Praise the Sun!

• *Do Praise*

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • *Don't Praise*

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This should do, we've no casters so I felt one would be helpful.

Name: Sara, Sagely Witch

Your Starting Weapon(s):
Pyromancy flame +1
Fire Orb

Your Starting Armor:
Maiden's Hood (DS3)
Pyromancer's Garb (DS3)
Pyromancer's Wraps (DS3)
Dingy Skirt (DS1)

Bio: Sara was not originally a witch, just someone who claimed the title after attaining ownership of a pyromancy flame, found the lost clothing once belonging to a pyromancer and became infatuated with the power of the flame from there on out. She had a tendency to get a bit too liberal with her fire to begin with and learnt her lesson before turning hollow, now she uses it with more reservation than before she just doesn't know why she uses it with such caution and care.

For as long as she can remember she's been hollow, not to the point where one begins to lose their mind, at least she doesn't think she's that far gone yet. But she couldn't even try to think back to a time when she wasn't afflicted with the undead curse as it's more or less just been there the entire time, this lapse in memory making her think she actually was a Witch of Izalith and that she was imprisoned in the Asylum because of it.

Faction:
Yay~ A caster! I was hoping one would show up! Accepted!
And sorry for not posting so much. I have been nonstop busy this weekend.

Well. There aren't any Faith builds, are there?
Kek.
This guy will turn into Fth/Str later on.
-----

Henry

Appearance
Having been cursed whilst in his 20's his appearance is that of a man within that range. He stands a 5"10, his skin a darker than tan tone, yet lighter than that of those commonly from Catarina, he has dark long curly hair and decent amount of light permastubble where a beard would be. His eyes are angled in the average fashion, but for some reason they don't seem to "pop out" as much as other's. Henry himself isn't all that athletic, but he's fit enough to seem that way.

Starting Weapon(s)
Mace, Cleric's Sacred Chime, Wooden shield.
Heal
Force

Starting Armor
Set of 'Cleric Blue Robes'

Bio
Like many of the other poor souls in the world who just can't seem to die properly, Henry found himself slowly growing amnesiac. Living alone, he was confident that if he traveled far and wide long enough, on pilgrimage with a few guards of course, eventually he'd come across a soul or two who knew who he was, whether he had a past worth forgetting or not. His discovery of the curse on his left shoulder but simply drove his wanderlust further, making him all the more desperate to find himself, before death or worse, hollowing finds him.

He remembers the face of a little girl, or perhaps woman who was dear to him, but can't seem to remember her name. He uses this face as a sort of motivation, a drive to find himself. For if he can remember who he was, he could remember who this woman was as well. However, somewhere between the time he arrived in Londor, and the time he left his home, he was separated from his guardians and taken prisoner, left to rot in the cells of the undead asylum.

Faction
(Unaffiliated)​
Ooo~ A Cleric... you had best look out for any *Cough* Friendly Hyenas. They may not be so Friendly to you. Accepted!

And I think I am going to close signups at 8 people. So I'm going to leave one last open slot :) I can handle a lot, but posting GM for 8 people who could go totally different directions could be my special hell XD

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person
Quite so, I've seen many a roleplay up and die simply because it had too many players, which led to a bit too much to read for anyone that just so happened to miss a single day.

So yeah, cutting it at 8 would be a wise thing to do.

Yeah. Eight people is good enough, and if you need a Co-GM, I'm sure anyone of us would be happy to help.

Reactions: An Otaku
Anyone seen this?

I figured, it's Dark Souls, and we need to get excited for this roleplay. So I'll post Dark Souls.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Old Man is our world's Seath. But actually useful.

All anyone needs to properly play Dark Souls.
Was anyone else bummed practically every armor set was baggy on characters? So much for being a sleek, sexy zombie...

Reactions: Dipper and Ser K+
So much for being a sleek, sexy zombie...
That's what Ciaran's set is for. ;D
Looks as good on a guy as it does on her. With a change of helm, obviously.

I personally liked the look of the Black Knight armor, heck, my endgame Henry build wears it helmless with Grant as his weapon.

If nobody new shows up by Saturday, I'll just start us off regardless. Best to keep the hype train rolling.

This was put together well. I actually liked it

• Love
Animé Souls? Oh, Artorias, you spoil me (* ^ ω ^)

And are we turning this thread into a DS video/meme appreciation thing? Dunno if we're going overboard, or not...

Animé Souls? Oh, Artorias, you spoil me (* ^ ω ^)

And are we turning this thread into a DS video/meme appreciation thing? Dunno if we're going overboard, or not...
All Dark Souls threads are meme threads automatically.

git gud

Reserving a spot. I'll post the sheet later today.

Last edited:
Name:
Fearless Otto

Your Starting Weapon(s):
Falchion +1
Parrying Dagger

Miscellaneous Items:
-Throwing knives.

Your Starting Armor:
Thief Mask
Wanderer Coat
Elite Knight Gauntlets
Wanderer Boots

Appearance:
Cd5WB9l.jpg

-5'9
-Lean and somewhat muscular
-Agile
-Amber eyes
-Bald
-He conceals his face not just for anonymity. Underneath the mask is a face riddled with scars and burn marks. Combined with a hollowed face, he looks quite ugly. He would rather not show his entire face.

Bio:
Born into poverty, Otto never had a good life. Every day in the city was a struggle. His father worked all the time in order to pay the landlord and buy what little food they could afford. Eventually, his father couldn't provide for the family by himself. As a result, Otto's mother had to work as well.

His parents were away most of the time, so he needed people to stave off his boredom. When he was about 10, he had a group of friends that weren't exactly the most law-abiding. They gave him food if he helped steal items and commit other crimes. His parents didn't give him much food; they had practically disowned him. The offer was irresistible.

This group of friends turned out to be affiliated with an organized band of criminals. He would often get into a lot of trouble with the city guards, as well as other gangs. As a result, he usually armed himself with a measly kitchen knife that he took from his house. He would use it to parry and defend himself.

When he was 15, his parents were branded by the Darksign. It was a shock. Nobody saw it coming. They were hauled off, never to be seen again. The landlord kicked him out of the house because he couldn't pay up. It was at this time that his 'group of friends' became his family.

When he was in his 20's, the crime group saw him as a full-fledged member. This meant that he would get involved in more detailed crimes, crimes that involved killing. They gave him spare light armor, a falchion upgraded with titanite, and a parrying dagger to replace his kitchen knife. He needed to be well-equipped if he was to be an assassin, a mercenary, or a bounty-hunter.

His 30's were the last of his normal human life. During a heist that went bad, three of his colleagues died in a fight with a few city guards. Two of the guards died, but one remained slightly injured. In a fit of rage, he killed the injured guardsman instead of running away. He stole the only thing he could off of the knight's body: his gauntlets. Afterward, he ran away into the night.

Because he had squandered his time getting revenge, a company of soldiers arrived and blocked his only escape route. He was gravely outnumbered. He died on the streets that day, but not entirely. It turned out that he too, was branded by the Darksign.

He awoke in the undead asylum. His desire for retribution was the only thing that kept him from going completely Hollow. Most of his other memories have faded or have become unclear.

Because his captors were knights, he has a great amount of bias against anyone who seems to be one.

Faction:
Independent.​

Last edited:
Reactions: An Otaku
Cyrus seems pretty Hopeful and is somewhat like Solaire. It would be a shame if...he had a Sunlight Maggot >.>

Cyrus seems pretty Hopeful and is somewhat like Solaire. It would be a shame if...he had a Sunlight Maggot >.>
horrible things always befall the kind and hopeful

Our revolting band of Undead lead by the honorable Oscar Anaro is now joined by Karla and Petrus!
Er, Sara and Henry... Frickin' clerics.

Still waiting for "Lautrec" or "Patches" to show up.
:checkmark: ?​

Last edited:
Fearless Otto, I dubeth thee Creighton for thine rage-kindled nature!
little_creighton_by_aureolin24-d7not8o.jpg
We shall be fast friends, I can feel it.

• Thank You
Reactions: Husk
Fearless Otto, I dubeth thee Creighton for thine rage-kindled nature!
little_creighton_by_aureolin24-d7not8o.jpg
We shall be fast friends, I can feel it.

That seems strangely appropriate.

To the list it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.