Elven Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well" I began"they are... In tune with nature. They can communicate with animals. They can grow plants. There used to be lots, but I'm the last one. They were very powerful as a group, but always used their powers peacefully.". I realised that I knew hardly anything. "Oh, and I guess they had these markings on their wrist." I added, turning over my arms so Savisal could see the black pictures etched onto my skin.

He studied the markings. "Oh yea...you definitely got the hard job."
He sighed.
"alright, listen up Zeia. Spirit Elves were a sacred sect of the Elven cult. They were either born with the gift or indoctrinated in at birth. You had the gift, yet it only just manifested itself within you.
There are three individual types of Spirit Elves...the traditionalist, the healer and the occult. The three types all have similar traits: they all have tattoos on their wrists and the typical elvish features. The differences are what define the roles.

The traditionalist is the mainstream type. They are usually the clan leaders, mystical shamans, fortune tellers...that kind of thing. They use their powers for the good of the clan and their people.

The occult is the manager of the spiritual plain. They make sure that no entity or spiritual race is getting out of hand and make sure that the balance of spiritual power and energy is always stable. If it gets too far off kilter, we spirits could all die. Trust me when I say that would be a horrible thing for everyone.

The third..which is what you technically are..is the healer. Your job, sad to say, is to monitor and release the negative spiritual energies here on the earthen plain.
Do you know of the 7 great crystals?"

I looked at him confused. What did he mean by monitor and release negative spirits? "Um...not exactly" I sheepishly replied.

He sighed.
"alright..there are 7 great crystals scattered and hidden around the world here. they maintain the balance of power within most realms. However, in doing this they have to be exposed to all kinds of energies..both good and evil. So the 7 great spirits each chose a crystal to protect and monitor..in turn exposing them to the positive and negative energies.

You job as a spirit healer is to go to these hidden locations and basically...fight each of the elemental guardians. Defeating them dispels the pent up energy within them until you have to do it again.
It's the hardest and most thankless job of the three and I would not wish it on anyone. Still, it has to be done. If you don't..the energy builds to unstable levels and proceeds to rip the universe apart."

I fell quiet. "So basically... I have to release the negative energy from these... Spirits...by killing them?"

He scowled.
"No! Beating them...in combat! Once they are defeated, their bodies can no longer house the energy stored within and it gets dispersed. Once they wake up, they go back to their routine again like nothing happened. You kill them and the whole process will fall apart!"

He mentally slapped himself. Kill them? Seriously!? Not like she could anyway..she was only a novice. even high class spirit elves had trouble with something like that.
"Once we find a place to rest..we'll go over techniques for you to start learning."

Cherie was stunned when she confirmed that she indeed has the markings. She doesn't want to tell her but sometimes she can pick the thoughts of people she talked telepathically with. So she let her go when the girl stood up and went the other way, away form the meadow.

She just watched her as she joined with Savisal. Just for now, she'll be her silent guardian. She needs all the guardians, the best since she's the last of them. It would be nice if she can help her train. Savisal is a great teacher. She can see that. But there are things that should be dealt with a woman.

She heard them talking about the seven crystals and the significance of Spirit Elves. He's overwhelming her with too much revelation. She still needs to adjust. Things might be indeed grim if they sent someone to train her now of all days. Or are they aiming to train her before she comes of age?

"Don't tell me....?" she thought. Her eyes narrowed. No, they wouldn't be that greedy to use her? The process might kill her. Cherie moved closer to them without being sensed by that guy. She has to know his role in this.

"Hey. Don't freak out. It's me. I'm following you. Is it ok if I'll be your second guard? Don't tell Savisal. I'll be the one to tell him. But I need your permission first." she said to Zeia. "

She hopes that she'll agree. She sighed and the markings on Zeia's left wrist flashed in her mind. She wished she can do her best to make up for everything. "I'll protect you even if it cost me my life." she promised as she touched the markings on her forehead.

I was taken back by the girls last comment. Take their life for me? I didn't want anybody to do that! I did feel safer though with two people watching over me. "Yes please" I silently replied. I wanted as much help as possible.

Sighing in relief, she nows think of a way to convince Savisal.
"Thank you. I'm Cherie. You're name, my lady?" she said.
"I know you're still not used to this so I'll get off your head now. You might feel drained since it takes lots of energy. I'll knock if there's something I have to tell you *laughs*"

Cherie cut the connection and continues to follow them like a shadow. How ironic she's comparing herself to a shadow.

Shardas sat on a tree branch, carefully covering himself with nearby leaves and neighboring branches. He glared down at the road. He was completely, utterly bored. When would his target show up?

Do you see anything? Oh, no. His twin sister Selas was telepathically communicating with him again. Her voice sounded so annoying to Shardas when it was in his mind.
He rolled his eyes. If I had, I would tell you! he replied in exasperation.
Do you even remember who we're looking for?
Naáchethien wouldn't have hired me if I couldn't. Normally, the twins worked in harmony, fulfilling the desires of the Ice Spirit Naáchethien (na-AH-ke-theen) without mercy or delay. Although they were only half elven, since their ancestors had tainted themselves with human blood, the pair was certainly capable of accomplishing what any elf could. They tended to bicker sometimes, however. Now was one of those times. Selas's superior attitude and Shardas's short temper didn't always work well together.

Suddenly, Shardas heard footsteps. He sharply turned his head. Hey, Selas, he thought to his sister, smiling to himself. I found our mark. Shortish, blonde-haired, blue-eyed, pale-skinned elf chick, right?
I think that's the spirit elf that was mentioned, yes. There aren't that many elves with blue eyes nowadays.
Except us.
We're half elf, so we don't count. Besides, that's because-
Because we work for Iceman, yeah.

Anyways,
Shardas continued, she's guarded by this taller dude, and this lady I can feel the presence of but can't really see from here. He paused. I have no idea where they're headed, he added a bit anxiously. I'll leave them to you now. It's my turn to sit pretty with Naáchethien in his winter wonderland. He had a slightly mocking tone in his last sentence. With that, Shardas vanished, unaware that he had frozen over the entire tree, leaving an obvious reminder of his presence.

Ugh, Shardas. Be more careful next time. Selas thought to her brother. You can do better than that.

Savisal walked with Zeia trying to explain her new role to her, but she kept having difficulties. "Just losten to what I'm telling..." He went silent as soon as he saw the frozen tree. He knew someone was around. Probably after the girl...is this why I was chosen as her guardian?
He looked at her.
"We're taking a different route. This one's no longer safe. C'mon..."

Whoever..or whatever was after them was dangerous. No doubt about that. He had to try and get her to the first crystal before anything major came after them.
If they could get lucky enough.....

Cherie saw them and she's sure they can't see her. From the looks of them, they're halflings. They can talk telepathically coz she can hear them although it's kinda fuzzy like buzzing bees in her head. She only caught that their target is Zeia. She has to warn Savisal.

"Hey, creepy guy. It's me. The girl from the meadow. Use a different route. I know you sensed them already. Take the route of the fairies. I know you know what that means. The one following you is a halfling. I'll watch your back." she told Savisal.

She scanned the area for other possible threats. This is getting dangerous.

Selas sighed dramatically. Her brother was normally more responsible than that. Still, Shardas's time outside the frozen land of the Ice Spirit was up, so Selas had to switch places with him. She didn't enjoy that, since her brother was taunting her telepathically for the first minute.

I'm a pretty ice princess! La-la-la-la-la!
Shut UP, Shardas!
What was that play we watched when we were both allowed in the city, again? That actress was singing this one song, and it was annoyingly catchy. Let it gooo, let it gooo, don't hold back anymore...
You are NOT funny. We have business to attend to, remember.

Still, she managed to track the two without freezing anything, and caught some speech from their target's male guard. "We're taking a different route. This one's no longer sa..." Selas smiled. This would be very interesting, she thought, unsheathing a knife.

Only one knife? I have six, since Naáchethien thinks I'm better with weapons than you.
Six knifes? More like six toothpicks, Selas countered. She directed her attention back to her task: Corner the spirit elf that was their target, and remove her ability to dispel the energy of the crystals from the elementals. After that, either (a) turn her to the service of the Ice Spirit, or (b) kill her.

If that wasn't possible, the twins could just kill Zeia right off the bat. But that wouldn't be as profitable for me, Naáchethien had told them. Another spirit elf would spring up if you did that. Shardas and Selas would have to keep her from reaching the Ice Spirit's crystal, and sap her of her power.

As Selas followed the young spirit elf and her guards, she had an idea. Shardas, she thought to her brother, just a heads-up that I'll be freezing and thawing the- Wait a minute! There was someone listening in to them! Selas quickly sheathed her knife - Hah. Wimp. - and turned her head towards the group of three. She heard some more talking, this time from the female guard. "Take the route of the fairies. I know you know what that means." So, it looked like the guard was a telepath of some kind, if the voice that almost wasn't there came from her.

All right, at least she gave away where they were going. That made things easier. As I was saying, Selas continued, I will freeze and thaw one of the roads, so-
So it floods.
You're smarter than I thought,
Selas replied, as she began to do exactly that. Placing both hands on the ground and directing her energy, she smiled in satisfaction as it slowly began to freeze over. In a few minutes, she would have enough energy to thaw it out, drenching the party of three. For now, though, it was nothing but ice.

This idea would most likely secure the spirit elf in a matter of seconds after Selas melted the ice. That is, if that female guard wasn't able to uncover the twins' thoughts. Selas got a feeling she was a telepath, which could make things harder.

Last edited by a moderator:
((OOC: I am going on a school field trip tomorrow [Wednesday, March 19th]. Therefore, unfortunately, I won't be able to post that day, since it lasts the whole day.))

((sure thing. enjoy your trip! XD))

Lilith felt them listening to her instructions. She knew there's a possibility that they might get eavesdropped on. It's the disadvantage of telepathy. However, that won't hinder her from protecting Zeia.

She'll be on alert. If necessary, she'll take them out herself. At least, Zeia won't be traumatized by the sight of her killing.

And so, Selas played the waiting game. It wasn't like she hadn't done this before, of course. She just hated having to recharge; although she still had plenty of magical whatever left, Selas didn't quite have enough to thaw the ice on a whole road at the moment. In a few minutes, though, that would all change. In fact, why not change the situation now? I've had enough of waiting. Quick, teleport here, she thought to her brother. On it, Shardas replied, materializing next to Selas.

tumblr_static_25153_-_axis_powers_hetalia_belarus.jpg

"So, do we just show up with pointy lethal weapons and say that if they don't give us the spirit elf, somebody dies?" Shardas asked in a whisper, interested by this idea Selas was having. Of course, Selas turned out to have a different plan. "We have to give them incentive from both ends," she said, looking at the group on the ice. "Like, if we offer them money for something, they're more likely to give us Zeia. And if they don't, we thaw the road," Selas finished with a smile. Of course, Shardas had already taken off towards the party of three.

"Hello, everyone," he said casually. "This is going to sound strange, seeing as I froze this road just to talk to you. But I am in dire need of a young girl with blonde hair. It's for a play." Selas, watching from a distance, couldn't help but admire her brother's acting skills. He didn't deny covering the road with ice - even though she did that! - and he seemed reasonable enough. "We can pay you all very well," Shardas continued, clearly on a roll. "Think about it - she gets to see the world!"

Selas stepped forward. "That's right," she chimed in. Suddenly, she unsheathed her knife and pointed it at the neck of the girl's male guard, with a firm hold on his shirt. "And if you refuse," Selas continued, clearly meaning business, "my brother and I will slit this man's throat, and let the rest of you fall through thin ice. How does that sound?"

Savisal groaned. Yea, this is just how he imagined it would start. Couple people trying to nab the spirit elf. This is why he didn't want the job in the first place! Everyone wanted a piece....and everybody tried at least once.
He sighed, his voice holding a bit of sarcastic boredom in it. "That's it? A knife, a bogus story and some ice? That's all you two got?" He glanced down at the girl in front of him..even if the knife pressed into his neck. "You two are going to have to think bigger than that."

He leaped backward violently, his shirt tearing in the girls hands. He was now free of her grasp..and these two ice people were in trouble. "You want to hire someone, then you send flyers. Posters. Not face to face 'I like you..come with us.' jingle. That was just pathetic. Now here is what is going to happen. You two are gonna thaw this road and let us pass...and then you're going to skip away to whatever merry land you came from and never come back. If you don't...then I'll hurt you more than you ever thought possible."

His hands became encased in magical energy. He was preparing something special for these two would be kidnappers. He knew they wouldn't leave..they came for the girl and they were determined to take her. He knew they were powerful..he could sense that energy seething from them. Still, that wouldn't stop him.

Cherie saw the guy striking a conversation so casually to Savisal and Zeia. She smirked at his foolishness. "Really?" she thought to herself.

Then another one came up putting a knife on Savisal's neck, threatening to kill him. "Ha! You're so dead, my dear. You shouldn't have gotten within his radius." she commented as Savisal freed himself easily.

"Now, my move." she said to herself.

"Zeia, close your eyes. Don't panic ok? Trust me. Ok. Here goes." she quickly instructed to Zeia before a shadow engulfed the girl and disappeared from below. She decided to teleport her where Cherie is hiding.

"Savisal, she's with me. You can go all out now. Make it quick." she informed him telepathically.

At the same time, she gathered energy to break the ice slowly, channeling the water to the earth and grow plants and trees. The energy is easier manipulated this way.

Selas stood there, helplessly, with her mouth open. Her plan had gone so wrong. Horribly wrong. And Shardas would not let her forget it when this was finished. "I apologize if our recruiting methods are unorthodox," she mumbled. She stared at the ground, and released the male guard without a fight, wallowing in her own shame. The ice was now earth, Shardas's speaking was a failure, and everything was falling apart for her.

Shardas, on the other hand, wasn't having it. "You're kidding me! You're letting him off?!" he yelled at his sister. Then, he turned to the travelers. "Okay, that was an obvious lie. We aren't recruiting actresses," Shardas told them with a lopsided smile. "But we know exactly who that girl is. More importantly, we know exactly what she is. And what she is makes her a threat to-" He was silenced by a glare from Selas, who was getting back to her old self. "The point is," she said in a measured tone, "we recognize that your sweet little girl has potential that is largely undeveloped, and we will eliminate said potential in a logical manner." Then, telepathically to her brother, She's defenseless without her guards. Can we freeze them?

I doubt it. They look prepared.
In theory, could we freeze them?
What do you mean, "in-

Their conversation was cut short as a new voice rang out, cold and clear, out loud for everyone to hear.
"No. They will not be frozen," it said authoritatively, as if it were stating the obvious. "This is a failure, a miserable one, so you both shall be withdrawn. You are better than that," the voice finished, as the twins began vanishing. "Aw, what? Were we that bad?" Shardas protested.

"Yes, we were. And I will never let you forget it," replied his sister. In a last-ditch effort, Selas tossed her knife at the waist of the female guard just as she disappeared. It would most likely miss, but it was worth a try, she reasoned.

Savisal watched as the twins disappeared. His channeled magic dissipated and he began to relax. "Alright..we'll camp here for the night and continue on in the morning. I'll explain everything to you as much as I can..and help you understand what your new role is Zeia. It's important that you understand what you're dealing with before we continue on."

As night fell upon the three of them, he did his best to explain her role to her. He talked about what she would have to do in the shrines and how she had to dispel the negative energy from the spirits. Far as he could tell, she understood it better than she did before...but she would ultimately get it when she had her first trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.