Should we split into two groups? Or should we reduce the character limit to one?

• 17 characters, 2 groups.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • 11 characters, 1 group.

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Name:
Gerric Permoira

Sex:
Male

Race:
Elf

Origin:
~Tevinter Imperium~
The Tevinter Imperium is the longest existing human country in Thedas and is ruled by a powerful magocracy. The leaders of the Imperium are called magisters, and are led by the Imperial Archon. Tevinter society is notoriously decadent yet also takes great pride in their history and culture. The Imperium treasures their past and preserves it, as indicated that everything they've built has been carefully preserved and renovated. Ambition and magical ability are the hallmarks of its ruling elite, the magisters. In ancient times, the Imperium's power was unrivaled and its borders stretched across nearly the entire continent. In modern times, while Tevinter is a shadow of its former self in both size and power, it is still relatively powerful, and a major nation of Thedas

Appearance: His hair is white as snow and his eyes are sky blue. His robes are different shades of Black and Dark Grey with Red accents. His skin is unnaturally pale, but he doesn't seem sick, despite this.
00211.jpg

Biography:
Like many children who were lucky enough to show magical abilities at a young age, Gerric was taken by the Circle of Magi and trained as a mage under the teachers there. His knowledge and learning capabilities were great and he quickly (well, quickly for what could be considered quick in the Circle) rose through his training to the end of his apprenticeship and the day of his Harrowing was upon him. The day where he would be sent into the Fade to face a demon and prevail or die. He knew about the temptations; what the demons would say or do to try to offer their services in order for something very sinister from them.

He entered the Fade confident. He was prepared to defeat this demon and finally move up from the rank of Apprentice. He left the Fade, simply, different. No one in the Circle is really sure what happened, but, with his return, assumed that he had defeated the demon and returned to them, anxious to continue his studies. However, the very next morning, he was gone from the tower completely. Somehow during the night, he escaped and none in the Circle have seen him in years, all assuming he is dead.

Here's the true story: He entered the Fade to defeat the demon and continue his training as a step higher than Apprentice. He found the demon he was sent to destroy, resisting all temptations offered by the demon. It was a grueling battle with a very powerful demon, but it was obvious Gerric would be the victor. Just before Gerric was to defeat the demon, it made one last plea: if Gerric was to let the demon live, he would teach Gerric a power not many had the ability to use: the ancient (and forbidden) art of Blood Magic. In exchange for the demon's life, Gerric could obtain a power very few Mages knew, or would openly know. Gerric agreed to these terms and he let the demon live, taking a memento from said demon to show it's 'death.'

After his return to the Circle, he was rewarded for his victory and was sent off to bed to rest up after such a trial. During the late night, he snuck away from the tower, past the guards and other mages and out of the city in which he was living and out to a small town where no one knew him and he could start a new life with his new powers.

Finding no place that he has deemed safe enough, he travels around the continent, looking for a place solitary enough to call home.

Class and Specialization:
Mage - Blood Mage

Defining Strength:
- Extreme Constitution -
He is widely thought to be unkillable because of his capability to be able to sustain a large number of attacks that would incapacitate any normal person from blood loss without seeming to be affected.

Other Strengths:
- Incredibly Smart -
He can recall anything he has seen read or heard

- Strategic -
He thinks ahead into possible battles and situations, being able to weigh the odds of success or failure

- Stealthy -
He is surprisingly sneaky and quiet for being a mage

- Quiet -
Where one would normally speak, he chooses to listen and observe his situation and surroundings

Greatest Weakness:
- Severe Distrust -
He doesn't trust anyone and can't bring himself to attempt to trust anyone, despite his attempts

Other Weaknesses:
- Rude -
He is rude to everyone he meets initially, and even after he knows someone. Some see it as a character trait, some find it as a weakness to his character

- Stubborn -
When he gets an idea or plan that he agrees with, nothing will sway him from that train of thought

- Weak -
He is incredibly weak physically and cannot wield weapons in any situations, save for daggers/knives that he doesn't know how to use well

- Closed Off -
He doesn't get close to anyone and never lets his emotions show
I didn't even read it but once I saw his picture I was like "DIBS" because... I'm quite literally, a typical teenage girl.

• Love
Reactions: Wolfsin
I didn't even read it but once I saw his picture I was like "DIBS" because... I'm quite literally, a typical teenage girl.
Okay okay, I know guys, I need hugs.
too typical for you apparently.

Oh my lordie xD Well that makes me feel a lot better <3
We shall bond over the typicality of our teenage girl mannerisms (Despite the fact that I'm male, but I'm incredibly effeminate so it's okay~) <3

• Love
Reactions: Periwinkle
You know - avoiding templars, resisting demons (with the exception of our blood mages), reducing darkspawn to dust, that kind of stuff. All of our mages are apostates so far, at least I think.
Thankfully, Wardens are exempt from apostate status.

Which is probably why the twins are interested... plus end of the world and all that, too. But mainly the not being chased by templars anymore bit.

Name:
Gerric Permoira

Sex:
Male

Race:
Elf

Origin:
~Tevinter Imperium~
The Tevinter Imperium is the longest existing human country in Thedas and is ruled by a powerful magocracy. The leaders of the Imperium are called magisters, and are led by the Imperial Archon. Tevinter society is notoriously decadent yet also takes great pride in their history and culture. The Imperium treasures their past and preserves it, as indicated that everything they've built has been carefully preserved and renovated. Ambition and magical ability are the hallmarks of its ruling elite, the magisters. In ancient times, the Imperium's power was unrivaled and its borders stretched across nearly the entire continent. In modern times, while Tevinter is a shadow of its former self in both size and power, it is still relatively powerful, and a major nation of Thedas

Appearance: His hair is white as snow and his eyes are sky blue. His robes are different shades of Black and Dark Grey with Red accents. His skin is unnaturally pale, but he doesn't seem sick, despite this.
00211.jpg

Biography:
Like many children who were lucky enough to show magical abilities at a young age, Gerric was taken by the Circle of Magi and trained as a mage under the teachers there. His knowledge and learning capabilities were great and he quickly (well, quickly for what could be considered quick in the Circle) rose through his training to the end of his apprenticeship and the day of his Harrowing was upon him. The day where he would be sent into the Fade to face a demon and prevail or die. He knew about the temptations; what the demons would say or do to try to offer their services in order for something very sinister from them.

He entered the Fade confident. He was prepared to defeat this demon and finally move up from the rank of Apprentice. He left the Fade, simply, different. No one in the Circle is really sure what happened, but, with his return, assumed that he had defeated the demon and returned to them, anxious to continue his studies. However, the very next morning, he was gone from the tower completely. Somehow during the night, he escaped and none in the Circle have seen him in years, all assuming he is dead.

Here's the true story: He entered the Fade to defeat the demon and continue his training as a step higher than Apprentice. He found the demon he was sent to destroy, resisting all temptations offered by the demon. It was a grueling battle with a very powerful demon, but it was obvious Gerric would be the victor. Just before Gerric was to defeat the demon, it made one last plea: if Gerric was to let the demon live, he would teach Gerric a power not many had the ability to use: the ancient (and forbidden) art of Blood Magic. In exchange for the demon's life, Gerric could obtain a power very few Mages knew, or would openly know. Gerric agreed to these terms and he let the demon live, taking a memento from said demon to show it's 'death.'

After his return to the Circle, he was rewarded for his victory and was sent off to bed to rest up after such a trial. During the late night, he snuck away from the tower, past the guards and other mages and out of the city in which he was living and out to a small town where no one knew him and he could start a new life with his new powers.

Finding no place that he has deemed safe enough, he travels around the continent, looking for a place solitary enough to call home.

Mage - Blood Mage

Defining Strength:
- Extreme Constitution -
He is widely thought to be unkillable because of his capability to be able to sustain a large number of attacks that would incapacitate any normal person from blood loss without seeming to be affected.

Other Strengths:
- Incredibly Smart -

- Strategic -
He thinks ahead into possible battles and situations, being able to weigh the odds of success or failure

- Stealthy -

- Quiet -
Where one would normally speak, he chooses to listen and observe his situation and surroundings

Greatest Weakness:
- Severe Distrust -
He doesn't trust anyone and can't bring himself to attempt to trust anyone, despite his attempts

Other Weaknesses:
- Rude -
He is rude to everyone he meets initially, and even after he knows someone. Some see it as a character trait, some find it as a weakness to his character

- Stubborn -
When he gets an idea or plan that he agrees with, nothing will sway him from that train of thought

- Weak -
He is incredibly weak physically and cannot wield weapons in any situations, save for daggers/knives that he doesn't know how to use well

- Closed Off -
I like him, he's cute! But there are a few things that need to be edited. They are mainly just lore inconsistencies but like you mentioned earlier, you are new to the universe and that's okay. (:

First off, blood magic is a forbidden art but it is not a forgotten one especially in Tevinter. Mages are constantly reminded about what blood magic is and why it is wrong, but many still know that it grants immense amounts of power. In fact, the Magisters of the Imperium condone the use of blood magic in public but many blood sacrifices and rituals still occur behind locked doors because the Vints are always looking to be stronger than the next mage.

Also as magic is considered a gift in the Imperium and is celebrated, he wouldn't have to sneak out of the Circle there. He'd be free to pursue what he wants after he passed his harrowing, get into politics, get a couple of slaves, leave town, anything really. But the moment he leaves the borders of the Imperium, he's an apostate and templars from foreign nations will hunt him down if they knew it.

and lastly I'd prefer something more akin to artwork. BUT he reminded me of this picture I have in my folder full of artwork and it could work but you don't have to use it isn't to your tastes~

842437e0f48889c47cb630b74b810a4c.jpg

I like him, he's cute! But there are a few things that need to be edited. They are mainly just lore inconsistencies but like you mentioned earlier, you are new to the universe and that's okay. (:

First off, blood magic is a forbidden art but it is not a forgotten one especially in Tevinter. Mages are constantly reminded about what blood magic is and why it is wrong, but many still know that it grants immense amounts of power. In fact, the Magisters of the Imperium condone the use of blood magic in public but many blood sacrifices and rituals still occur behind locked doors because the Vints are always looking to be stronger than the next mage.

Also as magic is considered a gift in the Imperium and is celebrated, he wouldn't have to sneak out of the Circle there. He'd be free to pursue what he wants after he passed his harrowing, get into politics, get a couple of slaves, leave town, anything really. But the moment he leaves the borders of the Imperium, he's an apostate and templars from foreign nations will hunt him down if they knew it.

and lastly I'd prefer something more akin to artwork. BUT he reminded me of this picture I have in my folder full of artwork and it could work but you don't have to use it isn't to your tastes~

Okay, thanks for the info ^_^ I'll adjust his bio a bit to make it to where he just left then and is looking for somewhere to live around the Imperium ^^ and I love that picture and would be happy to use it so it fits both of our preferences ^_^

• Thank You
Reactions: Bears
One more question! @BearEnthusiast was everything else about his bio okay? Like his interaction with the demon and everything but the sneaking and leaving the Imperium??

Name:
Gerric Permoira

Sex:
Male

Race:
Elf

Origin:
~Tevinter Imperium~

842437e0f48889c47cb630b74b810a4c-jpg.113209

Biography:

He entered the Fade confident. He was prepared to defeat this demon and finally move up from the rank of Apprentice. He left the Fade, simply, different. No one in the Circle is really sure what happened, but, with his return, assumed that he had defeated the demon and returned to them, anxious to continue his studies.

After his return to the Circle, he was rewarded for his victory and was sent off to bed to rest up after such a trial. The next day, after the completion of his Harrowing was officially recognized, he left the Circle. As he was never close to anyone, no one knows why he left, but they haven't heard from him in years and no one has ever tried to look for him.

Finding no place that he has deemed worthy enough to be a home for him, he travels around the Imperium, looking for a place solitary enough to call home.

Mage - Blood Mage

Defining Strength:
- Extreme Constitution -

Other Strengths:
- Incredibly Smart -

- Strategic -

- Stealthy -

- Quiet -

Greatest Weakness:
- Severe Distrust -

Other Weaknesses:
- Rude -

- Stubborn -

- Weak -

- Closed Off -
For "Incredibly Smart," you'll find what you're looking for is called an eidietic memory. Just thought I'd let you know!

• Thank You
Reactions: DustBunny
For "Incredibly Smart," you'll find what you're looking for is called an eidietic memory. Just thought I'd let you know!
THANK YOU! I never knew what that was called, so I went with basic smart ^^;

Reactions: DustBunny
One more question! @BearEnthusiast was everything else about his bio okay? Like his interaction with the demon and everything but the sneaking and leaving the Imperium??

His interaction with the demon is fine so long as it doesn't make him immune to temptation. Also remember that participating in blood magic is like walking on a very thin tight rope and despite all the precautions you might take, there will always be a chance you fall and when that happens you end up possessed or someone dies because of your actions. It's a repeating (albeit morbid) theme in the DA series. :3

EDIT: ALSO LOOK AT ALL THE DIVERSITY IN THE CURRENT CAST SECTION. Beautiful job guys.

His interaction with the demon is fine so long as it doesn't make him immune to temptation. Also remember that participating in blood magic is like walking on a very thin tight rope and despite all the precautions you might take, there will always be a chance you fall and when that happens you end up possessed or someone dies because of your actions. It's a repeating (albeit morbid) theme in the DA series. :3

EDIT: ALSO LOOK AT ALL THE DIVERSITY IN THE CURRENT CAST SECTION. Beautiful job guys.
Totally okay with that ^_^ I went ahead and made those adjustments on his CS ^_^ thanks for being so helpful~

cough there's a new entry in the faction post cough

Status
Not open for further replies.