• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"You know, I have no problem with you dating my grandson-- at least, before all of this. I was fine with it. Who am I to judge when I married an angel? My son married Seven who's not your usual demon. My other son married a half-nymph-- I was fine with my grandson dating you. Shame you didn't come to me and ask me to sort things out, isn't it? Because look at the situation you're in now, darling," he tutted, pressing his forearm further into his neck just to see her squirm a little more, a satisfied grin rising when he realised how frightened she was.

"I've been so good. My son, my little Oscar, doesn't like me killing, but I enjoy it. I didn't do it for such a long time out of respect for him. I've been on such good behaviour-- and you're testing my resolve," he sighed, pushing away, though only to push her onto the bed.

"Now, I'm offering you an ultimatum because I'm a good guy," he began, sitting in the armchair near the bed with that same dangerous smile. "I'm willing to keep you alive if you give me all the information you have available about the dragon kingdom. If you turn your backs on them and my grandson, tell me all you know about their weaponry and their armies, all that sort of thing, you can come to Hell and reunite with your worried family. I've matured in my old age. Decades ago, you'd be bleeding out on the floor and I'd miss out on the chance at gaining valuable information-- assuming you choose that option."

"...I can't just...Turn my back on my husband." She whimpered, backing away from him with fear in her eyes. "He'd never forgive me...And...And I truly love him...I.." She stopped talking, thinking over her choices. She knew if she didn't say anything, he'd kill her. If she did tell him...Mark would hate her, possibly kill her. What choice did she really have? Either way, she'd end up dead.

"...Y-Your Majesty...Please...Have mercy...I...I can't tell you, I...Mark would hate me...I...Don't know what to do." She whimpered, covering her face as she trembled. "...If...If I tell you...What are you going to do to Mark?"

"Mercy. Such a lovely concept but so unrealistic. You and my grandson plotted to attack me and my family. You had plans to rip out my granddaughter's heart. Angelica is really rather precious to me. I'm really rather angry about that-- and yet I'm supposed to grant you mercy. See, I have another granddaughter. Her name's Opal. She's currently in a phase where she likes to collect bones. Now, she's the apple of my eye, like a little mini-me, and I want to make her happy. Collecting your bones for her would make me the best granddad in the world," drawled Marco, not really answering any of her questions-- at least not directly. He wanted her to panic and be frightened, hence the lengthy tangent he ventured down.

"...Mark will be killed, of course. I don't intend to let him live. I tried to murder my own mother dozens of times. I love my family but... he severed his tie to me and to us when he committed such a senseless act and thoughts. So he'll be killed-- but you can be spared should you, like Wren, confess and offer information. That boy was due to be beheaded until he spilled everything, and now he's sat at a dinner table in my castle with my granddaughter. See how nice a man I am, sweetheart~?"

"....Killed?" She whispered, before looking down at herself with tears in her eyes. "...Then kill me too...I...I won't just continue living without him." She whispered, glaring up at him with tears in her eyes. "I love him, a-and I will happily die without telling y-you a single thing!" She hissed, closing her eyes tightly, awaiting a painful death

She hoped he would be merciful and make it quick. She really didn't want to suffer long. And besides, this was her only choice. She...She couldn't just tell Marco everything and allow Mark to be killed. She...How would she be able to live with herself? She couldn't. So it would be best to lay her life down now. She lived a full life. She had fun, she even got married! Something she thought never would happen and became Queen. She was fine with dying.

"See, that's commendable and I'd adore to murder you right where you stood-- but I imagine that I couldn't do that. I try not to murder people up here. I prefer public executions. So hey, if that's your decision, babe, that's fine. It just gives me an excuse to plan a nice execution. I'm thinking burning at the stake-- but maybe hanging by the noose is more suitable," gushed the man, genuinely taking pleasure in planning out her death. Mark wouldn't receive that public fate. He was to die, that much was true, but Marco wouldn't make it public.

"Now, I would wait for Mark, but I imagine you both would attack me and it'll just be a bloodbath for me when I have to defend myself, so-- we'll head back, you and I. I'll let my husband deal with you. I imagine he'd love to beat you up a little~"

She looked at him, fear clear in her eyes. Public execution? That...That was just terrible. Grimacing, she wiped tears away from her eyes. When they arrived back at the castle, Cassiel walked right up to the woman, punching her as hard as he could in the face. Easily, she was knocked out from the punch, her body hitting the floor hard. Of course, he was furious, she was planning on killing his granddaughter! "Tell the villagers there will be an execution at noon." He told his servants, and they hurried to do just that.

Opal, who had been spending time with Cassiel giggled, looking at Star happily. She then skipped over to Marco, hugging him tightly. "Grandpa, can I do the honors of killing her? I've been such a good girl!" She begged, grinning up at him.

"What? Opal no. No public executions until you're sixteen." Cassiel told her, before looking at his husband. "...Where's Mark?"

"Why can't she at least pull the lever to release the floor from under Star? Or put the rope around her neck? You can help out somehow, I'll find you a job to do. Trust me, okay? You're like my shadow, Opal, I'll find you something," winked Marco, able to drift right back into his role as a family man, despite having just threatened to kill some woman after hunting her and his grandson down. He had always been able to drift seamlessly between drastically different situations. It was just one of his many skills.

"Mark... I imagine is off hiding somewhere. He'll discover that Star's gone. I left a mess there, he'll realise that I've take her and he'l go hide. Or he'll come here. I really should go and seek him, track him down, but I'm delaying the inevitable. Killing my grandson isn't something I want to do. I know I have to but I'd rather... wait a few hours."

"...We can't just...Imprison him. This is Marky we're talking about, Marco." He whispered, cupping his cheeks with wet eyes. "...Oscar's...Oscar and Seven are a mess right now...Why don't we just imprison him, have him talk to his parents? Maybe it'll get some sense in him. I don't want my grandson to...To die. I'm this is all some crazy phase he's going through, love."

Opal glanced at her grandparents, blinking a bit. Of course, she didn't want her cousin to die. While she was downright evil she had a heart. It was just...Really, really small. She wasn't all emotional about her cousin's soon death, but she knew she was a bit upset about it. She just didn't know how to show it.

"Need I remind you that we were imprisoned for years by Alejandro and that didn't do much to sort us out? Prison doesn't help, not really-- and it won't help him much. Cassiel, our grandson not only aligned himself with our enemies, not only did he follow after his asshole father who made our son's life hell, but he planned to kill us. If any citizen had done this, they'd be killed instantly. Mark shouldn't be different just because he's family, it's not fair. The punishment stands no matter who committed it-- Cass, I can't overlook this."

Sighing heavily, the man flopped to the bed and placed his hands behind his head, his eyes glued to the ceiling above him. "I just... do you think I want to do this? I don't. It'll tear Oscar apart and Mark's... he's family, it's just-- I can't forget what he was planning to do. If that boy, Wren, didn't cave in, Angelica would be dead. I... I can't turn a blind eye."

Grimacing, he moved to sit with his husband, looking down at himself. "...This...This is so messy." He whispered. Taking his husband's hands as his chocolate brown eyes looked into his good eye giving him a sad smile. "...I support you...Whatever you do." He mumbled, moving to kiss his knuckles lovingly, before hugging him tightly.

Opal watched them curiously. "...He can't use portals...At least, not ones to get back and forth in time like I can...I can just send him back in time. That way you don't have to kill him, and he can live out his days far back in time."

"...Opal sweetie, I don't think that's a good idea." Cassiel mumbled, looking over at his granddaughter.

"...That's not.... I can't imagine Oscar and Seven would like that. I personally don't mind it, but I imagine that they'd just be depressed the whole time knowing he was somewhere back in the past all alone. At least if he's dead, they have finality," shrugged Marco, frowning again. Cassiel was definitely right when he said that it was all messy. Marco couldn't really recall a moment in his life where he felt this at a loss.

"I don't want you sending anyone back in the past after you did it with Ember. You remember how your Uncle Oscar reacted, him? He almost had a breakdown. I don't want to see him like that again. I just don't... know what to do. If we imprison him, he won't... get better, not when Star gets killed too. And then there are the dragons. Killing their royals will provoke them into attacking and-- and I want to avoid that."

"We can take those dragons...I'm sure of that...Maybe...Maybe we should just keep Star alive, have them in prison, separate cells of course. Maybe they would both change their ways." He asked hopefully. "I just...I really don't want to have our grandson die...And then lose our son as well...Oscar...Oscar won't be the same after this, you know that."

"They'll find ways of communicating with one another, inevitably. In a weird way, they remind me of you and I, Cassiel. We were in those cells together, we found ways of communicating-- or I found ways of talking. You just ignored me," grinned Marco, having decided that imprisonment was the solution to this all. It wasn't the best decision, but it was the one he wouldn't feel guilty about. Killing his grandson wasn't the option he felt comfortable with, and so imprisonment, however lacklustre a punishment it was, was the one he was going to opt for. At least that way he knew his grandson was alive and well.

"I think that'll work, for now. If he shows signs of recovery, then I'll... I'll integrate him back into normal life. Hopefully he becomes the grandson we know and love, I just-- can't see it happening. He and Star are just-- they're bad news, Cass."

Cassiel looked at his husband, agreeing. "Well...Imprisonment is the only option we have right now." Taking his cheeks, he leaned in placing a kiss on his nose. "We'll...We'll be fine."

A week later, Cassy, Ember, and Murdo were all at Murdo's place. "They put him in prison?" Murdo questioned a bit shocked. "Aye...They were being very nice, if it were me I might have killed the bastard. He tried to kill lil Angie?" He angrily spoke, his Scottish accent thick over his words.

"...I...I think I'm going to visit him Em...Tomorrow...Try and talk to him. He's...He's obviously in a bad place in his head. Maybe if I talk to him, he'll learn the error of his ways."

"I don't think Mark is the same, Cassy." Murdo grumbled, grimacing a bit. He ran a hand through his thick curly locks, shrugging a bit as he handed Ember a beer. "I think you should wait longer before you go and see em."

The whole situation hit Ember hard. His big brother was in prison for planning an attack to kill his whole family. Obviously, it wasn't something he could take in that easily-- but he was still glad Mark was alive. Regardless what he'd done, Ember couldn't face losing him. That said, he never wanted to see his face, not for years, so the fact Cassy was ready to go and face him after everything he'd done, and could have done, shocked him beyond belief.

"...You ain't going down there. He's a fucking... he ain't our brother. Forget about him," sighed the younger brother, resting back as he pushed his sunglasses from his face. "Like, he ain't... sane or in a good place, sure, but he's still a fucking maniac who wanted us dead. I ain't letting you see him."

Cassy grimaced, looking away. "I just thought...That maybe if he looked us in the eye, he'd feel sorry."

Murdo obviously didn't agree with Cassy. Mark was crazy. He...He was willing to kill his entire family for a woman. What sense did that make? Looking at his boyfriend with an uneasy look, he glanced back at Cassy. "Cassy focus on yourself. I think that's the best thing to do. Right Ember? We should all just focus on our lives. And just forget Mark for the time being. It isn't healthy for you to dwell on it." Murdo mumbled as he sat beside Ember, draping an arm around his shoulders.

Regardless what he had said, Ember didn't... stick to his words. Just a few hours later, he'd gone against all his tough speech and stubborn stance, secretly venturing down into the dark cells beneath the castle with Cassy, to find where his brother was being kept. Mark had been raised among luxury. Despite having a normal, human education and mingling above Hell in the human world, he was still raised mostly as a Prince. This life in the cells was a culture shock, at least for Ember as he held a flamed torch to guide himself through the dark, cold, wet cells. How his brother was coping down here was bewildering--

But Mark, surprisingly, wasn't in a state. He wasn't crying, or curled up, or shouting he was sorry. He was instead leaning against the bars of his cell, getting as close as he could to Star who was sat a few feet away in her cell, softly speaking to her in an effort of keeping her spirits up. It was only when he heard footsteps and saw his brothers that he let that soft smile curve into a smirk, his brow arched in genuine surprise. Mark did look different than he did before he got involved with Star. Back then, he'd been a little chubby, that much was true. He'd always been muscular, but he'd also always had a little puppy fat that he struggled to really lose, so had just gotten used to it.

Now, he'd lost all that. Not the muscles, though. Rather, he'd toughened up considerably. Now, he actually had a chiselled structure and cheekbones he was proud of. It was just another change in him he thanked Star for. Without her, he wouldn't have been motivated to toughen up like he had.

"...This is a nice surprise," he began slowly, his eyes darkening a little. "I mean, god, visiting me after everything? On my birthday, no less? That's nice. Even Papa hasn't visited me, and he always celebrates my birthday. But oh well. I was planning on feeding him to the dragons, so I can't expect him to like me right now."

"St-Stop." Cassy whimpered. He didn't want to hear that from his brother. Wiping his eyes, he leaned in to hug him through the bars, even if Mark probably didn't want to hug him. "...H-Happy birthday, Ma-Marky-poo." He told him with a trembling voice, smiling a bit. It hurt to see his brother like this. He...He couldn't believe this is what happened to him. He fell so far from grace, and he felt like this was his own fault. He introduced the two...If he hadn't done that...Mark would have been at home with them, probably enjoying a birthday dinner that Papa and Daddy made for him.

Except, Mark did hug him back. He held him in that close exchange until the bars between them began to dig into and bruise his skin, pulling away with an awkward, gentle smile. A smile, really, that he hadn't shown since before all of this mess.

"What a birthday, huh? I mean, my birthday last year was spent in a castle, with a table full of food and then a ballroom full of people. Now I'm sat in a cell with water dripping on me and my wife fucking coughing to death. She's not fucking well. I mean, she's-- I'm worried about her," he began with a cautious glance across at Star, frowning more at the state she was in. He'd only ever wanted to give her the world, to shower her with gifts and fancy things and have her always look a million dollars.

Seeing her cowered in the corner of a cramped, dark, cold and empty cell, bruised, bloodied and scarred was not how he wanted her to experience life.

"I think she's sick, Cassy. I... I can't sit here and watch her die. What if she just dies tonight, and I can't do anything to help? Do you know how that'd make me feel? Can't you just... bring medicine or something for her?"

Looking at his brother, before looking over at Star he nodded. "...Yeah...Yeah, I can do that. And I can bring a few blankets." Mumbled the man, before looking at his brother with wet eyes. "Hey, I'll...I'll help you as much as a can, okay? I...I'll try to see if Daddy and Papa wanna visit...They're um...Papas not in a good place right now. He's not eating...And Daddy's really upset." He mumbled, grimacing as he thought about his parents.