Desperation and hunger

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"I don't want to hurt anybody." Riley sighed. "But I don't want to tag along if she doesn't want me to."

Katy smirked. "Good."

"Katy..." Drake said. "What's with you? "Why can't you just give him a chance?"

"He could be dangerous! I've never heard or seen of anything like him before. I don't want to have a threat like that on our hands." She growled.

Riley flinched. "If you'd give me a chance, you'd see that I'm no threat to you. I could help..."

Katy growled again. "Yeah, I really doubt that."

Riley flinched and was silent.

Drake was getting frustrated. "Listen. He says he means no harm, he says he wants to tag along, he says he wants to help, besides him being a... whatever, why don't you trust him?"

Katy stared at Drake as if he was crazy. "He's an unknown being. Do we know exactly what he can do? No."

Riley was starting to get upset. "I won't harm you. How many times do I have to tell you that?"

Katy whipped her head around to glare at him. "Shut up! Just shut up!"

Katy glared at Drake. "I should leave you both here. I'm tired of this." She stomped away.

Riley watched her go silently.

"Katy." Drake wasn't sure if he should follow or stay with Riley. He didn't want Katy to leave, but he also didn't want to leave Riley.

Katy completely ignored him and kept walking. She didn't care at all if Drake followed her or not; she just didn't want Riley to follow her. In reality, she was afraid of him, she just didn't want to say so.

Riley was dead silent, a little irritated.

"Just... Wait here a moment." Drake told Riley. He quickly caught up with Katy. "Alright. Your acting like he committed a murder or something... Well that may be putting it lightly considering you do it all the time. More like a massacre. Why don't you like him? And don't say 'He can't be trusted, he dangerous,' or anything like that."

Katy scowled at him. "We know nothing about him, and he was following us like we were his prey. If we could trust him, don't you think he would have shown himself the very second he began following us? It's ridiculous that he was hiding when he was following us."

Riley tuned them out. He hated that he was making somebody angry. He was scared, that's why he was following secretly. But he also knew that nobody knew exactly what he could do. Even he didn't know.

"He seems like he was scared of us. Prey also hides to avoid being found." Drake glanced back at Riley, then at Katy. "I think he may be a bit lonely too. Likely he's the only one of his kind he knows of. I think we should let him tag along, even if it's just for a while."

Katy finally relented, guilt tugging at the back of her mind. "Alright." She turned towards Riley. "Come here."

Riley hesitated, but walked forward.

Drake sighed in relief. That could have been much worse. "So how long have you been on your own for?" He asked Riley.

Riley shrugged. "My whole life I guess since I was...created."

"Who created you?" Katy asked.

He shrugged. "I don't remember. All I remember is waking up in the dark."

"What about before that? Do you remember anything before you were changed?"

"No, I lost all of the memories. I have no idea how." He said with a shrug.

Katy has a neutral expression on her face. "I see."

"Well, since then... What has it been like, being a... Werepire? Vampwolf?"

"Don't call me that." Riley suddenly growled.

Katy watched with no expression on her face.

"Sorry," Drake said, "I didn't mean to offend you. I... just don't know what to call you."