Dependent

"Just here basically because of the dumb police and a stabbing but I honestly don't expect that you did it out of sheer harm against Shiro. If Kuro told me right that you protected him. I'll keep it simple and basic and just want some of the stuff from here. Whether that be the knife or any blood left." The cop looked slightly bored and rushed as if he wanted to leave immediately and seemed more worried about bothering them.

Kuro just shook his head as he sat next to Lysander and tried to comfort him. "I'm not leaving yet. Don't worry about now."

---

"Yea, right..." Ari replied as she poked Lexi. "Couldn't attract metal with a magnet even if I tried. I just don't feel like I belong here. In any part of this place at all. I feel like all of you guys intertwine beautifully together and while there may be rips and tears they naturally heal to help you. I am basically some stranded strand that never even got close to be a part of the thread. Just the scuff and trash that needed to be thrown away to make a finer hair of cloth.

Ari followed as she looked surprisingly at Lexi.

(Sorry~ Kinda phased out there for awhile. God you guys are good.)

Miriam had been sitting on the floor right by the door in Lexi's room, listening to the quiet exchange between her and Ari as well as the storm happening downstairs. She was jealous of both of the girls in front of her, but would never say it. They were prettier and lovelier than they knew, and neither of them had such a violent temper as Miriam. She was surprised, and even chuckled under her breath at Ari's lack of confidence. She had always seemed so striking... As it quieted and she was reflecting on the hallways of school, she thought she heard someone at the door, and followed Ari and Lexi downstairs to see what was happening and who was back home..

"Oh, uh...yeah, sure." She frowned. She'd really have to talk to Kuro about his lying habit. "I think most of the blood got cleaned up, but the knife's still inside...Are you sure you're a cop?" Theo asked, hesitant to let him in. He really didn't seem very professional...or cop-like...She glanced at the closed door behind her, then at the guy in front of her.

The cop looked at Lexi, Miriam, and Ari with a slight glare as he looked back at Theo with a smile. He placed his badge back in his shirt pocket and began to take out a small sheet of paper and began marking things on it. "You passed the trial. Just making sure the story is accurate." The man replied happily as he placed the paper in his back pocket and looked at the kitchen. "Don't worry though. So far everything should be alright and you don't seem to be in trouble. Kuro though still has things left from his family though." The man swung a small bag from his hand. His long brown hair hanging from his head as his fedora kept his head covered. He ruffled through the bag to reveal some papers. "You and your brother own your own home. With how your brother currently is though it could just end up to be yours."

Kuro shook his head. He didn't want it and walked over to the officer. He helped the officer sit down at the table and looked at Theo. "You can leave. I'll speak with him from here. You can have your fun just be careful." He replied softly.

Ari looked at the young cop and poked Lexi's side as he gave them a glance. "Your type Lexi? It could be a dramatic love story with a cake thief and a mysterious police man." Ari replied with a tease as she noticed Miriam and grabbed her by the arm to help her see.

"Don't stay back there. Might as well join in the fun." Ari teased Miriam as they spied on the conversation.

"No! I'm not a cake thief!" She spluttered, blushing a little. True, the cop looked quite dashing, but no one wants to date her anyway.

"He could be your type though," Lexi teased her. "What if he wanted cake but we don't have one at the moment so you baked him one and he go bonkers for you," she said, making up a random wild story.

"Or maybe Miriam wants him?" She said slyly, turning around to face Miriam.

(lol ok)

Theo frowned, noting his glare and then...sudden change of anything. "I think you need to leave now...and I'm going to go inside and call the cops..." She reached behind her, putting her hand on the door knob. She was really quite positive that this man wasn't a cop and was instead someone she needed to be worried about. "But you need to leave." She turned the knob, really not sure what was going on.

He sighed. "Am I truly that bad?" He replied as he gave her multiple papers of the report and his name and credentials. The number of sheets he had handed her seemed to surpass at least one pound as he looked at her. "If you want to call them I can give you my officers direct line. He is much more serious but he gets things done. He is more preoccupied with some murders at the moment. The ones including some reporter, a teacher and a student if I remember." He pressed his finger against his head as he seemed deep in though and trying to remember what had happened but the numerous papers he had pressed into her hand seemed real and unfortunately for her, he seemed like some new man on the job just trying to take advantage of the situation and trying to woo her.

---

Ari took her finger and poked Lexi's side. "I've been telling Kuro all this time that you were the one taking the cakes. He has believed me and has no reason not too. Especially since you avoid him like the plague and always take items from the fridge like some crazy ninja." Ari replied as she whispered lightly. Ari moved closer as she noticed her blush. "Anyways... Seems like something is on your mind~" Ari teased as Lexi tried to swap the situation. "My kind? Tsk, I wouldn't take someone so fitting for you and anyways. I would make the cake and write: From Lexi, My entire heart is open for you~~~" Ari replied with a love drenched voice and looked at her all smiling.

As Lexi replied about Miriam she turned her face. "Yea... What about you?" Ari replied as she set her palms on top of Miriam's head and rested her chin on her fingers. "You are quite nice and I'd thought you would have married someone by now. Miriam probably is so sought after she probably has a handful of guys trying to marry her now. All of those poor men having their heart broken..." She replied as she patted Miriam's head softly. "Miriam you are quite the catch." She looked at her happily.

"Yeah, uh....ok...well...." She stared at the papers in her good arm and glanced back at the door. She had no way of opening it now. Great. And the papers were heavy. "So....um...I was about to go out...but I guess I'm not going that now....look...why don't you take these papers back and all that, we'll say everything's square, and you just...get back to work or something. I've got a lot of chores I need to be getting to..."

So much stress...too much going on...why couldn't she just go out, use a friend's fake ID, and get drunk like normal 18 year olds?

Miriam laughed aloud at Ari's compliments and gazed back through the pane of glass at the handsome cop. She blushed a little as she spoke-"dunno that I'd be his type. Anyway, I'm not one for the idea of getting married off so early. If I find someone I adore, great.. If not.. Ah, well. I'm used to doing things on my own. " her tone was slightly too serious, and so she poked Ari in the shoulder. "Aaaanyway, I think it's this cake thief that is stealing the hearts of many, not me! Or you, Ari, you look like more this handsome man's type anyway." She laughed again.

The officer looked at her as he took the papers back and moved from her way. "I am sorry! I didn't mean to intrude." He moved from out of her way as he looked at her. "Just call the office and ask for Pierce. It is what I go by most often so they should know who I am." He replied as he began to check his person for a card.

---

Ari stuck out her tongue as she noticed Mriam's blush. "So he is your type." She cooed as she gave her a cheeky grin. "You are still the strongest person I know with that attitude." Ari moved forward as she was poked. "This cake thief won't steal anything she can't eat and I already have someone in mind." She smiled warmly.

((Okay then...time skip!))

The next morning, Lexi woke up and went down to the kitchen, fixing herself a cup of milk and popped some white bread into the toaster. The house seems silent, obviously nobody was awake yet. She let herself get absorbed into the rare tranquility in the house.

Thalia woke up in their house. It was still 5:30, and she was very uncomfortable being slouched up in the bed. She coughed loudly as she stirred around. the moon was still in the clouds. Its light protruded only slightly in the fragmented cracks. Thalia was very dizzy to where she felt like vomiting.

Kuro sat at the table in the kitchen. He hadn't slept in what felt like an eternity. He noticed Lexi but let her continue on whatever she was doing. His mind was scrambled and he slightly wished he was the one stabbed beside his brother. He also felt bad for Theo. It was his fault these problems existed. He always felt he failed at everything. From his father even to relationships. He didn't even have anyone he could say he loved. He just felt indebted to them. Was that love? He just wished he could be as carefree as the others as they continued on with their futures and he simply watched as his future slipped by. He snapped out of it as he moved over and grabbed a glass of water. He had avoided eating since yesterday and still didn't have the stomach for it as he began to wash some dishes.

"Kuro?" Lexi asked him softly, noticing he looked different. The toaster pinged and out came out toasted bread. Lexi went to put the toast on a plate and slathered it with butter and grape jam. She sat at the counter and ate her breakfast, watching Kuro intently.

"Yes?" He replied as he looked at her and rubbed the tiredness from his eyes. "You now noticed me." He teased as he continued on with chores. "At least I know you eat. You are always in that room." He replied as he poked her side and began to make toast for himself. "Have you been alright?" He asked.

Thalia woke up and stumbled to the kitchen. "Are you making any coffee?" The smell of drowsiness permeated inside her mouth. "Iretese can't stop talking sometimes... There's no way to avoid it..."

"Yes." Kuro replied as he looked at Thalia. "Although it is decaf." He laughed halfheartedly.

"I'm alright," Lexi replied softly, her emerald eyes glinting from the soft sunlight flowing through the house. She finished her toast and started cleaning up. After that she headed her way back to her room.