Dependent

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Dammit," Lysander muttered to himself as he heard his sister leave. He got that she was just trying to help him but he was getting so frustrated. He was trying not to be too annoying and whiny and stuff but it was hard. No one realized how scary being blind was for him. He was pushing his siblings away because he didn't want to tell them what a bad place he was in. He just felt like crying all the time now because what. . . what if he never got his sight back? He wasn't sure what he would do. He sunk lower in his seat, trying not to cry right then. He was stuck there, now. He wasn't going to try to get back up to his room.

She stood up and turned the shower off, the bathtub full now. She sighed and sank back into the water, arms on the edges of the tub. She closed her eyes and sighed, falling asleep.

She was driving again...and arguing with someone. Who was she arguing with? Lysander. She was driving and arguing with Lysander. She turned back to look at the road. The light turned green and she started through the intersection. She didn't even see the drunk running the red light.

She woke with a start and a yelp, sitting up quickly and splashing water onto the floor. She sniffed and wiped her eyes, looking around. She looked at her left arm, the one she couldn't use anymore, the one she tried to keep hidden from Lysander and everyone else. She couldn't even feel it, much less move it...She slowly got out of the bath, pulling the plug, and grabbed a towel, awkwardly wrapping it around herself. She sat down on the edge of the bathtub and sighed. She had almost killed her brother, and now she had stabbed someone and no one would listen to her. No one ever listened to her. All she wanted to do was take care of her siblings. It wasn't like their parents cared about them anymore...

When Lexi heard the knock on the door she was already on the computer, playing an MMORPG game. "No, you can't come in, I'm busy," she hollered through the door. Right now, she don't want to see anyone, except for her computer. She felt like she took it too far with her brother, but she's not going down right now, and possibly not till tomorrow night.

(I'm a idiot XD But don't worry might pull out after this. I can't sustain it with so much posts but you guys are doing excellent!)

Kuro just mumbled as he sat his brother in the seat beside him. Theo's words had hurt him but this wasn't the first time he had taken a family member to the hospital. Shiro just waved slightly as he looked at Theo to assure her that some life had still remained inside of him as they began to drive off and his skin began to turn pale. He hurriedly drove towards the hospital only taking a bit of time to stop and turn as he rushed towards the building. He barely found time to park as he quickly admitted his brother into the building. The nurses and doctors immediately began to place him into a bed and apply pressure to the wound as they asked what happened and if he knew what blood type his brother was. He answered their questions as they rushed him into the emergency room and he tailed quickly behind.

Ari sighed as she watched Lexi leave the room. She glanced at the others before following Miriam. She listened to the exchange between her and Lexi as her heart clenched a second time. First Theo had told her to move back towards the empty 'home' that she had been living within and now her only friend she truly had was suffering. She moved closer as she tried to help Miriam to get inside. "Lexi... You and I both know that I know several ways to get inside... Even through the ceiling if I have too..." She whispered as she pressed her ear against the door.

Lexi paused for a moment, and walked to the door. "I know you know many ways to get in here, come in if you want," she started, "but I'm not in the mood to entertain or talk. Sorry, goodnight." She went back to her desk where her computer was and started playing her game again, determined to stay there.

Ari grumbled as she moved down the hallway towards Kuro's and opened a small staircase to the attic. She looked at Miriam as she waved into the attic and moved towards Lexi's room. She walked before guessing which room was hers and looking for the cover opening. As she found it she opened and fell through it falling on her face completely. She yelled as she opened the door for Miriam and looked at Lexi with a frown. "Why are you doing this?" She asked as she tried to remove some dust from her face and some spiderwebs from her legs.

Lexi paused her game and slowly swivelled her chair to face Ari. So, she took the attic way, it seems. "Huh? What do you mean by that?" She replied with innocence. She got up and help dust off the cobwebs and dust from Ari.

Theo stood up when the tub was done draining. She dried herself off as best as she could with only one arm and wrapped the towel back around herself. She gathered up her clothes and walked across the hall to her own bedroom. She locked the door again and started picking out clean clothes to wear. Bras were a horrible invention back when she had two useable arms. Now they were even worse. She settled on just a tank top and a pair of small shorts before walking out of her room and back downstairs.

She pulled up a chair beside Lysander and sighed heavily. "Hey...I'm sorry about what I said before I left...I was just...well...ya know...I had just stabbed someone, so...adrenaline...I mean, there isn't an excuse to talk to my brother like that...so...I'm sorry, Lysander...I really am."

"It's okay," Lysander replied quietly, biting his lip, "I know I've been really whiny lately I just-- I'm really scared or lost and I don't want to be a burden and I don't want you guys to have to feed me and take me around places and worry about me and stuff and I just really miss seeing and. . ."

"I know. I'm scared, too. And I haven't been asking for help either...I have no feeling in my left arm...at all. I can't move it...which means I can't play volleyball or softball anymore...I mean, it isn't as bad as not seeing, but..." She saw the cake on the plate on the table and picked up the fork, putting it in her brother's hand. "But we'll get through this, right?"

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Lysander asked quietly, nibbling on the cake that was on the fork, "Did you already tell me that? Because I get distracted really easily."

"No, I was...kinda hiding it from you." She sighed. "I didn't want to worry you. The doctors said they had to...put the skin all back on...like a glove or something..." She felt sick just thinking about it. "It's covered in scars and doesn't work. I'm supposed to be wearing it in a sling but I don't...makes getting dressed hard...we're quite the pair, huh?"

"Looks like it," Lysander murmured, setting his fork down on the table, "What time is it? Ronnie should be here soon. . . I'm probably going to go to his house so if Kuro comes back tell him not to worry because that's where I'm at."

"I'd really like to meet Ronnie before you run off with him...I promise I won't do anything to scare him off, but...I'd like to meet him all the same." She said, shifting the plate. "And there's more chocolate cake there for you. I promise it doesn't have any bugs in it..."

"I'm not hungry," Lysander told her, biting his lip, "I uh. . . Look--Lennox knows Ronnie. He's fine. He's just going to pick me up and I'll be at his house for a few hours. I haven't left here since the accident and I just need to get away from you guys and it's not like he's my boyfriend or anything. You don't have to meet him."

"Are you sleeping with him?" She asked plainly. He was still her little brother and...whether or not the rest of their siblings let her play parent while their real parents were gone, she was going to. She couldn't just let her brother run around wherever he wanted with whoever he wanted...

"Yes," Lysander admitted, "But I don't see why that's any of your business. You don't need to meet him. It will just freak him out and he'll think I told you about him because I want a relationship or something and he'll never talk to me again and he'll tell everyone and everyone will think I'm weird."

Theo sighed. "Fine. Fuck whoever you want." She stood up. "I'll bring you to the hospital when you get AIDS and when everyone starts calling you easy and a slut, I'll bring you ice cream and kleenex." She sighed again and looked around. "Not like you should start listening to me now. You never listened before. God forbid I worry about you or care about your well being...if Kuro comes back before you leave, tell him I hope his brother died in his car. I'm going out."

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Lysander demanded, "Every time someone doesn't agree with you, you get mad at everything! You call everyone names and act like they're below you. Call me a slut all you want but don't you dare tell Kuro that you wished his brother was dead because he's the most fantastic person I know and he doesn't deserve that. He does everything for us. He takes care of us. He acts like he isn't even part of the family He acts like he isn't worth shit but he's far better than you'll ever be because he would never wish that I was dead just because he was mad at you."

"He isn't the only one that tries to make up for the fact our parents suck!! I do everything I can for the rest of you, too! But it's always, oh my god! Theo's freaking out again! Kuro's the best person in the entire world!" She sniffed suddenly. "I do everything I can while still trying to keep up in school and all I get is 'you aren't their mother, Theodosia! Stop acting like it!' from our stupid parents who aren't ever around and who don't give a shit about us anymore! Or 'Oh my god, Theo, shut up!' from the rest of you! No one fucking listens when I say anything, so I don't know why I fucking bother, other than the fact that, I don't know, for some reason I give a shit about you! And for those of you just tuning in, Shiro came in, grabbed Kuro by the neck, slammed him against the wall, and punched him in the face! So, ya know, great guy there! I'm the one that put a knife through his fucking chest! So, lets pile that onto the rest of the pile of shit on my shoulders! First our parents are never home, then I almost kill you in a car accident, then I stab someone!" She dropped down to her knees in the middle of the kitchen and sat back on her heels, tears running down her face.

"I'm just...I'm fucking done..." She sniffed and wiped her eyes. "I'm failing school, you're blind because of me and I ruined my chances to get that volleyball scholarship, and I might be a murderer...and everyone I'm busting my ass to take care of hates me...so...just..." She wiped her eyes again and pulled herself to her feet. "Have fun at Ronnie's house...eat something while you're there..."