3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
sol4oHR.jpg

Hub City. Not exactly the pride and joy of Illinois. One thing you can say about the people here though.
They're adaptable. Of all of the cities since the 'change' that some people talk about openly and most just try to ignore, the people of Hub City have embraced it the most readily. You can walk down the street in a costume and no one even bats an eye anymore. Trouble is, no one really cares, either.
If you've got money, it spends the same whether or not you're in a cop's uniform or a business suit or spandex. And that's what's really king here. Money talks and everything else walks.
Still, there are some here trying to make it a better place. Losing battle if you ask most. You're welcome to your crusades, as long as you keep them away from the average person who wants to keep their head down and go on with their life. Just never ask for an extention on paying the rent because you lost your job due to you being late for work on that little crusade of yours. World's smallest violin here. Playing just for you.

Like what you see? Join Epic Crossover to join in!​

"You can't get there from here. At least my Storybrooke. Ichabod Crane? Bet he has nothing on The Chernabog. Anyway, I thought I was going from the Land Without Magic to... home, when I left my Storybrooke, but I ended up in a different Storybrooke, one where it wasn't... quite, without it? The path back was sealed, so I decided this place was better than being constantly involved in curses and rewriting of reality... and stayed." She told it with a straight face.

"Okay, you didn't laugh and you don't have the I think you're crazy look on your face so I guess you believed me." Scarlette popped open the soda and took a sip. "So what's your deal? Werewolf? Cause, I'll let you know now, I've had a few run ins with them before. And here I am, head still attached and everything." She seemed very casual about mentioning that and not worried at all that he might actually be a werewolf, which spoke to her confidence in either his 'goodness' or her ability to take care of herself against wolves, or both.

@thatguyinthestore
Bigby nodded. "Mmhmmm. Of course I believe you. I left Fabletown for more or less the same reason. I was the Sheriff there. But people were terrified of me. Even when I do what they want me to do, they don't care. They hold me accountable for things I did years and years ago. Some people were still on my side like Snow and Collin. But for the most part, no one cared. So that's why I left Fabletown. I wanted to go back to my own world, The Homelands. But instead I ended up in this shit town."

The wolf took a sip out of the beer. "But it's not too bad. I have my own detective agency here. I run my own life instead of having a set schedule." When asked about the wolf thing, Bigby let out a heavy sigh. Might as well come clean now. "Red, I'm not just any wolf. I'm The Big Bad Wolf." He held up a hand so he could explain himself. "But I am truly sorry for what I did. Since then I've walked away from my petty need for revenge on my father. I was young and stupid back then. I understand if you don't forgive me, I don't blame you. I just wanted you to know that I'm sorry."

@Michale CS

Last edited:
Coming back to Nate, Wendy's eyes were red and faded as she continued their conversation. "Where were we?"
"As you said, set up a practice in Hub City. Lots of people who end up with gifts either want them refined, or removed. I have the resources to do either. Of course, on the face of it, I'm going to be running a tattoo parlor, as the refinement and removal of such things haven't quite passed muster with the AMA or FDA just yet as anything other than experimental and although not illegal, they're certainly not held in high regard by my esteemed colleagues on the East Coast. Hence, I am here." Nate never skipped a beat. Watching her abilities was something as casual as watching someone watering their lawn. Even other patrons used to Wendy would give a stare for a moment when she did her thing as bouncer, or pointedly look the other way to avoid her wrath.

@Ms.Ezra

Might as well come clean now. "Red, I'm not just any wolf. I'm The Big Bad Wolf." He held up a hand so he could explain himself. "But I am truly sorry for what I did. Since then I've switched away my petty need for revenge on my father. I was young and stupid back then. I understand if you don't forgive me, I don't blame you. I just wanted you to know that I'm sorry."
"Bigby, you're not my Big Bad. I killed him. Took his head off with an axe. That's pretty permanent last I checked, even for your kind. My need for vengeance died with him." She shrugged and sipped at her drink again.

"For what it's worth, I wish my Big Bad had changed his ways like you say you have. No matter how many times you kill, you can't ever quite forgive yourself for doing it, if there's any speck of good in you. Listen... I know I make my living singing here... but... I take care of things for people. Nasty things that the cops won't touch, if you follow. On my off hours." She dug a card out from her purse. Her hand seemed to go in... a lot deeper than it should have in that purse, and handed it to him. "I live on Forest Avenue, near Basket Lane. Yeah I picked the area on purpose. Sentimental reasons, maybe. You ever need that kind of help in your business, you give me a call. I don't do that kind of work for pay. Only to do some good after the bad I've done in my life."

@thatguyinthestore

"Bigby, you're not my Big Bad. I killed him. Took his head off with an axe. That's pretty permanent last I checked, even for your kind. My need for vengeance died with him." She shrugged and sipped at her drink again.

"For what it's worth, I wish my Big Bad had changed his ways like you say you have. No matter how many times you kill, you can't ever quite forgive yourself for doing it, if there's any speck of good in you. Listen... I know I make my living singing here... but... I take care of things for people. Nasty things that the cops won't touch, if you follow. On my off hours." She dug a card out from her purse. Her hand seemed to go in... a lot deeper than it should have in that purse, and handed it to him. "I live on Forest Avenue, near Basket Lane. Yeah I picked the area on purpose. Sentimental reasons, maybe. You ever need that kind of help in your business, you give me a call. I don't do that kind of work for pay. Only to do some good after the bad I've done in my life."

@thatguyinthestore
Bigby took the card and looked it over with a nod. "Y'know, I did say before that I have a Private Detection Agency here in Hub City. If you want, you could be a part of it with me. I mean I'd pay you a fair days pay, and you'd be getting payed for doing something that it appears you like doing anyways."

@Michale CS

"Oh yes, this city is filled with people willing to look the other way. It's why I settled here and not that 'New York' where I came ashore. Has some of the grit I grew up with, but too damn worried about paperwork and regulations. Probably close as I'll ever get to Basin City." Wendy said with a far off look to her eyes.

"You look capable of handling yourself, but I like to offer my services to all local business owners." She finished her cig and tamped out any remaining embers on her hand before flicking it into the garbage can behind the bar. She looked at Nate and smiled while writing her number down on a bar napkin, which she handed to him. "You need some pretty muscle around, you call me. Maybe work out a deal." She stood and traced a line across her back just below her bra line. "I've been thinking to get my name across here. So when I toss a jerk out or leave them in the street, they know who just beat their ass. What do you think?"

@Michale CS

• Useful
Reactions: Michale CS
"Oh yes, this city is filled with people willing to look the other way. It's why I settled here and not that 'New York' where I came ashore. Has some of the grit I grew up with, but too damn worried about paperwork and regulations. Probably close as I'll ever get to Basin City." Wendy said with a far off look to her eyes.

"You look capable of handling yourself, but I like to offer my services to all local business owners." She finished her cig and tamped out any remaining embers on her hand before flicking it into the garbage can behind the bar. She looked at Nate and smiled while writing her number down on a bar napkin, which she handed to him. "You need some pretty muscle around, you call me. Maybe work out a deal." She stood and traced a line across her back just below her bra line. "I've been thinking to get my name across here. So when I toss a jerk out or leave them in the street, they know who just beat their ass. What do you think?"

@Michale CS
"I think... now and again I could use an extra hand, Wendy." He finished his drink and tucked away the number. "I'll be in touch." As almost an afterthought, he dug a card out of his pocket. It was garish and multicolored and everything you'd expect a card for a tattoo artist to be. "My business address is on here, and the number."

Nate flipped it over, borrowed the pen Wendy had used and wrote a number on the back. "That's my personal number. People like us... those with a bit extra, we sometimes have need of company. Company that doesn't break as easily, if you follow. Totally optional. We can just be business partners, maybe shoot the breeze now and then." He handed her the card, and with his other hand gripped her shoulder. Just hard enough to let her know that he wasn't the kind of company that broke easily, but not hard enough to cause anything close to pain for someone of her caliber.

Nate stood up. "You take care of yourself, Wendy. I need to get to work. This time of night is prime time for tattoos." He gave her a little salute but didn't leave yet. He was a gentleman, he would wait for her to say her goodbyes first.

@Ms.Ezra

Bigby took the card and looked it over with a nod. "Y'know, I did say before that I have a Private Detection Agency here in Hub City. If you want, you could be a part of it with me. I mean I'd pay you a fair days pay, and you'd be getting payed for doing something that it appears you like doing anyways."

@Michale CS
She drew in her breath deeply in a sort of hiss. "Thing is, I really love singing too. I'll talk to my boss, get less engagements. I'll tell him I got a beau and he wants to take care of me. He'll buy that. Once I lighten my schedule, I'll help out. But I'm not just going to be some Girl Friday, answering your phones and filing papers. I want to be out there with you, doing. Got me?"

@thatguyinthestore

"That's my personal number. People like us... those with a bit extra, we sometimes have need of company. Company that doesn't break as easily, if you follow. Totally optional. We can just be business partners, maybe shoot the breeze now and then."
Wendy accepted the card and raised a brow along with a corner of her black lips while putting the card in her pocket.

"You take care of yourself, Wendy. I need to get to work. This time of night is prime time for tattoos."
"Tell.You.What." She reached up and stoked his chin. "This place closes at 1. I'm gonna come by your place, and you can get a better look at the canvas you'll have to work with." She went in and whispered in his ear so he'd hear over the music. "Take as loooong as you need."

Wendy stepped away without another word and sauntered over to a guy reaching out for one of the dancers. All it took was seeing her coming for him to stop and sit back like a good little boyscout. She pat him on the head as she passed, going for the boss's office to tell him she'd be taking some additional work outside the club.

She drew in her breath deeply in a sort of hiss. "Thing is, I really love singing too. I'll talk to my boss, get less engagements. I'll tell him I got a beau and he wants to take care of me. He'll buy that. Once I lighten my schedule, I'll help out. But I'm not just going to be some Girl Friday, answering your phones and filing papers. I want to be out there with you, doing. Got me?"

@thatguyinthestore
Bigby nodded at her request. "Will do." He said before taking another sip of the drink.

@Michale CS

Wendy accepted the card and raised a brow along with a corner of her black lips while putting the card in her pocket.

"Tell.You.What." She reached up and stoked his chin. "This place closes at 1. I'm gonna come by your place, and you can get a better look at the canvas you'll have to work with." She went in and whispered in his ear so he'd hear over the music. "Take as loooong as you need."

Wendy stepped away without another word and sauntered over to a guy reaching out for one of the dancers. All it took was seeing her coming for him to stop and sit back like a good little boyscout. She pat him on the head as she passed, going for the boss's office to tell him she'd be taking some additional work outside the club.

Nate smiled and gave Wendy a deep nod as he prepared to leave. "Im looking forward to it."

Funny how that works out. One monochromatic person meets another only a few weeks after arriving in town. If she didn't want his modifications, well he'd have a canvas... And maybe something more.

Perhaps she'd be amenable to helping him with his practice, too.

It wasn't long before he'd departed and gone to his shop, Sinister Tattoos, to take over from his assistant.

She put a lot of people off at first, but her beauty made people get over the fact that Spiral had six arms really quickly. She could work on very complex Tattoos very quickly with the extra limbs. Even the emo-goth outfits and fauxhawk were easily accepted once you realized she had like three person's worth of tattoos on her. That was respect right there.

"Boss. You look like the cat who ate the canary. Good night out?"

"You could say that. Take a lunch, Spi."

She chuckled - "Can I at least see this one?"

"Sure. She may help us in procurement."

"Cool. We could use a couple extra hands around here."

@Ms.Ezra

"See ya tomorrow ladies." Wendy said and waved to the girls as they all left Good Vibes through the back door.

"Damn girl, put on a coat." said one as she passed her. Wendy laughed off her comment. "I don't mind cold Celia. You just make it home safe."

She walked the streets of Hub City as a lone speck of black and white in a sea of color. Only occasionally did somone turn their head to be sure they'd seen her correcty. It was something she had gotten used to quickly. Decking random strangers didn't do her any good.

"Sinister Tattoos. Nice Name." Wendy commented as she approached the shop and came in, the little bell announcing her arrival. For the moment it appeared there weren't any customers, or Nate himself in sight, so she occupied her moments alone with checking out the pictures of tattoos the shop had already done. Shops came and went at such a pace, it was no wonder she hadn't seen this one before.

@Michale CS

"See ya tomorrow ladies." Wendy said and waved to the girls as they all left Good Vibes through the back door.

"Damn girl, put on a coat." said one as she passed her. Wendy laughed off her comment. "I don't mind cold Celia. You just make it home safe."

She walked the streets of Hub City as a lone speck of black and white in a sea of color. Only occasionally did somone turn their head to be sure they'd seen her correcty. It was something she had gotten used to quickly. Decking random strangers didn't do her any good.

"Sinister Tattoos. Nice Name." Wendy commented as she approached the shop and came in, the little bell announcing her arrival. For the moment it appeared there weren't any customers, or Nate himself in sight, so she occupied her moments alone with checking out the pictures of tattoos the shop had already done. Shops came and went at such a pace, it was no wonder she hadn't seen this one before.

@Michale CS
Nate came out of the back, as did Spiral.

"Nate, leave it to you to find a gal as pale as you are. No offense honey. I'm not going to avoid attention any time soon."
Spiral commented, waving her many hands.

"Don't be crass, Spiral. Evening, Wendy. Good to see you came in tonight."
He moved over to her grinning.

@Ms.Ezra

Nate, leave it to you to find a gal as pale as you are. No offense honey. I'm not going to avoid attention any time soon."
"None taken. I don't mind it." Wendy took in the many-armed woman with a bemused smile. "You'd make a killing selling your time to men who like to get spanked." she said to show she didn't shy away from the crass. She turned he attention to Nate.

"More like good morning, but thanks anyway Ivy League." She looked from him to Spiral, and back "So. I wasn't aware this'd be a menage a trois. I charge for that, just so ya know."

• Love
"None taken. I don't mind it." Wendy took in the many-armed woman with a bemused smile. "You'd make a killing selling your time to men who like to get spanked." she said to show she didn't shy away from the crass. She turned he attention to Nate.

"More like good morning, but thanks anyway Ivy League." She looked from him to Spiral, and back "So. I wasn't aware this'd be a menage a trois. I charge for that, just so ya know."
"No, she's not into that. She's more... Esoteric than that." He chuckled.

"He's right. I can hold down the fort here. I'm in into more restrictive things than usual. But I'll take a raincheck."
Spiral added.

@Ms.Ezra

"So... You and your Red... Bad blood?" Scarlette asked.

@thatguyinthestore
Bigby let out a sigh and nodded. "Yeah, not a ton of people really got over the things I did in the Homelands. Red wasn't really an exception. I mean some people did, though. Snow and Collin for instance."

@Michale CS

"No, she's not into that. She's more... Esoteric than that." He chuckled.

"He's right. I can hold down the fort here. I'm in into more restrictive things than usual. But I'll take a raincheck."
Spiral added.
"I might hold you to that." Wendy winked at Spiral.

"Shall me?" She asked Nate holding out her hand.

@Michale CS

Nate Heywood wasn't sure how he had wound in Hub City. Luckily, he had his money on him, but he was alone. It felt weird to be without the Legends. He had gotten used to the team. He was currently in his human form. He really hoped he didn't find trouble as he looked for a place to stay or eat.

@Michale CS

Bigby let out a sigh and nodded. "Yeah, not a ton of people really got over the things I did in the Homelands. Red wasn't really an exception. I mean some people did, though. Snow and Collin for instance."

@Michale CS
"Guess what? No one in Hub gives a shit about what you did before you got here, in case you haven't got the memo. Neither do I. What matters to me is that... when stuff goes bump in the night in Hub? I wanna be one of the ones who's bumping back. Listen, I have two more sets to do tonight. I'll call you tomorrow afternoon and we'll talk." She took a deep drink of the soda and set it aside, standing up. "Since I've waved you into VIP you can relax here, or go back out and watch me - or just go on your merry way. Makes me no nevermind. But I can promise you we'll talk tomorrow, Bigby."

Scarlette went to the door. "But do yourself a favor. Don't hang onto guilt. Slows you down in a fight."

@thatguyinthestore

"I might hold you to that." Wendy winked at Spiral.

"Shall me?" She asked Nate holding out her hand.

@Michale CS
Nate took her hand and walked her back to the rear of the parlor, to where he had a nice comfy cushioned massage table. Straps hung from the sides in places. Not terribly unusual, restraining someone for an especially detailed tattoo wasn't too uncommon, right?

He closed the door, cutting the area off from the rest of the parlor. "You're lucky you got in here before 2:30. That's my busy time. Once the bars let out, everyone and their brother who got dared to get a tattoo after closing time rumbles in here. And, if they've got enough money in their pockets to pay for it, I tattoo whatever nonsense they want on them."

He went to a fridge in the back, swinging the door open. It was well stocked with beer, and those tiny bottles of booze you found in hotels and at the counters in the liquor stores - some people needed liquid courage to get a tattoo. "Anything you'd like? Also, is this visit more business, or pleasure?"

Status
Not open for further replies.