Lelei Vivecca ~ SHSL Pharmacist

Lelei watched as people began getting off the elevator one by one. She stood still for a few seconds before shoving her hands into her labcoat again and stepping out, her head lowered and shoulders hunched. She walked down the hall, right next to the wall, brushing against it every few steps. Her feet dragged, one by one, with barely enough energy to keep her going. She could feel her whole body still shaking, she tried to stop it, fight against this dread that filled her insides, taking over, but it was no use. She felt like all the space inside her lungs was being taken up by this feeling, this despair. Her breathing shallow and slow. It felt like her insides were wrapping around each other.

She headed straight for the medical room, not lifting her gaze from the floor even for a second. She knew she would have to eventually find Ken, to apologise. She doubted him, though she didn't want to but she didn't exactly know him well enough to be certain he wouldn't do such a thing. And that's what terrified her the most. She didn't know anyone here, not really. Any of these people could be capable of murder, any of them.... She didn't want to think like that but it was true. She knew this would happen again, a sinking feeling, she could only hope it wouldn't be her next.

When she finally got to the infirmary she went into the medical supplies room, a comfortably small room. She began frantically searching through the drawers and drawers of medicine, her hands trembling. Finally she found it, gripping the small box tightly as she fumbled to open it, she took a couple of the pills from the film, popping a couple of xanax into her mouth. She bit down on the pill, that familiar bitter taste filled her mouth. Her back now against the wall as she slid down it slowly till she was sitting on the ground, hugging her knees tightly to her chest. She sat like that, her body still trembling, for a good few minutes. Looking up at the cabinet in front of her, it was filled to the brim with different bottles but only one felt like it was staring back at her. That one bottle, that one substance that almost cost them the life of an innocent person.

Lelei pushed her body off the ground, her legs feeling a little more stable now, she stared at the bottle for only a few seconds before reaching for it, but it honestly felt like forever to her. She grabbed the bottle off the shelf, slowly walking through into the infirmary again, sitting on the edge of one of the medical beds, just staring at the label. She bit down on her lip, pondering her next move. It definitely would be nice to just....fall asleep now and forget all of this happened...maybe even not wake up again. After all why bother, all that waited for them here was more suffering, more despair. The longer they were stuck in here the more people she would watch die around her, that's if she wasn't the next one to bite the dust.

She sighed deeply, as tempting as it was to take the easy way out...it just wasn't her. She knew she would feel better once her medicine kicked in, this was just the despair talking. With another sigh she stood up, glaring at the bottle she held in her hand. It irritated her that something like this would be stocked in the medical room, she didn't realise how she missed it before, overlooked it. "Stupid bear....with his...stupid...plans and...ugh." She cursed, suddenly lobbing the bottle at the wall ahead of her. "Dammit!"

The glass shattered against the wall, the liquid splattered all over, dripping down the wall and onto the floor slowly. Lelei stood there, eyes wide with shock. It took her a minute or so to register what she had done, she wasn't sure why her body reacted like that, she wasn't one for throwing fits. She muttered to herself as she walked over to the mess on the ground and started to pick up the larger shards of glass.

Monokuma smiled at Ken, as far as robotic teddybears could smile at all, at least. "Oh, I'm a bear of my word! You did your job, and your reward is no torture! Trust me, they're all alive and kicking or in one piece, in the case of that one guy's card, and they would love to see you again! But for that to happen, you first need to Graduate, and you know what that means, right?"
The bear changed its pose, tilting its head and bringing one arm to its mouth in a mocking pose "...What? You thought I would release them? I only said that they would be tortured if you didn't kill; I never said anything about letting them go if you did. Upupupupu..." He paused for a moment, then continued. "...That said, I guess Arsen and Alex won't ever be graduating. So as a sign of my good will and honor as a bear, I'll let them leave the property! Ain't I the nicest bear you've ever met? Now then, if that is all, I'll be taking my leave. You should go to bed soon; it is night time, after all, and young people need their sleep if they want to Graduate~"

Logan Vickson-SHSL Card Teller
Logan walked out of the elevator, shaking his head a bit as he tried to recover from what just happened. He went over to the stair case and looked up it, guess a new thing to explore tomorrow. He began to head towards his room, shoving his hands into his pockets, at the moment sleep seemed like the best option. He paused though, he heard the bear talking about their loved ones, in that instant something snapped in Logan, something he'd pent up since the motive was first delivered, it was time for him to release that anger. He turned around and stormed into the rooms. He stomped right over to the bear. He gripped his fists and his face filled with hate towards the monochromatic, fish eating, honey sucking, bear-bitch. "GIVE HER BACK YOU DAMN BEAR!"

Logan walked to right in front of the bear and held out his hand "You say you will release them so give her back" He said the next part through clenched teeth, his eyes burned with anger as he looked down at him. The card teller was pissed, it was probably part of the bear's plans to, but right now he just wanted to know his loved one was still ok. He wasn't thinking clear, he had a serious case of tunnel vision which lead straight to this bear.

@Neobullseye

Reactions: Galaxi
Monokuma's grin dropped as quickly as it had appeared, to be replace by an angry glare.
"Are you deaf, or just stupid? I just told you what you need to do to see your card back; you need to Graduate. Now let me go before I Execute you for violence against the Headmaster, AKA me. This is your only warning, any further transgressions will result in your... no. Scratch that. You obviously care more about that card than about yourself, so if you pull anything again, I will first destroy that card in front of you as slow and systematically as I can, leaving you with the Despairing knowledge that you are responsible for it. Then, when I care enough to do so, I will kill you. Do you understand?"

@The Tragedy

Logan stared at the bear, he looked ready to murder him, however, he went quiet, looking down at the floor. He gripped his fists and turned sharply before he could end up with himself dead because of the bear. He stepped out of the room, slamming the door. He walked towards his room, and shut the door. He let out a shaky breath, he walked over to his desk and looked at the incomplete deck of cards. He knocked them down to the floor.

He was so angry, angry that his predictions was right, angry that the bear was now taunting him with what he held most dear as if it were some toy (irony) and that he was worthless in the matter. He went to his bed and fell onto it. After all that had happened that day hadn't even realized how tired he was, his eyelids suddenly felt quite heavy, in seconds he fell asleep.

Ken Tanaka
Ken merely looked at the bear completely unamused, if there was any relief from hearing the bears words, he certainly didn't show it. All he gave was dead silence, though he did give a nod of recognition when Monokuma stopped talking. Not as to say he would go to bed, but namely informing the thing there were no more questions, at least not from himself. There simply wasn't anything else on Ken's mind to ask that bear, and the sooner he left the better, at least in Ken's opinion.

Alas, mere moments after Monokuma got done explaining stuff to him another person entered yelling at the top of his head about Monokuma releasing some chick. Letting out a sigh, Ken simply stood up and moved away from both Logan and Monokuma, having no interest in their exchange. After all, Monokuma just told him their loved once weren't going to be released, and he truly doubt they would just because this guy started yelling. "What a pain." He muttered to himself as he rubbed his head lightly just waning the bear to stop talking, as every word it uttered seemed to be giving him more of a headache than that damn drug.

Luckily enough for Ken, not only did the loud one leave as soon as he arrived, but no sooner did that guy go, so did Monokuma. "Finally, silence." He grumbled before looking around only to see Tatsuya was still there. "Oh right, you're here. Came to check out your second home~" He asked with a smirk on face before shrugging. "No surprise there, I bet the next time I come here you will ha......" He stopped in his words and let his hands slip into his pocket as his smirk left his face . "Nevermind....even with you here I just cant get into my usual ever so charming and alluring mood. Haha...who knew, realizing I could have died just puts me off my game."

".................................I could have died..." Ken said in a soft tone, one that was a mixture of disbelief, and honestly, a bit of fear. Walking to one side while his eyes looked up at the ceiling he continued to talk, though to no one in particular. Sure he was aware Tatsuya was still there, but he simply didn't care enough right now to address him. His hand now moving from his pocket to his hair, he began to pace in his spot. Though for the most part he seemed fine, straight face really, he was anything but. His hands were shaking (something easy to see), and him not being in the mood to tease was just another sign that he wasn't fine. "...I....I didn't......I don't get it." His voice was cracking as his mind lingered on last night, attempting its best to piece together what was missing. "Loki, left a mark, I didn't. Not a punch or anything... But, why? W....Why didn't I do anything? I know I don't want to fucking die in this hell hole. I....I wouldn't just let Alex come up to stab me in the neck, I just wouldn-" He cut himself off as he brought his hand down and looked at it. "Stop shaking, this is completely unlike me. I mean come on...just...fucking hell."

"I...reacted, I know I did, I always do when I'm surprised or caught off guard." Ken whispered as he stopped pacing. "I take a step back, I get my knife before making my next move. Its how I've always done it...how I keep surviving...back away from the danger, arm myself, then decide flight or fight..." His eyes were still fixated on his shaking hands. ".......He grabbed me so I couldn't back, he stopped my first instinct, then when I fell to my second one...there was nothing... The knife, my knife any knife...the thing that kept me alive and safe wasn't there when I needed it.... I needed a weapon and it just...it...wasn't there... It wasn't I panicked...I b-bet I panicked... I was scared wasn't I? I didn't know what to do, I was lost I couldn't react I froze, I-I-I..." Now looking rather pale Ken gulped before suddenly crouching down and putting his hands over his ears as he closed his eyes shut.

"Stop shaking damn it!" He shouted out through gritted teeth. "I'm alive." 'By pure luck.' "I'm alive." 'I shouldn't be.' "I'm still breathing" 'If the syringe had been longer, or if he just wanted to kill me.' "My screen isn't greyed out, because I lived." 'I failed...I didn't save myself, I let myself become a target and then did nothing when attacked.' "I don't want to die." 'I lost a weapon and I nearly lost myself.' "I fought this hard for this long, I don't want to die, because of that thing disgusting will." 'Then think! Damn it! I need to think, plan be ready... This isn't a joke, Kaede is still out there, he's still alive. He has to be still alive.' "....................." 'I cant die here and just leave that hopeless man alone, I couldn't do that to him. I couldn't stand it if I'm the reason for breaking his heart. I need to calm down, think, reorganize myself, and go on from there.' ".........." 'I am still alive, and because of this mistake I realized my weakness, too cocky, I didn't think I would be target so soon. I didn't get my knife back right away. I'm too comfortable. I didn't do anything, because I expected something to be there but it wasn't there. I need to use anything I can to make sure I survive, not just for my sake...but his to...'

'I wont die here, not without a fight. I fucking refuse! If that robot or anyone thinks I'll just roll over and become a victim! Then they have something else coming for them!'

After a moment of silence Ken gave a small nod to himself as he slowly opened his eyes. Looking down at the floor, stood Loki. who had her head cocked to the side lightly looking rather curious. Reaching out Ken smiled warmly at her as he gently pet her head. "Thank you my little life saver." He whispered before holding his finger out so she would step up, which she did. Moving her over to his shoulder he let her perch their before he fully stood up. Taking in a deep breath and slowly exhaling he calmed himself the best he could. Admittedly his hands were still quivering a bit, but for the most part, he was as calm as he could get in the situation.
".....Hey Tatsuya." Ken said softly, actually using the others full first name, rather than one of his nicknames, something that was unheard of when it came to Ken addressing the other. "Two things. First, could you not tell anyone about that little panic attack I may or may not have had? That would be just lovely if you didn't ya know? Secondly." He took one more deep breath (one that seemed deeper than any of the others he's taken) and turned to look at Tatsuya. "Ineedyourhelp." His words came out in one breath, as he had to force himself to say it now or never. Once he did say it however, he let out a sigh. "...I need your help." He repeated once more, barely believing himself to be saying this. "..........I want you to help me learn basic self defense. As much as I would love to read it and learn in a safe environment. I sadly learn faster watching that and no where in this hell can be considered a safe environment. Of course, of course I know your first response to this. So before you say anything, here is what I'm offering. If you help me, learn defense without a weapon."

Ken had to stop himself as he ever so lightly gulped, before slowly bringing one hand up and lightly tapping his left cheek. "No running, dodging, or anything like that. I will stand here and let you get one free punch right here. And before you ask. No Tatsuya, I'm not joking." His usual smirk that decorated his face or his joking tone was completely gone from his current demeanor as looked over at Tatsuya, waiting to see what his decision was.
@Solaresque

Reactions: Aravhorn and Galaxi
Tatsuya Yamazaki - SHSL Street Fighter
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Tatsuya found himself snorting at the quip he'd shortly received from Ken, averting his gaze in his mild exasperation. A love affair was the last thing he'd have considered the two to be partaking in, but as it seemed, the architect was simply inquiring something of their captor that Tatsuya did not need to be forced out for. Still, the street fighter lingered uncertainly for a moment, wondering if he should better leave or continue to check out the premises as he first desired; even as he tentatively decided on the latter, wandering over to inspect a set of weights nearby, Tatsuya remained quiet yet attentive as he listened in on the conversation taking place nearby. He hadn't thought Ken would be asking anything too important, really, and in hearing the previous motive brought up, Tatsuya wasn't incredibly moved. The subtle change in Ken's tone did not pass by unnoticed however, and idly, Tatsuya considered that for Ken to be asking this question and in such seriousness, the architect was not as much needlessly curious as he seemed legitimately concerned about those people taken hostage...

Which was a reasonable response, all in all. It was normal to want to know what would come of them, and although Tatsuya still thought it futile in the case they were being lied to, the outcome interested him too. So to then hear from Monokuma that all the hostages were still alive, albeit left in captivity, it was one of the better responses. That their respective loved ones would be allowed to leave even if one of them were to die was surprisingly honourable of the bear as well... It made Tatsuya wonder why their captor would bother to keep their word if the main purpose of this killing game was to cause them all to suffer. After all, wouldn't it be that much more 'despairing' if those people were slaughtered regardless of what happened? Tatsuya supposed this wasn't exactly something to complain about, although he truly couldn't help being cynical towards any sort of positive outcome in as dangerous a scenario as this. Even now, he couldn't completely accept what the bear had said as truth, part of him inclined to believe that Kameyo had been killed. It's not like he could do much in this situation to save her, after all.

Tatsuya turned from the set of dumbbells he'd been hovering over, just in time to see a particular dude (was it Logan...?) rush into the room to affront Monokuma on the topic at hand... which was amusing to witness, but pitiful more-so. Especially when a card was mentioned... was Logan's loved one a card?? What the fuck...

Cocking his head whilst uttering a derisive huff, the street fighter watched as Monokuma spat his threats and Logan left the room as quickly as he'd arrived, albeit with a bit of a temper (of which Tatsuya could not complain... it would be rather hypocritical of him if he did). Sure enough Monokuma was swift to leave the premises too, and Tatsuya remained in the gym with one last person, Ken.

Steeling his gaze a bit as the architect turned to address him with one of his usual remarks, Tatsuya folded his arms and was fully prepared to bite back with a retort of his own... except Ken had faltered before Tatsuya could even think to open his mouth, admitting to being shaken by his near-death experience and, with visible unease, turning away. That was... somewhat unexpected, for as far as Tatsuya had known Ken, the man very rarely showed weakness of any kind. Laughing, playing off his insecurities with jokes, or whatever it is Ken did to cope, this is what Tatsuya had understood him for. So to watch in silence as Ken began to pace whilst muttering things to himself, Tatsuya listened, confusedly, cautiously, unsure of what part exactly that he had to play in this...

If anything it seemed he had nothing to do with this at all, which made the street fighter feel rather uncomfortable to say the least. It was like observing something you know you have no business paying attention to, like a car crash by the side of the road or in seeing a stranger accidentally trip over. Ken's affairs were no where close to his own, but still Tatsuya stood by in silence, unmoving save for his gaze which followed the man as he rambled to himself, his uneven tone and desperate speech evidence enough of a minor breakdown. And the fact that Ken was talking to himself at the moment, altering between flimsy reassurances and the things he'd done wrong... the importance of the knife that was taken from him, his inability to react appropriately in the face of danger...

Tatsuya's brow furrowed as things peaked to the point where Ken was simply shouting at himself to stop, keeling over and then repeating realities like they were a mantra upon which to cling. Perhaps this was the point where he'd have best intervened, when Ken had fallen silent and Tatsuya was standing there somewhat awkwardly regretting the fact that he had not left the room earlier because he had no damn clue what to say in response to all this (seriously, Ken was not fucking normal and Tatsuya had no idea how to deal with the unsettlingly genuine side of the bastard who he'd much rather be attempting to punch holes into). But before Tatsuya might've found a way to somewhat civilly excuse himself from this gauche situation or otherwise, Ken appeared to recover somewhat from his state of panic, spending a moment quietly tending to his bird before standing. Tatsuya tensed up as Ken turned toward him, and in hearing the guy address him by his complete first name...

Oh no. Oh fuuuuck no. Ken had just had a breakdown, and now Ken was being serious with him, and now Hell's gonna freeze over. This is not good. This could not be good.

It took Tatsuya a good measure of resolve to maintain his composure as Ken made his requests of him, expression reluctant. To teach Ken self-defense... No. No way.

"Are you actually..." Serious, but Ken had already asserted that. "You know I don't..."

He trailed off again, a frustrated sigh signalling his inability to find the right words in response to this.

"You're a fucking idiot," Tatsuya quickly settled on. "And a bloody lunatic as well."

Pausing, his expression hardened, absolving himself of his hesitance.

"I don't want to teach you anything," he admittedly bluntly. "But..." His gaze averted momentarily, sighing his frustration. "You need it, clearly... You're desperate."

In saying this, Tatsuya fell silent for a moment, silent in comprehending the other's struggle. It had nothing to do with him. Nothing at all. But Ken was laying down his pride for this. He was turning to Tatsuya for a favour, and it was so intrinsically belittling for someone like Ken to do that, to bare his dignity in this way that it was both... incredibly unnerving, and really almost irritating for Tatsuya to witness. It meant that Ken was being completely real with him. He was desperate, and he was turning to Tatsuya for help. To offer that punch across the face, for Ken, it was a big fucking deal, so how could Tatsuya, knowing this, refuse him on this basis, as though void of all pity...?

Impossible. It was impossible. Tatsuya hated taking pity on people, and someone like Ken, for all the shit he put him through, deserved his sympathy the least. But still, Tatsuya had a conscience. As much as he hated this, it was simply impossible to say no in response to a hopeless request like this... Even if Ken was the one requesting it of him.

"Ugh..."

Gritting his teeth a moment, Tatsuya finally made up his mind, throwing his hands up slightly in exasperation.

"Fine,"
he snapped, angrily, and swiftly, almost on impulse, had already swung an arm back, fists balling up in succession. "Chin up-"

Aside from the sudden change in stance and demeanor, there was no other warning and almost no time to brace oneself. Tatsuya threw his right arm around in a rapid hook, catching the side of Ken's face against his knuckles and with enough driving power to throw the poor guy completely off his feet. While not intended to induce a coma, Tatsuya was not quite holding himself back; that punch was a manifestation of all the rage and suffering Ken had caused Tatsuya throughout their high-school life (plus a bit of his anger from being cooped up in here too, not that it would benefit Ken to know that), and honestly... It was an extremely satisfying thing, to finally relieve himself of much of that tension, in the form of a single punch.

Withdrawing his arm and glancing down at his fist, Tatsuya smiled.

"That... felt a lot better than I thought it would," he remarked almost pleasantly, gripping his affected wrist and flexing his fingers. His attention then returning to Ken, who was most likely still sprawled out on the ground, Tatsuya raised a brow. "How do you feel about one more? You know, to seal the deal."

@SolemnOath

Last edited:
Rin "Flame" Sakai, SHSL Graffiti Artist
The initial sketches of the murals seemed promising. He hadn't been particularly close to either Arsen or Alex, but that was an artistic challenge Flame was ready to tackle. After all, monuments were made to remember those they portrayed in a specific light, full personality notwithstanding. A golden glow for Arsen, bathed in comforting flames in his firefighter gear. He'd have to ask Endia and Chikako about him. As for Alex… well. As a manager within the Future Foundation he likely had helped organize… well. For the viewers that would likely only make his betrayal worse. His mural would have to be a warning. But for now he'd focus on Arsen's memorial, and hopefully his work would lift the mood in this place.

In any case, it probably wasn't best to linger, and there was another area to explore. Rin folded the sketches and slipped them into his pocket, along with the pencil. Then he took out the tablet. Huh. That was strange. The classrooms that had been there previously simply… weren't. Flame hummed lowly as he checked the various dots that were on the screen, then remembered that Ken's tablet had been broken. Then Monokuma's announcement rang out, and he squinted as a dot with Ken's name on it appeared. Ah. That put Ken and Tatsuya in the same room, then, which could mean a number of things. Hopefully Ken wasn't doing something wantonly self-destructive, by which he meant 'annoying Tatsuya for lack of other things to do'. Which… was likely.

Imagine, if you will, that you're back in high school, and it's your first day. You're sitting in the very back of the classroom, bored because your homeroom teacher is delivering her "welcome to Hope's Peak Academy!" speech and because you're a young and dumb high school student you couldn't care less. Except the black-haired kid a couple of seats in front of you seems to be annoying the other black-haired kid in front of him, and it's a decent distraction until said second black-haired kid whips around and just fucking socks Black-Haired Kid #1 so hard that his chair nearly hits you in the face, and then his body hits the wall behind you.

Hopefully (he caught himself thinking that word a lot more often than not since he'd been here… Namie would give him one of those looks for that) something similar wasn't happening right now. Though, considering how likely it was, that might almost be too much to ask. Flame broke into a jog when he saw that the hall was mostly empty, following the map on his tablet and thus not paying much attention to the rest of the new area until coming to a stop inside the doorway of the gym. Just in time to see Ken ragdoll across the room. The sound of Flame's palm smacking his face was drowned out by his body hitting the wall, again. He exhaled sharply and strode over to make sure Ken wasn't unconscious - again. He opened his mouth to scold Ken and then stopped. Instead, he looked between the two and then at the ceiling. "Do I even want to know?"

Ken Tanaka

'Who would have thought waiting to get punched could be this unnerving?'

Though his eyes were no longer on Tatsuya, he still hadn't moved and was patiently waiting for the others response. Taking his hand from his cheek, he instead placed a finger at Loki's feet to get her to step off his shoulder. Once she did he moved her in front of him and merely gave her attention. Something the little thing adored, he proceeded to pet her back gently, which in turn made her get relaxed and puffed up. With his gaze on her he kept a faint smile, his lips remaining shut, allowing time for Tatsuya to consider his offer.

At the mention of being a lunatic, a small snicker left Ken as he gave a nod. Tatsuya would find no argument about that here. Asking a street fighter, one that hates you, to teach you how to survive should a situation that required that set of skills ever arise? Not only that but, to attempt to get the other to do it, offer to take a punch from said angry fighter...who could likely kill him with said punch? All in all this would have been a horrible idea. They were in a killing game, they were alone, Tatsuya had a clear advantage over Ken, especially if the other simply landed one well place punch to his jaw. All of these things had been considered by Ken for a moment before he made the offer. He may be a bit of a lunatic, but he wasn't completely foolish. If Ken didn't know Tatsuya as much as he believed he did, no way in hell would he offer something like this.

Desperate, ha...what a painful truth. Though Ken didn't want to admit it, Tatsuya wasn't wrong. He was, to an extent, desperate. Sure, if Tatsuya declined his offer (the following things would happen, after he dragged Tatsuya to the nearest doctor to get his head checked) he would attempt to learn self defense on his own. Books, personal experience, taking the moves he used when he had a knife and convert them to be used without one. He could do all of those things, but no matter how he thought of it. It wouldn't be as effective or simply would take longer to learn, and use. Books are only so useful, past experience doesn't inform him if the moves he is doing are beneficial or not, and techniques he used for a knife, were meant for just that. Who knew how long it would take him to change something he is used to, to something he had no familiarity with? So yes. When he thought about it, he was desperate, for someone who knew what they were doing to teach him.

There was a bout of silence after the last comment and at this Ken looked up at the other. Slightly tilting his head he merely questioning the other if he came to a decision. When the groan left Tatsuya, once more Ken couldn't suppress a chuckle as he flicked his finger making Loki fly off and away from him. He could tell, that was a groan of someone about to do something they really didn't want to do.

"Now give me a moment okay? Cause normal people such as myself really ne-" '.....He's lifting his arm.....he's not going to give me a second to prepare is h-'

"Chin up."

'Fuck.'

Putting his arms behind his back as he grabbed one of his wrist in a death hold (something he had to do to ignore his instinct to dodge/bolt for it), and he remained where he stood. His body tensed, his eyes closed, and no sooner did he do that, did he feel a foreign pain connect to his face. Flesh hitting flesh, the feeling of his cheek being hit with such force was the only thing his mind could focus on. His eyes didn't see the ground moving or Tatsuya after this point, and all he could see after the punch was a flash of white.

The force of the punch was enough to knock someone that was fully prepared into another life. However, Ken sadly barely had a second to mentally curse the other before the fist connected with his cheek. This sent him flying, an impressive distance no less. Even after his body slammed into the floor (he didn't know how to break a fall and therefore landed on his right shoulder, with the side of his head also making contact with the floor) and a grunt of pain was heard, he still slide on the ground for a small bit. Coming to a stop when his body smashed into a near by wall.

There Ken lay on his side facing Tatsuya, his eyes were closed (though he wasn't unconscious) and he merely laid there trying to collect himself (not the easiest thing in the word) as small soft groans left him, evidently trying to hold back something louder. 'No screaming in pain, this is fine, I'm okay with this, suck it up... And cursing of pain will be dished out, after and only after I leave this room.' He thought through gritted teeth. Hearing Tatsuya's comment of sealing the deal only let a dry laugh leave him. Though upon hearing a second voice, Flame's, 'When did he get here??' he of course prepared to give a sarcastic reply. Though, when he smirked (an action he instantly regretted) he choose to leave his sarcasm and quips for another time.

"Give me...a moment" He muttered as remained in his spot, sporting a decent daze (really didn't help he hit his head on the fall). After a good few seconds he knew he couldn't lay on the floor any longer and with that he slowly pushed himself up into a sitting position. Letting his back rest against the wall, he looked to the side where he saw drips of blood resting on the floor. "I swear to gods, not again, we don't have a dentist here." He groaned as he ran his tongue all around his teeth, in search for a hole. Luckily! Much to his relief, every tooth was in fact accounted for. "Yay...dont have to eat mush and get high on morphine or whatever." Reaching his hand up he rested it against the cheek was hit, lightly wincing when his hand got coated in some hot yet sticky substance.

Pulling it away he let out a groan as he watched scarlet liquid now cover a portion of his palm. "Damn, kept my teeth but probably going to get a scar." He said with a snicker (again hissing at pain upon doing so). Letting out a deep sigh he looked at Rin before cupping his cheek once more. He was tempted, honestly! He was tempted to keep up with him being serious and explain to Rin what just happened. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut how long do people expect him to be serious? Its depressing acting like that! Facing realties so on and so such. He got his answer from Tatsuya, he knew the other wouldn't back down simply due to a bit of annoyance. Which meant~

"Depends, do you like to live your life in ignorance Flame~ Because if you do I have several different stories I can tell you~ Here's the first one. You see what happened was.... T-Tits ju-jumped me! Can you believe that!?! I was minding my own business ya know, just questioning life and where the hell Monokuma gets so many amazing mangos, a-and then out of no where! T-This monster! just comes up and POW!!! Without any hint o-of mercy or warning, I...I thought...I was-an-and here *totally a real sniff* He attacked me without any rhyme or reason! " He said before sniffing a bit as he covered his eyes with his other forearm, pretending to be sucking up some tears. (Even with his cheek hurting him with every smirk and snicker, Ken just couldn't help himself, he just really couldn't) After a second of his 'act' he slowly peaked up at Rin with a raised brow. "...Hehe I'm getting this nagging sense you don't believe me do you flame? Now that, that is mean hurtful even! No matter how I look at it~ Why I should call the feels police on you or something of that nature~hehe~" (every laugh, and every smirk truly was hurting him to a degree, but...he just had to)

Using the wall he pushed himself up and looked over at Tatsuya. "As much as i'm thrilled you enjoyed it, that was the only free punch I'm ever giving you. Besides~Who seals a deal twice over, that punch was what sealed it." Ken said with a snicker. "It wasn't hey here, I'll let you get in a sample punch before letting you do the real punch, cause I want you to get that right hook ready and perfect! Sorry to tell you~ I'm not that big of a masochist..........................I mean what?" Wiping away some of the blood that slipped down his chin Ken kept his hand cupped over his cheek.

"Also! Since you didn't look at the terms and conditions of this agreement that you ever so happily sealed. Let me tell you them~ Everyday at the gym, mmm lets saaaay, after breakfast you help me. And I'm fully aware this gives you plenty of opportunity to attack me or worse. But due tell me Tits~What kind of man would you be if you attacked someone that is putting their trust into you, and isn't being violent~Hm? Of course you can expect the same from me, though I still will stay me, I wont attempt to stab you in the back, cross my ever so warm heart" After saying this he winced again as a wave of pain went over him.

"Fucking hell....as glad as I am that I'm not in a coma at the moment, did you really need to punch me that hard???"

At this time Loki returned to his shoulder looking at the other curiously as she tried to understand why on earth Ken was holding his cheek.

A small sigh left him as he looked at Rin. "I just asked our ever so dear.........f..... Classmate~ For some help, but him being the greedy guy he forced me to be attacked if I want to so much as speak to him. Still as violent as ever ya se-..." Cutting himself off again another shallow hiss of pain left him. Not only due to the constant searing in his cheek, but also simply cause a headache that had appeared. Groaning out at this he pushed off the wall completely so he could leave. "Since I don't want to pass out and fall into a coma here, I think I'll head to my room. Flame, if I'm not there for breakfast, be fully aware Tits here knocked me into a Coma, one which might have left me brain dead. So, when people ask who killed me~ Don't tell them it was Tits okay? How about, instead the two of you can work together to get the thief guy, Masyasshole? Masy the massive asshole? Masy the fucking sticky finger asshole? Look, .... I know the word asshole was in his name. I blame Tits for not letting me remember that jackasses full name. Anyway! Just frame that guy for my murder~ Just an idea~~~"
Another chuckle (followed by him gritting his teeth and hissing softly) left him as he started to make his way to the door, more than happy to leave if it meant he could be alone to curse out the world as he deemed fit.
@Solaresque @the.complex-of-constellations

By some miracle, Ken didn't die due to a subdural hematoma that night, Tatsuya was not killed in revenge and Rin didn't get caught in the crossfire. Thalia and Lelei didn't do something foolish, Logan didn't get killed over a card, and none of the other characters died either. In short, everyone lived to see another day, even if some of them barlay saw any sleep. And then the morning announcement rang out...

*Ding dong, dong ding*
"Good morning, everyone. It is now 8 PM, which means another beautiful day has begun. ...Now get out of bed, you lazy bastards!"

Thalia: Act 2-1 -- A new day.

Slowly, Thalia opened here eyes, woken by the morning announcement. So, apparently she did fall asleep eventually, although judging by how she felt it couldn't have been long. Even now the sights of yesterday's events kept replaying in her head. The ghastly scene in the Room of Joy. The whole Investigation Time, where everyone involved knew that one of their own had killed Arsen, yet nobody knew who. The Trial. And then finally... Finally... The execution. Dear God, the execution. And what was it all for? Nothing, for the killer had been caught. Meaningless, everything had been meaningless. And worse yet, now that they were right back where they started, it was only a matter of time befo- NO!
No. She wasn't allowed to think like that, not when she had to go and meet everyone else, at least. Otherwise, they would just keep dragging each other down. Here, in the safety of her own room, she dared to let her guard down. But when she was out there, she had to keep appearances up. Speaking of which, she probably looked horrible. Wandering off to the shower room, Thalia's suspicions were quickly confirmed; her hair was a complete mess, and she had bags below her eyes.

One refreshing shower later, Thalia got dressed for the morning, then made her way towards the Dining hall. "Goo- .... Morning, everyone," the actress said as she entered the cafetaria, swallowing the first word she almost spoke. Today was a lot of things, but it was most definitely not a /good/ morning.

Violet Theobold - SHSL Poet.

The time between getting the elevator back from the trial and her hitting the bed was all a bit of a daze. She knew she hadn't gotten much sleep, as the dark rings around her eyes were even deeper then usual. Understandable, after hearing the...

At least Chikako provided her some sense of safety while she laid in her bed awake but not there. That been one trial. And already she felt mentally finished. Guilt has stayed with her ever since she realised there had been a body discovered. As the first thought that had popped into her mind was, 'Finally, maybe I'll feel better'.

She was so foolish.

That feeling was still there, which meant that she still knew that people were still capable of taking another life. God, she couldn't go through that whole ordeal again. She just couldn't.

But she had to be strong, she was down. But not defeated! And there were others there who needed her to try.

Thalia had crept into the cafeteria, where Violet was currently sitting. Nobody was taking things great, well, aside from Hiro. But Thalia was one of the few who were taking this the hardest. Violet didn't even know what to say to her friend. Frowning to herself, Violet tapped on the table.

Two of the same cloth.
Swallowing words like idiots.
Not a single sound, then.

"We..." Violet coughed. "We have breakfast ready! If, you want some." She pushed a plate gingerly in Thalia's direction.

@Neobullseye

Char
[spoili]
full

[/spoili]

Bleak. No other word better described the atmosphere as Charee walked into the dining hall. It was impossible to avoid thinking about the demise which surrounded them, so of course everyone was solemn. It's not like they hadn't seen people die before; everyone here had been fighting against despair for the last few years, which inevitably meant seeing countless deaths. Yet, there was something different about seeing the people you trusted the most, fellow Hope's Peak graduates, kill each other simply for the amusement of Monokuma. Everyone had now realised that they could become a victim or murderer at any moment... was there any room for hope in a situation as bleak as this? Charee couldn't answer that, such philosophy was beyond him. What Charee did know, however, was that he hadn't yet faced a situation in which explosions hadn't cheered him up.

"Morning," Charee half-heatedly greeted, strolling past Thalia and Violet as he made his way towards the kitchen. Once inside, Charee shoved a couple of slices of toast in the toaster, before returning to his true goal. He searched the kitchen for various items - a pot of salt substitute, coffee filter paper, some jars, and a weighing scales - dumping his seemingly random collection of goodies on the counter, his toast popping just as he finished up. Charee quickly slathered the toast in honey, then shoved a slice in his mouth before leaving the kitchen.

By the time Charee arrived at the medical room he'd finished the toast, licking any lingering honey off his lips. Without bothering to check the list of medical items, Charee began randomly opening cupboards, rummaging about for some instant cold packs. In his disorganised haste Charee hadn't even noticed Lelei sleeping in the corner, so it was unsurprising that the search was fruitless.

"Hnng, surely there have got to be cold-packs somewhere?"​

Tatsuya Yamazaki - SHSL Street Fighter
_______________________________________________________________________________________​

After a moment spent idly rubbing his knuckles, Tatsuya lowered his arms, his gaze flitting aside to watch Rin jog up just in time to witness their little scene, with Ken lying near motionless on the ground near to the wall and the street fighter responsible for his suffering standing by without a hint of concern.

"Probably not," Tatsuya waved a hand dismissively in response to Rin's jaded inquiry. "Although Ken and I are having a great time... Bonding."

At his own derisive remark, a smirk had settled on Tatsuya's face, watching amusedly as Ken slowly picked himself off the ground in his attempt to collect himself. Although Tatsuya had been rather angry when he let that punch fly, much of his tension had subsided by now and if anything, the fact that he'd just landed a solid one on Ken was a matter of celebration for the street fighter. Ken was usually very highly evasive; he could hardly remember whether he'd been able to physically catch him out before, and if he had, those times were few. In any case, it was quite the sight to see the annoying rat so shaken by a single punch of his, albeit asked for... It was stupid, but Tatsuya almost felt good about this.

Merely huffing as Ken accounted for his teeth, Tatsuya remained quiet as the architect, despite struggling with the painful aftermath of that attack, somehow managed to edge back into that usual, irritating persona of his. An eye roll was all he received in response to the bullshit story and blatantly fake act he conjured for Rin, but when Ken had finally found his feet and made to address him, Tatsuya listened.

A deal... It was true. Setting aside the heat of the moment, they now had a deal from which Tatsuya, as a matter of self-respect, would not withdraw. Now that he had calmed a fair bit, he had to wonder as to whether this was all worth it. It seemed, aside from some sacrificing some portion of his time daily to spend with a bloke he really did not appreciate so much, he had lost nothing. But what had he gained? The feelings evoked by that punch and the current state of Ken's face were wonderful and all, but he couldn't help but feel as though this was ultimately an act of pity on his part. To have seen Ken in that pathetic state, asking genuine help of him in exchange for something so meager... There was something contrite about it, and Tatsuya had to wonder if this was a weakness of his, to have at least some regard for the well-being and dignity of others when they chose to invest their hope into him of all people. After all, Tatsuya was by no means a compassionate person... and yet he was not a heartless one either. Was that a good thing or a bad thing? It was truly hard to say... even if reason dictated there was no point in reaching out to others at all.

"...Alright," was all Tatsuya responded with as Ken set out the conditions to their little agreement. Honestly, he wasn't one to fuss over these minor things and a session every morning was no trouble for him in a situation where there were fewer productive ways to spend his time. It did concern him slightly that he had never taught a person to fight before, but how hard could it be? He had been a pupil once too, and he remembered rather well how it was that he'd been taught... Sure, his training was a lot more rigorous than anything they'd attempt here, but he'd be teaching Ken the basics of self-defense at the most. It should be fine. With someone like Ken as his trainee, however...

"As long as you don't fuck around with me, I'm not going to attempt anything." He clarified flatly, his hands finding the pockets of his slacks. "Keep in line and so will I. That's all."

Shrugging indifferently when Ken faltered as a result of whatever pain he was experiencing (several times actually... it was quite entertaining seeing him interrupt his own annoying comments with the occasional wince and all), Tatsuya watched as Ken left the room on a semi-morose note; Tatsuya wasn't exactly intending on becoming the next 'blackened', but at least Ken was open to the idea of his death being used to their betterment...

That, or he had a bone to pick with Masuyo and would prefer the thief to suffer if it was the last thing he did.

"Hah." Glancing aside at Rin once Ken had left the premises altogether, Tatsuya lifted his chin in a mild sneer. "If he's got enough energy to spend being a prick, he probably has it in him to survive the night as well... Disappointing for the both of us, I know."

Drawling this, the street fighter turned in vector of the gym's storage room, pointing that way in indication of where he was heading.

"I'm going to check this place out a little longer before I head back to the dorms. I'll see you tomorrow, I guess."

After Tatsuya had excused himself from Rin with a curt wave, he'd done exactly that, exploring the most of the gym and examining the wide array of equipment the facility offered before he felt satisfied enough to return to his room, the events of that evening's trial a mere shadow upon his mind in anticipation of tomorrow's events.....

And when the morning did come, it really wasn't any special as opposed to any other. Roused by the usual eight AM morning announcement, Tatsuya picked himself up from his bed, and with a relatively blank disposition, had himself a shower, got dressed, grabbed his tablet and headed to the dining hall to sate a hunger he'd ignored for too long. He really felt no where near as tense as the other captives appeared to be (stalking into the cafeteria only to be greeted with a rather mopey bunch was quite the pitiful sight), but the street fighter let none of this faze him in being concerned solely with settling his gut at the moment. The enticing smell of omelet (and was that grilled salmon? delicious...) drew Tatsuya to the kitchen, where he went snooping about the various pots and such to investigate the dishes made. It smelled really good and he felt his stomach grumble desirously in anticipation of a hefty serving of the stuff... but as tempting as it was to partake of the meals his fellow graduates had prepared, Tatsuya found himself hesitating. It was hard for him to trust that any one dish had not been poisoned or drugged or something such. It would be a stupid risk on the part of those preparing the food, but if the food was spiked by someone else, how efficient would it be to blame it on the SHSL Chef or those assisting her? Tatsuya would take no chances in this regard... so as badly as he craved a meal of the sort, the street fighter ultimately chose forbearance for himself.

Slowly replacing the lid on the pot of miso soup he'd found (it felt like a sin not to have at least a taste of that heavenly broth, but the street fighter knew better), Tatsuya wandered over to the pantry in search of something that came in a packet, something he could be more certain of composition-wise, or something fresh and simple like fruit. A loaf of bread might do, he considered in his idle search, and although it'd be no where near as tasty as the breakfast the SHSL Chef had prepared, at least it would suffice.

Lelei Vivecca ~ SHSL Pharmacist

Lelei cleaned up the glass carefully and disposed of it in the trash can by the entrance to the medical room. She decided to sweep up the smaller pieces and wiped it down after, didn't want it causing more accidents. After that, the meds began to kick in and the stress and adrenaline of the recent events began to wear off leaving her feeling woozy and exhausted. However as she walked up to the door she found herself unable to cross the threshold into the hallway. It was like her body just froze, refusing to listen to her as she willed it to go forward. She just couldn't do it, she couldn't go back down that way and back to her room. Her room.....it wasn't really, her room was it? Just a generic room with her name plastered on it, she hated it.

With that in mind Lelei retreated into the medical room, deciding to rest in one of the furthest away beds, this place was more much more like her usual place of slumber after all. She was used to working late nights on different chemistry projects and furthering her knowledge, her doctor title along her talent didn't come without serious responsibilities. Once she laid down, pulling the thin clinical sheets over her body she tried shutting her eyes and falling asleep which sadly proved more difficult than expected. Eventually what did help was a triple dose of a sleeping pill she had found in one of the drawers. If things were going to be this stressful the whole time they were here she would have to make sure to ration these, it wasn't clear if things in the medical room would be restocked or not.

-----​

When the morning announcement echoed through the halls she was still fast asleep, face down on the pillow with one leg hanging off the bed and a scrunched up empty packet of pills in hand. What finally did it was the sound of rustling and cupboards shutting and creaking open. She groaned, lifting her head up from the pillow, just barely, her eyes blinking hard while they tried to adjust to the light in the room. Honestly she had no idea what time it was or what day really. Feeling rather disorientated Lelei slowly pushed herself up into a sitting position, her hair sticking up all over the place. She wiped off the small trickle of drool from her lips with the sleeve of her lab coat then rubbed her eyes, strangely unaware of anyone's presence in the room still.

It wasn't till she stood up, giving off a big yawn and stretching her arms out in front of her that she finally looked around her surroundings. Almost startled seeing someone at the other end of the room though it seemed they did not notice her either. She quickly recognised them, it was hard not to with such distinct clothing. Lelei had, of course, seen Char around the place here and back when they were both at Hope Peak's academy but they weren't in the same year so she had never talked to her before.

Quickly brushing her hands through her hair to try and make it somewhat presentable, she began to approach the girl, her eyes taking in the frilly bright dress she wore. "A....Are you needing help finding something?" She asked, hiccuping a little at first. Lelei was never good at talking to people, even more so right after waking up. Brushing down and straightening out her clothing as she stopped a few feet away from Char, looking to her again. "Is everything alright?" It definitely seemed she was in a rush, maybe she was in pain? Either way, Lelei knew this room like the back of her hand by now.

@Daz

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Daz
"Thank you, Violet, I would love to," Thalia smiled, then took a look at all the prepared foods. "Did Chikako make all of this?," she asked, pointing at all the foods. Dear God, this smells good, the actress thought, the sheer scent of the prepared foods making her hungry. ...The fact that she hadn't eaten at all yesterday might have something to do with that too, actually. Taking a bit of everything, she sat down to Violet's right and started eating, "Oh, wow, this is good!," she couldn't help but exclaim. "No wonder they call Chikako the Ultimate Chef...".
Somewhere during the middle of this, Char entered the dining room too, but unlike the others she didn't stick around, apparently having something more important to do. Thalia simply greeted the girl as she came and went. After that, the actress fell silent yet again and focused on her food, if only because it provided a very welcome distraction from yesterday's events.
The silence felt heavy, dreary even. But what was there to talk about? Asking of Violet felt was a needless question; more than likely, they all felt the same, namely horrible. 'What have you been doing?' Well, freaking out about a friend and colleague being murdered of course, followed by a second one being horribly slaughtered. 'What do you want to do'? Escape from this place. All the questions she could ask had responses so obvious, there was no point in even asking them. And so, Thalia continued her meal in silence for a while.

When she eventually spoke up, her voice was soft yet steady, her emotions kept in check. "I... want to do something, write something to remember Alex and Arsen by. As much as our wicked captor is intent on erasing yesterday's events, I cannot just move on as if they never were among us. But... I don't really want to do it by myself either. I don't know, it feels wrong to do it on my own. Would you like to join me?"

@Rithas

Logan kinda hobbled into the dining room, looking quite disheveled. He walked in and sat down. His hair was a mess, bags under his eyes, and it looked like he was wearing the same clothes from yesterday, had he even taken a shower? He looked at the food on the table and passed on it. He just kinda sat there, looking up at the ceiling fan spinning.

What the bear had said had really hit him hard and was... upset.. to say the least. He hadn't even mumbled so much as a 'morning' to anyone in the room. He rubbed his eyes and let out a breath. He quietly took in the conversations around him, bothered by the idea that none of them seemed as distraught as he was about this revelation about their loved ones, in fact it seemed as if they were trying to accept it, something Logan was finding quite difficult

Ken Tanaka
His room > medical room​

A loud groan of pain left Ken as his eyes slowly opened. Raising his hand up he brought it to his cheek and winced at the pain despite how delicate his touch was. "Fuck....I really did let that happen? It wasn't some twisted dream Monokuma implanted in me? .........Yup that-that pain is real alright" He muttered under his breath as he pushed off the bed. "Why didn't I get this cleaned?" He muttered to himself as he covered his cheek with his hand (though careful not to directly touched the wound). Still half asleep he walked over to the bathroom and looked in the mirror, upon seeing the wound he let out a steady stream of curses. It was anything but pretty, the skin around the cut turned to a nasty yellow, dried blood was latched onto his face and the cut itself didn't look all that nice with bits of it scabbed over, though due to him moving in his sleep not all of it did. "Note to self, if I ever get desperate again, just choke the bastard with my knife out and take it back. Then again I don't know how to...actually........um...choke someone..... Okay! New plan~ Annoy the bastard with my knife, till they finally give it back to me. Hopefully by kindly placing it in my hand rather than stab me with it~ Or something, anything other than letting Tatsuya get another free hit on me, gods it hurts so much! ...........Not that I'll ever let him know that shit."

Trying to ignore the pain in his cheek Ken went and got some fresh clothes, just as the morning announcement came on. Doing quick work, he washed himself off got dressed and got ready for the day. His first idea was to go straight into the kitchen and get some food, but then a sudden searing feeling happened in his cheek again which made him think otherwise. "... No point in playing tough if its only going to end in more pain. Should have gotten this cleaned last night." With a heavy sigh at the fact he had to wait longer before he could fill his stomach, he moved over to Loki. Getting her to step up on his finger he then placed her on his shoulder (the side away from his busted cheek, Loki had the habit of picking at scabs, something Ken didn't want to deal with right now).

Grabbing his back and placing it over his shoulder he then walked out of his room at a quick pace. His hand still carefully cupping his cheek as he walked. It only took a few minutes, but soon enough he entered the medical room, and upon doing so he blinked when he saw two people already there. "I figured I could get in and out before anyone saw me....guess I'm not that lucky." He said with a hum as he moved over to the cabinets. "While you two hunt for whatever it is you are looking for just ignore me. I don't have any injury what so ever~" He hummed in a playful tone as he started to look around. "Hey, where is the cleaning alchohal or whatever you use for cuts? Not that I have one of course~" Ken said with a snicker as he smirked at Lelei. After he did so he glanced at the other person in the room and once more a snicker left him. "Char, do tell, did you get injured putting on your dress, or are you looking for things~?" Ken asked with a grin. "Or to be more exact, ingredients needed to let others see your ever so beautiful talent~?"
@MisterJ @Daz

• Love
Reactions: Daz and Galaxi
Momouru Rieki - Dissonant values

After getting ready for the day, but before leaving for breakfast, Momouru took another look at the whiteboard he had dragged to his room a while ago and the lists of names that were on it. More people were going to die, that much Momouru was certain of. There was no way in which he could bring a stop to that, not now that the killing had actually started. Which meant he would just have to focus on cutting his losses; try to ensure that the people most valuable to the Future Foundation had the highest chance of survival. The next problem, of course, was figuring out who fit where, which was what he ended up doing most of last night (it wasn't like he could sleep anyway, might as well do something useful). Haruka definitely fit on the 'very valuable' row; she was smart, honourable and effective in her actions, exactly what they would need to defeat Despair. Violet and Thalia were nice and all that, but they were too fragile flowers to have a high chance of survival anyway, so they ended up lower on the list. Chikako... Well, they could always find a new cook. Masuyo was useful in the sense that having someone with good stealth skills was always welcome, and Tatsuya was a very powerful fighter. Similarly, all other people were divided in different rows of 'value', depending on what they could actually do. As for his own name, Momouru had left that one off the board on purpose.

Now, the next problem... Getting someone else to look at all this without having them reject the whole thing. It needed to be someone both sane enough to realize that something had to be done, yet not so overly moral that they would refuse something like this. Sadly, that didn't really leave a whole lot of people. In fact, he couldn't really think of anyone at the moment. ...Well, that was just a thing he would have to think of in time. Shrugging, Momouru left his room, then headed over to the dining room to get some food. After that, he started to pace around the hallways in an attempt to clear his head.

Reactions: Daz and Galaxi
Chikako Kimura, SHSL Chef, 13th Division
Chikako had almost forgotten how this felt. The bliss of having a small kingdom to herself, countertops and all. Her own domain that no one dared to cross. The power of being able to create something that… well, that people loved. But it was strange, so strange to be the only one in the kitchen now. It was kind of nice, though. She narrowed her eyebrows in concentration as she cracked another few eggs into the pan for good measure. "There, that should be enough for everyone now." She tossed the eggs into the trash can and wiped her hands on her apron. "Tamagoyaaaki~" she sang as she twirled once to grab a bowl from a cabinet. At the very least she could do silly stuff like this and not get any looks like people used to give her when she was still in cooking competitions.

Yeah. She barely remembered what that felt like, cooking for sport. She used to love it, though. The thrill of being able to know exactly what to do and how to do it in a way that shocked and delighted everyone else. Such a long time ago. So many of her… competitors? opponents? In either case, they had been angry at her, or jealous, or something, and she didn't get it at first. What she did get was cooking by herself. Knowing everything she was going to do, even if she didn't do it in the same way most people did. Of course, she'd had to stop when she had to focus more seriously on school. Which she didn't mind at all, really. It was a nice change of pace, and there was always something new to learn.

People she didn't understand as much. Like the people who got angry at her before when she was still competing, or her mother when she left. The killing games still didn't really make sense to her either. The entirety of the Tragedy seemed senseless, but she figured that was the point, right? At the very least she could do what she loved and still make people happy, and for that she counted herself lucky. In a way, the Tragedy had made things easier for her, at least. Well. In some ways. There had been… incidents. But on the whole, she didn't mind. Learning to cook with others, and learning to adapt how she cooked… and making people happy. That was nice and simple.

That was why it just felt like so many sorts of wrong to be cooking by herself now. It almost felt like the Tragedy hadn't happened and she was back to cooking alone, and she didn't like that. It reminded her of lots of painful things. She tucked a few strands of hair into her hairnet before going over to the knife drawer and counting again. Seventeen. Yes, this was still the Tragedy, and she was trapped here with sixteen others. She sighed and slid the last grilled salmon onto a plate before drizzling olive oil on top. Fresh lemon zest grated on top, a few sprigs of parsley to complete the dish. She scooped a bowl of miso soup for herself, tossed her hairnet in the trash, and hung up her apron on a nearby hook before gathering her breakfast plates and going to sit by Violet and Thalia. "And… utensils. Right." She went back to retrieve those and pouted when she saw… uh… well, he wasn't eating her food. Nevertheless, she sat back down with a maybe-forced grin on her face and started to tuck into her food. Tasty. So tasty. She moaned playfully a tiny bit.

Reactions: Vitreus and Galaxi