Desperation and hunger

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Well I thought it was strange that you two were traveling together." He stood straight. "Considering she's a vampire and you're a wolf."

Katy stared at him, surprised. "How do you know?" Their scent wasn't strong enough to identify it.

The boy didn't respond.

Drake glanced at Katy. "Is it bad that he knows? He must be a vampire or a werewolf."

"Doesn't mean that he isn't a threat." She snapped at Drake.

The boy reeled back. "I'm not a threat."

Katy glared at him. "How should we know?"

The boy sighed.

"I think he's fine." Drake said. "I doubt he would even think about trying."

Katy snorted and looked at Drake. "Still."

The boy finally spoke up. "I'm a Hybrid."

Katy glared at him again. "A WHAT?!"

The boy sighed. "My name is Riley, and I'm a vampire-werewolf hybrid."

Drake blinked. "A hybrid...... That's new..."

"Yeah, and he could be even more dangerous than anything else!" Katy nearly shouted.

Riley flinched. "Everybody always reacts like this..."

"A hybrid... That's amazing! How did you become one? What's it like?"

Riley opened his mouth to speak, but Katy gave him a look that shut his mouth. Clearly he wasn't wanted here. He began to back away from there.

Katy continued to glare at Riley. He was something she'd never even thought was possible. Therefore, he wasn't to be trusted.

"Hey, where are you going. Katy, your scaring him."

Katy turned on Drake. "He could kill us! He's something I've never heard of as being possible. Do you want to be around someone who could hurt us at any moment?!"

Riley growled. "I don't turn unless it's to protect myself. And I can control it. I don't turn on full moons, and I do not attack vampires and werewolves that don't attack me first, and you're really beginning to push it with the verbal attacks."

"Be careful kid. I trust you, but she breaks bones when she's angry." Drake cautioned.

Riley rolled his eyes. "That wouldn't bother me much. Broken bones heal in like a half hour to two hours depending on how bad the break is."

Katy growled. "You're so special." Totally sarcastic tone.

Riley glared at her wordlessly.

"Will you two just stop." Drake said. "If you two keep up, there WILL be bone breaking."

"Or someone may lose their head." Katy growled.

"Just you try." Riley growled and then sighed. "I didn't follow you to cause problems. I followed because this made me curious."

"See, he's just curious," Drake said, "He just wants to know why we're together."

Katy growled deeply. "I don't care."

Riley watched her, instinctively getting into a defensive crouch.

Katy hissed at him.

Drake put himeslf between Riley and Katy. "Stop! Both of you! There is NO need to fight!"

Katy backed away. "Fine. But I don't trust him." She kept backing away.

Riley sighed and rolled his eyes. "Nobody ever does. All because nobody knows what the heck I am exactly."

Drake relaxed a little. "As long as you don't mean us harm, I trust you."