3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
sol4oHR.jpg

Hub City. Not exactly the pride and joy of Illinois. One thing you can say about the people here though.
They're adaptable. Of all of the cities since the 'change' that some people talk about openly and most just try to ignore, the people of Hub City have embraced it the most readily. You can walk down the street in a costume and no one even bats an eye anymore. Trouble is, no one really cares, either.
If you've got money, it spends the same whether or not you're in a cop's uniform or a business suit or spandex. And that's what's really king here. Money talks and everything else walks.
Still, there are some here trying to make it a better place. Losing battle if you ask most. You're welcome to your crusades, as long as you keep them away from the average person who wants to keep their head down and go on with their life. Just never ask for an extention on paying the rent because you lost your job due to you being late for work on that little crusade of yours. World's smallest violin here. Playing just for you.

Like what you see? Join Epic Crossover to join in!​

Come on down to Old Town in Hub City, and you'll get some culture. It won't be the high-class dining and entertainment culture, mind you. More like a culture of hedonism that would have done Ancient Rome proud. At a joint named Good Vibes, folks could sit down and take in any one of the lovely ladies and men who took the stages with a cold drink, and passably edible fried foods. The music was as eclectic as the clientele and dancers, and so long as you followed the rules it was nothing but a good time for everyone.

Of course you can't trust everyone to follow the rules. And that's why Wyld Wendy was able to make her living off her back. In a town with more visible oddities than most, it was hard to stand out. Even more so if you only stood at 5'2" and 110lbs soaking wet like she did. But she did, and it only started with the plain fact she was the only monochromatic being to be found anywhere. Her stark white skin was the first thing people took notice of when she came in asking for work. The second was how, despite all appearance, she was able to drop a man twice her size with one hand while the other lit her cigarette. The third, were those eyes when she flexed her strength. They became bright red.

She had come in calling herself 'Wyld Wendy' and folks laughed it off. Until they saw she was very wild because nothing seemed to give her pause. Some bigshot came in, thinking the rules didn't apply to him because he threw money in everyone's face? Didn't matter to Wendy. She'd pick him up by the collar and toss him right out the front door even after taking the money. She had even less respect for a badge than most to boot, so if people came flashing their badges asking questions, the manager tended to steer them away from Wendy and act as the middle man if they absolutely had to ask her something.

Tonight was quiet. Relatively. The music was bumping, the dancers grinding, clients paying for attention, and Wendy hung out by the stairs that went up into the private dance rooms. The embers of her cig were brighter and momentarily lit her lips when she took a deep drag in the dark of the club. She was so relaxed her leaned against the railing, moving her hips and shoulders to the music.

Even in another universe, she still made her living and had her fun in Old Town. She thought of Hub City to be better than Basin City could hope to become, so she wasn't in a hurry to get home even if she did feel the heartache of being away from her only family every day.

Booze didn't get her drunk like it used to, but enough helped.

R42q3AZ.jpg

Even in another universe, she still made her living and had her fun in Old Town. She thought of Hub City to be better than Basin City could hope to become, so she wasn't in a hurry to get home even if she did feel the heartache of being away from her only family every day.

Booze didn't get her drunk like it used to, but enough helped.

In a world of unusual, it takes a bit more than that to stand out. But this guy did. Some sort of red diamond on his forehead, absence of pupils, and tattoos of a rather neon variety. He sidled up to the bar and ordered a drink, but really didn't seem to be paying a lot of attention to it. It was hard to tell without pupils, but the man seemed to be scanning the room like he was looking for someone.

His hollow gaze fell on Wendy for a moment and he twitched a smile, raising his glass to her before turning to lean against the bar, watching the act on stage.

@Ms.Ezra

His hollow gaze fell on Wendy for a moment and he twitched a smile, raising his glass to her before turning to lean against the bar, watching the act on stage.
Due to the tattoos, Wendy couldn't help but to have been looking at the newcomer when he also looked at her. She only took her cig out and raised that in response to his raised glass and had a drag. After a couple minutes of looking at the guy, she sauntered over to get herself a drink.

"Tall glass of apple ale." Wendy said, standing next to the guy and leaning over the counter. When given her drink, she turned around and also leaned back on the bar like him.

"Where ya get those?" She asked tracing one of his tattoos and giving him eyes over her glass. "Wouldn't mind getting some serious color on this skin of mine."

"Where ya get those?" She asked tracing one of his tattoos and giving him eyes over her glass. "Wouldn't mind getting some serious color on this skin of mine."
"Rite of passage. My father, if you can believe that, helped me with them. I know how to make them though, myself. They're a bit out of the standard, as you can well see." That voice was as smooth as congac and twice as addictive. He set down his drink behind him easily and turned his eyes to Wendy. If you looked closely enough, the guy did have pupils, they're just really close to his milky white eye color.

"But I'm being rude. Nathaniel Essex, the second. But most people who like me call me Nate. I'll leave that up to you, miss."

@Ms.Ezra

So this was it. Detective Bigby, better known as the Big Bad Wolf, had opened up a detective agency here in Hub City. It was better than being the sheriff of Fabletown, mainly because here at least everyone couldn't hold him accountable for his actions when he went by The Big Bad Wolf because of the fact that no one knew him here. It paid more than Sheriff ever did, and best of all he wasn't under the employment of that scumbag Crane.

He got to wake up when he wanted to, sleep when he wanted to, and get drunk when he wanted to. Life was good for the Wolf, one could say. And he honestly believed that too. He had just wrapped up another case that he had been working on for about a day or two. Some guy took this lady's purse in the middle of the street and, of course, she came to Bigby seeking help. Turned out the perp was just some scumbag trying to make some money. No surprise there.

So to celebrate his- what was it? 20th? 21st? Somewhere around there solved case, he decided to go celebrate at some club named "Good Vibes." While he wasn't ever too fond of clubs like this, he'd grown used to him after the whole Crooked Man incident. Since then the Trip Trap has closed due to the fact that not only was the owner dead, but also because of the fact that he was working with the Crooked Man and the whole "These lips are sealed" thing going public. Once Fabletown found out about it, Snow immediately closed down the bar for good.

But here he was now. In some club that was way too loud for his liking, but he was already here so why the hell not? Bigby approached the bar and sat beside Essex and Wendy, only offering them a slight wave before turning to the bartender and ordering a simple glass of whiskey.

@Michale CS @Ms.Ezra

Last edited:
"But I'm being rude. Nathaniel Essex, the second. But most people who like me call me Nate. I'll leave that up to you, miss."
"Wyld Wendy, but just Wendy if you prefer." Wendy winked at him and slowly downed the tall glass of ale, turning around to ask for antother while wiping her lips. Since the act smeared her black lipstick, she took her mirror out of the tight pants she wore and talked to him while reapplying it.

"You a newcomer? I'd have seen those tats before. I'm the bouncer around here, so it's my business to know people."

@Michale CS

"Wyld Wendy, but just Wendy if you prefer." Wendy winked at him and slowly downed the tall glass of ale, turning around to ask for antother while wiping her lips. Since the act smeared her black lipstick, she took her mirror out of the tight pants she wore and talked to him while reapplying it.

"You a newcomer? I'd have seen those tats before. I'm the bouncer around here, so it's my business to know people."

@Michale CS
"Wendy. As in Wendy Darling, the real heroine of Peter Pan. Enchantee'. I'm just in from Connecticut. Finished up some schooling. Father's orders. But, Masters' obtained, and I thought it was time I struck out on my own. Trying not to live under his very long, dark and sinister shadow..." he turned his left arm to reveal the word "Sinister" was one of the tattoos on his arm. And was it chance that a set of tattoos on his rightarm seemed to glow slightly? Probably not as he briefly inclined his head at the big man who sat near them at the bar. A slight raise of the eyebrow and he continued.

"I suppose it is fate that I am destined to meet very special people this evening, isn't it? What was that Chinese saying? May you live in interesting times?" He grinned and it was one part smile and one part predation. "And if it's color you want, dear, I am certain you and I could work a little something out. I'm a biologist and one of the few men to have a degree in parabiology as well. The study of those who just have a little something extra, you might say..."

@Ms.Ezra @thatguyinthestore

Normally Bigby wouldn't have paid the two anymore attention to than he did. But then the name Wendy Darling had been mentioned. He had heard the name before, though he'd never met her in person. He looked up at her from his glass of whiskey.

"Sorry, but did you say Wendy Darling? As in the one from Peter Pan?" Bigby asked before raising a hand, obviously offering a hand shake. "I'm Bigby. Bigby Wolf."

@Michale CS @Ms.Ezra

"Wendy. As in Wendy Darling, the real heroine of Peter Pan. Enchantee'. I'm just in from Connecticut. Finished up some schooling. Father's orders. But, Masters' obtained, and I thought it was time I struck out on my own. Trying not to live under his very long, dark and sinister shadow..." he turned his left arm to reveal the word "Sinister" was one of the tattoos on his arm. And was it chance that a set of tattoos on his rightarm seemed to glow slightly? Probably not as he briefly inclined his head at the big man who sat near them at the bar. A slight raise of the eyebrow and he continued.

"I suppose it is fate that I am destined to meet very special people this evening, isn't it? What was that Chinese saying? May you live in interesting times?" He grinned and it was one part smile and one part predation. "And if it's color you want, dear, I am certain you and I could work a little something out. I'm a biologist and one of the few men to have a degree in parabiology as well. The study of those who just have a little something extra, you might say..."

"Ivy league? I can hear it in your voice." Wendy drank her ale and lit another cigarette while listening to Nathan. At the offer to get some color, which implied more than what she would ever consent to, she shook her head. "Big pass on that Nate. I'm looking to get some ink, or whatever it is that glows on yours. I'm not getting strapped to a table."

"Sorry, but did you say Wendy Darling? As in the one from Peter Pan?" Bigby asked before raising a hand, obviously offering a hand shake. "I'm Bigby. Bigby Wolf."
"Nice to meetcha, Wolf." Wendy shook his hand then rolled her eyes. "And this Wendy Darling you all heard about? I never heard of her and I'm sure neither did my Momma. No Peter Pan where I come from."

@Michale CS
@thatguyinthestore

"Ivy league? I can hear it in your voice." Wendy drank her ale and lit another cigarette while listening to Nathan. At the offer to get some color, which implied more than what she would ever consent to, she shook her head. "Big pass on that Nate. I'm looking to get some ink, or whatever it is that glows on yours. I'm not getting strapped to a table."

He held up his hands in surrender. "Guilty as charged. Yale. And I was just offering the treatment, Wendy. I'm not Doctor Frankenstein. They do have him where you come from, hm?"

He turned his attention to Bigby. "You know, there was another gal around here that you might have a little bit in common with. Redhead, usually wears a cloak in public. She had a sort of similar... Feel to her as I get from you."

He tapped the little jewel on his forehead.
"Legacy from my father. Lets me know little insights on folks. Can't turn it off even if I tried. Anyway, this gal, she works as a torch singer. Saw her in the joint I was in last night, the Blue Moon. Goes by the name Scarlette Rider."

"Nice to meetcha, Wolf." Wendy shook his hand then rolled her eyes. "And this Wendy Darling you all heard about? I never heard of her and I'm sure neither did my Momma. No Peter Pan where I come from."

@Michale CS
@thatguyinthestore
He shook her hand and nodded. "That's a shame. He does exist in my world, though." The wolf then took another sip from the whiskey before turning to Essex.
He turned his attention to Bigby. "You know, there was another gal around here that you might have a little bit in common with. Redhead, usually wears a cloak in public. She had a sort of similar... Feel to her as I get from you."

He tapped the little jewel on his forehead. "Legacy from my father. Lets me know little insights on folks. Can't turn it off even if I tried. Anyway, this gal, she works as a torch singer. Saw her in the joint I was in last night, the Blue Moon. Goes by the name Scarlette Rider."

Bigby rose a brow when he heard that Red was here as well. As far as he knew, he was the only person from Fabletown who ended up here. Was Snow here as well? Or Collin? If that was the case, his stay in Hub City wouldn't be as hunky dory as he thought it would be.

Taking one last ship out of the glass, Bigby stood up and nodded to the two. "Thanks for the info. You two have a good night." He said with a half fake smile before walking out of the club and heading to the Blue Moon.

The Blue Moon
Bigby soon arrived at the joint via a cab. The place was your average run of the mill strip club. Or at least, that's as it appeared. "This better not be another Georgie situation..." Bigby muttered under his breath as he walked in.

As he entered the club, the smell of alcohol and the sounds of loud music immediately enveloped the room. He then approached one of the waitresses/strippers and looked her over. "Excuse me, miss. Could you please direct me to Scarlette Rider?"

@Michale CS

The Blue Moon
Bigby soon arrived at the joint via a cab. The place was your average run of the mill strip club. Or at least, that's as it appeared. "This better not be another Georgie situation..." Bigby muttered under his breath as he walked in.

As he entered the club, the smell of alcohol and the sounds of loud music immediately enveloped the room. He then approached one of the waitresses/strippers and looked her over. "Excuse me, miss. Could you please direct me to Scarlette Rider?"
The lady just turned and pointed to the stage. "You'll have to wait til her set is done, buddy. She mingles afterward. Careful though, she's really picky who she spends her time with. Tell ya what, if she turns ya down big guy, you come see me, huh?"

The waitress just went on to deliver a plate of drinks and hot wings while Scarlette appeared on stage and started her song, sitting down and strumming the ukelele herself, a sole spotlight on her on the stage.

The lady just turned and pointed to the stage. "You'll have to wait til her set is done, buddy. She mingles afterward. Careful though, she's really picky who she spends her time with. Tell ya what, if she turns ya down big guy, you come see me, huh?"

The waitress just went on to deliver a plate of drinks and hot wings while Scarlette appeared on stage and started her song, sitting down and strumming the ukelele herself, a sole spotlight on her on the stage.

Bigby nodded at what she said before taking a seat and listening to Scarlette sing. As she sang, Bigby nodded and quietly hummed along. The song reminded him of his mother and the way she would sing to him and his brothers when he was a kid. It made him feel vulnerable. Alone. So he just smiled and listened to her sing.

When she was finished singing and left the stage, Bigby approached her alone. "Hey, I really enjoyed the song, Red." He said with a smile as he looked to her. He assumed that she would be able to recognize him if not from his looks, then the sound and tone of his voice.

@Michale CS

Bigby nodded at what she said before taking a seat and listening to Scarlette sing. As she sang, Bigby nodded and quietly hummed along. The song reminded him of his mother and the way she would sing to him and his brothers when he was a kid. It made him feel vulnerable. Alone. So he just smiled and listened to her sing.

When she was finished singing and left the stage, Bigby approached her alone. "Hey, I really enjoyed the song, Red." He said with a smile as he looked to her. He assumed that she would be able to recognize him if not from his looks, then the sound and tone of his voice.
"I feel like I should know you, but I don't." She looked at him in the eye, and in that moment, he knew it wasn't his Red. Not exactly. She didn't put on her usual steel-cold demeanor. She did tap her nose a few times then glance up at the large themed light that hung over the stage, the one of a full moon.

Whether or not he got the message she wasn't saying aloud, she headed up towards one of the VIP lounges. If he followed, she'd wave him past the bouncers at the bottom of those stairs.

@thatguyinthestore

"I feel like I should know you, but I don't." She looked at him in the eye, and in that moment, he knew it wasn't his Red. Not exactly. She didn't put on her usual steel-cold demeanor. She did tap her nose a few times then glance up at the large themed light that hung over the stage, the one of a full moon.

Whether or not he got the message she wasn't saying aloud, she headed up towards one of the VIP lounges. If he followed, she'd wave him past the bouncers at the bottom of those stairs.

@thatguyinthestore
Bigby rose a brow. If this wasn't his Red, then who was it? Were there more Reds? Were they here? Or were they somewhere else? Before he could ask her a question, she disappeared into the VIP room, waving the bouncers out of the way as she did so.

Bigby followed and walked past the bouncers into the VIP room. He approached Red and looked her over. "So if you're not from Fabletown, where exactly are you from?" Bigby asked her suspiciously with his arms crossed.

@Michale CS

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Michale CS
Bigby followed and walked past the bouncers into the VIP room. He approached Red and looked her over. "So if you're not from Fabletown, where exactly are you from?" Bigby asked her suspiciously with his arms crossed.
"Storybrooke. It's in Maine. I've got a strange feeling that we've got some connection, though. You really remind me of someone, but that someone I'd be trying to kill right now and I don't get that feeling from you. Lucky for both of us, as I think that could get real ugly."
Red replied, going to the fridge and pulling out a soda. "Want anything? I don't drink, personally but they have beer in here if you want one."

@thatguyinthestore

"Storybrooke. It's in Maine. I've got a strange feeling that we've got some connection, though. You really remind me of someone, but that someone I'd be trying to kill right now and I don't get that feeling from you. Lucky for both of us, as I think that could get real ugly."
Red replied, going to the fridge and pulling out a soda. "Want anything? I don't drink, personally but they have beer in here if you want one."

@thatguyinthestore
Storybrooke? Bigby hadn't heard of this place before. He'd have to look into it tomorrow. For now though, he'd just have a conversation with Red.

"Yeah, I'll have a drink." Bigby said with a nod before taking the beer out of the fridge and sitting down. "So what's it like in Storybrooke? I assume it's better than Fabletown. At least there that scumbag Ichabod Crane running the place." He said with a slight headshake before taking a sip of the beverage.

@Michale CS

"Yeah, I'll have a drink." Bigby said with a nod before taking the beer out of the fridge and sitting down. "So what's it like in Storybrooke? I assume it's better than Fabletown. At least there that scumbag Ichabod Crane running the place." He said with a slight headshake before taking a sip of the beverage.
"You can't get there from here. At least my Storybrooke. Ichabod Crane? Bet he has nothing on The Chernabog. Anyway, I thought I was going from the Land Without Magic to... home, when I left my Storybrooke, but I ended up in a different Storybrooke, one where it wasn't... quite, without it? The path back was sealed, so I decided this place was better than being constantly involved in curses and rewriting of reality... and stayed." She told it with a straight face.

"Okay, you didn't laugh and you don't have the I think you're crazy look on your face so I guess you believed me." Scarlette popped open the soda and took a sip. "So what's your deal? Werewolf? Cause, I'll let you know now, I've had a few run ins with them before. And here I am, head still attached and everything." She seemed very casual about mentioning that and not worried at all that he might actually be a werewolf, which spoke to her confidence in either his 'goodness' or her ability to take care of herself against wolves, or both.

@thatguyinthestore

And I was just offering the treatment, Wendy. I'm not Doctor Frankenstein. They do have him where you come from, hm?"
"No, but I've heard of him since coming here." Wendy finished her ale and sat on the stool next to Nate. "With Daddy off your back, what's next for Mr. Essex? Come to Hub City and set up a practice?" She asked and had a long drag of her cigarette.

Before Nate could answer, her name was shouted from the top of the stairs into the VIP area. "Wendy! We need ya up here!"

"Hold that thought." She went up to the VIP room. There was the sound of a scuffle. Then a man came tumbling down the stairs. Wendy jumped from the top of the steps and landed next to him with the grace of a cat. "Ya swing at the girls, that's one warning." She brought him up to stand. "Ya swing at me, you're done. Now leave before I toss ya out." The guy scoffed and made for the door.

"Yo! He still has a tab to pay!" one of the bartenders shouted. The guy tried to make a run for it, but Wendy had him by the neck before he got to the door. She led him to the bar where he begrudgingly paid his tab then was released and allowed to leave.

Coming back to Nate, Wendy's eyes were red and faded as she continued their conversation. "Where were we?"

Status
Not open for further replies.