• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Should we split into two groups? Or should we reduce the character limit to one?

• 17 characters, 2 groups.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • 11 characters, 1 group.

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question, what's the Joining? idk I have no knowledge of Dragon Age
The Joining is the ritual by which an individual becomes one of the Grey Wardens. It involves traces of blood magic, lyrium, the darkspawn taint via vials of their blood, a drop of Archdemon blood, and the magic of Arlathan (most of what is still known). Through this they gain powers that include the ability to kill an Archdemon, enhanced strength and stamina, and a resistance to most diseases. However, Wardens typically only live for thirty to thirty-five years after their Joining and the Joining will kill around one-third to half of all recruits on average, but there are some occasions where no recuits die and all pass.

The public, however, only knows that the Joining is how someone becomes a Warden. Only Wardens and a select few else know what occurs during the Joining.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Periwinkle
I would offer Oze, but I don't think she'd be too interested in that.

I would offer Oze, but I don't think she'd be too interested in that.
Not interesting in dragon-slaying? And remember, the public only knows that the Joining is how someone becomes a Warden.

Not interesting in dragon-slaying? And remember, the public only knows that the Joining is how someone becomes a Warden.
I mean she'll be interested, she just won't do it. She'd be too stubborn. But yeah, I know. :P

@AceSorcerer

Ah, so that's what the Joining is. Welp, idk how that'll affect Alan, but Elwyn would probably shrug it off if he ever found out.

Well, he's not wrong.

It will really depend when the Joining happens and where my character stands/ what hes accomplished. I personally would love to see him participate in the Joining but its all up in the air until things unfold.

It's meant to be an early plot point, allowing for subplots with Warden training and adjusting to what being a Warden entails. This'll also affect character development to some extent.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it is not, for now. We are just about max capacity, just currently in the process of waiting for the last few character sheets from a couple of folks who reserved spots earlier. But if any of them decide to drop out or if we need more people down the road I'll make sure you get a PM. Sorry! :c
okay...;-;

Nine out of the eleven writers have voted~

It's a lot closer than I expected however, quite dramatic.

Either way, I'm working on the draft for the IC so when voting ends it shouldn't be too long after we can begin. The members of the expedition will be gathering in the courtyard of the Royal Palace, each will be in possession of the a recruitment letter that also serves as their ticket of entry into the castle. Few letters were spread across the continent but each promises riches, glory, and a chance to stop the darkspawn advancement. Therefore, those who have these letters must have either been resourceful enough to defend their copy, or were capable enough to kill someone else for theirs. A discreet test of skill.

The exception to above is Arrahel as he will become a member of the expedition whilst encountering them after they set off. If anyone wishes to have their character join in a similar fashion, PM me~

Hmmm... who here would be up for an en masse Skype call? It would certainly be amusing, at least. It could also be a great brainstorming session.

Reactions: Periwinkle
Hmmm... who here would be up for an en masse Skype call? It would certainly be amusing, at least. It could also be a great brainstorming session.

If it's within everyone's interest I wouldn't mind making a call for a quicker way to communicate ideas.

I don't mind, but I'm probably not going to be much help.

Shall we pm the admin our Skype handles?

I think Ered would be greatly interested in becoming a Grey Warden. Would give some purpose to his mundane life. Is this still an option or no?

I think Ered would be greatly interested in becoming a Grey Warden. Would give some purpose to his mundane life. Is this still an option or no?
Definitely still an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.