• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Lelei Vivecca ~ SHSL Pharmacist

She nodded, putting the IV bag back into the drawer. "Well, don't forget to drink a lot of water... Stress can make it worse too." She said as she began looking through the medicine cabinets. "I had taken some bandages a few days ago....but I marked it off on the sheet. Apart from that...." She paused, trying to think back over the past days, she had spent a large amount of time in the medical room, just organising it and then reorganising it. Of course it was likely she just wasn't around when someone took those supplies but it'd make no sense for them not to mark it down and be open about it.

"I don't recall anyone needing anything like that recently." She spoke again, her gaze shifting towards a particular bottle. Compared to the other liquids that had been intact this one was missing some of its contents. She scrunched up her nose, taking it out of the cabinet and turning towards Ken. "Erm....any idea why someone would have taken a sedative.....especially one this strong?" she asked, biting down on her lip as she placed the bottle down and grabbed a pair of latex gloves.

Once she put those one she walked over to the trash can, grabbing it and tipping it out onto one of the medical beds. If someone was in here last night then there could be proof of that in the trash, bloody tissues or anything of the sort. While she looked through that she hummed softly. "Hey....given that we are looking for a....well..murderer. If it was them that took the gauze and band-aids...." she spoke softly, as if unsure of herself. "In such a case...do you think it would be inappropriate to erm....check everyone for wounds?" it definitely wasn't something she would normally suggest, Lelei herself was a rather private person but this wasn't a normal situation. If they didn't figure this out another innocent person would die. They had to be thorough.

@SolemnOath

Logan Vickson-SHSL Card Teller
Logan nodded a bit and let out a bit of a laugh, "Thanks, i guess, usually when i tell people about stuff like that they think i'm crazy or something. However, i don't see it that way, those cards are a part of who i am as a person, hell my whole talent revolves around them..." He shrugged a bit and continued looking. He peered down into the garbage and saw the syringe. He leaned down and picked it up, slowly pulling it out "I don't think this is really standard kitchen supplies, plus a knife is missing now" Logan turned the syringe over in his hand for a moment before e put the syringe on the counter and looked back over at Alex.

Logan thought about it for a bit before speaking again "The killer must have used the syringe to inject Arsen with something, however it must not have been deadly since he probably used the knife to kill him off. I'm sure that Arsen was unconcious when he was brought to that room, it probably explains why there wasn't much of a struggle and the killer didn't like a trail of blood on his clothes or something..."
@SolemnOath

Alex Riley
When the syringe was shown, Alex merely tilted his head in question. "Interesting find." He said as he approached and looked over the item, not actually touching it. As he did so he also listened to Logan. "It may be best not to be so certain of things just yet hm? The killer could have used a deadly poison but relished in the act of stabbing the victim as well. The poison could be a failsafe? Just incase the victim got away?" He offered as he thought about it. "I think it would be best to question and debate rather than be certain, at least not until we have all the puzzle pieces yes? And you said a missing knife, I take it you are referring to the one that has been missing for several days now?" He asked as he looked over at the other in question.
@The Tragedy

Ken Tanaka
"A powerful sedative?" Ken repeated as he looked over at what she placed down. Picking it up he inspected it. "Hehe, well maybe someone got it to use against Titsuya, he's a vicious guy if you know what buttons push~" he hummed before placing the bottle down. "That, or the person could be a druggy? Likes drugs that knock them right out? Heavily unlikely though, there are other things in here that would get someone's fix better. Another option could be that the person used it as a very strong sleeping drug for themselves, which could make sense ya know? These past few nights haven't been the easiest. Hooooowever, I think, there is a good chance it could have been used on Arsen. Though I am just spit balling here, pretty cruel though. First the killer knocked Arsen out then stabbed him so many times even though the guy couldn't fight back?" Sighing Ken shrugged a bit. "Speculation all in all."

Placing the bottle down and moving over to the trash he also started to look at it, though didn't bother to touch anything. "Hm? I think that's reasonable enough, but we should wait for the trial to do that. At least that way everyone is in one place. Best to spend out time finding evidence that cant be found in the trial ya know? So, unless someone is a master at hiding injuries, we can wait till then." Ken offered as he looked at the door before walking over to it.

"Speaking of looking for things, if you don't find anything in the trash want to go to my room real quick? I need to get my jacket, and Loki. After I have those things, I can help look around in other places." He said before looking over at Lelei once again. "One more thing, yes yes I know I talk a lot, don't worry you'll learn to drown it out or just fall head over heels for my voice~" He said with a light laugh. "Could you check to see where everyone is right now? If we know where they are, we can figure were to look next, I don't really think theres much point for everyone to search the same room, at least not right now. Maybe if we have spare time, and we don't have enough evidence to figure out who the killer is."
@MisterJ

Reactions: Galaxi
Haruka Yukimura, SHSL Special Tactics Law Enforcement Unit, 6th Division
After thoroughly searching Arsen's carcass, Haruka took a moment to make a mental note of the crime scene.

'It looks like the victim tried to defend against the attacker, probably by shielding himself with his hands, which would explain the slashes arcoss both of his arms. Maybe at one point he even tried to take the bladed weapon from the culprit with his left hand, but judging by the deep slash on the palm, it didn't end well. Furthermore, judging by the numerous stab wounds spread across his torso leads me to believe that the victim was still conscious at the time, otherwise the culprit could've simply stabbed him in the neck to save time; however, it's also very plausible that the culprit hadn't considered said possibility in the heat of the moment. In any case, I would need more evidence to draw any solid conclusions.'

After that, Haruka took the room key from Arsen's pocket. I believe I should pay a visit to the victim's room. Maybe I can find a lead about how he ended up in the Torture Room there.'

Having decided her next course of action, Haruka stood up and took a step away from the body, and after making sure that she hadn't missed anything she headed outside, en route to Arsen's room.

Masuyo Hayabusa, SHSL Thief, 5th Division
"Yeaaah, it would be pretty hard to stab someone with a whip anyway..." Grifter muttered as he placed the instrument down. "In fact, I would even dare to say that all this stuff has been gathering dust for quite a while now and has nothing to do with the murder at all!"

When Haruka left the room, Masuyo turned to Hiro, who was slowly dozing off in the corner of the room. "Anyway, Hiroshima, you can take the lead from here. Meanwhile, I'm gonna take a look in the laundry room, since apparently there's already some people hanging around in the kitchen. See ya later, and remember to scream if the body suddenly tries to eat your brains out!" In dire situations, Grifter always tried to hide his concern behind a mask of casual indifference, and that moment wasn't an exception. In reality, the idea of there being a killer hiding among them, and what's worse, that it was one of his former colleagues-at-work, deeply disturbed him, and he didn't even want to think what would happen if he were to be in Arsen's shoes.

After giving a lazy military salute to Hiro, Grifter headed to the Laundry Room.
@Rithas

Last edited:
@MisterJ , @SolemnOath

A small piece of cotton wad could be found in the trash can, tainted a very dark brown color from dried blood. Judging by the small size, the injury that was the source of the blood likely wasn't that serious though. Aside from that, nothing else could be found in the trash can that seemed to be of any interest whatsoever.

----------
@Aravhorn

As soon as Masuya entered the laundry room, the heavy scent of bleach wafted up to him. It wouldn't take him long to find the source; one of the washers had an anthracite jacket in it, the sleeves, collar and bottom of which were covered in some fur-like material of a lighter gray. Where previously the main fabric was only one colour, now there were white splotches all over it. Strangely enough, a cufflink was also found in the same laundry machine, which didn't look like it could came anywhere from the jacket in the washer...

------------
@Aravhorn

Arsen's room was not disturbed at all. Were it not for the fact that his body was just a few rooms away, you would almost expect that he could return at any given moment. There were no signs of a struggle anywhere, let alone traces of blood. What was there, however, was a crumpled piece of paper in the trash can. Unfolding it would reveal it to be a handwritten note adressed to Arsen.

Mr. Maverick. A secret room has been discovered beyond the storage room. Would you please join me there in about half an hour? I believe there might be something of interest there for you.

There was no signature or name below the message.

Last edited:
Logan Vickson-SHSL Card Teller
"Yeah, i suppose you're right, it was just an idea to send out there..." Logan shook his head and looked towards Alex "No, now there's a second one missing..." He looked down at the list and shrugged a bit and rubbed his chin "Which means the killer might not be the same as the one who still the knife the other day..." Logan offered, looking over at Alex.

Logan tried to connect this in his head, the killer most certainly had at least ONE of the knives but this other missing knife proved as much as the killer and the thief were not the same person.

@SolemnOath

Last edited by a moderator:
After inspecting the trash she sighed, listening to Ken. She put everything away back into the bin again apart from the small cotton ball tainted with blood. She picked it up, holding it in her gloved hand. It was good to keep in mind what they found but it's not like the thing would speak to her, she had no way of knowing who the blood belonged to. She tossed it back into the trash and walked over to the desk, her eyes moving to the bottle again. She frowned a little, putting the bottle back in its place, this time facing the right way. Taking extra care to make sure it was lined up with the others. "I really hope no one would use that as a sleeping drug....I'm not even sure why something like this would be here..." She sighed, closing the cabinet. "Damn bear...." Lelei huffed.

"Yeah.. that makes sense... I was just.... throwing out ideas..." she muttered, taking off the latex gloves and discarding them into the bin as well before walking towards him. When he made the request she just nodded slightly, her hands disappearing into her lab coat to look for her tablet. "Loki?...." she questioned, her gaze moving to the bright screen of her tablet, checking the map. She didn't recall anyone here with that name so it confused her a little. Her eyes scanned over the screen.

"Well, there's people in the kitchen so I guess that has been taken care of... and erm, Arsen's room....and the laundry room." She listed off the rooms she saw the little dots in, indicating someone's presence there. She didn't really pay attention to the names there though. "The storage room...and...err...." She paused, taking a deep breath. The torture room, she didn't want to think about it, the image of the lifeless body laying there, in a pool of its own blood. It rushed back to her, her grip tightening on her tablet as she froze momentarily. "You know... I guess those are all being taken care of." She finally finished, shaking her head as she walked past him and into the hallway.

She headed towards the rooms, stopping at the corner when she realised she didn't really know where his room was, looking back towards Ken and waiting for him to lead the way.

@SolemnOath

Alex Riley

"Two of those thuggish knives are missing?" Alex asked with a raised brow before going over to the drawer to check for himself. Opening it up he looked at the contents and sure enough, there were now only sixteen rather than the pervious seventeen. He was silent for a moment before letting out a light sigh of frustration. "This is going to be annoying." He said as he stood there. "I wonder who took it, the same person? And they wanted to have more knives for protection? When was it taken? " He muttered before shaking his head as he looked over at Logan. "Hopefully we'll figure out all our answers in the trial hm?" Taking his left hand out of his pocket, he reached into his coat to pull out the tablet.

Walking over to the counter he placed it there before turning it on and looking at the contents. "Seems a lot of the areas are being searched. The torture room, storage, Arsen's room, medical, and seems the laundry room as well." Looking away from the tablet he looked at a near by clock. "We are beginning to run out of time, lets hope they find something of use." He said before looking at Logan. "Do you want to go to one of the others and help them search? Or should we try some random room and see if there is some evidence there to help us?"
@The Tragedy

Ken Tanaka

"This way my dear white mage~" Ken hummed before letting out a light chuckle as he walked out of the medical room before heading towards his room. "As for your earlier question about Loki, I could see you were really confused. Don't worry, you haven't upped and forgotten about the existence of one of us. She is my pet bird, a black cap conure. Vicious but precious little thing~Word of warning, don't let the eyes fool you, if she doesn't know you and you get to close, she will happily bite off your finger~" He said with a light chuckle as he shook her head. "Really she's a sweet bird, who knows what she likes and hates. Also! Before you ask, no I'm not some crazy bird man, I just really happen to like this certain bird~"

After a bit of walking they arrived at his room. Reaching into his pants he grabbed his key and opened the door. "Now to get her, and something to cover up with. After I get my stuff we can go look elsewhere." He said as he entered his room. "You can come on in, don't worry, she wont attack you....probably? Maybe? Meh, I cant promise now that I think about it~"
@MisterJ

As soon as the duo entered the room, Ken's bird flew over to them and perched herself on Ken's shoulder, rubbing her head against her friend's. If Ken would look over, he would see a darkened stain on the tip of Loki's beak...

If the duo were to search Ken's room, they would find that the trash can was completely filled with dozens of crumpled notes. Although most of them were unfinished and some of them only contained a few words or even just the name of the adressee, the ones that were at least mostly finished all said roughly the same thing; they all asked Arsen to come to the Storage Room or the hidden room beyond it, albeit in various different wordings, ranging from casual to quite formal.

"Yo, Arsie~ *pen scratches*"
"Hey, Arsen. I found something cool~. Come join me at the Storage Room,will ya?"
"Arsen. Can you come to the Storage Room? Turns out there's *pen scratches*"
"Mr. Arsen. Can you... *pen scratches*"
"Sir Maverick. *pen scratches*"
"Mr. Maverick. A secret room has been found beyond the storage room. I have reason to believe the contents of which are of use to you. If you are interested, please come join me at the Storage Room. "

Aside from that, nothing of interest count be found in Ken's room.

@SolemnOath @MisterJ

• Useful
Reactions: Galaxi and Vitreus
SHSL-Card Teller Logan Vickson
Logan rubbed his chin, thinking about it for a bit and then looked back at Alex "I'm not sure.. honestly i'm not even one hundred percent sure the first knife was taken by the same person who took the second, why would they need two?"He looked forward, there was not really anything else to look for the in kitchen so they might as well have continued to a different one. "Sure, but where would be a good place to search? We still haven't foudn the murder weapon and it's not in here either.." He shrugged a bit and walked over to the door "What would be a good place to look.." He asked more to himself than anyone else. "Have they taken a better look at Arsen's body yet?.. i'd like to see if we could figure out what he was injected with.."
@SolemnOath

She listened to him talk about the bird. It was odd, she never notice there to be a bird around here then again she didn't really pay that much attention to notice. Other things weight heavy on her mind after all that were more important than spotting a bird. She wasn't exactly a fan of the things but she didn't mind them either. However the way he described the bird made her paused at the doorway, frowning a little. "Ahh...well, so far I don't have a record of bird related injuries and I think I'd prefer to keep it that way." She joked, leaning against the doorway and just looking into the room.

She opened her mouth to speak, wondering where would be a good place to search next but she stopped, something caught her eye. The trash can by the door, she looked to it to see an abundance of crumpled up paper right on top. Now normally Lelei wasn't someone to dig through trash or invade someones privacy but the note laying at the top, well a certain name stuck out at her from it. Arsen. She bent over and plucked the note from the top of the pile unfolding it fully, then another, then the next. She felt her body starting to tremble a little as she looked to Ken with wide eyes. She stepped back, clutching the notes in her hand. No matter how you'd look at this it was suspicious. Extremely suspicious.

It dawned on her then, something she had been trying not to think about, something she was doing her best all day to keep away. Arsen was dead, that meant one of them, one of the people in here was a murderer. That was a fact she had been avoiding all day while trying to keep herself busy. Someone amongst them committed this crime, that meant no one could be trusted. Her gaze shifted down to the notes in her hand then back up to Ken. Had she just spent the day with the criminal? Could it be that the murderer was with her the whole time? The thought made her sick to her stomach. She took another few steps back, finding herself in the hallway again. Finally she plucked up the courage to speak, finding it difficult to make any sound really.

"K......Ken....w-what is....." She stuttered, looking up at him again. "This?" Lelei asked, clearly meaning the few notes she was holding in her hands.

@SolemnOath

*Ding dong, bing bong...*
"There's a time for everything. A time to live, and a time to die. A time to love, and a time to hate. A time to despair, and a ... Actually, there's no time to hope. There is, however, a time to do Class Trials, and that time is now! Get your bastard asses moving towards the red door, then enter the elevator beyond it! Upupupupu...."

As soon as the last student entered the elevator, the doors closed behind them. Moments later, they felt the elevator carry them up. Up, up, up...Up towards the Trial Room. During the ride, the students had time to collect their thoughts. Yet there was one thought that none of them could ignore. One of them was a murderer. One of them would not be joining them for the ride back. Would these two become one? Or would another innocent die today? Only time would tell...

Last edited:
Alex Riley

"True, someone else could have taken it. Its not like this place is on heavy lockdown by us." Alex said simply as he returned his tablet to the inside of his coat. At the question of where they should look next Alex was quiet for a moment as he thought about it. "We cou-" Before he could finish his sentence however the class bell rang, signaling it was time for the trial. "It seems that bear things our investigation is finished with. I hope everyone found the evidence needed." He stated before taking a deep breath and slowly exhaling. "Well then Mr. Vickson, it seems out next destination has been made clear to us. Lets head there before Monokuma chooses to have another body drop." After saying this he gave the other a small nod before turning on his heel. With that he left the kitchen and headed to the class trial room.
@The Tragedy

Ken Tanaka
"Morning beautiful about time you woke up." Ken said with a light hum as he reached up to softly pet Loki's head. Upon doing so he noticed something on her beak which made him raise a brow. "Don't tell me you got in the paint or destroyed another one of my pens?" Taking a closer looking, he couldn't place his finger on the color that was on her beak. "What on earth did you get into?" He asked her but before he could figure out anything concreate his attention was taken by Lelei. "Why are you in the hall?" He asked with a raised brow rather curious as to her sudden movement away toppled with the fact she was now a stuttering mess. When he saw the pieces of paper (merely seeing the paper and not its contents) in her hand he let out a light sigh as he put his hands in his pants pocket. "Did you take them from the trash? Never saw you as some trash digger~Or were you hoping for some gold or something?"

Letting out a light laugh he went to the dresser and pushed a few things around. "Those are just failures ya know? I may have talent but I'm not a hundred percent all the time, especially in high pressured situation." He said with a hum before letting out a light groan and cursing. Reaching in he snatched on of his jackets. Moving his hand to Loki, he got her to step up, and then placed her in one of his jacket's pocket. After doing so he placed said jacket on before he headed to the door. "I get it they are bad, but no need for the heart attack, its not that surprising is it?" After saying this he looked up at the near by screen as the trial announcement went off.

"That time already?" Taking in a small breath he looked over at Lelei. "I guess we should get going ya? This is going to be a agony.." He muttered under his breath before turning away from Lelei as he also headed to the trial room.
@MisterJ

Compared to the sheer tension they felt on the elevator ride towards the Trial Room, their ride away from it felt like it was over much sooner. And yet, they all knew that this would not be the last time they would ride this elevator.
When the elevator doors opened once more, the first thing they saw that the blood trail in the hallway had ben cleaned up. The Storage room had also been put back in order, the mess of boxes having been restored to their . As for Arseon's body itself, it was nowhere to be found, nor was there even the slightest trace left of the blood pool that had been there before the trial. It was almost as if nothing ever happened. ...Almost, for there was still a few reminder of what had happened last night. Two empty spots in the ride back down the elevator. Two crossed out entries on their PDAs. And finally, two greyed out pictures on the perished student's doors...

General area:
Strangely, the gate to the next floor hadn't been lifted yet, even though Monokuma had said a new area had been unlocked. Even more strangely, the door that had previously led to the part of the school that held the electronics workshop, math classroom, planetarium and certain other rooms now led to a completely different area. Even the layout of the walls didn't match anymore, let alone the contents of the rooms. Aside from a handful of standard classrooms, there were also multiple new rooms that were a lot more interesting.

The Library:
One of the doors leads to a library, and a large one at that. Novels of all genres, documentary books, picture books about nature, science works, even a few CYOA books; in short, the library held just about any book you could think of. There was also a computer to search for books and read E-books if one were so inclined, but (for obvious reasons) it had no internet connection, nor any other network capability for that matter. Several tables could be found in the center of the room, and there were a few desks set against one of the far wallsfor those who wanted to read in piece and quiet, complete with headphones and wall compartments to cut off any unwanted stimulants.
A fairy tale book could be found on one of the tables. If someone would open it, they would find that all of the works had the villain replaced by Monokuma, and all of them had the last chapters cut, right at the point where the good side seemed to be defeated...

Swimming pool:

The only way to reach the pool was to go through the locker rooms, which as one might expect were split for males and females.
Beyond the locker rooms lied the pool proper, the size and depth of which raised some serious questions of how such a thing could exist inside a school. Ignoring those questions, the pool was very well kept and filled with crystal clear water. Multiple easily removable ropes with floaters divided the pool into lanes for swimming contests, with equally easily removable starting blocks on both ends of the pool. As a result, the pool could both be used for competitive and recreational swimming, although it was clearly intended for the former.

Gym:
Like most of the other rooms, this one was similar to any other gym found in any other school, except this place had a WAY larger budget. A climbing rock wall was set against the back wall, along with a door leading to a large storage room holding all sorts of gym tools, ranging from balls for any and all indoor sports. Ropes were hanging from the ceiling, and the floor had lines on it for just about any sport one could imagine.

The Lab:
Unlike the other rooms in the school, the lab doesn't look very school-like at all. There's heavy high-tech equipment of various uses, and the shelves on the walls are filled all sorts from items. One closet was filled with various chemicals, locked behind a ridiculously large steel padlock with the words "No more dangerous chemicals for you, little brats! ~ Monokuma". Another one had dissected plant samples and frogs in jars, and even something that looks like a human brain. However, the most notable feature in the room is probably the robot maintenance bay next to one of the walls, with three Monobots standing on it. While it may be just your imagination, but it feels like the half-built Monokumas are posing, and there is a very conspicious empty space right between them...

• Useful
Ken Tanaka

Ken didn't say a word as the elevator went up, nor did he say anything when it stopped. Upon seeing the doors open he stared at them for a moment before walking out. "I need to be alone." He whispered under his breath. With that he just walked away from the group once more in relative silence, even Loki who was perched on his shoulder didn't make a single sound. After a few steps however he stopped and looked behind him at Hiro. He was tempted to ask for his knife back, however, he just wasn't in the mood to argue with the other. So, instead he choose to ask for it back another time, namely when he wasn't off his game.

He walked away from everyone and just let his feet carry him about with no real goal in mind. His head was once again hurting, and his stomach was now empty thanks to not only skipping breakfast but also due to the facts he had emptied it in that popcorn bag. Bringing a hand up to his hair he brushed it back as he kept walking. "Come on me....the guy framed you, its like Tatsuya said, theres no reason to fill pity or sympathy. He killed, he tried to frame me, all because of Monokuma's motive." He whispered softly to himself. "Still......" Reaching up and lightly grabbing his shirt, right over his heart he let out a sigh. "Seeing that execution....... He didn't deserve something so cruel."

After a bit of walking, and after passing by a door he stopped, and looked up at his surroundings. "A gym?" He mumbled as he looked around. "Sure Tatsu would enjoy this place. Come one Ken snap out of it, you just called him Tatsu." Taking a deep breath and exhaling he shook his head. "Tits would enjoy this place~And plenty of room for me to run away from him, for the most part~" He said with a bright smile, one that faltered merely seconds afterwards. "....I guess my heart isn't into it right now." With that he started to look around. "Where exactly is this place though?" Reaching into his jacket he went to pull out his tablet... "Right, stolen and destroyed." Placing both hands in his pocket he looked over at a near by camera.

"Hey, Monokuma, you cleaned up the mess to hide the existence of the first murder ya? So when am I going to get my tablet back? Also, I have a question for you." Ken said before looking away from the camera. Bringing his hand to his head he felt a bit light headed, there for he went ahead and sat down on the floor to see if Monokuma would come or not.
@Neobullseye

"Yeah, yeah, I hear you," a voice rang out from the camera. Moments later, Monokuma dropped in from the ceiling, landing right in front of Ken. "You need a new tablet. Well, here it is," the bear spoke as he handed Ken a new tablet. "Try not to break it this time,will ya? Do you even know how expensive these things are? So ungrateful... Here I am, trying to make your life comfortable, and you throw it in my face... ...I'll get right back to you, I have to take care of some important business first." With that, the ursine disappeared from sight. Moments later, the monitors spread around the school came to life again.

*Ding dong, bong bing*
"Ahem. This is a special announcement. And no, it's not a Body Discovery one; you guys aren't that eficient. Anyway, a new rule has been added. Starting from now, intentionally breaking a Monopad is against School Regulations. And before anyone decides to get smart, it's breaking the thing that's illegal, not having your tablet broken. I'm not going to do your shit for you, you lazy bastards."

Moments later, Monokuma returned once more. "There, that takes care of that. Now what did you want to ask?"

@SolemnOath

Thalia Melete - Act 1/2 Interlogue -- In dark of night, the soul knows no light.

"...I'm going to bed," the actress simply said as she left the elevator, not really hearing anyone's voices over the ones in her head. Those words her colleagues said at the end of the Trial just kept replaying themselves over and over, as if they were stuck in an endless loop, drowning out everything else. And as horrible as some of them were, she knew that they were true... Blind and deaf to the world, the young woman headed to her room, not even thinking to lock the door.

It wasn't your fault, Thalia. Don't beat yourself over it.
But what if it was? What if there was something she could have done about it, if only she had been more brave? Here she was, spouting her usual spiel about sacrifice, about giving up everything. Yet when it actually mattered, when she was actually in the position to act, she found herself unable to do anything. Shaking her head, Thalia took the note from her desk, crumpled it and tossed it in the trash can, covering up a metallic object. Afterwards she opened her closet and took out some nightwear, then headed over to the shower room.

Maybe if she offered herself instead...who knows?
Maybe she should've done that. If she had done so, both Arsen and Alex would still be alive. One death instead of two. One life instead of two. In both cases, the outcome would be the same; her sister would be safe, along with everyone else. The price would just be one soul less. Surely that would have been better, right? She removed her long-sleeved clothing, biting her lips as it moved across her left wrist.

It's simple Game Theory, really; there's no reason to pick option B over option A if option B will result in a higher loss.
...So then why did she pick option B? Was she really that selfish? Was she that much of a coward? Silently, she stared at the large band-aids on her arm that had been hidden under her sleeve. All it covered were some shallow cuts, nothing life-threatening. Nothing remotely serious. Nothing requiring attention. Nothing... Just nothing. Not even Monokuma had cared about it. If only she had had the guts to go through with it, then Arsen and Alex would both still be alive now. But she hadn't and now they were both dead. It was her fault, it truly was...
"I'm so sorry...," she whispered to the empty room, then put on her night dress. Saying no more, she left the shower room and lied down in her bed, hoping that she could get some rest after last night's sleepless night, knowing already that she would not get what she want.

Last edited:
Rin "Flame" Sakai, SHSL Graffiti Artist
Rin stepped off of the elevator and watched Ken take off quietly, Loki still perched on his shoulder. He sighed and tugged at the hood he still wore. He needed some time to recover, probably. Which made sense. The… results of the Class Trial had been gruesome enough, and the prospect of being drugged against one's will without knowing certainly hadn't helped. For someone to systematically trick him, and then violate his privacy… not good. The knife, his room, his consciousness, his memory, his jacket and tablet. The framing. If it hadn't been for Loki, there would've been hardly any evidence to exonerate him. Truthfully, though, he wasn't terribly worried about the architect, at least not yet. But if something happened to Loki? That would be cause for concern, to say the least. Now people knew there was Loki to contend with if they wanted to go after Ken for any reason, and all things considering, that made him safer.

… though if Alex had chosen to go after Ken instead…

Well. That was a useless train of thought, but more worrying if that was what was on his friend's mind. Rin peeked into the storage room as he walked down the hall, not sure what to expect. The sight of mostly neatly-stacked boxes and other supplies greeted him, as if the room itself had been untouched, save for the fact that the previously hidden door was still open. Walking in further, he saw that the secret room was spotless as well. There were the cells along the wall, the chains dangling from the ceiling, the items on the table. The last things Arsen would have seen. Absentmindedly he walked over to a cell and tugged at one of the bars, thinking about the suffocating despair in the elevator. The lessons that needed to be learned. Because they had to learn from this and the world was going to remember it, as painful as it was.

Flame walked back into the storage room and looked through the boxes until he found a pencil and some paper. Murals to their memories. He could do something for the Room of Joy for each of them, perhaps—something like his older sidewalk artworks for Arsen, and maybe decorate one of the cells for Alex. Or decorate their rooms if they were unlocked and he could freely access them. If not, then just the doors to their rooms. The prospect of projects to work on soothed an ache he didn't realize lay in his chest since seeing Namie's picture in his hand. He could still do his work from here, and maybe more people would see it and remember something different. Something more than just the horror.

He got to work.

Reactions: Vitreus and Galaxi
Tatsuya Yamazaki - SHSL Street Fighter
_______________________________________________________________________________________
It was incredible. If the elevator ride prior to the trial hadn't been wrought with tension enough, the elevator ride that followed Alex's execution seemed to possess a somber air that rivaled that of the former. You'd think there would be some degree of relief, that they'd successfully identified the culprit, but the horrors of the punishment they'd been forced to witness bore too much weight upon the mind, it seemed.

Tatsuya was relatively unflinching however, keeping his silence and his sharp gaze averted until they'd returned to the first floor and the gates to the elevator had opened. Initially he had planned to simply head back to his room, to mull over what had happened and possibilities that might stem from this event before setting the matter aside for good. Tatsuya never was one to linger, and given Alex's strife wasn't his own, he had no inclination to mourn his passing. Of the few issues to consider however was how the mindsets of the others may have changed. Would murder have become more acceptable in their eyes? Or did the gruesome consequences of Alex's failure render the risks taken more repulsive? The lesson to keep one's guard up was something to be mindful of for sure, but in the absence of any other concern, Tatsuya soon felt his irritation wane and his apathy set in once again.

'I'm still alive,' he reminded himself as he stepped out from the elevator, setting off towards the other end of the corridor. 'And that's all that matters, really.'

It didn't take very long for Tatsuya to notice the changes about the hallway, enough that he was drawn from his train of thought to acknowledge the absence of the blood trail. He also remembered Monokuma mentioning that they'd been allowed a new area to explore, which momentarily stopped him in his tracks. Tatsuya stood outside the door to his room for a moment, contemplating further exploration or rest, before his restlessness and curiosity urged him to have at least a basic idea of what or where this new area was before he headed to bed.

Producing his tablet, it took some navigation of the electronic map he'd been provided before he noticed the first floor seemed very... different? It was nothing like it had appeared to them before, with the planetarium and physics classroom and otherwise. How had it changed then, if the doors were the same? Even as Tatsuya left the main floor and entered in on the first floor to witness things firsthand, he found the area unfamiliar to him and this was rather unsettling, because he could swear the layout of the school looked nothing like this beforehand...

With tentative steps and certain vigilance, the street fighter moved about the different rooms, peering into the library and regarding it with relative indifference before happening upon the locker rooms and adjacent swimming pool. This piqued his interest, since Tatsuya quite enjoyed swimming from time to time, and the facility provided here was incredible to say the least. Promising to himself that he might return to the pool at a later date, Tatsuya left to examine a cluster of plain classrooms in turn, which is about the time he received Monokuma's impromptu announcement regarding the tablets. A semi-important message, but not so interesting given Tatsuya was more invested in exploring at the current moment. From the classrooms, he then ventured to a room that appeared to be marked upon his map as a gym...?

Upon entering the premises, it would be a lie to say the street fighter's face did not light up at least a little at the sight he was greeted with. This gym, like the swimming pool stationed by it, was incredibly expansive, in extremely good order and offered a plethora of equipment that would make any dedicated athlete nut. And while Tatsuya was not exactly an athlete so to speak, having several punching bags at his disposal was by no doubt an alluring notion, so to be allowed this... he wouldn't admit it out loud as such, but it was almost relieving.

"Huh..." Tatsuya moved further inside the room, his eyes and attention drawn to what seemed to be a storage room located towards the back, until he was given quick notice of two occupants that had arrived before him, one of which was sitting and the other short enough that Tatsuya had not noticed them prior. Tatsuya's expression steeled a little upon finding he was not alone, glancing between Ken and Monokuma in question of what was taking place here.

"What? Am I interrupting something?"

Finding Ken sitting upon the floor of the new gym was unexpected enough as it was, but the fact that he was accompanied by their perpetrator evoked even more questions. The tablet in Ken's hands might have something to do with it though, given the announcement given minutes prior. In any case, this had nothing to do with Tatsuya and the raven-haired male didn't exactly want to get dragged into something that didn't concern (or would irritate) him. If he had to check out the gym some other time, so be it, although Tatsuya was indeed at least a little interested in the scene at hand.

@SolemnOath @Neobullseye

Last edited:
Ken Tanaka

"If you want me to be grateful I have a long list of things you could do~"
Taking back his tablet he merely waved Monokuma off when the other stated he had something to do. Not like he was going to stop the abomination from whatever it was just to ask his question. Taking the tablet and turning it on, he looked at all the information displayed. The new map, the darkened profiles and just took a quick reread of everyone else's profile merely due to the fact he had nothing else of interest as he waited. When the announcement occurred he paid little attention to it as he simply shut off his pad and placed it in his jacket.

No sooner did he do this did Monokuma return before him. "Now that you have that new rule in place, hopefully you wont go bankrupt~" He hummed with a light smirk dancing on his lips as he sat criss cross, his hands gripping his ankles. Though he gave off the impression of being utterly relaxed, calm and comfortable. "Seeing as I have your att-" Before he finished his sentence, the door opened and immediately Tatsuya caught Ken's eye, which was the reason for the abrupt stop.

A small sigh left him as he waved his hand casually. "No, there is no love affair happening, so you don't have to turn your back~ I just have an interrogative for the bear." He then looked back at Monokuma and tilted his head to the side just a bit as he spoke. "Before we are interrupted again, I have to admit I'm curious on something. About how much weight your words have~ Since Alex did the deed and killed the ever so foolish Arsen, what of the people that you used for the motive?" He asked as his smirk faded from his lips his tone showing no hint of his usual sarcastic and cheery personality. "The motive was that we would be forced to watch them get tortured should we fail to kill, well a kill happened. What of them? Are they alive and unharmed? Or did you lie to us merely to get a kill going?" In truth, Ken wasn't expecting much, he knew better than to hope around this bear. Despite this, he still had to ask, it may not amount to anything but at least he attempted to get something.
@Neobullseye @Solaresque