Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a memorable man. Often there are a full range of emotions in the background of my memories with him.

I pride myself sir in my memory and my knowledge of people I should consider ... Dangerous !

Have you noticed how much more crowded your own list is in the last few years ?

So Many variables now, though I enjoy the new challenges.

How is your beautiful daughter ? You must be so proud ! I met her once in Japan.

@Ringmaster

Eating some more she finished her half before putting her head down on the table. It wasn't long before she stopped moving entirely. Two rabbits uncloaked to the left and the right of her. But, unlike their usual chaotic nature they didn't seem to move. Almost like they were watching the girl as she slept.
"Jesus Christ on a pike." Stick said. He stood and paid for the food, then waggled his cane at the little creatures. "Out of my way, kids. I'm just going to carry your mistress here to a cab. Then I'm taking her to a friend of mine who'll keep an eye on her tonight. Go on, shoo. Shoo! You can follow as long as you aren't seen. Comprende?"

And if not prevented, he'd take them to Harlem, of all places. A... friend of a friend, let's call her.

"Stick. What are you dumping on me tonight? Who the hell is this?"
"Homeless girl. She's got abilities. I'm going to train her but she passed out on me after I got her a bite to eat."
"Why do you think I'd watch over your pet projects?"
"Would you rather she stayed with me?"

Misty fumed for a moment then opened the door the rest of the way. "Damned dirty old man. If I trusted you half as far as I could throw you I'd say yes. Bring her in here. But tomorrow, she goes to a shelter. I'll make some calls."
Stick smiled and brought the sleeping girl in, and laid her out on the couch.
"Thought you'd see it my way."
"You mean blind?"
"You wound me, Miss Knight."
"Not the way I'd like to. So, what are her abilities?"
"She splits her consciousness up and creates little monsters like... these two who just showed up."
"...the Hell is this? These things aren't gonna chomp on me in my sleep, are they?"
"No idea. Probably not. They seem to be focused on protecting her."
"Oh that's reassuring."
"I thought it would be. You'll call me with the number to the shelter you get her into."
"I'll text you."
"Bitch."
"Asshole."

"Good night, Misty."
"Get outta here, Stick."

"As eloquent as ever."
"Out."
Stick just chuckled as he left.

"Now what in the world am I going to do with you...?" Misty Knight whispered over the sleeping girl.

@Angelic Fusion

He is a memorable man. Often there are a full range of emotions in the background of my memories with him.

I pride myself sir in my memory and my knowledge of people I should consider ... Dangerous !

Have you noticed how much more crowded your own list is in the last few years ?

So Many variables now, though I enjoy the new challenges.

How is your beautiful daughter ? You must be so proud ! I met her once in Japan.

@Ringmaster
"Karai has ever been her fathers pride. She conducts herself well, in every task I set before her."

No higher praise could he give. And then he asked.

"But what brings you to the safehouse of the Hand? Is the League planning an alliance of their own?"

@Gands

"Now what in the world am I going to do with you...?" Misty Knight whispered over the sleeping girl.

A noise could be heard inside of the room as a door opened and four more of the creatures just waltzed out and towards the sleeping girl. Each of them carrying something soft in their paws. One had a pillow and the other three seemed to be struggling to carry a blanket. Waddling over to her they didn't pay any mind to the other lady in the room as they shoved the pillow nonchalantly under Azalias head and threw the blanket ontop of her. The four then waddled off before returning with even more things to cover the girl in. They seemed to be cacooning the girl in soft things or trying to make her more comfortable. Which one they were doing at this point would be hard to tell.

After a few hours Azalia herself began to stirr. Moving her head she felt something ontop of it and shook it off. Rubbing her eyes she yawned before snuggling her head back into the pillow that she was laying her head on. Eyes opening she saw that she was infact covered from head to toe in over three blankets and six pillows. Staring out of the breathing hole the rabbits left her she couldn't see where they were but felt their presence nearby. Closing her eyes she looked through each of the rabbits eyes to look around the room. If anyone was watching one of the rabbits heads spun around 360 degrees like a light house before it sprinted over and began to dig the red head out.

"Gah! Bahhhh!" The rabbit cackled out as the other five came up behind it. Together they were able to get the girl out of the bubble they made for her out of plushy things. She had no idea where she was and although she was freaked out the presence of the rabbits eased her fear. They wouldn't be acting like this if she was in danger. Well, they did cover her up entirely so they didn't know where she was either. Sitting up she knocked the rest of the covers off herself making the rabbits begin to whine in unison. The noise echoed once before she shot them a glare making them stop.

Rabbits scattering like cats after something dropped they disappeared after running in every direction. One rabbit remained at the end of the couch. Staring directly at her Azalia stared back and that is where she stayed for nearly a minute. The rabbit didn't seem to care much for the others doings but soon hopped off the couch only to return with a procured glass of water. Taking it she drank it down before snatching the rabbit up and pulling the covers back over herself. The rabbit whined and struggled but soon found its situation to be hopeless. It was to be a pillow for the next undetermined ammount of time.

@Michale CS

Harley was definitely not having fun.

Ok that was a lie. But it was the 'someone is apparently trying to kick my ass for reasons I don't understand'... again. She hooped and hollered in surprise as she bounced backwards from her own bullets, before she smirked and shrugged. "I'll show ya somethin alright. I'll... I show ya as soon as I figure outta good punchline thats relevant here but for now-"

*BANG. BANG. BANG*

She raised her gun and squeezed off another trio of shots, slower this time. Only this time she did it in a full on sprint for Magik... and if the chica tried to do the portal trick again, Harley straight up jumped through the portal itself.

Now what happened after depended on a few things. For example, if it was the same trick as last time, she was gonna hop through the same one the bullets were comin' out and end up right in front of Magik via her own mystic train o' mysticness, where thereafter she was gonna sweep the legs and try to thunderpunt the little brat in the stomach and straight off the stupid building. It was fine she could portal herself afterwards :|

...but if magik just decided to send the bullets elsewhere this time well then Harley was gonna go barreling through the bullet catchin side and take a trip to wherever-the-fucks-ville ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@OrlandoBloomers
tumblr_inline_nx5o75Yb1z1s4qpfd_100.jpg

"I'm so sick of this loathsome trend to "quip" during combat. Whatever happened to just lying there and taking the beating?"

Her accented tone was the sort of disdainful, high-and-mighty patronizing that she knew typically drew ire, despite the fact that she had no genuine intention of delivering an actual beating of any kind. And in her mind, this wasn't truly combat. Simply a test. When it came to true expression of her arcane potency, all from the Hell-Lords of the Splinter Realms to the Amazons of Themyscira knew to be wary, to give her a wide berth. The Dread One himself, forgetting his place, overstepped that boundary just recently, and the consequences for him proved... most humiliating. It was no wonder she n-

Illyana blinked as Harley vanished. "-nyet?"

Now there was a twist. Her response for dealing with small things like bullets at this stage was automatic, the same redirection tactic she had used before with varying degrees of lethality depending on the mood she was in. So when Harley somehow put herself through the exit portal and came springing through the other side to confront her like a demented Tigger, not only was Magik's train of thought interrupted, she had to take a moment to register what had happened. Nobody had ever tried that with her portals before. And then Harley's foot swept in, quick, efficient and below her guard.

And she jumped over it.

It was a good play to get close to her and all, but apparently the tendency of magic wielders to be weak in the physical department didn't apply here. If the gigantic sword wasn't enough of a hint. :| The followup shot was blocked by her armor-clad arm and a gauntleted hand snatched Harley's offending limb to try and twist it back, Illyana attempting to make her posture from the pain so she was looming over the clown despite actually being a few inches shorter.

"You're out of bullets and I'm getting bored. You gonna show me something, or what?"

She had to admit, this was starting to feel like a mistake. But somehow, despite being weird and annoying this shrieking baboon seemed to have actual competence, certainly more than any typical New Yorker going about their business in Times Square. She was either the mutant or just very, very strange.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

Rabbits scattering like cats after something dropped they disappeared after running in every direction. One rabbit remained at the end of the couch. Staring directly at her Azalia stared back and that is where she stayed for nearly a minute. The rabbit didn't seem to care much for the others doings but soon hopped off the couch only to return with a procured glass of water. Taking it she drank it down before snatching the rabbit up and pulling the covers back over herself. The rabbit whined and struggled but soon found its situation to be hopeless. It was to be a pillow for the next undetermined amount of time.
"Fool rabbits all over my house. This is worse than when I babysit my niece." Misty grumbled to herself as she stood in the kitchen, scrambling a goodly number of eggs, tossing them with crumbled bacon and cheese. What? You expected pancakes? This was about as fancy as Misty got when fixing herself breakfast. It was this or bacon and grits, and she guessed that white girl wouldn't like the grits.

She set two plates of food on her small kitchen table then walked over to the living room, dodging rabbits the whole way. "It's like living in a damned pet shop. I better not find rabbit shit all over my floor or we're gonna have words." Misty mumbled.

Misty leaned over and used her good arm, the one built by Stark - can't never be too careful, let a rabbit just try to take a bite of the vibranium-adamantium arm of hers - to reach over and jostle the girl's shoulder. "Hey. Wake up honey. You been out twelve hours. I made breakfast. Don't worry, you're safe. I'm Misty, and we got a busy day today."

@Angelic Fusion

Raph proceed to flip from one channel after channel with the remote in one hand and twirling a sai with the other. Honestly at this point he would watch one of Mikey's silly shows. Better than being slapped in the face with more bad news repeatedly.

Maybe I'll get lucky and catch some UFC.

It had only been recent since he busted up that purple dragon joint, as payback for what they did to Mr. Murakami. The memory of that night brought a savage smile on Raphael's expression. Giving them a piece of hell sure felt satisfying.

Still it would've been even more better if it wasn't for that spider wanna-be playing referee. Granted she helped with Rocksteady yet he could've handle that horn faced bastard on his own.

Capes like that reminded Raphal an awful lot of his brother Leonardo, always ready to play by rules like a good little teacher's pet. At least Leo bended the rules now and then to do what's necessary.

That is certainly unlike a certain number of so-called superheroes back on the surface. They seem want to protect everybody, including criminal scum, when that filth clearly didn't deserve it. Last night's 'party' gave further evidence of that notion to him.

The problem is there just too damn many costumes. Its getting harder to go topside and do some needed pest control without their kind screwing things up. Well Casey gets from where I'm coming from, and so does that Punisher guy I been hearing about.

Raphael sighed thinking about all of that, as he switched from an lame jewelry channel to another freakin news station.

Authorities are still investigating the incident at a nightclub in lower east Manhattan, where members of the infamous Purple Dragons gang were assaulted. Five fatalities were confirmed along with ten injured, including what witnesses describe as a mutated Rhino-

The sai wielder sitting on the sofa, displayed a wider grin in reaction, fully pleased with himself again. Guess there is good news to watch he concluded. Of course his brothers and Sensei nearby would've heard the same thing as well. Needless to say any of them, even Mikey could put two to two together, and figure out what Raph had done.

After all Raphael made a big fuss over what happen to their friend, Murakami and about getting even with the thugs responsible.

Last edited:
"But what brings you to the safehouse of the Hand? Is the League planning an alliance of their own?"
It has been quite some time since I represented the league in any way.

You know the local politics as well or better than I.

She felt confident he already knew where the hand's alliances were.

@Ringmaster

Last edited by a moderator:
The sai wielder sitting on the sofa, displayed a wider grin in reaction, fully pleased with himself again. Guess there is good news to watch he concluded. Of course his brothers and Sensei nearby would've heard the same thing as well. Needless to say any of them, even Mikey could put two to two together, and figure out what Raph had done.

After all Raphael made a big fuss over what happen to their friend, Murakami and about getting even with the thugs responsible.
"Surprise Noogie!" Mikey was suddenly there next to him on the sofa, half-standing half kneeling, administering an elbow to the top of Raph's head. "Gotcha! Master Mikey says, never let TV leave you unaware of improvised horseplay." His brother slipped easily into a seated position next to Raphael, and he'd notice that Mikey was in his Turtle Titan costume, not the usual bandana.

"I'm about to go out on the street as Turtle Titan, talk to some of my super-hero friends about what happened to poor mister Murakami. I'm guessing it was you who put the beat down on our least favorite Rhino in the world. Met Spider-Girl too! Man you get all the luck. I haven't seen any of the spider people out there yet."

@Nomad-22

tumblr_inline_nx5o75Yb1z1s4qpfd_100.jpg

"I'm so sick of this loathsome trend to "quip" during combat. Whatever happened to just lying there and taking the beating?"

Her accented tone was the sort of disdainful, high-and-mighty patronizing that she knew typically drew ire, despite the fact that she had no genuine intention of delivering an actual beating of any kind. And in her mind, this wasn't truly combat. Simply a test. When it came to true expression of her arcane potency, all from the Hell-Lords of the Splinter Realms to the Amazons of Themyscira knew to be wary, to give her a wide berth. The Dread One himself, forgetting his place, overstepped that boundary just recently, and the consequences for him proved... most humiliating. It was no wonder she n-

Illyana blinked as Harley vanished. "-nyet?"

Now there was a twist. Her response for dealing with small things like bullets at this stage was automatic, the same redirection tactic she had used before with varying degrees of lethality depending on the mood she was in. So when Harley somehow put herself through the exit portal and came springing through the other side to confront her like a demented Tigger, not only was Magik's train of thought interrupted, she had to take a moment to register what had happened. Nobody had ever tried that with her portals before. And then Harley's foot swept in, quick, efficient and below her guard.

And she jumped over it.

It was a good play to get close to her and all, but apparently the tendency of magic wielders to be weak in the physical department didn't apply here. If the gigantic sword wasn't enough of a hint. :| The followup shot was blocked by her armor-clad arm and a gauntleted hand snatched Harley's offending limb to try and twist it back, Illyana attempting to make her posture from the pain so she was looming over the clown despite actually being a few inches shorter.

"You're out of bullets and I'm getting bored. You gonna show me something, or what?"

She had to admit, this was starting to feel like a mistake. But somehow, despite being weird and annoying this shrieking baboon seemed to have actual competence, certainly more than any typical New Yorker going about their business in Times Square. She was either the mutant or just very, very strange.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
"See, y'say that but just commentin on it is a quip itself- aahhhh ah ah ah ow-" Harley yelped as her leg was snatched up and twisted. Fortunately, while Harley didn't have too much experience with magic users (Though some! (Actually Zatanna owed her thirty bucks after that last poker game didn't she-)), she had plenty of experience with people who were dangerous all up close, giant weapons or no.

"I don't got nothin to show-" She snarled as she hopped off the ground with her other foot and used the grab and her acrobatic know-how to swing and twist around the back of Magik like a glorified limbol-born dancin pole "-so why don't you" Her other leg twisted to lock the gauntlet-ed hand in place in tandem with the other leg as one arm swung to gag Magik's magic word spewin' mouth with the other gripped to supportit. "-Go ask-" She tensed and shortened her whole body, aaaand with a mighty heave and backwards roll of her (donut enhanced!) weight, sought to flip and release Magik over the side out out of her life.

"The nice folk down THERE wait no SHIT YOU STILL HAVE MY LEG! YLF, YLF, YLF THIS WORKS WHEN ZATANNA DOES IT YLF!"

@OrlandoBloomers

"Surprise Noogie!" Mikey was suddenly there next to him on the sofa, half-standing half kneeling, administering an elbow to the top of Raph's head. "Gotcha! Master Mikey says, never let TV leave you unaware of improvised horseplay." His brother slipped easily into a seated position next to Raphael, and he'd notice that Mikey was in his Turtle Titan costume, not the usual bandana.

"I'm about to go out on the street as Turtle Titan, talk to some of my super-hero friends about what happened to poor mister Murakami. I'm guessing it was you who put the beat down on our least favorite Rhino in the world. Met Spider-Girl too! Man you get all the luck. I haven't seen any of the spider people out there yet."

@Nomad-22

"Shit! Watch it Mikey"

Another reminder of what happens when you let your guard down with someone like Mikey around, Raphael thought. He was about apply his own noogie when he noticed what his little brother was wearing. Shaking his head at the sight of the constume, Raph glance toward the TV, showing footage of the wrecked interior of the bar

"Yea I was there, raising hell. To be fair, old Rocky was a suprise to me. Then Spider-Chick came along and actually protected those punks from me! I'll say this about her, she at least provided a decent distraction for me to knock down Rock.

Turning toward Mikey, he added.

"As for Mr. Murakami what can those capes do that I haven't done already?"

Reactions: Michale CS
Turning toward Mikey, he added.

"As for Mr. Murakami what can those capes do that I haven't done already?"

"Like, they're everywhere man, the supers. If anyone has seen anything, they have. And it's not just the Purple Dragons that are acting up. It's like everything got turned upside down recently. There's some big move that someone is planning and Turtle Titan and his sidekick Perpetually Angry Dude - psst, that's you by the way - are gonna find the answers!"

He flicked the channel. "Here you go, bro." Mikey stood up as on the screen, a couple of masked fighters squared off on screen. "Luche Libre!"

@Nomad-22

Reactions: Nomad-22
Misty leaned over and used her good arm, the one built by Stark - can't never be too careful, let a rabbit just try to take a bite of the vibranium-adamantium arm of hers - to reach over and jostle the girl's shoulder. "Hey. Wake up honey. You been out twelve hours. I made breakfast. Don't worry, you're safe. I'm Misty, and we got a busy day today."

Curling up tighter the girl didn't seem to want to wake up at all. Only the kicking and groans from the rabbit she had in her hands made her begin to move. The rabbit, sensing imminent salvation began a relentless squirming and finally, after exerting amazing effort it go out of her grasp and sprinted before jumping out of an open window. Azalia let out a small whine as she tried grabbing for something else. This ended up being the best sleep the girl had in, well quite a while actually.

Blinking several times she rolled over before reaching for where she left her necklace. Picking it up she sat up and put it around her neck. "Hmm...?" She asked still obviously dazed. Grumbling she laid back down before rolling off and onto the floor. It was morning, and she hadn't slept on anything comfortable for awhile. Hitting the floor she grunted and seemed to jolt herself awake. "Huh! What?" She asked alarmed before settling down once more. Hair beyond frazzled she looked like a hot mess combined with someone that had a hang over of a life time. Yeah, she looked terrible.​

"Huh! What?" She asked alarmed before settling down once more. Hair beyond frazzled she looked like a hot mess combined with someone that had a hang over of a life time. Yeah, she looked terrible.
"I said we have a busy day. Breakfast is ready and on the kitchen table. You're about my niece's size, so I laid out a shirt and pants of hers in the bathroom. Next thing is you're going to get yourself a shower, then we're gonna get you checked into a place I know. You'll have breakfast and dinner every day, a roof over your head and a nice bed to sleep on. Your own room and everything. Plus, it's no stranger to having... special people like yourself stay there. Miss Whitmore runs a nice place." Misty replied, then just marched herself into the kitchen. "I dunno about you, but I like eating my eggs while they're still warm."

Meanwhile, across town in Queens...​
"Billy, stop flying around in here. You'll knock something over. Breakfast is served everyone!" Courtney Whitmore. Superheroine to the homeless. Someone had to do it. Since the world got so much more crowded, there were a lot more people with abilities in all walks of life. Including, street people. This was one of three locations she had her shelters in, the first being her home town of Los Angeles, but due to the sheer number of people with abilities in New York City... Stargirl spent most of her time at this one. They were even innocuously named. The Whitmore Hotel. That way, when a homeless person went for a job interview, the word shelter would never appear on a resume or be spoken in an interview.​
She stepped forward and grabbed Billy gently by the ankle, floating down with him and directing him to sit at the table. It started with the Morlocks, really. They were a big help, keeping the place running. Callisto was the technical head of this shelter, but Courtney shared the responsibility whenever she was in town.​
"Remember, at 11am we have the gardening gathering, and tonight's movie is Shark Boy and Lava Girl." She actually sat down with the rest of the various homeless to enjoy her breakfast with them.​
This was the most difference she felt that she had ever made in her entire career as a superheroine. Right here, right now.​

@Angelic Fusion

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mook-LandStrider
"See, y'say that but just commentin on it is a quip itself- aahhhh ah ah ah ow-" Harley yelped as her leg was snatched up and twisted. Fortunately, while Harley didn't have too much experience with magic users (Though some! (Actually Zatanna owed her thirty bucks after that last poker game didn't she-)), she had plenty of experience with people who were dangerous all up close, giant weapons or no.

"I don't got nothin to show-" She snarled as she hopped off the ground with her other foot and used the grab and her acrobatic know-how to swing and twist around the back of Magik like a glorified limbol-born dancin pole "-so why don't you" Her other leg twisted to lock the gauntlet-ed hand in place in tandem with the other leg as one arm swung to gag Magik's magic word spewin' mouth with the other gripped to supportit. "-Go ask-" She tensed and shortened her whole body, aaaand with a mighty heave and backwards roll of her (donut enhanced!) weight, sought to flip and release Magik over the side out out of her life.

"The nice folk down THERE wait no SHIT YOU STILL HAVE MY LEG! YLF, YLF, YLF THIS WORKS WHEN ZATANNA DOES IT YLF!"

@OrlandoBloomers
"-YOU ARE AN IDIOT!"

Magik finally bellowed out as soon as her jaw was released, right before she flipped over the side of the roof. Which was all she really, desperately needed to say right then, given the list of non-verbal incantations she knew that could've put the kibosh on this squalling jackdaw's writhing was as long her stupid, anacondic legs apparently were. And yes. She made damn sure to wrench Harley straight off the roof by her ankle along with her.

Up to now some painful sense of moral obligation, no doubt instilled by her brother or someone equally silly, had held her back from truly demonstrating the namesake of her moniker in earnest. Mutants, new mutants especially, tended to be alone and afraid when they developed. A forceful approach would have been wrong. Her soul might've been tainted, but she couldn't keep her heart from feeling sympathy.

Well boo hoo her patience meter was up. :|

Harley found herself jarringly going from falling to floating then to falling again. Illyana's posture righted in midair so her feet were pointing towards the ground and their downwards momentum stopped sans any impact, and with arms outstretched and aglow with arcane energies the mutant gracefully levitated herself back up for the ledge again. Harley's ascent, meanwhile, was anything but graceful, more like a bungee jump gone wrong as she got snared by those same energies, roughly tossed up over the edge and bowled across the tiles again to clonk right back up against the same wall she hit when they first materialized here. This time, though, a purple swirl of energy kicked up around her and a multitude of chains shot out from miniature pools of the same color that suddenly dotted the wall and tiles, seeking to bind her in place without room to so much as wiggle as etched runes glowed softly across the chainlinks.

SjDoGhv.png

"Never place your hands on me like that again unless I allow it."

Illyana's voice was darker but somehow smaller than usual, her eyes boring holes in Harley's skull as she landed a short distance in front of her. Brief as it had been, that exchange had involved far too much grappling and far too little mobility. It reminded her of the beatings she endured in Limbo. She was seven.

"I pitied you but I am out of patience. You're limber and superhumanly annoying, but that does not make you a mutant. We're supposed to be tactful when we do this. I tried discretion, I tried forcing your hand, now I'm just gonna ask. Are you the one I was sent here to help or not?"

She crossed her arms, still glowering about one thing or another.

"And be honest. I'll know if you're not. I have been places more dangerous than New York, myshka, and you really don't wanna see what we do to our enemies instead of "whipped cream and zip ties"."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

"I said we have a busy day. Breakfast is ready and on the kitchen table. You're about my niece's size, so I laid out a shirt and pants of hers in the bathroom. Next thing is you're going to get yourself a shower, then we're gonna get you checked into a place I know. You'll have breakfast and dinner every day, a roof over your head and a nice bed to sleep on. Your own room and everything. Plus, it's no stranger to having... special people like yourself stay there. Miss Whitmore runs a nice place." Misty replied, then just marched herself into the kitchen. "I dunno about you, but I like eating my eggs while they're still warm

Looking down and rubbing her flat stomach the girl stretched "Im not that hungry to be honest. I think I ate to much last night and my stomach hurts actually." Azalia grumbled out. She was thankful for breakfast to say the least but she didn't know if she could handle anymore food... especially things she hadn't eaten in a long time. Getting up she wanted to hug the lady but, she felt she was already imposing far to much with being here. "Ill go get a shower... I apologize for not eating but I don't want to get sick. Bad things happen when I get really worked up." Azalia said honestly. The last thing she wanted was a mass of rabbits to show up and start tearing everything up.

Going and taking a shower it was the one thing the girl made sure she did as often as possible. While she didn't eat much she found ways to keep herself as clean as possible. But, a hot shower was a luxury and the girl took advantage of it, perhaps to much. Emerging from a steam covered bathroom nearly fourty minutes later the girl smelled like flowers and honey. It was obvious that it left a major impression on the girl as she seemed to almost float across the floor. Dressed and ready enough for the world she stretched and smiled widely "Sorry, I love warm showers." Azalia blushed as she spoke. "I really appreciate this. I mean I really do." she continued on. She didn't have much luck with people helping in the past so this way entirely new.​

Reactions: Michale CS
"Sorry, I love warm showers." Azalia blushed as she spoke. "I really appreciate this. I mean I really do." she continued on. She didn't have much luck with people helping in the past so this way entirely new.
During that long shower, Misty had taken the other plate of scrambled eggs and stuck them between a couple of english muffins, wrapping them up and putting them in a zip bag. She'd send them along with Azalia later when they went to the Whitmore.

"Girl, I love me a long shower too. Good thing my pitching arm doesn't rust or it woulda fallen off already! We haven't had much of a proper introduction. Stick didn't even tell me your name when he dropped you off last night." Misty extended her hand, not the metal one this time, to shake. "I'm Misty Knight. Technically Detective Misty Knight, but I head up the Metahuman Relations division here in Harlem, so I do a lot more hand shaking than handcuffing lately."

@Angelic Fusion

"Like, they're everywhere man, the supers. If anyone has seen anything, they have. And it's not just the Purple Dragons that are acting up. It's like everything got turned upside down recently. There's some big move that someone is planning and Turtle Titan and his sidekick Perpetually Angry Dude - psst, that's you by the way - are gonna find the answers!"

He flicked the channel. "Here you go, bro." Mikey stood up as on the screen, a couple of masked fighters squared off on screen. "Luche Libre!"

@Nomad-22

Raph rolled his eyes at the first words coming out of his brother's mouth. Typical. Another round of hero worship from Reverend Mikey.

He thought to himself sarcastically. If the big supers really were capable of seeing everything how come they haven't done more to prevent crime? Strange enough however, the more Mikey spoke, the more Raph listen and grew curious. It's true, the criminal element in New York were becoming more and more aggressive, in spite of the opposition. A ninja must learn the intentions and secrets of his enemies, by any means in order to defeat them.

Perhaps the 'super' connection could be of use, then Mikey said the s-word...sidekick!

Growling in annoyance, Raphael was about to slap the backside of his bro's head when the self-proclaimed Turtle Titan snatched the remote, got up and and switch the channel to one with masked wrestlers. For once Mikey did something he can appreciated tonight. Pausing, the red themed ninja displayed a competitive grin and cracked his hands together, muttering.

"Oh it's so on little brother."

Without further warning, Raph jump off the sofa and tackled Mikey, wrestling and rolling with him across the floor.

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
"-YOU ARE AN IDIOT!"

Magik finally bellowed out as soon as her jaw was released, right before she flipped over the side of the roof. Which was all she really, desperately needed to say right then, given the list of non-verbal incantations she knew that could've put the kibosh on this squalling jackdaw's writhing was as long her stupid, anacondic legs apparently were. And yes. She made damn sure to wrench Harley straight off the roof by her ankle along with her.

Up to now some painful sense of moral obligation, no doubt instilled by her brother or someone equally silly, had held her back from truly demonstrating the namesake of her moniker in earnest. Mutants, new mutants especially, tended to be alone and afraid when they developed. A forceful approach would have been wrong. Her soul might've been tainted, but she couldn't keep her heart from feeling sympathy.

Well boo hoo her patience meter was up. :|

Harley found herself jarringly going from falling to floating then to falling again. Illyana's posture righted in midair so her feet were pointing towards the ground and their downwards momentum stopped sans any impact, and with arms outstretched and aglow with arcane energies the mutant gracefully levitated herself back up for the ledge again. Harley's ascent, meanwhile, was anything but graceful, more like a bungee jump gone wrong as she got snared by those same energies, roughly tossed up over the edge and bowled across the tiles again to clonk right back up against the same wall she hit when they first materialized here. This time, though, a purple swirl of energy kicked up around her and a multitude of chains shot out from miniature pools of the same color that suddenly dotted the wall and tiles, seeking to bind her in place without room to so much as wiggle as etched runes glowed softly across the chainlinks.​
"-NO YOU- ack!"

She flailed in the air as she lost basically all control of where she was going and what she was doing, and let out a pained grimace when she was smacked into the wall. Again. she immediately tried to roll to the side, but by that point the chains had snapped around her and there wasn't much she could do other than glower at her apparent captor.​
SjDoGhv.png

"Never place your hands on me like that again unless I allow it."

Illyana's voice was darker but somehow smaller than usual, her eyes boring holes in Harley's skull as she landed a short distance in front of her. Brief as it had been, that exchange had involved far too much grappling and far too little mobility. It reminded her of the beatings she endured in Limbo. She was seven.

Harley smirked and rolled her eyes as she said "Oh, are we makin reasonable demands now? Cuz I'd like to not be kidnapped. And thirty dollars, but that's optional. I guess" She cracked her neck to one side and then the other before she continued, her voice changed slightly. " An' maybe you shouldn't be so quick to throw yourself into situations that might trigger your PTSD, tooskie. Actual advice, not me tryin' to be sassy. Professionalism n' all. That outta the way..."
"I pitied you but I am out of patience. You're limber and superhumanly annoying, but that does not make you a mutant. We're supposed to be tactful when we do this. I tried discretion, I tried forcing your hand, now I'm just gonna ask. Are you the one I was sent here to help or not?"

She crossed her arms, still glowering about one thing or another.

"And be honest. I'll know if you're not. I have been places more dangerous than New York, myshka, and you really don't wanna see what we do to our enemies instead of "whipped cream and zip ties"."
She just stared.

"... holy skewed investagative' tactics, are ya tellin me that you dragged my bleached behind up here, threatened me with demons straight outta hellraiser or the icky side of anime, threatened me then tied me up, and you expect me ta' answer that hairbrained question?!" She snorted before she continued. "I watch the news an' I know people tooskie, an' I know that there's plenty of people who got it out for the poor muties. You expect me to just admit that off hand to someone as loony as you??? No thank you, I like bein' not dead." She shook her head and stared right back up into those dark, pissed off eyes.

"An' between you and me, I came from somewhere that makes New York look like applie pie n' sunshine. And tooskie, you should see what we do to our friends there."

"Oh it's so on little brother."

Without further warning, Raph jump off the sofa and tackled Mikey, wrestling and rolling with him across the floor.
"Oh so you want some of this, bro? Hah!" After a few rolls across the floor, he managed to snag a half-eaten paper tray of cinnamon rolls from earlier that day and shoved them into Raph's face. "Maybe that'll sweeten your disposition!"

Of course a bit more tussling later and he ended up in the corner with Raph on top. Until Mikey put on a horrified face. "Master Splinter!" he said suddenly. Presuming that got any kind of reaction at all from his brother, he'd use that to dance out from under Raph and bolt for the exit.

"I'll see you later, sweet cheeks!" He said, ducking a thrown roll and dashing out of the lair.

Thing is, Mikey wasn't lying.

A somber-looking Sensei stood there, observing. "We need to speak, Raphael. And not about..." he moved his staff and sent a cinnamon roll bouncing. "...pastries."

@Nomad-22

Reactions: Nomad-22
Status
Not open for further replies.