nBz29sH.gif
"My room is where I go to wait for my next mission. So I am waiting for my next mission."

"Your next mission? Oh....ohhh" Janice realized what was happening and she felt bad even if she couldn't have known that this bare room, even if it looked nice with the shiny wood flooring and big window, reminded her of a cell. "Umm hey! How about you and I go play a game? I have a dancing game." She said with an excited smile, but figured she probably didn't know what that was. Well she would soon. "Come on, I don't want to see like this."

Getting Laura back down to the living room and setting her on the couch, Janice would use her power to turn on the TV and game console while opening one of the large drawers beneath the TV. She took out the game disc, and two dance pads. "Okay. Watch me first to get how it's played, and then you can join in!"

When the song finished, Janice brushed her hair away from her face and turned back to look at Laura. "You get that? Wanna join me?"

@Camleen

Eden Haller aka Psyhawk

Eden was watching Janice with her separated perception power. Eden decided after watching Janice set up the game that perhaps (sigh) some potentially embarrassing game participation might be in order.

But, for the moment, she watched from the stairs with a bit grin.

@Ms.Ezra @Camleen

X23C.jpg

Laura stares at Janice, as if trying to decipher what she's talking about. Laura has no reference points on how things 'should be'. Being raised in a cell literally her whole life… the abuse (physical and emotional)… the 'missions'…. the training… as far as she knows this is how people actually grow up.

"A game?" She says softly, her head tilting to one side. Probably more training. Janice moves quickly from the room, and Laura hops to her feet to follow. She stops abruptly and spins around, running back to the corner. She picks up Hello Kitty and Mr. Monkey in her hands, and she sprints from the room. She carefully sets the dolls outside of the room, as if they were standing guard. But in actuality, she doesn't want them in there by themselves.

She now heads for the stairs, bounding down them. She gets to the living room, and sits down on the couch, her legs dangling down. She watches Janice with wide and curious eyes, kind of leaning forward on the cushion. She doesn't notice the television turning itself on, she's not familiar with her power yet. She points to the dance pads "What're those?" She points to the disc she holds "What's that?" She watches as Janice starts the game, and she leans back a little with the sudden loud noise and very bright colors before her, her eyes still wide.

As Janice plays, Laura's gaze moves towards the stairwell, detecting Eden there. She wonders if she's interrupting anything with these two. The proverbial third wheel, as it were. She does hope the two of them don't come to resent her. Her eyes draw back to Janice as she works it, and she looks down towards he woman's feet. She is doing… a lot. But the bottom line is… it's like a training program. The ones she was made to work with a holographic Weapon X. Just follow what he does. It's the same with the little men on the screen. The song finishes, and now it's apparently her turn.

She hops off of the couch and onto the other dance pad, staring down at it suspiciously. She bounces lightly on it, as if to make sure it wouldn't collapse or open a trap door or something. The game starts anew, and her gaze snaps towards the television in surprise. She does nothing at first as the song starts, just staring at the screen. She knows what she's supposed to do, but doing it seems to be taking some effort. Slowly though she starts to move, she starts to get used to what she sees on the screen, trying to mirror the cartoon man. She does okay for a few seconds, but then missteps. "Wait." She stops completely, and starts again. And she misses again. "Wait." She stops completely and starts again. And once more misses some of the steps. "Wait." Her eyes are wide as she tries to follow along… but frankly there's a lot happening. She huffs as she misses again. "Wait." She utters and she starts again. She is truly doing her best to follow along, and as the song ends she does seem to find a rhythm. With about 10 seconds of the routine left, she stumbles and almost steps off of the game pad completely. "Wait." She tries to start again, but by the time she does the song is over. She looks up at Janice expectantly, working to catch her slightly elevated breathing.

Tagging: @Ms.Ezra, @Gands

nBz29sH.gif
"You can do it Laura...oh don't worry you.....okay just focus.....um..." Janice said as she watched and tried to cheer Laura on until the song was over. "It's alright, you've probably never played a game before. At least you didn't biff it onto your face, like a certain redhead did her first time dancing. At the spring dance." Janice started thinking about that particularly embarrassing scene in her adolescence but shook it out her head. "Look, how about we lower the setting?" She used the pad to change the setting to easy, and went back to the same song.

"Try again?" She asked, then saw Eden up at the stairs. "Or how about you love? Maybe she'll do better watching someone else? Come on....it'll be fun~" She wagged her finger to beckon Eden down to join them.

@Camleen @Gands

Eden Haller aka Psyhawk

Eden sighed, still wearing her grin. She was discovered and really couldn't get out of it. She was in such a state with Janice, she couldn't deny the redhead anything.

The dark skinned brunette went down the stairs and prepared to dance off with Laura.

" Okay, keep the laughter down to a dull roar"

@Ms.Ezra @Camleen

X23C.jpg

Laura gets a look of concern on her features, peering closer to Janice to inspect for bruises or anything to Janice's face. As if she perhaps thought her troubles at the spring dance were recent. "I did not biff." She says, almost bragging as she puts her hands on her hips. Janice turns her attention back towards the television, and so does Laura. She sees Janice is lowering the difficulty, and she starts to hop up and down a little, as if warming up.

She nods quickly when asked if she wants to try again, her eyes wide as she watches the screen. But when she realizes Janice isn't just addressing her, she leans back a little and looks passed Janice towards Eden. Oh, she didn't even realize she had come out of their room.

She doesn't know how she feels about Eden. There's something about her she doesn't trust. But then, she's not said 2 words to the woman. Period. Yes, Eden did offer 20 questions… but Laura's mind was a bit preoccupied at that moment. Laura looks up towards Janice, then to Eden.

Janice trusts Eden. Eden is her special friend. So, she feels obligated to try and do more.

Laura jogs suddenly to the stairs where Eden is and grabs her hand. She pulls her towards the game pads then. Her other hand gently pushes on Janice's hip to urge her out of said game pads, leading Eden onto the one Janice was standing on. Because... the other one is hers. She keeps holding onto Eden's hand a moment more, pointing towards the television with her other hand as she looks up at the woman. As if wanting her to pay attention to the screen. Laura lets go of Eden's hand, and as the little cartoon man starts to dance once more for them… she finds it easier this time to follow along. Perhaps because it's actually set on easier, or because she has already seen the moves. She does her best to keep up, not daring to look away to check on Eden's progress.

Reactions: Gands
Eden Haller aka Psyhawk

Eden is surprised with the girl reaches out for her. She allows herself to be lead to the dancing game pad.

"Thank you Laura ! "

Eden dances with the program, doing pretty well. Several early mistakes as she learns the symbols and what maneuvers they represent. Laura will not that she is fairly athletic, but not particularly superhuman looking. Eden starts to relax a bit while she dances. Really the first time since she's met Laura that she seems nearly completely relaxed.

Telepathically
to Janice

" Well, this is a surprise "

@Camleen @Ms.Ezra

nBz29sH.gif
" Well, this is a surprise "

I know! Do you think she's feeling safer already? Janice asked, her lips in a wide smile as she watched the two have a dance-off while she stood on the couch. "Go Eden! Go Laura!" She cheered in a sing-song way.

As she watched the two dance, Janice thought about that Spring Formal Dance she'd mentioned earlier. There was a photo of the moments before her blunder on the wall in her room. Her hair was rather long then, and braided for the occasion. She was arm in arm with a tall pretty blonde girl and wearing a yellow dress, both waving at the camera as they made their way to the dance floor. Gabriella Marie Eck, or Meteora as she still referred to her, was a subject she didn't breach with Eden yet. It was still a hard part for her to talk about. Even now her eyes drifted a little as she thought about the first girl she had loved. Before she could drift further, Janice snapped herself out and smiled again as the two finished the song.

"You having fun Laura?" She asked coming up beside the girl with a smile.

@Camleen @Gands

X23C.jpg

As the song ends, Laura lets out a little huff. She knows she could have done better… perhaps she's a little perfectionist? She kind of hops up and down as the scores are given out, glancing up towards Eden. Eden's score is way higher than her score.

Normally that would earn Eden 2 claws in the throat, but she doesn't. If that's not a sign of friendship, then what is?

She steps back now from the gamepad, and she plops herself down on the couch. Her hands rest on the cushion on either side of her, her gaze moving to Janice as she sits there. She seems reluctant to answer the woman. As if she's searching for the right answer. What is the right answer? Truth be told…

That's the first time in her whole life anyone has ever asked her that.

But after a few long moments, she nods quickly to Janice, smiling a little.

Eden Haller aka Psyhawk

The odd dance was actually more fun than she expected. That being said, she did notice just how tired she was. A full day walking around that park through the crowd scanning for crazies.

She walked slowly towards the couch and sat not far from Laura at one side of the couch and yawned dramatically.

" if I participate in any more fun out here, I am going to need coffee sweet Janice"

@Camleen @Ms.Ezra

Azalia Ashburn

Returning from her eventful day Azalia closed the door of her penthosue and groaned. Her bodyguard had left to his own appartment directly below her own. A majority of her clothes came off within a matter of seconds as she got herself comfortable. Wrapping herself up in a blanket she manipulated the blanket itself to firmly hug her figure while allowing comfortable movement. Going over she opened her fridge before standing up straight like a cat hearing a noise. "Dim translucent glass. Seventy Six percent." Azalia chirped out as the massive window she had overlooking the New York skyline tinted heavily giving her privacy.

Using her nose more than her eyes she returned her attention to the fridge. Homing in like an animal she took out a steak before making her way over to her microwave and putting it inside. Leaning forward she looked over the buttons before finally setting it just to Re-Heat. Going over and sitting down on her couch she leaned back and relaxed.

Time passing and steak gone the woman was sprawled out on the floor poking the side of her cats face. The huge cat meowed making Azalia smirk "Oh, am I bothering you?" She asked before the cat rubbed itself against her. Moving around the cat circled her before she got up and made her way to her bed. Crawling it the cat jumped up and found itself on Azalia's back as the woman crashed after her crazy day.​

nBz29sH.gif

That's the first time in her whole life anyone has ever asked her that.

But after a few long moments, she nods quickly to Janice, smiling a little.

Janice smiled wider back and reached out to ruffle Laura's hair. "Good! My job is to keep you safe, and smiling. I hope you're ready for that." She said then tapped Laura's nose.

" if I participate in any more fun out here, I am going to need coffee sweet Janice"

"Right on it love." Janice hopped up off the couch, and kissed Eden on her bronze cheek on her way into the kitchen. Janice had never been much of a coffee drinker, but with Eden around her coffeemaker was finally getting regular use. She even made Laura a kid's favorite while in the kitchen; hot chocolate.

Coming out of the kitchen with a mug in each hand, Janice paused momentarily seeing Laura and Eden on the couch. While they were far apart, the young woman for a moment felt the three of them were already bonding like a family. If they managed to neutralize this mysterious agency's ability to locate her, Laura could probably live here all she wanted. She smiled thinking of that possibility and coming back with the mugs.

"Coffee for Eden. And hot chocolate for Laura." She said, giving each their respective mug. Turning to Laura, Janice started explaining "Okay, so right now we just have an inflatable mattress and bedding for you to sleep on, but tomorrow I'm taking you out shopping for bed, and clothes, and whatever else you might need. " She looked at Eden and shrugged with a smile. "If Eden can join it'll be a nice outing for everyone!" Then she turned back to Laura. " I promise, I'm going to use everything in my power to keep the bad people from finding you ever again."

@Gands @Camleen

X23C.jpg

Laura smiles faintly as she shrugs herself down a bit with her long hair being ruffled. Her gaze follows Janice as she moves towards the kitchen, and she then glances in Eden's direction. Once more she feels like the intruder of this situation. The proverbial 'third wheel', such as it is. If she followed her instincts… she would already be gone. The longer she stays in one spot, the easier it seems that the Facility can locate her. The easier Kimura can find her.

She tilts her head up a little as the coffee starts brewing, that distinct and pleasant smell filling the apartment. At least to Laura it is. So these must be the scents of what 'home' is. That word that Janice used. That strange and unknown word to her.

Janice emerges from the kitchen, and Laura sits up a little more on the couch, sitting on her knees on the cushion. She tilts her head up to stare at the different mugs, the smell of the coffee overwhelming the smell of the hot chocolate. As it Is offered, she reaches out and grasps the warm mug with both hands. Settling back on her knees, she stares into the brown liquid, as if trying to decide whether or not she should try it. She dips a single finger into the drink, and then licks it off of her finger. Kind of the same way one would test for poisons. Which may or may not be what she's doing. She doesn't die… so it must be okay!

She takes a timid drink of the hot chocolate, her green eyes looking between the two women over the rim of her mug. Janice then addresses her… and Laura wonders why she would go through so much trouble for her. She doesn't want these women spending their money on her. Not when she could be gone literally at a moment's notice. But they don't know that, of course. She should share that… but she just can't bring herself to. Laura's gaze diverts to Eden when she is brought into the conversation, and then her eyes look down towards the mug she holds. Is.. this guilt? Is that what she feels in the pit of her stomach at this moment? Guilt, perhaps, stemming from these women putting themselves out for her (in her opinion) when she clearly doesn't deserve it (in her opinion).

And perhaps it's that guilt that forces words from her throat out her lips. Words that she doesn't want to really say. Or share. Even with these two wonderful woman.

"The Facility…" she says softly, saying her first words in quite a while. Her eyes are cast down to her mug as she speaks. "They made me." Literally, not just trained her. Created her form. "They will find me. They always do. I always kill them when they send people after me. Except for Kimura. I can not kill her. She… hurts… me…" Which is something of an understatement, the words obviously difficult for her. "If they find me here, if Kimura finds me, I will kill them or leave." She says with a small nod, taking a slow drink of her hot chocolate.

Eden Haller aka Psyhawk

For a few moments, Eden sitting next to Laura on the couch, relaxed. Coffee arrives, happy warm stimulant. She listens to first Janice and then Laura. Still relaxed but her expression hardens, stubborn, protective in her body language.

" Laura, look, this may not be easy for you and to be honest it isn't entirely easy for me either. I will tell you, that I am a very stubborn person. I am very protective of those I care for. I have powers, mutant powers. I am far from helpless. No One is going to do anything to you against your will. Janice has already committed herself to your health happiness and safety. I love Janice very much. So... I will commit myself to your health, happiness and safety too ! "

"And yes... I will go shopping tomorrow too.... I swear, I have never shopped so much in my life since I met Janice !" ( giggles ).

" I can tell you a lot about myself Laura, I have not as yet gotten the idea that you want to know "

@Camleen @Ms.Ezra

nBz29sH.gif

"The Facility…" she says softly, saying her first words in quite a while. Her eyes are cast down to her mug as she speaks. "They made me." Literally, not just trained her. Created her form. "They will find me. They always do. I always kill them when they send people after me. Except for Kimura. I can not kill her. She… hurts… me…" Which is something of an understatement, the words obviously difficult for her. "If they find me here, if Kimura finds me, I will kill them or leave." She says with a small nod, taking a slow drink of her hot chocolate.

"Laura..." Janice reached out and put her hand on the girl's shoulder. "..I will break out every trick I know to be sure this apartment is off this Facilty's radar, and I'm sure if Eden is along while we're out, she can use her telepathy to steer anyone working for them in the whole other direction. Right Eden? You can do that?" She looked to Eden to be sure, then came back to Laura. "Look, some other time, you tell me what kind of power this Kimura has, and I'll use my resources to work out a way we can put a stop to her. Whatever it takes. I promise." She smiled at Laura and gave her back a gentle pat.

"For tonight, you finish that, we'll get your bed ready, and tomorrow your life starts getting even better."

@Camleen @Gands

New York City

For the next week, things seem to settle, to quiet a bit in New York. Infamous Asian group "The Hand" was dealt a setback by Shield operatives while the Hand was preparing to fight Spider-Man and Captain America.

Despite what seemed to be some sort of villainous dust up at the Big Charity event, everything actually went pretty well, a large amount of charitable donations were reported.

There have been reports of increased reaching out to the homeless community. A group of doctors have set up a couple of temporary clinics combined with old style soup kitchens.

There are new rumors of men dressed as turtles and gargoyles coming alive, but really people, no one believes that !

It isn't that Laura doubts their abilities. She saw how Janice manipulated that armor. She has sensed something hidden about Eden this whole time also. She doesn't doubt their combined will in this. But she has been broken so many times by the Facility, that it's not something she thinks she can ever overcome. Maybe doubts lie in herself, in her own resolve.

Her head bowed down a bit, both hands are wrapped around the warm mug. Out of the corner of her eyes does she watch Eden as she speaks, strands of dark hair partially concealing her gaze. Eden speaks of a pledge to Janice, and how much she loves her. When Eden mentions Laura not wanting to know more about her… she finds her gaze being drawn away from the woman. She looks towards her mug, seeming a bit uncomfortable as she sits there. She just… doesn't know how to put together the words to express how she sees that. It isn't that she doesn't want to… it's just that she hasn't been able to yet. It's as if she were afraid of letting these good people know who she is. What she is.

Her gaze lifts towards Janice when she feels her hand on her shoulder, a look of clear concern upon her features. She glances in Eden's direction when she is mentioned… so she's a telepath. Now things make a little more sense. But when she looks back to Janice, the doubt and insecurity is telegraphed upon her features. Especially when she mentions stopping Kimura. Once more, it's not that she gives doubt to Janice and Eden's abilities. But for her, Kimura is the boogey man. When she has done something wrong, not performed a task utterly correctly, failed on some instructions she was given… it was Kimura that punished her. And no matter how hard she fought against Kimura, or whatever brave front she tried to show, in the end it was always herself that ended up in pain. Usually extreme pain… a broken limb here, a smashed skull there. Perhaps worst of all… what scares her the most… is the delight Kimura seemed to take in punishing her. In breaking her, physically and emotionally.

With that reassuring pat, Laura puts a fake smile upon her lips and nods up to Janice. She does as she is instructed, drinking down the rest of her hot chocolate (though by now it's lukewarm chocolate), her whole body leaning back a little on the couch as she downs it. She sets the mug down carefully with one hand, wiping her mouth with her other sleeve. It's then Janice and Eden leads her up to her room once more, setting the air mattress out with a few blankets and a pillow. She decides to just sleep in her clothes, something she's very used to. With their help, she settles into the comfy/bouncy bed, Mr. Monkey and Hello Kitty on either side of her small form. They bid her goodnight, and she just gives them a small smile in return.

And the next day when they go to check on her, they would first notice Hello Kitty and Mr. Monkey now sitting together outside of the room, leaning against the doorframe. That way they're out of the room itself, but she can still keep an eye on them. And as for Laura… she has seemingly abandoned the comfy air mattress. They would find her snoozing peacefully, sitting up in the far corner of the room, her blanket draped over her shoulders. She leans up against the corner as she sits there, as if this were a practiced habit when she sleeps…

Eden Haller aka Psyhawk

Eden tried to be as comforting as she could to Laura. Without using telepathy, just with body language, she could tell this was going to be a long road.

That being said, she was exhausted, something caffeine was not going to entirely fix. But, she didn't feel comfortable sleeping with this threat over her head.

Telepathically, she sent out a message.

"I need your help tonight"

(Him) "very well, send me a location"

"Thank you, watch for agency killers. It is likely nothing, but I have someone I love here"

(Him)" I don't sleep much anyway Eden, it is not a problem"

With a couple of added connections, she felt secure snuggling comfortably going to sleep.

@Camleen @Ms.Ezra

Hell's Kitchen
New York City

The large shambling pale man broke into the market's back room. He quickly opened up a large can of chili and started to shove it down his amply sized mouth and throat. This wasn't a large market and soon enough one of the market workers, a young woman walked in on him during his erstwhile meal. This of course elicited a loud scream and a stream of people running pell-mell out of the market. One of Rin's contacts promptly calls her for help.

@Michale CS

Hell's Kitchen
New York City

The large shambling pale man broke into the market's back room. He quickly opened up a large can of chili and started to shove it down his amply sized mouth and throat. This wasn't a large market and soon enough one of the market workers, a young woman walked in on him during his erstwhile meal. This of course elicited a loud scream and a stream of people running pell-mell out of the market. One of Rin's contacts promptly calls her for help.

@Michale CS

"A what again? A zombie... Eating chili... No, I'm not laughing... Sure I'll be there... Give me the cross streets again...? Five minutes. I haven't teeped there before I'll have to fly the last bit. Be there soon!" Rin shook her head as she hung up, putting the phone away and triggering her transformation sequence.

Moments later she'd teleported to an alley about a dozen blocks away from the market, and then she flew to the address she'd been given.

Coming across the ... Guy? Rin gave a shrill whistle. "Hey, ano... If you're hungry I can get you to the 12th Street shelter, or maybe the Whitmore?" She attempted to get his attention while trying to filter his emotions ( if he had any ) from the persimmon and sour milk of the panic and fear that the guy had caused all around.

@Gands