my guns or fire anyone. Seriously, ya can call the place up ya'self and ask, tooskie. You got the fancy phone for it an' all."

@OrlandoBloomers

"As for Stick, I don't know if he knows what he is getting himself into. If his manner of teaching me is to get me upset... I fear for him. Things tend to happen around me the more upset I get and when I really get down in the dumps things start appearing. I mean.. bad things like really bad oh no you gotta run things. Only happened once but it still left an impact on me."
"He knows what he's doing. You'll learn control, that's for sure. And that... is apparently what you need." She gestured to the rabbits around. "I think Stick was right. This is... really a part of you. Once you have more control of yourself, you'll have more control of them."

It wasn't long before they had fought the traffic and gotten over to Queens.

Misty had called ahead so by the time they got there, Courtney was out front to meet them.

"So this is Azalia. I'm Stargirl, or Courtney if you prefer, but almost never Miss Whitmore I save that for when someone's in trouble. I understand that you need a place to stay. Well... I need more gardeners. Your little rabbits, they pretty much do what you say, right? You can ask them to help you do things? I think that'd be great practice for you. See, when you've got abilities, it's like oh... playing the piano. You can't just sit down and do it. You have to practice. You have to want to practice. And most importantly, you have to not be afraid of yourself. That last one is the hardest thing to do. But I've got a lot of practice helping people do just that. And if you want that too, then The Whitmore is the perfect place for you. So... what do you say? Give it a try?"

@Angelic Fusion

"Sensei." Raphael said with a bow, resisting the strong urge to chase after Mikey. He waited for Splinter to finish before following him is the rat master's room while wiping off the cinnamon off his green face. He intended to even the score with Mikey later on, but when his father calls him over for a talk, Raph will do it. Once they entered the room, the normally aggressive turtle sat cross-legged, humplh as he can manage before Master Splinter.

One doesn't need to be a detective to figure out what the subject of their conversation will be.
This first part was hard. Splinter just stood there, silently, staring at Raphael. Forget the Ghost Rider, the penance stare of Splinter was just as fearsome in it's own way.

"You know that I do not mind you doing what you can to help people, but there is one thing that I cannot abide. You should know this by now, and yet, you still let your anger rule you."

Splinter brought his staff down hard and fast and stopped it, less than an inch from Raphael's knee. Raph had no doubt that,had that strike actually followed through, he would have a broken bone. "You are allowed to defend yourself, and if life is taken in defense of your own, that is the wages of war - on both sides. What you are not allowed to do is, kill without purpose."

He sat crosslegged across from Raphael. "There once was a boy. His mother loved him dearly. His father grew up in a neighborhood that was very poor, and riddled with gangs and criminals. So, to survive, the father joined one of the gangs, and slowly, lost his kindness. Eventually, the son saw how cruel his father was and although he did not want to be like his father, he knew that the best chance his mother had of surviving was for him to also join the gang. He did not want to." Splinter paused for effect for a moment.

"Shortly, his father died in a fight with a rival gang, so the son took care of the mother, and had no reason to be in the gang now that his father had passed, but once entered into, this life does not let one go. He was a very gifted artist, and began selling his works. His last work was bought at a charity auction by Tony Stark himself. Once he was paid for that, he would have enough money for him and his mother to move out of the city, to a nice place near his aunt and uncle far away. He was very close to leaving the gang life behind."

Splinter leaned forward and lifted Raphael's head, and looked him in the eyes, making sure he had the full impact of the final bit of his story. "That boy's name was Anthony Alvarez, and he was one of the gang members struck down and killed by you. This is why I say never take a life unless you must. Every life is connected to every other life, if one looks hard enough."

He stood and walked to the door, leading Raphael out to the living room. "Until sunrise tomorrow morning, you do not deserve to hold your weapons. Leave them on the weapons rack. You will be allowed to speak and leave the lair tomorrow at dawn. For now, consider silently what you have done."

Once he saw Raphael was complying, he turned and walked slowly back to his room, his staff thumping on the lair floor as he departed.

@Nomad-22

I find myself sitting at a café near Coney Island. Nothing from this Harley Quinn, Nothing from Cardiff. Ugh.

I have my tablet and I mosey through what shield files Nick has allowed me access too. Coulson is a great guy, damned efficient, but Nick is still in charge, he's not fooling me for a moment.

Meanwhile, I send Dakota a Text.

Feeler out, no replies yet. The universe is ... busy .. Sigh. Anything from your end ? I am at a café near Coney Island.
I intend to go on a little drive around the city soon, after dark. Keep me appraised please .

@Michale CS

Meanwhile, I send Dakota a Text.

Feeler out, no replies yet. The universe is ... busy .. Sigh. Anything from your end ? I am at a café near Coney Island.
I intend to go on a little drive around the city soon, after dark. Keep me appraised please .
Dakota just calls rather than texting back. "Yeah, I'm not one to be wordy with texts. I'll come to you. Rather say this in person. Give me the exact address and I'll drop it into my GPS."

@Gands

Harley just beamed and shrugged (as best she could, which wasn't great admittedly) "Hey hey, don't take too much offense Tooskie, I never said I wasn't a little loony either! Didja know I once sold my sold to a demon and thirty minutes later he was cryi-"
"How lucky for you. When that happened to me it was I who did all the crying. For years. And years."

Magik made a point to answer that part icily, looking back at her again with more than a little anger in her cold features. Not that that had been a particularly unusual occurrence over the last thirty minutes. Or ever. Far more unusual was that the mutant's bitter expression was washed over by something else entirely when she went back to her holographic conversation, the fact that whoever she was talking to was able to bring an actual, intruding smile to the normally-sullen sorceress's face readily apparent from where Harley was sitting as she touched her ear to deactivate whatever advanced telescopic earpiece she was using for the remainder of the conversation.

cutijIx.png

"She said that before, too. About Coney Island. I did not believe her. She was trying to hustle me."

"Seriously? That's a terrible hustle."

"I know. Will you check?"

"What, am I phone-a-friend? Fine, I'll look in our database but I don't even see why she'd be outside of Gotham oh crap."

"...Hah?"

"Oh crap."

"Ah. So then..."

"Yep."

"And so..."

"In this case, the one breaking the law is you."

"Well, that always happens."

Illyana shrugged one shoulder unconcernedly, simply taking this newfound information in stride. If she felt foolish or ashamed it certainly didn't show, and Harley's chains weren't getting any looser.

"Who messed up and put the Joker's girlfriend in charge of the tri-state area's resident tourist spot?"

"The same person who allowed me to join the X-Men, perhaps."

"...that was me!"

"Yes. "

Magik, being 100% one of those people who annoyingly hung up abruptly and without explanation, did so and the holographic projection flickered off, the communications device going back inside her pocket as she turned and walked back over to Harley again. She felt stupendously unsure of how to proceed from here but it didn't show outwardly, the malefic demon queen instead looking as neutral as she ever had as she stood over the clown with her hands on her hips, cold blue eyes reserving judgement.

"Joker Joker Joker."

Despite appearances, she wasn't actually trying to be smart.

"Why can't I say this?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

"How lucky for you. When that happened to me it was I who did all the crying. For years. And years."
"...Oooh. I'm guessin thats why the whole... eesh." Harley said with a small wince. She actually looked a bit sheepish at bringing it up. Not because she had any clue but hey, still, professionalism-
cutijIx.png

"She said that before, too. About Coney Island. I did not believe her. She was trying to hustle me."

"Seriously? That's a terrible hustle."

"I know. Will you check?"

"What, am I phone-a-friend? Fine, I'll look in our database but I don't even see why she'd be outside of Gotham oh crap."

"...Hah?"

"Oh crap."

"Ah. So then..."

"Yep."

"And so..."

"In this case, the one breaking the law is you."

"Well, that always happens."
"Hah, I knew yah was one of the bad guys-!"
"Who messed up and put the Joker's girlfriend in charge of the tri-state area's resident tourist spot?"

"The same person who allowed me to join the X-Men, perhaps."

"...that was me!"

"Yes. "

Magik, being 100% one of those people who annoyingly hung up abruptly and without explanation, did so and the holographic projection flickered off, the communications device going back inside her pocket as she turned and walked back over to Harley again. She felt stupendously unsure of how to proceed from here but it didn't show outwardly, the malefic demon queen instead looking as neutral as she ever had as she stood over the clown with her hands on her hips, cold blue eyes reserving judgement.

"Joker Joker Joker."

Despite appearances, she wasn't actually trying to be smart.

"Why can't I say this?"
PHRgY2R.png

"..."

One year. One whole frickin year of being away from that monster and trying to turn over a new leaf, of (mostly) being the good guy and keeping her neighborhood safe. A (mostly) legitimate business woman who daylighted as a psychiatrist at a freaking senior home. And apparently it didn't matter. To the world at large who paid attention to such things, she was still just 'Joker's girlfriend'. The clueless, punching bag Bonnie to his Clyde. It was maddening, it was infuriating, it, it was...

Ah hell. It was understandable, wasn't it? What was one year to half a decade of being the bottom half of the terrible two? She couldn't expect helpin' out one corner of the big apple to make up for helpin' one of, if not the world's biggest psychopaths get his murderous jollies on for that long. The anger that had built up to that point deflated, and she just quietly shook her head.

"...That's one game I ain't playin' tooskie. Do us both a favor and do whatever the hell you're gonna do and get the hell outta my life."

@OrlandoBloomers

This first part was hard. Splinter just stood there, silently, staring at Raphael. Forget the Ghost Rider, the penance stare of Splinter was just as fearsome in it's own way.

"You know that I do not mind you doing what you can to help people, but there is one thing that I cannot abide. You should know this by now, and yet, you still let your anger rule you."

Splinter brought his staff down hard and fast and stopped it, less than an inch from Raphael's knee. Raph had no doubt that,had that strike actually followed through, he would have a broken bone. "You are allowed to defend yourself, and if life is taken in defense of your own, that is the wages of war - on both sides. What you are not allowed to do is, kill without purpose."

He sat crosslegged across from Raphael. "There once was a boy. His mother loved him dearly. His father grew up in a neighborhood that was very poor, and riddled with gangs and criminals. So, to survive, the father joined one of the gangs, and slowly, lost his kindness. Eventually, the son saw how cruel his father was and although he did not want to be like his father, he knew that the best chance his mother had of surviving was for him to also join the gang. He did not want to." Splinter paused for effect for a moment.

"Shortly, his father died in a fight with a rival gang, so the son took care of the mother, and had no reason to be in the gang now that his father had passed, but once entered into, this life does not let one go. He was a very gifted artist, and began selling his works. His last work was bought at a charity auction by Tony Stark himself. Once he was paid for that, he would have enough money for him and his mother to move out of the city, to a nice place near his aunt and uncle far away. He was very close to leaving the gang life behind."

Splinter leaned forward and lifted Raphael's head, and looked him in the eyes, making sure he had the full impact of the final bit of his story. "That boy's name was Anthony Alvarez, and he was one of the gang members struck down and killed by you. This is why I say never take a life unless you must. Every life is connected to every other life, if one looks hard enough."

He stood and walked to the door, leading Raphael out to the living room. "Until sunrise tomorrow morning, you do not deserve to hold your weapons. Leave them on the weapons rack. You will be allowed to speak and leave the lair tomorrow at dawn. For now, consider silently what you have done."

Once he saw Raphael was complying, he turned and walked slowly back to his room, his staff thumping on the lair floor as he departed.

@Nomad-22

Since as a child, Raph had been afraid of the look that his sensei is displaying at him. Splinter's soul piercing stare was truly something terrifying to behold. The turtle couldn't even lift his gaze back toward the old rat, whom he knew as both father and teacher. Raphael couldn't understand why he was at the receiving end of it now. It couldn't be about attacking the Purple Dragons without permission was it?

The mutant turtle was taken off guard when his Sensei nearly stuck his knee with the cane but held back at the last second. Without doubt, Raph, knew that Splinter was teaching him a point about restraining anger. He listen attentively, as Master Splinter began to tell the story about a boy, trying to escape his ties with some kind of gang.

The more Sensei spoke of this tale, the more Raph felt uncomfortable. Then when lifting his face to him the old Rat gave his adopted son a final revelation.

I killed him?!

Raphael realized with a horrified expression on fully display. The truth pierced at his heart harder than any blade could ever hope to do. Guilt immediately swelled within Raph as he was escorted out of Splinter's room. Numbed with condemnation, the ninja turtle silently accepted the punishment the Master placed upon him with a submissive bow.

Putting up the sais in the weapon rack nearby, Raph headed for his own room to be alone, not speaking a single word. All he can think about in that moment was.

What have I done...

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Michale CS
"He knows what he's doing. You'll learn control, that's for sure. And that... is apparently what you need." She gestured to the rabbits around. "I think Stick was right. This is... really a part of you. Once you have more control of yourself, you'll have more control of them."

It wasn't long before they had fought the traffic and gotten over to Queens.

Misty had called ahead so by the time they got there, Courtney was out front to meet them.

"So this is Azalia. I'm Stargirl, or Courtney if you prefer, but almost never Miss Whitmore I save that for when someone's in trouble. I understand that you need a place to stay. Well... I need more gardeners. Your little rabbits, they pretty much do what you say, right? You can ask them to help you do things? I think that'd be great practice for you. See, when you've got abilities, it's like oh... playing the piano. You can't just sit down and do it. You have to practice. You have to want to practice. And most importantly, you have to not be afraid of yourself. That last one is the hardest thing to do. But I've got a lot of practice helping people do just that. And if you want that too, then The Whitmore is the perfect place for you. So... what do you say? Give it a try?"

Looking at the rabbits which had effectively taken over the backseat she wondered if she could gain control over the chaotic manifestations. "I think they are sorta like another side of my mind I keep hidden away." Azalia said as they pulled up. Looking out the window she saw a lady already waiting for them. Getting out she was instantly greeted and Azalia already could get the feeling that things wouldn't be nearly as good as she was initially thinking. She asked about controlling the rabbits and well, she could herd them but that was about it.

"I hate to disappoint you but, I don't know if you fully understand the... well nature of what I can do." Azalia said shying back from the open book she was earlier. The rabbits, sensing the change in her emotional state suddenly shook before beginning to cackle. Their eyes glowing a little more red with the surge of power. To say the least, Azalia was afraid of this new home. "Uhm... I don't mind practicing but I wish to do it alone. I do not trust myself and I understand that I must but, you haven't seen me when I use my powers." Azalia said taking a deep breath. This was going to be tough she could already tell. Well, if things go really bad she could always just run again. "I can try, but I don't promise anything. I have really bad emotional problems and they lead me to doing stupid things... albeit things I can't control. "

Rabbits spilling out onto the street as they clambered over one another they ran straight into the building making Azalia shake her head. Noise of someone screaming and cackling could be heard as one of the rabbits ran back out holding something in its hand. It ran up to Azalia and handed her something. Taking it the blind girl held it close to her face looking at it through her own eyes for once. It was a purple ribbon... why purple? Looking down at the creature Azalia smiled a little causing the cackling to cease.

@Michale CS

• Love
PHRgY2R.png

"..."

One year. One whole frickin year of being away from that monster and trying to turn over a new leaf, of (mostly) being the good guy and keeping her neighborhood safe. A (mostly) legitimate business woman who daylighted as a psychiatrist at a freaking senior home. And apparently it didn't matter. To the world at large who paid attention to such things, she was still just 'Joker's girlfriend'. The clueless, punching bag Bonnie to his Clyde. It was maddening, it was infuriating, it, it was...

Ah hell. It was understandable, wasn't it? What was one year to half a decade of being the bottom half of the terrible two? She couldn't expect helpin' out one corner of the big apple to make up for helpin' one of, if not the world's biggest psychopaths get his murderous jollies on for that long. The anger that had built up to that point deflated, and she just quietly shook her head.

"...That's one game I ain't playin' tooskie. Do us both a favor and do whatever the hell you're gonna do and get the hell outta my life."

@OrlandoBloomers
Magik's gaze darkened and she looked displeased by this answer, but after a moment she shrugged and extended her hand in Harley's direction, beginning to channel mystic energies pulled from the very depths of Limbo and her soul to swirl and flow in a nebula.

And summoned her sword.

The astral blade manifested in hand from the center of the vortex, already expertly gripped around the hilt as without wasting any time on theatrics she stepped forward, stood over Harley, and pulled it back over her shoulders like a headsman's axe. The mutant made ne'ery a sound as she swung the weapon downwards with her full might, but it was no less emphatic a movement because of it, the blade cutting a magical swathe through the air itself on its way down.

In a heartbeat, it sliced through the runed chains holding Harley like butter. They came loose and rescinded back into whatever unearthly realm they were conjured from, Illyana already walking away and sliding the soulsword onto her back where it dispersed as though never there. Whether as an ironic, symbolic or merely sincere gesture, three crumpled-up ten dollar bills pelted Harley in the face from who knows where a moment later, oddly warm to the touch; Illyana herself, reaching the railing at the edge of the roof, climbed over it and simply took a seat on the ledge.

tumblr_inline_nx67l2TdDL1s4qpfd_100.jpg

"The mutant is dead."

She drew one knee back so it was propped up on the ledge, letting the other dangle carefreely.

"We only show up on systems when our powers manifest. Usually, this happens under duress. Among children especially. When a new mutant appears on our scanners, it often means they're in trouble and need assistance right away; Sometimes, we do not reach them in time to help. I came looking almost a week ago. It's too late."

Her hair flapped in the breeze as she shook her head.

"Every morning, I have been looking. High above Times Square. I hoped they were simply evading my magic somehow, but I was beginning to know better. I've tried a hundred spells a hundred times. Today, when one showed me you, I became... hopeful." She paused a moment, then sighed and corrected herself. "Desperate. I am not... good with people, I know. I ask or say the wrong things. But... that's why I did this to you. I don't expect you to forgive, or understand. I just wanted to explain my mistake."

With a flick of her hand behind her, another teleportation disc swirled into form on the floor. Stepping on it would transport one back to Times Square instantaneously, like magic.

"You can go. Don't try to push me off, I'll kill you."

That informative afterthought was added solely because it was probably what she would've done if their places were reversed.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

Magik's gaze darkened and she looked displeased by this answer, but after a moment she shrugged and extended her hand in Harley's direction, beginning to channel mystic energies pulled from the very depths of Limbo and her soul to swirl and flow in a nebula.

And summoned her sword.

The astral blade manifested in hand from the center of the vortex, already expertly gripped around the hilt as without wasting any time on theatrics she stepped forward, stood over Harley, and pulled it back over her shoulders like a headsman's axe. The mutant made ne'ery a sound as she swung the weapon downwards with her full might, but it was no less emphatic a movement because of it, the blade cutting a magical swathe through the air itself on its way down.

In a heartbeat, it sliced through the runed chains holding Harley like butter. They came loose and rescinded back into whatever unearthly realm they were conjured from, Illyana already walking away and sliding the soulsword onto her back where it dispersed as though never there. Whether as an ironic, symbolic or merely sincere gesture, three crumpled-up ten dollar bills pelted Harley in the face from who knows where a moment later, oddly warm to the touch; Illyana herself, reaching the railing at the edge of the roof, climbed over it and simply took a seat on the ledge.

tumblr_inline_nx67l2TdDL1s4qpfd_100.jpg

"The mutant is dead."

She drew one knee back so it was propped up on the ledge, letting the other dangle carefreely.

"We only show up on systems when our powers manifest. Usually, this happens under duress. Among children especially. When a new mutant appears on our scanners, it often means they're in trouble and need assistance right away; Sometimes, we do not reach them in time to help. I came looking almost a week ago. It's too late."

Her hair flapped in the breeze as she shook her head.

"Every morning, I have been looking. High above Times Square. I hoped they were simply evading my magic somehow, but I was beginning to know better. I've tried a hundred spells a hundred times. Today, when one showed me you, I became... hopeful." She paused a moment, then sighed and corrected herself. "Desperate. I am not... good with people, I know. I ask or say the wrong things. But... that's why I did this to you. I don't expect you to forgive, or understand. I just wanted to explain my mistake."

With a flick of her hand behind her, another teleportation disc swirled into form on the floor. Stepping on it would transport one back to Times Square instantaneously, like magic.

"You can go. Don't try to push me off, I'll kill you."

That informative afterthought was added solely because it was probably what she would've done if their places were reversed.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
Harley's gaze remained steely as Magic summoned her sword and strode up to her. She looked Magik dead in the eye as she raised the sword, as if she was daring her to follow through.

When she actually swung the sword though Harley totally screamed like a little girl because jeez :T

She let out a relieved breath when the chains were cut as she rubbed her arm where the binding had been particularly tight. She listened as Magik talked, and once she was done she huffed and rubbed the back of her neck before she popped a squat next to Magik on the roof.

"...Hell ain't the only place there's demons. An' I can say definitively that the ones that are here on earth can be way worse than some a' the ones that are. s'why I don't like hearin that name." She decided to answer, before she started to rummage through her bag. A few seconds later she produced a business card, and handed it over to Magik

Harley Quinn, Mostly Legal Thing Doer

609-867-5309

"I... Well I ain't doubtin yer magicy know how or anythin', but maybe theres somethin you missed. Maybe this mutie's power is that they're really good at hidin'! Me an' my people will take a look around the city, a'ight? Consider it services rendered fer the cost a' thirty buckaroos."

There was a beat before she added.

"This is under the assumption yer actually workin with the x-men, since I remember them bein' the good guys for the muties. If you're not and I find this poor kid, I ain't gonna come after you myself since we just saw how that would go, but I will call a friend or two I got who wouldn't be punchin above their pay grade."

She hopped back up to her feet stretched her arms out before she continued as she walked towards the portal. "Oh, and the other card, that ones fer services pro bono. If you need someone to talk to is all. I got experience with... stuff along those lines." and indeed there was another card underneath the first

Harleen Quinzel, psychiatric M.D.

609-867-5309

Apparently there were no hard feelings over the brief rooftop rendevous/kidnapping-

Or at least there weren't any after the air horn that had been rigged to not shut off got tossed back through the portal behind Harley to try and spook the other girl. But hey, she didn't push her : |​

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: C.T. and Michale CS
"Uhm... I don't mind practicing but I wish to do it alone. I do not trust myself and I understand that I must but, you haven't seen me when I use my powers." Azalia said taking a deep breath. This was going to be tough she could already tell. Well, if things go really bad she could always just run again. "I can try, but I don't promise anything. I have really bad emotional problems and they lead me to doing stupid things... albeit things I can't control. "
"You know... I actually think I know of someone who could help. Someone who has powers quite a bit like yours. I'll have to make some phone calls, but I think... I think I know just the person to help you out. You come on inside and Callisto will assign you a room. Also, if your bunnies make messes, you be sure to tell them to clean them up, all right?" The smile was completely unchanged, and Courtney was not in the least bit disturbed.

Misty left a phone with Azalia. "I know of your disability with seeing on your own, so I set this one up the same way I see Stick has his set up. It's made for folks who can't see. You just hit this button here and say call misty and it will, if you need me, okay?"

It wasn't long after that Azalia found Billy, the kid that could fly and, was apparently pretty invulnerable, playing with a couple of her rabbits.He couldn't have been more than 11 years old. "Hi! I love your rabbits. They're like Minions. I named em after them too. This one is Stuart and that one is Dave." Dave, at this point was trying to chew on Billy's hand and just kept getting slightly shocked, laughing, and trying again.

The phone call went to Emma Frost. After that call, and a few other steps, There would be a communication sent to one lIlyana Nikolievna Rasputina, asking her to come to the Whitmore Hotel in Queens, stating that her mutant may well have been found.

@Angelic Fusion @OrlandoBloomers

"You know... I actually think I know of someone who could help. Someone who has powers quite a bit like yours. I'll have to make some phone calls, but I think... I think I know just the person to help you out. You come on inside and Callisto will assign you a room. Also, if your bunnies make messes, you be sure to tell them to clean them up, all right?" The smile was completely unchanged, and Courtney was not in the least bit disturbed.

Misty left a phone with Azalia. "I know of your disability with seeing on your own, so I set this one up the same way I see Stick has his set up. It's made for folks who can't see. You just hit this button here and say call misty and it will, if you need me, okay?"

It wasn't long after that Azalia found Billy, the kid that could fly and, was apparently pretty invulnerable, playing with a couple of her rabbits.He couldn't have been more than 11 years old. "Hi! I love your rabbits. They're like Minions. I named em after them too. This one is Stuart and that one is Dave." Dave, at this point was trying to chew on Billy's hand and just kept getting slightly shocked, laughing, and trying again.

The phone call went to Emma Frost. After that call, and a few other steps, There would be a communication sent to one lIlyana Nikolievna Rasputina, asking her to come to the Whitmore Hotel in Queens, stating that her mutant may well have been found.
Following the noise of laughing inside she had taken the phone from Misty with a smile and a sudden hug. She didn't know what to say and was horrible at goodbyes so, she ended up just waving goodbye. Seeing the boy with her Rabbits she was about to scream before she noticed the boy messing with them. Seeing the rabbit attempting to bite off the boys arm she walked up to it, detatched its head and rolled it down the hallway. "I've never... Minions? Ohhhh thats cute." Azalia said with a smile. Kneeling down she got to the rabbits level to which it turned and suddenly licked her entire face with an oversized tongue.

Falling back Azalia was completely taken back and actually began to gag and cough. Rolling on her stomach several of the rabbits gathered around her and suddenly began to jump on her back. The scene was hysterical but the girl seemed to be in slight pain over the entire scenario. Shaking the laughing Rabbits off herself Dave had finally caught up to its head and refixed it to its own body. Running back it managed to jump on Azalias back as the red head stood up. Feeling it crawling up it soon found its place ontop of her head. Although rare she wasnt taken back by this. Having happened a few times before she just decided to let it happen instead of fighting it. She just hoped the others didn't get the idea that they wished to be in the same position.​

Following the noise of laughing inside she had taken the phone from Misty with a smile and a sudden hug. She didn't know what to say and was horrible at goodbyes so, she ended up just waving goodbye.
Misty smiled at the hug and gave a good wave to Azalia as she got back into her car. "...there still better not be rabbit shit all over my house. If there is, Stick's cleaning it up." She mumbled to herself as she drove off.

Having happened a few times before she just decided to let it happen instead of fighting it. She just hoped the others didn't get the idea that they wished to be in the same position.
Most of the people stayed away, but not Billy. He flew over and landed next to Azalia. "You gotta let her breathe, Minions! Boop! Boop!" He started slightly booping each of the rabbits on top of Azalia with his index finger, giving them a little shock, just enough to get them to hop back. Because Billy had absolutely no ill intent, somehow the rabbits seemed to sense that and instead surrounded Azalia, then looked at Billy for direction, oddly?
"Hugs are okay, but dogpiles can hurt. Well, most people. I quit being able to be hurt a year ago. So if you ever wanna dogpile it can be on me... look..." He reached forward and pulled up Azalia's shirt a little at the waist. "... there's a bruise." He touched it and a spark went to it, and it instantly faded. "See... I got too much energy for one life, that's why I can't be hurt and why I can fly, I think. But I can let the energy go into someone else a little, and when I do I heal em up. It's good to practice, Stargirl says."

@Angelic Fusion

Most of the people stayed away, but not Billy. He flew over and landed next to Azalia. "You gotta let her breathe, Minions! Boop! Boop!" He started slightly booping each of the rabbits on top of Azalia with his index finger, giving them a little shock, just enough to get them to hop back. Because Billy had absolutely no ill intent, somehow the rabbits seemed to sense that and instead surrounded Azalia, then looked at Billy for direction, oddly?
"Hugs are okay, but dogpiles can hurt. Well, most people. I quit being able to be hurt a year ago. So if you ever wanna dogpile it can be on me... look..." He reached forward and pulled up Azalia's shirt a little at the waist. "... there's a bruise." He touched it and a spark went to it, and it instantly faded. "See... I got too much energy for one life, that's why I can't be hurt and why I can fly, I think. But I can let the energy go into someone else a little, and when I do I heal em up. It's good to practice, Stargirl says."
"Oh, Well, I have something similar. I found someone very hurt... a few years ago and I helped them." Azalia said but was obviously very shaky about it. Taking a breath she smiled but surprisingly the shock didn't hurt at all. Rabbits looking at Azalia they all opened their mouthes making Azalia flinch. Although she could sense their motives she still knew they were random. "I wish I couldn't hurt people. I don't really like using my powers much because, well I don't know what will happen." Azalia said before whistleing and making the Rabbits suddenly disappear into a small puff of smoke. Only one remained which seemed different than the others. "This is Azazel. He is like.. The Alpha rabbit." She said "You can tell because his eyes aren't exactly red. They are more yellowish. I don't know why but its like having a sheep dog for sheep. If you know what I mean." Azalia tried explaining.​

Status
Not open for further replies.