Dependent

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Kuro shut the door behind him as he listened to the conversation. He ignored what he had simply heard and began to clean the rest of the mess that had been left within the kitchen. His hands immediately cleaning anything from off the floor and looking for any specks of blood. His expression seemed normal but his eyes looked distant. He just continued on with his cleaning as he began to throw some things away. He watched as tears began to form from Theo's eyes and he froze for a bit. "You should just get some rest... Both of you." He replied as he also looked at Lysander. His voice wasn't very loud but he did give it a sense of urgency and order.

Ari grumbled as she poked Lexi. "You need to stop ignoring us and I understand if they hurt your feelings but don't ignore me as well..." Ari replied as she patted Lexi on her head. "You worry me with your actions sometimes, you know that?"

Lysander almost jumped out of his seat, he hadn't heard Kuro come back in. Everything surprised him now and it was so annoying and he was probably going to die of a heart attack or something. . . or so he told himself.

"I uh. . . Ronnie is coming over," Lysander murmured, "And I just woke up a couple hours ago. I'll be fine. A-are you okay?"

Lexi mumbled, "sorry for ignoring you," she sniffed and started tearing up. She wiped her tears away. She did not want to ignore Ari, and did not mean to ignore her. "And I-I'm sorry for making you worry.." She gave Ari a fleeting hug and went back to her computer, resuming her game.

Theo glared at Kuro and went upstairs. She slammed her bedroom door and started changing. Despite how much effort it took. She put on a better bra, a top that showed off more than she usually did, a short skirt, heels, etc etc etc. She managed to do it all, put her arm in her sling and went to the bathroom to do her makeup. Kuro wanted her to relax, she'd relax. Like a normal 18 year old girl that didn't have the weight of the world on her shoulders.

"I understand..." Kuro replied as he looked at the floor while Theo stormed upstairs. He gave a sigh as he remained in the room with Lysander and walked over to him. "I hope you get your eyes back soon. You'll have to lead the house with Theo once I am gone. She will be alright. I know she likes me but I can't hurt her. She deserves someone worth her time." Kuro sat beside Lysander before touching his hand. "I told the authorities that I stabbed my brother. It is claimed as an accident and if he comes to I hope he can back me up but if he doesn't I'll have to be gone for a while. Hopefully by then your brother could help you see again." Kuro smiled as he rubbed Lysander's hand softly. "Probably blow my brains out if I ever wound up in prison. Couldn't imagine myself being caged like that."

---

Ari sighed as she stroked her arm. She moved over as she sat against the window and looked around the room. "You're lucky... You know?" Ari replied as she looked at her legs as she kicked them softly against each other. "You may ignore them... But you have a family and people who care about you. You even have people you are interested in romantically and people who are romantically interested with you... I always envied that. I always tried to become like you because I believed you had something figured out that I did not. I would cry when a boy I didn't like turned me down but you were always eyed by everyone. People noticed you even when you didn't notice them. I was jealous and insanely envious of that. I always felt invisible and unnoticed. I just felt... Lonely." Ari replied as her eyes glazed over. "I just wanted to let you know that at least."

Lexi turned her chair to face Ari. Her hands were twiddling with the bottom of her shirt. "I'm....sorry, for being a selfish arse. You've always been here for me, but I've rarely been there for you, when you needed it most. You're always here when I'm down, but never with you when you are." She stood up, and sat beside Ari at the windowsill. "You're a friend I can rely on, a friend that will keep my secrets and you deserve more than what I've done." Lexi placed her hand on Ari's and sniffed involuntarily, her eyes glazed with a layer of tears.

Theo walked back into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water out of the fridge. She looked over at Kuro. "Why do you have to be so completely stupid?" She asked plainly, like she was asking him the time of day. She stared at the bottle of water for a second, not really sure how she was going to open it with only one hand. Damn. Didn't think that one through....

"It isn't your fault... I just wished I had a family like you guys... You know my mom and died right when I turned eighteen. Since I was the only relative I had to keep the shop and it killed me to think of selling it... So I was stuck there... Watching you guys be happy but I always worried about you because you never enjoyed it." Ari replied as she turned toward Lexi. "I just think I deserve this I guess... I just wished I was different and things went well. Its lonely over there and I bother you guys to feel like I am a part of something." Ari smiled as she covered her eyes. "I still haven't told you how my mom and dad died after all these years. Its a story that aches me and I think will end at me. My mom wanted to have another child although it was such a long time after I was born. The doctors told her she would have complications but she still wanted to go through with it. When it finally happened the complications caused her death and my baby sister died hours later. My dad wasn't the same for the while and drank heavily until it neared my birthday. For one day I remembered him like the days I used to see him but after that he took his own life." Ari brought her knees up to her chest. "I'm thinking of doing the same."

---

"Because you truly have a future worth protecting." Kuro replied as he walked over and hugged Theo from behind. He moved his hands toward the water bottle and opened it for her as he handed it back to her good arm. "You deserve the best Theo. Although, sometimes things don't go as you may have planned it wouldn't be worth your trouble to be sent to prison. I can handle whatever comes my way especially if it ensures you a better life then that." Kuro replied as he let her go. "I owe you guys. If you didn't become the family I wanted I wouldn't have had existed." Kuro replied as he moved to wash some dishes.

Lexi looked at Ari, alarmed. She quickly gave her a long, comforting hug. "Don't," she whispered, tears falling down from her eyes, while hugging her. "I need you. Think. If you commited suicide, who can I confide in? If you die, a gigantic part of me dies too."

"Ya know, you say that but you're so willing to throw it all away." She pulled away from him before he could let go of her and tightened the cap back onto her bottle as much as she could with her one hand. She watched him though, shaking her head. "You think they would have thrown me in prison for stabbing him? He literally broke into our house and started hitting you. It was self defense and defense of a family member against someone who kicked in the front door. And calling an ambulance would have been so much better than you driving him to the fucking hospital." She leaned back against the counter. "But no. You always know what's best, don't you? Everyone always looks to you to know what's going on and what they should do. It doesn't matter if anyone else around knows how to handle a situation better than you do. They hang up when you tell them to hang up, they tell the cops everything's ok when it isn't ok, but oh, Kuro said it's fine so it must be fine." She rolled her eyes.

"I'm going out. I probably won't come home tonight." She said, pushing herself up off the counter so she was standing. She tucked the water bottle into her sling and looked at Kuro. "So don't wait up."

"I know, I know. Just... You never see my home ever as fulfilled with life as yours. Mine is always empty and dead. It is always quiet and I don't even know how I deal with it anymore. There never really is any mess or any commotion there. It is just there." Ari replied as she hugged back. "You are fine though Lexi. You at least attract the boys and have the charms to do so." She replied as she lightly punched the other girl on the shoulder.

"I wouldn't have existed without your parents." As he let his arms fall to his sides. "No but having anything tied to that could potentially harm you in any way is not a risk I am willing to take at all. I also do not want him to get in trouble as well. He was still my brother and he was just angry I didn't show up at my mom's funeral. He was also mad that I wouldn't be there for his." Kuro replied as he looked at Theo. "He would have caused much more trouble for that ambulance then he would had with me. I don't know what is best at all. Just that if the cops came he would be gone. That idiot is going to die now and although he did a lot of wrong I'll make sure they are made right."

Kuro rearranged the water bottle in his sling as he let her on her way. "I'll be gone by then so don't worry. I'm sorry for all the trouble I caused you. I'll promise to make you enough good food for the week and prepare the store for tomorrow. Its the least I could do. I'll also leave much of your stuff here. It isn't mind and I'll just take a few clothes. Lysander can grow into the rest of mine and he take my room as well. You hear that Lys? All my stuff belongs to you now." He replied as he looked at the two. "I'll be done as quick as I can. Just be happy."

Kuro replied as he walked toward the shop and grabbed multiple trash bags and a broom. "I'll make some awesome stuff for you to sell or eat. Just make sure if you want to know how to read the books under the counter." He replied as he grabbed multiple things he would need.

"Y-you can't leave," Lysander's voice broke and he felt like crying. He was on the verge of a panic attack. This--this wasn't okay. This wasn't okay at all, "Nononononono. Please, please don't leave, Kuro. Please don't go anywhere. Please, Kuro."

His breathing was speeding up, close to hyperventilating. This was all happening so fast and he couldn't even see and he didn't know what to do.

Theo rolled her eyes. "Kuro, you're really, honestly stupid, aren't you?" She walked over to Lysander and put her hand on his back. She took the water bottle out of her sling and put it against his hand, then put her hand back on his back, rubbing gently. "You aren't going anywhere. This messed up family needs you. If the cops come by to get you, I'll tell them what really happened. Nobody likes a martyr."

She sighed and squeezed Lysander's shoulder gently, looking down at him. "Like I told you this morning, Kuro...we need you here...you're our brother...Which means you piss me off just like a brother does and I'll yell at you like a sister does...like I yell at everyone else...You aren't leaving." She looked up and over at him. "Unless you want to send Lyssy into a full blown panic attack. And don't you dare start going on about how 'oh, he'll get over it eventually. You'll learn to live without me.' Because like I just said. Nobody likes a martyr."

Kuro froze as he moved over to Lysander. "I don't want to cause problems here. Theo is amazing though. I believe in her. I don't think I can especially with my brother. I have to be there for what used to be my family. I guess I can't abandon them." Kuro rubbed his shoulder. "Thought your boyfriend would take care of you." He teased trying to lighten the mood.

(I would hope for you to join back in XD)

"I don't have a boyfriend," Lysander mumbled, bringing his knees up to his chest, "Because if I got one he'd just leave me. Like mom and dad do all the time. Like--what you're trying to do right now. Because I'm a shitty person and no one ever wants to stay around me."

((I suppose. I don't know. . . I just feel like it would be out of character for him to answer his phone right now and if he does answer his phone he'll be kind of rude so I'm sorry if that happens but I really want you to be able to get back into the story so you can try.))

"Like they were there for you, Kuro? Or did you forget why you've been living with us for the past like...however long it's been." Low blow? Sure. Was she trying to make a point? Absolutely. Did it work? Hopefully.

"What was all that you were saying earlier, about us being your family? Was that all just crap? You didn't go to your mother's funeral for a reason. Because she abused you, didn't she? I remember the nightmares you used to have when you first started living with us...So, I guess, if you want to leave the family that loves you and go back to the family that abused an abandoned you, go ahead...but I stabbed that asshole for a reason. Because he broke into the house and I thought he was going to hurt you. I have that right. He was going to hurt my brother, so I stopped it."

She turned to look at Lysander, his words breaking her heart. She rubbed his back more, sighing. "You aren't a shitty person, Lyssy...I..." Damn it...he was miserable and it was partially her fault.

((Okay, I'll try to make a scenario at the flower shop. It's raining, so I hope you can handle with rain... Besides, would it be fine if only Thalia visits from time to time? Iretese is like a business lady having college courses and public speaking courses in her apartment... XD)

TIME--6:37 PM
Weather--Rain
Location--From the Garnier Flower Shop back to Lysander's house.

This time, Thalia came by herself. Since Iretese had to go back to her apartment to prepare for a major speech, Thalia was almost shivering in the rain. She didn't bring a tiny vase, but she knew that her parents did, and she had to stay in the apartment. As expected, the apartment was jam-packed with intellectuals ready to hear Iretese's speech of the accident. As promised, Thalia wanted a video to show to these strange people. However, she didn't know how she could introduce herself at a time like this. Thalia found her nose running, and her short hair was quickly getting wet like a mop. She heard so much commotion so quickly.

Thalia sniffled as she knocked on the door of Lysander's house. "It's Thalia... May I come in?"

"You'll easily find one." Kuro replied softly. He sat beside him as he looked at Theo. "You still have a family which remained with you. Not something that abandoned you completely. Hell... I never even experienced much of life. I lost my parents, my siblings, friends I once had. Never in a relationship. You at least made it much farther then I ever did. Probably something wrong with myself is what I always thought but it definitely isn't your fault. I still have feelings of just doing drugs or drinking alcohol. Something to fill that void I still have even around you guys. I still definitely see you as family but one day you guys will all be gone from here and do you truly think I will stay here myself? This is the only thing I could possibly think of to keep myself in line and once it is gone I'll probably resort to horrid things until I off myself one day."

"I didn't go to her funeral because she wasn't my family." He replied. "She wasn't and that is why I did that because you guys were. You simply can't say that feelings didn't exist that I yearned for her love. For any love and once I came here I decided to abandon any emotion of even liking someone. I try not too and fight it. I don't want to get attached because what is the point when they always leave you. You guys will definitely have someone or something. I don't have that fortune. I failed everything which I needed to succeed in. Whether that was school or people. I just was never good with either." Kuro rose from his seat. "I truly think I failed at it other then help all of you try to succeed."

A hand reached out and touched Thalia as she knocked on the door. He was wearing a coat and was a young man. He looked at her with seriousness in his eyes as he rose a badge up. "I am the police." He spoke softly.

"You have no idea how stupid you sound right now, do you? Ugh." She looked towards the door, shaking her head. She WAS going to go out, meet some friends at a club, sneak in with a fake ID one of her friends promised to have ready for her, but...well...Kuro was being an idiot and Lysander was on the verge of a panic attack. "Take care of Lysander. I'm going to go get the door."

She walked over and opened the door, looking at Thalia...then past her to the...cop? "...Hey, Thalia, go on inside. The boys are at the table." She ushered the girl in and stepped out around her, looking at the young man's badge. "Can I help you?"

"You attract guys too, you know?" Lexi sniffled and smiled a little at Ari. "You just don't know it. And I'm glad you always come to my house," she added.

Lexi heard the knock on the main door, and then a manly voice. "I'm the cop". Her eyes widen and she grab hold of Ari's hand and quietly sneaked down.