Elven Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cherie saw Savisal noticed them approaching. He greeted the Saltus appropriately but she can still see how tensed he is.
"Savisal, he requested to join us in our group. I hope that's okay with you." she said looking at him intently. She smiled at the Saltus.

"Don't be so tensed. You look ready to kill. That won't help us with the Saltus. Besides, can't you be more nice? He's a Saltus after all." she said telepathically to Savisal.

"By the way guys, I still need to gather food. I met the Saltus so I didn't find anything yet. Sorry." she apologized to the two.

The Saltus inclined his head respectfully, taking in the two standing in the clearing. Closing his eyes, the Saltus then began a very silent conversation with the trees and forest in general. Anything that had telepathic power would feel the sudden, well, traffic that suddenly burst through the forest, a movement of unspoken, unworded communication and energy transfer, and soon fruit began plopping down from the trees hanging over the clearing. Apples, oranges, lemons, limes, apricots, pears, they all just kinda dropped onto the soft green grass, mulch, and ferns of the forest floor.

Cherie heard the buzzing as soon as she finished speaking. She was amazed as she felt the flow of power in the forest. She looked at the Saltus and bowed her head. She gathered the fruits by using her own powers.

She asked the roots to gather it and made a basket from the branches nearby. She joined it magically and it looked like it was naturally made.
"There. Let's eat!" she said smiling. "Thank you, great Saltus." she said to him, smiling.

The Saltus nodded respectfully at Cherie, speaking to her telepathically.
"Impressive of you to work magic by asking and requesting, rather than forcing. Many other souls force and lie, and that degrades natural magic to much darker, hateful magic."
Then the Saltus turned back to the other two, staring at the warrior especially, piercing, calm eyes that speak of thousands of years lived boring into the warrior's, the guard's, testing him.

This Saltus...he is immensely powerful. Savisal could tell just by gazing at the creature..and he wanted to join them? That seemed quite out of place..what reason did he have to offer such a request? When Cherie asked him to lower his guard and not be so tense, he began to try, but then the Saltus' eyes bored into him. It was like a challenge...a challenge of determination, wits and fearlessness.

Savisal didn't miss a beat returning the look back at the ancient creature. If it wished to challenge his determination whether through physical or magical, he would not back down. He had his task and he would follow through.

The Saltus snorted, amusement radiating across the sub-conscious telepathic link that he had established with all the creatures in the clearing. "You mistake my challenge, soldier, though your determination is admirable. There are some creatures that you must submit to, and convince to join your cause, rather than stand tall and try to defeat it. Many of your sentient enemies will not be completely loyal to your archenemy; some may very well be willing to join you."

Savisal relaxed a little more. "Not so much a challenge as a show of loyalty." He sat against a tree, grabbing a piece of fruit from the ground and biting into it.
"That girl there is the last Spirit elf. My job is to protect her as she heals the earthen crystals..and I do my jobs exceptionally well. No matter who or what we come across mighty Saltus...I'll stand with or against it."
He took a couple more bites, thinking about the training he'd have to do with her. She still had no clue on how to summon him, how t unlock his true potential and what to do once they got to the first crystal.

Cherie smiled at the Saltus comment. She wanted to say something too but decided against it. "I learned this the hard way." she thought to herself.

She sat as she grabbed an apple fron the basket. She watched as Savisal and Saltus stare at each. She smirked. That Savisal is so stubborn. A typical soldier raised by the council.

She frowned at that. She shook her head to clear it from unpleasant memories. She heard Savisal telling Saltus about Zeia being the last Spirit Elf. Her heart constricted.

The crystals. She closed her eyes.

The Saltus tilted his head, looking at the guard-warrior, and replied, "I do not think you would be able to beat me if you wished, unless you were able to run as fast as me, move as fast as me, and so on. This is my domain, and I am naturally healed. This goes for you, and any other creature that has crossed my path. I have already destroyed many who seek to burn, cut, or destroy this forest.

But I approve." The Saltus switched focus to the girl, all of the people around him being young compared to him, and walked silently towards her, not directly, but moving diagnolly towards her. He came to a stop half a dozen feet from her, and then laid down, like a dog or a cat, and just watched her.

Blake was no one special. Nor was he an elf but he could feel the presence of others nearby. He had just walked into the forest not having been here before and looked about in awe. He had always loved nature and those that lived within it, but he kept a secret. One he had never revealed nor given out to anyone or anything. He powers not of this world and he was afraid of himself sometimes. Walking on a light breeze blew his black hair out of his eyes as he stuck his hands into his pockets. He wasn't a human and he knew they would never accept him so he ran away. He was hoping he would find anything to affiliate himself with. He had an unknown understanding of what he was and other things as well.

Savisal scoffed. This Saltus was cocky, but he was right. He might have been able to beat him, but it would have been a hell of a fight. There was no surefire chance of victory, but he didn't plan on fighting unless the Saltus did something to provoke a fight.
He was getting ready to relax and eat some more when a sound in the forest caught his attention and he stood quickly.

"More things? Is this something of your forest Saltus?" Grabbing a stick, it became enveloped in his magic energy and reappeared as a sword. He didn't know what was heading towards them, but he was ready.

Blake continued his walk unaware of the group because he was focused on the plants and animals he saw all around him. He felt at peace and stopped closing his eyes to take a deep breath and inhale the woodland scents. Then his eyes flew open as he smelt something familiar....blood. Running off he headed for the origin of the scent.

The Saltus knew his thoughts, even though they had just met. He understood him better than another might of understood him in a month's time; the Saltus knew that the elf thought he were more physical, and was caught up in arrogance and cockiness.

This is my forest, elf, I am the forest. I am not cocky, nor am I completely mortal. You would kill me, and all that would happen is that I would be reformed elsewhere in the forest, with a dear cost to its life. But you would not be able to beat me, because this is my realm of power. I could turn myself back into its original form, no matter the unnatural, forced magic you just used on it. To demonstrate, the Saltus streamed power back into the 'sword' the elf held, and turned it right back into a stick, just as it was before.

Yes, someone approaches. I assure you, he is of no harm. I would of hunted him if I thought him a threat. That said, the Saltus turned and padded silently towards the running human, knowing exactly where he is, how fast he was going, and where he would be moving to. As he closed in on the person, he willed a branch to secretly move up from the ground along his path, to trip him to land at the Saltus's feet.

Blake kept running then a root appeared out of nowhere tripping him. Flying forward at least 10 feet he hit the ground and stopped at the Saltus' feet. Looking up his black eyes widened as he saw the magnificent creature, "W-what are you?" he was amazed he had never seen anything like him before. He may have lived in the human part of the world but he was not a human.

The Saltus silently applauded himself; he did feel contentment that he guessed and predicted right. It was soon bashed when the human, or whatever other humanoid it was, was only curious, and not at all scared, frightened, or wary in any way. In answer, he spoke in his mind, I am this forest, its physical representation, the forest spirit, or Saltus.

"You're the physical representation of the forest? Then you must know why I was running." he pushed himself to his feet and brushed off his legs, "My name is Blake. Blake Halverson."

Cherie opened her eyes and saw that the Saltus and Savisal are after someone. She decided to stay with Zeia just in case it was a trap of some sort. They can handle themselves, she thought. Still, she scanned the surroundings. She doesn't want to be caught by the enemies in surprise. She asked Zeia to come sit beside here.

She wonders who that person the two are running after. She hoped he/she can be recruited too. The more guards Zeia has, the better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blake nodded respectfully to the Saltus, "If I have your permission would I be allowed to assist the creature in your forest that is bleeding?"

Savisal began to run after the saltus, but decided it was futile. This was his domain, his territory and he could handle whatever it was more than likely. If he couldn't..he'd die and come back.
He turned and headed back to camp, sitting against the tree he was before. "I see you're still around."

He gestured to Cherie as he grabbed another fruit. Wonder why that Saltus seems so sore with me. As a guardian, he should know a protective persona when he sees one. Yet he just seems content with aggravating me. What gives?

Blake had to put a hand to his head closing his eyes tightly as if in pain. Grimacing a little he opens his eyes and blinks multiple times while beginning to pant lightly, "Now is not the time body....." he was in obvious pain but for unknown reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.