Desperation and hunger

"Just call me Riley. I'm a Hybrid if you want a 'proper term' to call me." Riley growled.

"Ok Riley. Sorry." Drake was quiet for a few seconds. "So... Do you eat meat like a werewolf or drink blood, or both?"

"I prefer blood, but I can survive off of people food like a werewolf. I refuse to eat raw meat." Riley shuddered. "I find that disturbing."

Katy laughed. "That's ironic."

"What do you mean?"

"You'll drink blood and won't eat raw meat. Which usually has blood on it."

Riley just blinked. "You're not funny."

Katy shrugged.

Drake rolled his eyes. "Anyways, what about full moons? You transform like normal werewolfs?

"You don't?" Drake stopped. "So... is there a specific time you change or... can you shift whenever?"

"I figured out I can change whenever I want." Riley grinned but it faded quickly. "So in reality, I don't have to shift at all."

Katy relaxed at that. "So you really aren't a threat then."

"No! I hate turning! I'm so glad I don't have to!" Riley sounded relieved that Katy finally believed that he wasn't a threat.

"You can shift whenever? Wow. Wish I could do that." Drake said. "It would make life a whole lot simpler, not having to change during the full moon... Can you control yourself when shifted?"

"Yep pretty much. Although I prefer to avoid shifting all together."

"Ok, I'm a bit jealous." Drake said. "Wish I could control myself..."

"I'd offer to turn you if I could do it without killing you." Riley sighed looking frustrated.

"Do you even know how to turn people?" Drake asked.

"Oh, just thought... never mind." Drake sighed and kept walking.

"I just thought... you knew, like you've done it before."