Desperation and hunger

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"That's alright. I'll just compel someone to let me stay with them. They'll probably be my next meal." The last part was just Katy thinking out loud. It didn't seem to bother her that she said that out loud as she walked.

"Talk about stealing someones life... Figuratively and literately" Drake said.

"What else am I supposed to do? It's not like I can be moral or anything." She sighed. She didn't mention that she didn't have to live the way she did. She didn't want him to judge her for the way she was choosing to live. She was taking the path she thought was the best and the easiest.

"You could find an empty house or something," Drake mentioned. "It's not like you have to kill someone just to sleep somewhere. Killing to eat, I understand, but not just to do someting as simple as sleep.

"Well if I want to feed that would kill two birds with one stone." She flashed a smile then sighed. "You won't understand. I'm too immoral I know. But morality can't get in the way when you live forever feeding on blood."

Katy sighed in frustration; she wasn't going to try to make him understand. Clearly, it would be impossible just due to wolves didn't understand much. She kept walking in silence. She didn't really care if he followed anymore or not. She was used to being alone.

The boy, about Katy's age, was hidden in some plants, when he sensed movement. He crouched deeper in his bush, thinking maybe there were some stupid hikers that had gotten lost by the road somehow. Which would have meant dinner. But when the figures walked by, he noticed it was a vampire and a werewolf. That made him curious. He stayed downwind so they couldn't catch his scent, and hidden, and began following them.

Drake kept following. It wasn't like he had anywhere else to go. "Look, I know we don't have the same principles, but that doesn't mean you have to shun me. We are both different from humanity, were both-" He paused for a moment and glanced behind him. After listening for a bit he continued. "Were both hunters, having to feed whether we like it or not."

"At least you don't have to bite people and drink their blood." She snapped at him, glancing over her shoulder. She got a sense they were being followed, which was strange because she saw nobody there. And she couldn't smell anybody.

The boy crouched lower in the brush, wincing when a twig suddenly snapped. The last thing he needed was for them to know they were being followed. He wasn't a danger; he was just curious as to why the wolf and the vampire were traveling together. That was odd.

Drake didn't react when the twig snapped, acting like he didn't hear anything, but slightly glanced back then looked at Katy. "See anyone?" he whispered.

"No, but if there was someone there there's no point in whispering. The only things that would be able to follow so silent are vampires and they can hear you no matter what." Katy spoke rather loudly.

The boy stopped moving, and became dead silent, refusing to breathe. He didn't want them to know he was there just yet.

"Ok... But I still feel like someone is following." He started walking again.

"Either that or you're just paranoid." She laughed at him. Although she was beginning to feel a little uneasy.

The boy didn't move. He was beginning to think following was a mistake.

"Even if someone was following, I wouldn't mind as long as they weren't going to attack us or something like that."

Katy shrugged. "I don't like people following without knowing."

The boy cursed at himself and began following silently again. Despite what he just heard, he wasn't going to give himself away yet.

Drake kept walking, listening. He didn't like not knowing if there was someone or not. Soon though, they started coming up to the town. "Well, here we are."

Katy finally stopped and turned around. "Whoever is following us, come out now." She was sure there was someone there. She'd had that nagging feeling for a while now, and she never felt like that.

The boy shifted uncomfortably. He didn't know what to do in this situation. He was a little afraid of giving himself away, considering what he was. He wasn't accepted anywhere.

"And you said I was paranoid. " Drake said. He turned around. "We're not going to hurt you, we just want to know why your following us."

Katy tapped her foot impatiently. "I'll hurt you if you don't show yourself."

The boy slowly peeked his head out of the bush he was hiding in, just enough so they could see his face. His dark hair was a mess, and his icy blue eyes showed no emotion.

"Good thing you came out." Drake said. "She does hurt people, including me." He was still holding his arm. "What are you doing out here following us?"