8-12 P.M. Pacific Standard Time
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Romance, and other nonsense.

Fellow Undead. The Land is thrown into chaos. Not of the kind that birthed the demons, but one born of the infighting nature of mankind. The shifting world has brought three realms that should never have seen each other clashing together. Now, the Abyss opens its maw to meet the great tragedy that has befallen this world. The Ancient Lord of Cinder has arisen from his grave in Anor Londo. A lady of the shadows rises from a usurped kingdom. and a pair of princes take their place on an empty throne. My fellow undead, we must no longer be pawns of these foolish rulers. We must stop denying our natural state. We must embrace our hollow form and retake our land.

I will adding more and more lore to this interesting dialogue as the story progresses.
Basic rules are this:
  • All of you are simple Undead. No Unkindled, Gods, etc.
  • You are all starting in the Undead Asylum unless you can give me a REALLY good reason not to.
  • Everything is not as it would seem normally, so while you can rely on some information from Dark Souls lore, don't expect everything to be the same.
The Factions:

Pledge yourself to the service of the twin princes of Lothric. Prince Lothric and Prince Lorian. Lorian is your commander while Lothric mostly takes the place of the Monarch role. You work to further the strength of Lothric in any way possible. Whether by cooperating with fellow knights to destroy grand enemies or slay those who would oppose Lothric's rule.

The faithful ensure that Aldrich, The Great Devourer, remains undisturbed, by taking the form of loyal spirits and hunting down those who would trespass the ruined cathedral and by going to Aldrich's home in Irithyll to feed the accursed to him.

Followers of the Dark Queen Nashandra, you seek to further the influence of the Abyss on the world. Those who would near your Queen in Dragnleic Castle are to be checked, and if their intentions are hostile you are to make them suffer.

Knights of Gwyn who seek to rekindle the First Flame, but the Kiln has been lost, the weakened bonfires can no longer access the Kiln, and its physical location is unkown.

You fight for the Sunlight, and desire to cooperate with any you can to help best the evil in this world.

..and More to come should you find them

Here comes the Character Sheet:

Name: (What you go by now, you may have had a name before this one)

Your Starting Weapon(s): (You may have up to 4, this includes shields, or magical mediums, you may also only have 2 but have one of the items as +1)

Your Starting Armor: (Must be associated with your similar weapon style. [I.e. Casters wear robes, thieves wear nearly no armor, and knights wear heavy-ish armor])

Bio:(You can probably guess XD )

Faction: (Less binding and more what you think they may fit into, this is mainly to be filled after/if they join a faction[For Souls players think Covenants])
I would ask that you be reasonable with starting gear. You will have very little unless you have an incredibly good reason.

The combat system will be based on a combination of:
A. Description (The better your writing the more likely I am to make you successful :) )

B. Rolls (I will be making personal rolls so you don't have to deal with that mess, and this is only going to happen if I can't decide based on the other critera)
C. Reasonability (Is it reasonable that you rolled out of the way of a knife that was thrown at you point blank? No, it is not.)
and D: Your character type (Thieves and Dextrous Characters are more likely to land hits and dodge them, but enemies will die in less blows to Strength characters.)

If it comes to a point we have player V player combat, I will do rolls for both sides. Whoever rolls higher will land/dodge the blow unless the other player concedes to let the blow they throw miss or the blow they receive hit.

Last edited:
Reactions: An Otaku
Name:
"Ranger" Anaro Dreiger

Appearance:
Anaro appears to be a young man, likely in his early twenties. He has a round head with short dark hair, and round brown eyes. He has a straight nose over a small mouth.

His attire is worn but not terribly tattered, allowing one to surmise his 'death' wasn't too long ago. Or at least, he's avoided most troubles since becoming undead. Though it's wear appears to be natural, given that his life and job was basically wilderness and road survival.

Your Starting Weapon(s):
Longsword +1
Short Bow

Your Starting Armor:

Chain hauberk under a Dark black-brown surcoat with gorget and pauldrons. A black gambeson beneath.
Dark Green knee-length cloak
Leather Gloves
Greaves over leather boots
Sallet Helm

Bio:
Anaro was a new knight from Mirrah- an order of Watchmasters- skilled with sword and bow. Not an outsider to warrior culture, he was born to a landowning knight in a more rural area. He became a watchman for the kingdom- a group of specialized knights who were mostly mobile marshals, and nearly endlessly patrolling the lands for lawlessness. They would also be used in warfare as scouts, saboteurs, and archers.

Awaking at the undead asylum, he doesn't recall how he arrived, or the events that lead for him to be where he was. Almost as if it were a dream- unable to remember when it started. Struggling to think of the last thing he remembers... Strange, he doesn't remember being cursed with undeath. He doesn't know if he had fallen in battle. Though he does remember being on the range as one of the last few things he can recall. And most things before this he can recall.. However he is having more issues trying to recall more distant memories.

Faction:
Unaffiliated
(Non-commital, as he's awoken in the Asylum... but likely Lothric's Knights.)​

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 100 % Snek
Name: Anaro Dreiger

Your Starting Weapon(s):
Your Starting Armor:
Bio: Anaro was a knight from Mirrah- an order of Watchmasters.

Faction: (Non-commital, as he's awoken in the Asylum... but likely Lothric's Knights.)
This is most certainly acceptable as it is :) As it goes your bio doesn't need to be huge, because undead usually forget their past a lot.
But yeah Accepted! if you want to make any changes to the sheet just let me know and I will check it over again.

Name: Riken Shade
Starting gear: Battle axe
Crest shield
Uchigatana+1
Starting armor: Full knight set
Bio
Faction: heirs to Solaire

Last edited:
I'll make a thing later, just got a few things to sort out before I get started on this

Name:
Draugun

Appearance:
Draugun stands at 6'2" with a muscular build due to his time as a Knight. He holds many scars from the battles he lived, and from the ones he has died in. His hair is cut short, light brown with a full trimmed beard that is being sported on his face with the same color. His eye color is a light gray-blue color, but his features are usually hidden away underneath the helmet.

Your Starting Weapon(s):
Claymore +1
Chime

Your Starting Armor:
Knight Set (Currenlty)

Bio:
"I can't seem to recall my full name, or how I came to be here."

Draugun was once a member of the Dragonslayer Order founded by Gwyn. He was a Knight who once used Miracles blessed to him by his God and traveled to find the Kiln. He was a skilled warrior with weapon and miracle, but it has been lost to him over time in the Asylum.

It was maddening to find nothing across treacherous lands and hostile enemies, but he was devote to his cause and continued. He returned to Lordran, defeated with no evidence to show for or any steps gained on the Kiln of the First Flame.

"I was searching for...for him. Always searching and fighting...but why? When I returned...She needed me. I started to search for her. She was...she was. Who was she again?"

Draugun's sister was ill when he returned, plagued with a sickness the Clerics could not heal with their miracles. So he left again without blessing, in search of a cure for his sister who's name had been forgotten. Somewhere during his travels he was killed, but had the gift of Undeath, or a curse if you see it that way. He continued to search for a cure and was empty handed. When he tried to return to Lordran, the Way of White surprised him in an ambush and took his body away to the Undead Asylum to rot--and eventually turn Hollow.

He sits in the Asylum, muttering to himself everyday about his purpose. He barely clings onto what he can remember and what he needs to be doing. His sense of self is beginning to wane unless he leaves the Asylum.

Faction:
Dragonslayers

• Love
Name: Riken Shade
Starting gear: Battle axe
Tower shield
Katana+1
Starting armor: Full knight set
Bio
Faction: heirs to Solaire
Could you please specify which Katana you are using? (I.e. Uchigatana) and Greatshields (The Tower Shield) will not be available at the start.

Last edited:
Name:
Draugun

Appearance:
Draugun stands at 6'2" with a muscular build due to his time as a Knight. He holds many scars from the battles he lived, and from the ones he has died in. His hair is cut short, light brown with a full trimmed beard that is being sported on his face with the same color. His eye color is a light gray-blue color, but his features are usually hidden away underneath the helmet.

Your Starting Weapon(s):
Claymore +1
Chime

Your Starting Armor:
Knight Set (Currenlty)

Bio:
"I can't seem to recall my full name, or how I came to be here."

Draugun was once a member of the Dragonslayer Order founded by Gwyn. He was a Knight who once used Miracles blessed to him by his God and traveled to find the Kiln. He was a skilled warrior with weapon and miracle, but it has been lost to him over time in the Asylum.

It was maddening to find nothing across treacherous lands and hostile enemies, but he was devote to his cause and continued. He returned to Lordran, defeated with no evidence to show for or any steps gained on the Kiln of the First Flame.

"I was searching for...for him. Always searching and fighting...but why? When I returned...She needed me. I started to search for her. She was...she was. Who was she again?"

Draugun's sister was ill when he returned, plagued with a sickness the Clerics could not heal with their miracles. So he left again without blessing, in search of a cure for his sister who's name had been forgotten. Somewhere during his travels he was killed, but had the gift of Undeath, or a curse if you see it that way. He continued to search for a cure and was empty handed. When he tried to return to Lordran, the Way of White surprised him in an ambush and took his body away to the Undead Asylum to rot--and eventually turn Hollow.

He sits in the Asylum, muttering to himself everyday about his purpose. He barely clings onto what he can remember and what he needs to be doing. His sense of self is beginning to wane unless he leaves the Asylum.

Faction:
Dragonslayers
This is a beautiful example of what a character sheet should look like! Accepted most definately!

• Thank You
Reactions: Artorias
Question before I get something up: are the weapons/armors available (besides the obvious) all starting sets and weapons found in the Asylum, or can we pick weapons that can still be acquired early in the game provided you're up for some suicide runs? As for armor, I'm assuming only starting sets?

I know this stuff is probably obvious, just trying to be 100% sure.

For the most part yes. You can get stuff thats available early game.

I should really add the Rule of Reason onto the main post. Then everyone can see that "If you have a good enough reason that I agree with the rules don't apply"

Okay, thinking about how Aldrich is involved in this RP, and Gwyn is still alive and ruling. Is Gwynevere still in Anor Londo? Is Gwyndolin still alive and not being devoured by Aldrich? Or is Gwynevere and Flann still missing while Gwyndolin is dead and devoured, and Yorshka is probably going to be next since Aldrich had a vision of her.

Photo update (* ^ ω ^)
NAME: Mercenary Bicell (Bee- CELL)

APPEARANCE: Bicell stands out among Undead for his particularly youthful looks, having been Cursed at the shallow age of 17. Though his true form is that of an all-but decayed, drab Hollow, his Ring of the Dead belays glassy azure eyes, long blonde hair tied back, and strangely unblemished skin on a 5'9" fleet frame.
tUvZd3J.png
START. WEAPON(S):
-Winged Spear
-Scimitar
-Varangian Shield
-Composite Bow

START. ARMOR: Light-weight armor
-Falconer(basically) hooded surcoat, undermail, and pauldron
-Wanderer Manchettes & Boots
-Burgundy, thick shoulder-wrapped scarf

KEY ITEM(S): Estus Flask, Ring of the Dead, Ring of Sacrifice(x2), Fire bombs, Throwing Knives

ARCHETYPE: Wanderer, focused on speed and evasion in lieu of high defense.

BIO: Formerly a renowned Spirit of Vengeance in the name of Darksun Gwyndolin, the divine spear Knight Aloyce pursued sinners and aided Chosen Undead toward the mantle of Lord.

Many cycles have passed since, as have many defeats. Death, traps, theft and all manner of accursed luck has befallen this Undead, leaving a once proud knight as a near-Hollow vagabond with but one strand of sanity: a Missive, signed by one 'Kn. Aloyce, Spear of the Darkling.' Under the apparent orders of this Knight, the amnesic near-Hollow calling himself "Bicell" seeks to assist fellow Undead by... by what?

Bicell's memory is a pitiable one, and the scroll of comandments has become shody and worn, ink fading or all together missing through lost patches. And so this Undead seeks their yet sane kin to aid them in whatever means necessary but one. Fearing death - that one more in a longline of mortal failures - will result in Hollowing, the Mercenary Bicell offers everything but his life -- though his scamp collection of Sacrifice Rings offer minor solace toward a would-be untimely end of Hollow madness, Bicell is egotistically protective of these rings and their useage. Even so, who can trust one Hollowed such as Bicell? To carry out his mandate, the Mercenary hides his true form through a Dead Ring. To inspire trust, through deceit, be it from other Undead or particularly maligned entities.

But as time wanes on, who could say whether or not an unmotivated mandate to help Undead will overcome his Soul-starved, perturbed nature...

FACTION:
-Heirs to Solaire (sounds like what Bicell's doing presently...)
-Dragonslayers (IF his memory was ever returned, this would be it.)

SOUL SONG: Starvation, TSFH

CREATION NOTES: Previously garnered acceptance from 100 % Snek on my PC having a Ring and starting somewhere that isn't within a cell.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Okay, thinking about how Aldrich is involved in this RP, and Gwyn is still alive and ruling. Is Gwynevere still in Anor Londo? Is Gwyndolin still alive and not being devoured by Aldrich? Or is Gwynevere and Flann still missing while Gwyndolin is dead and devoured, and Yorshka is probably going to be next since Aldrich had a vision of her.
I was actually wondering that myself. It could be Aldrich is actually in the Pontiff's building now seeing as how it was said Gwyn was resurrected in Anor Londo. No way Gwyn and Aldrich would just casually pass each other by as Gwyndolin's being eaten.

Hopefully Aldrich and friends are loitering in Irithyll and Gwyndolin's alive. That'd be nice. Please say yes, Master Snek.

P.S. Artorias, your and my PCs should be like friends from Anor Londo's golden age. Er, well. At least colleagues... maybe acquaintances?

I was actually wondering that myself. It could be Aldrich is actually in the Pontiff's building now seeing as how it was said Gwyn was resurrected in Anor Londo. No way Gwyn and Aldrich would just casually pass each other by as Gwyndolin's being eaten.

Hopefully Aldrich and friends are loitering in Irithyll and Gwyndolin's alive. That'd be nice. Please say yes, Master Snek.

P.S. Artorias, your and my PCs should be like friends from Anor Londo's golden age. Er, well. At least colleagues... maybe acquaintances?
Aldrich could also be inside the Cathedral of the Deep still.

If/When Draugun regains his memory, more than likely they could be/have been friends.

Reactions: An Otaku
To finish confusion on Aldritch. There is one hint you may have caught that I will point out. Aldritch's title as described in his faction section is now Great Devourer whereas in DS3 it is Devourer of Gods. This is because he has not eaten Gwyndolin yet.
Gwynevere is dead. We don't know if someone killed her, or what. But she is dead. (R.I.P Praise the Chest)
But Gwyndolin is alive, and Aldrich is... places. I don't want to spoil too much of the map until you get a chance to explore it.

Everyone's all dark and sad. I'm gonna make a happy knight of astora to brighten everyone's day.

Brighten? More like light a match in the Abyss.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
NAME: Mercenary Bicell (Bee- cell)

APPEARANCE: Bicell stands out among Undead for his particularly youthful looks, having been Cursed at the shallow age of 17. Though his true form is that of an all-but decayed, drab Hollow, his Ring of the Dead belays glassy azure eyes, long blonde hair tied back, and strangely unblemished skin on a 5'9" fleet frame.

START. WEAPON(S):
-Winged Spear
-Scimitar
-Varangian Shield
-Composite Bow

START. ARMOR: Light-weight armor
-Falconer (basically) hooded surcoat, undermail, and pauldron
-Wanderer Manchettes & Boots
-Burgundy, thick shoulder-wrapped scarf

KEY ITEM(S): Estus Flask, Ring of the Dead, Soapstone, Fire bombs, Throwing Knives

ARCHETYPE: Wanderer, focused on speed and evasion in lieu of high defense.

BIO: Formerly a renowned Spirit of Vengeance in the name of Darksun Gwyndolin, the divine spear Knight Aloyce pursued sinners and aided Chosen Undead toward the mantle of Lord.

Many cycles have passed since, as have many defeats. Death, traps, theft and all manner of accursed luck has befallen this Undead, leaving a once proud knight as a near-Hollow vagabond with but one strand of sanity: a Missive, signed by one 'Kn. Aloyce, Spear of the Darkling.' Under the apparent orders of this Knight, the amnesic near-Hollow calling himself "Bicell" seeks to assist fellow Undead by... by what?

Bicell's memory is a pitiable one, and the scroll of comandments has become shody and worn, ink fading or all together missing through lost patches. And so this Undead seeks their yet sane kin to aid them in whatever means necessary but one. Fearing death - that one more in a longline of mortal failures - will result in Hollowing, the Mercenary Bicell offers but his Phantom form. To be a wholly devoted spirit. Even so, there are some places only a true Undead, not phantom, can traverse... Only, who can trust one Hollowed such as Bicell? To carry out his mandate, the Mercenary hides his true form through a Dead Ring. To inspire trust, through deceit, be it from other Undead or particularly maligned entities.

But as time wanes on, who could say whether or not an unmotivated mandate to help Undead will overcome his Soul-starved, perturbed nature...

FACTION:
-Heirs to Solaire (sounds like what Bicell's doing presently...)
-Dragonslayers (IF his memory was ever returned, this would be it.)

SOUL SONG: Starvation, TSFH

CREATION NOTES: Previously garnered acceptance from 100 % Snek on my PC having a Ring and starting somewhere that isn't within a cell.
I am LOVING the character so far darling, but I will have to make one slight adjustment. Unfortunately, Soapstone mechanics are not a thing here, as it would be far too messy to soapstone people everywhere. It is all one fluid world.

%#$& ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━━┻

Fixing in but a moment.
Hang on! I realize this somewhat throws a wrench in the characters "Fear of death" aspect. So I will allow you to have 1 or 2 Rings of Sacrifice.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.