Elven Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Savisal glared at...whoever and whatever she was. Her body was mainly in shadow, so he couldn't tell. He stood beside her..least she realized partly why he was here.
He remained silent...even as the girl wrapped his boots in roots. Using his spell, the stick became a hatchet and he hacked the roots away.

"so Zeia...now would be a time to ask questions of me if you like...but please try and hurry. "

I gawped at the girl as she leaped back into the trees. How did she do that? I knew she couldn't also be a spirit elf, that was impossible. I looked at the flowers at my feet. They were perfect. I knew that I would also be able to do that one day. I immediately cheered up at the though, wiping tears from my eyes. I looked up at Savisal, giving him a 'what now?' Look.

If they think she'll let it go, they definitely got it wrong. She'll stay guard for the girl. She can feel something odd about that guy. She can't put a finger on it.
The girl smiled and that makes her happy, too. Cherie realized something. That markings on her wrist. It couldn't be..No..

I looked up at Savisal. "Well? What now?" I inquired. "Are you here to send a message, take me somewhere, train me, experiment on me?" I worry came sinking back in as the list went on. Still, I had some trust that he wasn't here to abduct me and keep me captive for experiments.

She tried to talk to the girl in telepathy, "Hey..It's me..Can we talk? Please don't freak out. I don't want that guy to know I'm talking to you."

I heard the girls voice in my head. I jumped, but tried to hide it, not wanting Savisal to suspect anything. I focused on talking back in my head, thinking the same sentence over and over in my head with intense concentration. "Can you hear me?" I tried. I waited for a reply.

"Yeah." "I can hear you.." "Can I ask you a question?"

He almost laughed. This girl was such a worrier. "No..I'm not here to experiment on you. Since your powers as a spirit elf are now manifesting, I have been..assigned to assist in your training and be your guardian and summon. Until such time as you are able to protect yourself and master your skills that is..."

He glanced up to where that girl was. She was feisty..but there was something special about her that he couldn't put his finger on.

Cherie sensed that the guy was looking at her. She stared at him and challenged him to say something.

She stuck her tongue at him.
"Very childish, Cherie" Maya said
"Yeah right" she answered

Cherie waved her hand to the guy.

I tried to focus my energy on speaking to the girl again. "Did you want to tell me something?" I asked, trying to hide my concentration. I turned Savisal and looked up at him with shining eyes. I couldn't believe it. He is now my guardian! He's here to train me! He's good! I'm going to learn what I can do, my powers! But my excitement was stopped in its tracks. If Savisal and whoever he worked for could find me, who else could?

"If you don't mind, where did you get thst markings on your wrist?"
It was unbelievable that Cherie will find that. She haven't seen it for a long time.

"I can help you. Let me help you." She said to the girl.

I looked at the markings on my wrist. I was born with them, and they served as a reminder that I was different to everyone I grew up around. I was never sure what they signified, but I knew it was something to do with my powers.

He could see the doubt in her eyes...that fear! He knew that look all too well. "Don't fear..we of the spirit realm have eyes and ears everywhere. Especially when it comes to matters of spiritual beings or importance..like yourself."

He helped her to her feet.
"We must keep moving before someone realizes what has happened here. Do you need anything from your home?"

I tried to think of what little I owned. There were some thing I wanted. "My reed bag, with all my clothes inside" I requested. "Oh, and my necklace, with the wooden ring on it". My necklace was the only thing I owned besides my clothes and bag. The ring was dark brown, twisted and knotted. The chain was a simple silver.

He sighed. "Alright, I shall keep watch over you. If you have need of me and I am not present, you may summon me. Just chant my name and i will appear."
He wouldn't put her though the whole ritual summoning training right now. That would have to come later..even though he wouldn't be at full strength. He vanished into the air, his voice lingering behind.
"Make haste Zeia..time is of the essence..."

I ran through the forest, towards my home. I ran inside, passed my father sitting at the table. I grabbed my bag from the closet and put my necklace over my head. I turned around, running into a huge man. My father looked down at me, questionably. "Where are you taking your stuff" he boomed. "You are running away, aren't you. You ungrateful little brat! Me and your mother feed you, clothe you, on top of having to look after all your siblings!". He began to furiously scream, and I huddled against the wall as he slapped me across the face. Gaining some courage, and knowing I would never be back, I kicked him in the shin and sprinted out the door, clinging to my bag and not stopping until I reached the clearing, tears streaming down my face.

savisal sighed as he watched the events unfold at her home. Typical reactions...nothing he hadn't seen before. As she neared the clearing, he appeared there the same as he had left.
"So..are you ready?"
He could still sense the presence of the girl from before, but she was quieter now than before.
"Let me know when you're ready to depart. Your family will not understand now..they might in the future however. Don't expect this to get any easier...because it won't."

I was glad to get away from my family. And who knows what my father would do to me if I ever came back. Still, I was sad. This was where I had grown up. I had no friends, but I would miss the wildlife. I took one last look at my hideaway before walking off into the forest.

He followed behind her, his steps intermingling with hers. "So tell me Zeia, how much do you actually know about Spirit Elves and their purpose?"
He assumed she knew very little, but he had better clarify than assume and make a fool of himself.

If she didn't know much, then this was going to be so much harder then it already would be. She was already on edge..and after he told her what awaited her...might just send her over the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.