Dependent

Miriam idled in the doorway of the kitchen, blushing lightly as she raised the pitcher for the group to see. "Fresh today. Orange-Mango... Jeez, I guess everyone is home. How are things?"

Lexi looked at the new Norwegian person warily, and hid behind the counter, and also kept an eye on Miriam. She wasn't used to unfamiliar faces, and new faces scares her a little, make her more wary of her surroundings.

In the end she decided to play another mission impossible and sneak back to her room. Cake could wait, I guess, she thought to herself.

((Dude you guys write a lot oAo which is a good thing :3 ))

Kuro smiled. "But the only cute girls I know are you, Lexi and some neighbors like Ari." Kuro replied as he noticed her blush and smiled. "Although, with how red you always are you still remain the cutest by far." He teased as he patted her head. "I also believe you would never like somebody like me." He looked at her happily.

Kuro looked at Iretese with a raised eyebrow as she sat on the floor. "Would you be more comfortable if you sat on a chair?" He asked her simply as he watched Theo walk towards the detective.

His interest then turned toward the juice as he happily walked toward her and began to provide cups. "Always enjoy this, it is always kind of you to share."

"Oh, no you don't." Ari replied as she grabbed Lexi by her waist. "You aren't leaving me to make this cake alone. If it explodes I am taking you with me." Ari replied as she pulled her back and already began to mix the batter. She handed it to Lexi as she began to wonder if it should be a chocolate cake or strawberry one as she moved towards Lexi. "Which would you like?" She smiled. "And let us hope one of these people can help us figure what we are doing." She smiled halfheartedly.

(I'm glad everyone does. It will keep it alive if we remain persistent.)

Miriam gazed around the room, setting the pitcher on the counter and smiling again towards Kuro. "Oh, I don't mind. I always end up making too much for grandmother and I to drink alone," she said over her shoulder, as she helped Kuro retrieve enough glasses. "And I figured that you all may well enjoy the pick-me-up. But it seems you're pretty well handling everything here-" she threw a smiling glance to Theo.. "Regardless."

Miriam sighed softly as she poured a glass for herself, and joined Iretese, crosslegged on the floor, comfortable in jeans and bare-feet.

Theo stared at Kuro even as his attention was taken elsewhere. What? But...but she...she did...he...what?

She slumped in her chair and started poking at her left arm, occupying her mind with the road-map of scars that ran around it and the fact she couldn't feel anything. She would rather think of horrible surgeries than everything else that was going on at the moment...than the emotional roller coaster she had been on since waking up that morning. It was only getting worse, too, it seemed...

"Wait--who is here?" Lysander asked, annoyed that he couldn't see and he hadn't really been paying attention to the voices. Lennox seemed to have gone off somewhere which meant that he was stuck where he was because he wasn't going to ask any of his other siblings to help him to his room. Being this dependent was--embarrassing.

"Nyaaaaah!" Lexi let out a squeal as Ari grabbed her. Sighing in resignation she went with the flow and stirred the batter some more. How do people make cake anyway? It's like magic, she thought to herself.

"Hmm...lets make a chocolate cake with strawberries?" She suggested.

When Lexi saw Ari's half hearted smile she wondered if she was alright. She looked at Ari with concern. "Hey, you're alright?" She asked softly.

"Thank you as always." Kuro smiled happily as he looked at Miriam. Kuro raised an eyebrow as she sat on the floor with Iretese. "Something wrong with our seats?" He questioned to himself as he looked over his chairs.

He noticed Theo and frowned. He walked over with a glass and placed it in front of her. "What is wrong? You were so joyous earlier. Did I do something wrong?" He then notices Lysander's question. "Miriam and Iretese came by. Just be wary. They are sitting on the floor." He whispered.

"If you abandon me here I will poke you to death." Ari glared as she pouted and helped with the ingredients. She added chocolate within the mix as she smiled and began to prepare the oven.

She smiled at Lexi's suggestion and began to grab some strawberries. She froze as Lexi asked what was wrong.

"I... I am kinda in a similar situation as Theo... But I know I can't admit it..." She looked over at Theo as she began to slouch in her chair and handed the strawberries to Lexi. "Hold them for a sec." She asked as she walked over to the trio at the table. She smiled as she poked Kuro on the head as he turned around and looked at her warily. Before she could say anything the door was bursted open and a young man stood there clenching at a photo. He moved rapidly and grabbed Kuro by the neck and pressed him against the wall as he began to scream. "She begged you! She wanted you to be there! And yet... You didn't show up at your mothers funeral!?"

Kuro stared emotionless at his brothers face as they looked on. It seemed like silence befell the two as Kuro muttered his brother's name. "Shiro...."

Lexi held the bowl of fruits and looked towards the doorway. She felt as if something was going to happen, and she wondered what would it be.

Then the door burst open and bursting into the scene was a guy, who came upon Kuro and grabbed his neck. Lexi clenched the bowl of strawberries and hid behind the counter, not wanting to see what was going to happen.

"What's going on?" Lysander practically whined, "It's not fair! Why don't I get to see all of the action? Can someone just record everything exciting on my phone or something until I can see again? And what time is it? Because Ronnie is coming over soon to pick me up. And who is Shiro? What does he look like? Describe him to me in perfect detail, please."

Theo sprang to her feet. "Lysander, shut up. Lexi, call the cops." Was all she said before storming over to the pair. She grabbed a knife from the kitchen counter and stormed over, wedging herself between Kuro and his brother. She put the tip of the knife against Shiro's chest and glared. "Let him go."

It didn't matter that she only had one working arm, that arm was holding a butchers knife. THAT was what mattered. And that this guy that randomly kicked their door open had Kuro by the neck.

"The cops?" Lysander was starting to panic, "Why do we need cops? I'm feeling pretty lost right now, guys. It would be nice if someone could explain the situation because I am freaking out right now. Why do we have to have police? Is Shiro a vampire? Call those guys from the show Supernatural. They can handle this."

Miriam stood, tossing Lexi her phone and knocking her drink over in the process; She ignored the liquid running down the floor, on her guard if she was needed. She kept a close eye on Kuro's expression, looking for warning. Miriam read Shiro's posture like a novel- she doubted he would do terrible harm to Kuro, but nonetheless she waited for any signal to get involved. Miriam was calculating and swift much of the time- but she had misread situations before.

Taking it all

Iretese smiled, "No, Kuro. This is good." She laid down and brushed her long hair. "I wonder what's going on...?" Iretese laughed as she looked at the others. Iretese then threw a book from her suitcase. She threw it towards the man. "You should know better~!"

Iretese wanted to fight, but someone else came to the door and restrained her. "Tessa, please stop~! That will not help you~!!"

Iretese silenced herself, "Thalia, what are you doing here?"

Thalia Viola Montesquieu then picked up the bouquet of marigolds and oleander from the Garnier Flower Shop. "No, I was coming to catch up with you!" Thalia was probably the pipsqueak, standing at 4' 9", but she was about 14 years old. "Iretese, don't resort to violence at the last minute." Thalia smiled as she took the pot of flowers and added them onto a flat surface.

Iretese shushed her best friend as they both sat down on the chairs. "This is Thalia. She's my friend..."

Thalia smiled, "I came to bring these flowers for you. And it looks like a party~!" By the time Lysander mentioned the cops, both of them went silent with fear. "Don't tell me... Is it those car accidents?"

Iretese smiled, "Why, of course~! It's for the school news paper~!" She screeched as she opened up a packet, showing Thalia all of the writings she made. "So many murders in 24 hours... 34 car crashes, it was..."

Thalia felt tears but then forced it back. She forced a smile, "My mother died not too long ago... That's why I took over for my mom while I managed the flower shop. Lysander, if you don't mind... would any of you like to go to the flower shop?" At that time, it started to rain.

Iretese hissed, "I'm no detective; I just work for the newspaper."

Lexi stood up caught Miriam's phone deftly and dialled 999, before crouching back down behind the counter.

"Police?" She asked nervously when they were connected. "There's a, a guy. And he seems dangerous, I guess." Her green eyes started tearing up. So, scary, she thought, but she have to stay strong.

Kuro looked at Theo a bit shocked and surprised as his face was immediately changed from the emotionless state he had moments ago. "Let him do what he wants." Kuro replied to Theo as Shiro only stared more into his brothers face. "Don't call the cops Lexi. Tell them it is fine." Kuro replied as he didn't even struggle from his restraint. "Don't worry about me."

Shiro just stared and cursed as he raised his fist into the air and punched his brother across the face and launched him towards the ground. He hadn't even notice the knife Theo had wielded which had suddenly found its way within his chest. His eyes lit up immediately as if understanding what had happened and he looked at Theo with an expression of sorrow. "It is understandable that you don't even remember me..." He whispered as he listened to Lysander's pleas for details. "I look like some guy who punched his brother and lost his parent who's soul wish was for him to be there for her in their final days." He replied as he could feel his chest beginning to feel spasm as his breathing began to feel strange. He began to stumble as his vision began to blur. "You're still sexy, Sander..." He seemed to reply as he fell to the ground.

Kuro seemed frozed on the floor as he looked at Theo and then toward his brother. He looked at everyone within the room and finally stopped at Lexi. He eventually looked down at his feet as he listened to his brother's breaths beginning to become rough.

"I'm sorry..." Kuro muttered.

Lexi ended the call, telling the police that everything's alright. She stood up and the next thing she saw was Shiro with a bloody patch on his chest. The phone on her hands clattered to the floor and she rushed to Shiro.

"Call the ambulance. And get the first aid kit." She said softly, as she tried her best to wedge the knife out of Shiro's chest, making her hands bloody in the process. Even if Shiro died, at least they tried saving him. Tears were pouring out from her eyes even if she didn't realise it. Too many people died in front of her, and she don't want this guy to add on her list.

"EVERYONE JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Theo screamed before grabbing Lexi and pulling her away. "Don't take the knife out. That will make him bleed out faster. Go take Lysander upstairs and...either kick everyone else out or take them upstairs too. Just...if everyone doesn't shut the fuck up...I'll...I'll..just...UGH! WHY DOESN'T ANYONE KNOCK ANYMORE?!"

She turned Lexi towards Lysander. "Take care of him. And don't every listen to anyone else but me if I've told you to call the cops. It ISN'T ok when someone bursts into the house and starts choking out then hitting people!" She gave her little sister a bit of a push and turned to glare at the other two...flower shop owners or whatever the hell they were. "Just get the FUCK OUT OR SHUT UP!"

She moved back to Kuro, glared at him, then knelt down beside Shiro. She put her one hand around the knife as best she could and glared down at him. "You shouldn't have come here and you know it." She muttered sourly. "You can't just come into someone's house and break their door and hit people..." She looked up at Kuro. "I only have one arm, so if someone wants the cops called, someone else needs to do it, ok? Get on the phone, call 999 again, and get the cops and an ambulance here because I don't give a shit if he's biologically your brother, he broke in here and hit you, so he's going to the hospital and he's going to fucking jail BECAUSE NO ONE HURTS MY FAMILY GOD DAMN IT!"

She was shaking, if anyone cared to look close enough. She had just stabbed someone...like...really stabbed someone...she turned to look down at the blood that was coating her hand but...as long as she hadn't hit something major, he'd be ok...they could fix him up, right?...

((lol 999))

"What the fuck is happening?" Lysander demanded, starting to remember who Shiro was but extremely confused about the yelling and clattering and words knife and bleed. And why did he have to leave? He wasn't exactly getting to see what was going on but he didn't want to be cooped up in his room. And he hated the fact that even with all the action going on, Theo had to order ​Lexi to take care of him. Like he was some sort of assignment or something.

"I just fucking stabbed Kuro's biological brother! That's what happened! Just...UGH! Either be helpful or don't talk! That goes to everyone! The ONLY thing I want to hear is someone on the phone calling an ambulance! I'm...I'm wrist deep in someone else's blood and I REALLY DON'T NEED ANYONE ELSE MAKING THIS DIFFICULT!"

Of course, she wasn't making it any better by screaming at everyone, and later on she'd realize that...but currently she was in a state of panic and the only thing she could think to do was scream at her siblings and put as much pressure on the wound as she could with one hand...