Hell's kitchen
A couple of hours after dark

The large pale man turned looking at Rin with his head tilted.

upload_2017-7-23_22-28-23.png

(( His emotions largely consisted of anger, rage and a generally sour disposition ))

" Funny little woman needs more clothes. Solomon Grundy already eat... not hungry now "

@Michale CS

Hell's kitchen
A couple of hours after dark

The large pale man turned looking at Rin with his head tilted.

View attachment 142094

(( His emotions largely consisted of anger, rage and a generally sour disposition ))

" Funny little woman needs more clothes. Solomon Grundy already eat... not hungry now "

@Michale CS

Great. Being a metahuman otaku, Rin even knew the sort of nursery rhyme that went with Grundy...

"Solomon Grundy,
Born on a Monday,
Christened on Tuesday,
Married on Wednesday,
Took ill on Thursday,
Grew worse on Friday,
Died on Saturday,
Buried on Sunday.
That was the end,
Of Solomon Grundy."

Of course Rin didn't say that aloud, it tended to piss Grundy off, from what she recalled. But... What she said in response might not have, in retrospect, been much better.

"I don't know, looks like you could use a new pair of pants yourself. Why don't we go outside and you can oh, I dunno come with me for Ice Cream? We really need not to be ransacking stores. People depend on these places and you're kinda freaking a lot of innocent people. I'm Avatar by the way. Nice to meet you?"

At the same time, however, she summoned up her armor of light, in case her trying to talk Grundy down earned her a violent response.

@Gands

Solomon Grundy
Hells Kitchen New York

The big pale man tilted his head again as he talked to the pretty young woman.

"All Grundy wants is peace and quiet. Too much screaming everywhere he goes"

Then he stops and looks down at his pants. . .

"Grundy has pants crazy little woman, why say that ? "

@Michale CS

Solomon Grundy
Hells Kitchen New York

The big pale man tilted his head again as he talked to the pretty young woman.

"All Grundy wants is peace and quiet. Too much screaming everywhere he goes"

Then he stops and looks down at his pants. . .

"Grundy has pants crazy little woman, why say that ? "

@Michale CS

"No reason." She didn't want to mention that they were tattered and smelled like a swamp. Well he really smelled like that all over.

"Peace and quiet. I can do that for you." Rin floated up to Grundy and extended her hand. "Here, take my hand and I'll lead you somewhere nice and quiet." Rin had memorized a few teleport locations deep in the heart of Central Park. Once there her plan would be to call someone of like, JLA or Avengers level to deal with Grundy. The rumor was he once just caught and blocked a punch from Superman! No way she wanted him upset anywhere near where people could get hurt.

At the same time, she drew a small happiness kanji behind her back and got ready to hit Grundy with it if this went South.

@Gands

nBz29sH.gif

After putting Laura to bed, Janice gave Eden a kiss and told her "I have a couple little things I want to do in my shop, but I'll be right up."

Down in the shop, Janice did the light work of finishing up the cosmetic issues that hid wires, and ran a diagnostic on the helmet. To her delight, it was going to be ready sooner than she thought. She just needed to add in the small repulsors, and the back appartatus for her other tools.

After her work was done for the night, Janice settled into bed with Eden. There were no words exchanged that night, just smiles in the dark and a warm embrace.

The Next Morning

The next morning Janice threw on some red boxers and a large white Stark Industries shirt before going to check on Laura. She was concerned to see Hello Kitty and Mr. Monkey outside, but she felt better seeing that Laura had actually fallen asleep. Even if it wasn't where she'd have liked. "Oh well....baby steps."

"Laura? Laura honey?" Janice gave Laura a light shake to wake her, kneeling down. "Time to wake up. We have a lot to do, starting with breakfast."

@Camleen @Gands

X23C.jpg

When Janice (and maybe Eden too if she gets up in time) look into her room, they would indeed find Laura sitting in the corner. She almost seems comfortable, as if that is what she knows. Her shoes and socks, by the time, had been kicked off, strewn along the floor. And as Janice approaches her, her eyes would catch faint glints of metal, reflecting from what light there is. Her 'claws' and 'talons' had extended just a little as she slept. Just a little, enough to be noticed. The back of her hands just behind her knuckles, from between her big toe and her second toe on her feet. Where the blades pushed through her skin, there is faint traces of blood around the wounds. As Janice gets closer, it's as if Laura's subconscious perceives her approach. Or maybe she never really actually sleeps very deeply. The blades draw in slowly once Janice is near, leaving the small marks of blood there, the wounds themselves gone.

Laura's eyes flutter half open as she lets out a small murmur of complaint at having to wake up. She was having her dream. That dream she has almost nightly.

She looks in Janice's general direction as her mind starts to wake up also, and she sits up moreso. She sits there kind of just staring at Janice then, able to finally focus on her. She just nods absently to her words, letting out a brief "…kay." And she then pushes herself up slowly, groggily. Continuing to hold the blanket around her, she moves off to Janice's side a little, peering passed her towards the door. The majority of the blanket trailing behind her along the floor, like some long train. She makes her Mr. Monkey and Hello Kitty are still where she left them, and safe.

That done, she looks up to Janice, still clearly not wholly awake. "Breakfast?" she says softly.

Tagging: @Ms.Ezra, @Gands

Eden Haller aka Psyhawk

Eden woke when Janice did. As her partner went to get Laura, she went downstairs to start coffee and breakfast. She exchanged messages with her friend watching them from the skies. No discernable activity.

She sent a naughty telepathic image to Janice when she finished coming down the stairs.

"Good morning ladies, time to place breakfast orders!"

She give Janice a loving kiss & hug. Nothing obviously naughty in front of Laura.

@Camleen @Ms.Ezra

nBz29sH.gif

"Yeah, you know eggs, bacon, pancakes." Janice walked with Laura downstairs, careful not to step on her blanket train. She received Eden's mental image, and blushed deeply.

No fair. Wait. Janice sent another back. Something saucier, both literally and figuratively.

"I'll have two eggs, sunny side up." Janice said to Eden after their hug and kiss, sending her another mental image of what else she'd like if they were alone, with a wink. She poured herself and Laura two big glasses of orange juice.

"Eat and drink up. We got a lot to do today. New bed, new clothes, and if you want we can check up on your friends. Would you like that?" She asked Laura.

@Gands @Camleen

X23C.jpg

Keeping the blanket wrapped around her body, she moves with Janice down the stairs. She looks over her shoulder a moment, making sure Mr. Monkey and Hello Kitty are good. She kind of hops down the last few stairs… almost tripping on her blanket…

As Eden greets Janice, Laura moves to one of the chairs and plops down on it. She sits on her knees, as she seems to always do. She looks towards Janice when she gives her order to Eden. Laura seems to think about that, and then she looks to Eden and nods silently to her. Perhaps saying that she'll have the same. Since she has no idea really what the options are.

The orange juice is presented to her, and she grasps the cold glass with both hands. She starts to drink it… and drink it… and drink it. In one long swig, almost ¾ of her orange juice is gone. She sets the glass on the table in front of her, both hands still wrapped around it. New bed… new clothes… why does she not like that prospect? What could possibly be wrong with such wonderful things? Perhaps it's just the fact she's in unknown territory here. She stares at her glass as Janice speaks, and then her eyes move to Eden to watch her quietly a few moments. As if she were studying the woman, oddly.

Laura nods a little as she looks back towards Janice. "I need to make sure they are safe." A troubled look draws across her features a moment, and she looks back to her glass as she continues. "There are bad people in the ratways." The name most use to describes the alleys in that area. "I kept my friends safe from them. I... liked being able to keep people around me safe." She nods again, taking a sip (just a sip this time) of her orange juice. As she said that last part, her gaze lifted towards Eden, and then away again.

Tagging: @Ms.Ezra, @Gands

Eden Haller aka Psyhawk

Eden was cheerful Janice did notice her partner develop her own reddened cheeks as she cooked. She knew how big Janice's appetite, and so served her a normal breakfast. For Laura, she got extra. Basically, more of everything. Roughly the same for herself. Shield had a theory, that for many meta humans, powers burned calories.

She served her partner with a kiss on the cheek, and Laura with a kiss on the top of her head. She topped off both their drinks and served herself more coffee.

"I am in complete agreement with you Laura. I protect those I love too."

{ Telepathically to Janice}

" I had a friend watch the apartment last night, and probably for a few more nights yet to come"

"Will I have time for a shower girls ? "

@Camleen @Ms.Ezra

Christian Star/ Construct

Christian took a deep breath as he sat in one of the most secluded parts of Central Park, leaning over the typewriter and tearing out his piece of paper. That was stupid- he ripped it up and debated what to write instead. He started to write the perfect scene and then screw up the sword description. A very badly bent sword appeared in front of him. Ugh- even after 147 years of life, writer's block still sucked.

God, what he wouldn't give for some action.

@Michale CS @Gands

BROOKLYN
Night after Charity Event
Castle Wyvern had been quiet above the clouds while the sun shone upon it. Except for the wind and occasional hum from a passing helicopter or other aircraft. The Gargoyle clan had stood asleep in that time while things transpired below.

When the sun fell, so did their shells of stone as they awoke with their mighty roars. Brooklyn shook the last bits of stone clinging to his form before launching from his spot into the air.

"Race is on Odessa!" He said as he pulled in his wings to dive down as fast as possible. When he reached a decent height, he unfurled his wings and started gliding towards Central Park. He would bob and weave through the air, sometime touching down on a secluded roof to perform a quick look around the vicinity for anything of interest. Besides of course the many modern things he didn't quite understand. Then he'd catch an updraft and continue the race to the park.

Eventually he would reach the park, and after circling find a dark secluded spot to land.

Who had won?

@Michale CS

Central Park
Soloman Grundy

The large pale man tilted his head as he listened to Rin talk to him. She had a pleasant voice. He decided to go with her for a while.

Rin's teleport went off without a hitch. It pulled herself and the massive Grundy to a secluded spot deep in the park. Nearby, there was a single fellow sitting with a typewriter....

Not Far Away..
Emerald dream was tracking her patrol buddy with a cool tracking gizmo she had whipped up. Nessa wasn't far away when suddenly her friend disappeared from the map and reappeared a good distance further. " Uggh, what a pain that teleport is. " And off ran Emerald dream trying to catch up.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Michale CS

Eventually he would reach the park, and after circling find a dark secluded spot to land.

Who had won?
The whole way it looked very even... Until the very end. Suddenly, Odessa seemed to fall back, but she had purposely caught an updraft... Then, spiraled past Brooklyn like he was standing still.

When he landed, a few seconds later, she grinned. From that sudden burst of speed it was apparent that she'd been holding back the whole time. "Don't be too disappointed... You taught me that trick... Or rather, the other... You."

She wasn't admitting, even now, that she'd been holding back. A very gracious winner.

@Sir Kaltao

The large pale man tilted his head as he listened to Rin talk to him. She had a pleasant voice. He decided to go with her for a while.

Rin's teleport went off without a hitch. It pulled herself and the massive Grundy to a secluded spot deep in the park. Nearby, there was a single fellow sitting with a typewriter....

"Okay... That's new." Rin commented, a bit out of breath. The extra mass of the huge man made this teleport a bit more taxing than usual. And, into the communicator she said softly, "Sorry hun... But when you see who I got with me, you'll understand..You happen to know any Avengers or JLA members? This is kinda major."

To Grundy she said, "All right. No one to bother you here. Just relax huh?"

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands

Christian swore that the universe answered his prayers in many ways, but Soloman Grundy was not one of the ways he expected it to be answered. He coughed when Rin said that nobody was around. " Hi, I'm no one." He couldn't help himself. As he waited for her replies, he clicked on his typewriter and finally figured out the scene he had been trying to write and the perfect description for the sword.

@Michale CS @Gands

• Love
Reactions: Michale CS

Christian swore that the universe answered his prayers in many ways, but Soloman Grundy was not one of the ways he expected it to be answered. He coughed when Rin said that nobody was around. " Hi, I'm no one." He couldn't help himself. As he waited for her replies, he clicked on his typewriter and finally figured out the scene he had been trying to write and the perfect description for the sword.

@Michale CS @Gands

Rin rolled her eyes at his response and marveled at his composure. "Ano... You might want to get out of here." She gestured towards Grundy in a way that her body blocked Gold from seeing the movement.

Then she turned to Cyrus again and spoke. "Okay, so it's mostly deserted, and neither I or the guy on the typewriter seem to mind your company, so... You can relax?"

@Gands @LuckycoolHawk9

Christian looked over at her for a moment, before going back to type on the keys of his typewriter. He stared at the sword that had appeared in front of him. Perfect in every way that he wanted it to be. He hoped that didn't upset the zombie. Sometimes he didn't intend to construct something, but he did. This was one of those times.

He turned to her, looking up from the typewriter. " Actually, I am grateful for your appearance. It allowed me to get over my writer's block slump I have been having, so relax," he replied back to the zombie.

@Gands @Michale CS

Last edited:
Solomon Grundy
central park

Grundy seems in fact quite relaxed. He shuffles over to typewriter man, sits next to him on the ground. He wraps an arm around the other man and goes quickly to sleep.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Michale CS

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
Rin made a few gestures with her hands in genuine disbelief. "You just... had Solomon Grundy... cuddle up and fall asleep on you like a toddler. Just... what the heck is your deal, man? Don't you know that any second old Grundy can wake up and decide he'd like fresh squeezed author for breakfast? I mean... I- I should call someone. The Avengers or the Justice League or something. Grundy's traded blows with the Hulk and walked away, you're in a lot of danger, mister. Really."

She cast around looking to see what she could from where she was, taking to the air briefly to try to get her bearings. There, that was the Avengers Tower in the distance. Maybe Stark...? But she couldn't leave this guy with Grundy, not after what she'd heard about the zombie.

Rin grumbled. She could make a light construct but only of Japanese Kanji. Hopefully someone at Avengers Tower read Japanese?

She concentrated and fired up over their heads the following in three foot high lettering...

怪獣
Rin just waited at that point. The Kanji she had made wasn't an emotion name nor did she attach any emotion to it. She only left it up for a short time before dispelling it, so it could be written off as some kind of firework. Hopefully, however, whomever was on watch at the Avengers Tower would think it was more than that.

@Gands @LuckycoolHawk9

Christian Star/Construct

Christian looked over at Grundy who had relaxed next to him and shuffled over to him and sat down next to him. That was the last thing he expect Grundy to do in the slightest.

Christian simply shrugged. " It's not the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me quite honestly. As for me, I'm a writer. I write things and mostly objects they come to life. Can do emotions too, but it is more difficult to gauge if the emotions will work out. It's fine, I regenerate rather quickly for most people, takes ten years off my life- it works really well each time I die. I've been alive for a while, I don't feel unsafe. Besides I can write something to protect me. You should be quiet though, you might wake him up.""

He knew he got cranky when he was woken from other sleep and all the monster seemed to want was quiet. It was one of the first things they had mentioned and he seemed fine. Of course, this was Christian's first time dealing with a zombie, so he wasn't sure if she knew more about him.

Christian rolled his eyes and didn't mention he was being cuddled. He had typed with his feet before and he did need the break quite honestly.

He was silent as she shot the firework up into the air. It was much more silent that he expected.
Christian looked over at her. " I never did officially introduce myself. I'm terribly sorry about that. The name is Christian Star also known as Construct. You can guess why I got the name, but I explained it earlier. So, I know that this zombie is Soloman Grundy, but you never did officially introduce yourself to me. So, who would you be?"

@Michale CS @Gands

Last edited: