Desperation and hunger

Katy waited in a bush, her face changing at the thought of getting to feed. She never really cared about controlling the bloodlust on her face. Her prey usually never got to scream or anything when she attacked.

The car passed Drake. At first he thought they would keep going. The it slowed and came to a stop a few yards down the road. Whoever was driving got out. It was too dark to see his face. Dinner is served. He thought.

Katy shifted into a better position. Once the person got closer, then she'd spring.

"What's the problem." The person called. He sounded like an older man, likely in his 40's, and it seemed like the car was empty. "I was out here with friends. We got in a fight and they left me with a broken arm."

Katy grew impatient. She was tired of having to wait but the human wasn't close enough to her yet. She kept waiting.

"Out here with some 'friends' huh? Is that all?" The man was now right in front of him.

Katy shifted, waiting for the right time. If she didn't time it right, she could end up killing Drake instead of the human. She didn't want to make that mistake.

"Let me see that arm of yours."
"Don't touch it." Drake backed off a few steps. "It hurts."

Katy sprung in a blur, and before the man could make any noise she sank her fangs into his throat and drained him dry and dropped his body to the ground, kicking it towards the woods. "We need to move that car." She started towards it after burying the guy.

"Woah... That was FAST! I wish I could move that fast. Of course, I'm super strong as a wolf but still!"

"How long does it take you to heal?" She dragged the car off to the side, and slammed it into the tree so hard the engine exploded and and lit fire. Then, suddenly inspired, she unburied the man and chucked him into the burning vehicle and then very rapidly began walking away.

"Wait up!" Jogged up beside her. "It may take an hour for my arm to heal. I cant just snap my fingers and be better."

"Well I knew that. I'm not stupid." She rolled her eyes.

"You asked," He said, "And I never said anything about you being stupid."

"You implied it." She sighed. "But anyways, now we need to find a place to sleep. I am not sleeping in the woods."

"Fine... I believe the town is off in that direction. Maybe a 15 minute walk."

"That's one of the shortest distances walks I've done in a while." Katy was less irritable now that she'd fed, although she'd probably feed again once they got to town.

"I don't like the city too much. They feel too closed in, no trees or grass, and it smells like gasoline."

"Well you can sleep in the woods then. I feel dirty and gross."

"Alright, I'll just come with you and make sure you find a place." Drake suggested.