Cursed Souls: The Hades Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaliss spotted the twins as they entered the safety of the forest. She ran after them, her speed making her practically invisible. She had her chains on her wrists from before. They whisked through the air, hardly making a sound. As she neared the twins, she threw one of the chains forward..watching it wrap around the girls neck tightly.
Pulling back, she tightened her grip as watched the brother turn and face her.

"Stay where you are kid...don't try anything!"
She could feel the power radiating from these two. They weren't pushovers like most of these applicants. She's have to go all out from the beginning of the fight if she wanted to stand any chance to kill or injure these two.

She kept the chains tight around the girls neck. This was an early leverage..and she would exploit it to the fullest.

Rei heard a faint sound, but before she could react a chain rapped around her neck, yanking her back as she gripped the chains with her hand. Zero turned around instantly when he heard the chain rap around Rei's neck and stood still when he saw the examiner that killed the kid in the registration room. "You think that this is threatening? What your doing to Rei is nothing compared to what our parents put us through..." Zero said to the examiner that held his sister hostage. Although, he was honestly worried about Rei, he knew that she was able to take care of herself. All the torture that their parents put them through, payed off in the end.

Taking a hold of the chain, the temperature of the air around them dropped instantly as the chain began to freeze. Rei kept on her blank expression and the chain around her neck froze until it reached where it wrapped around the examiner's wrist. Slowly, the chain began to turn black, burning rei's skin and the examiners hand that was wrapped in the chain that was now frozen in black ice.

"How does it feel?" Zero asks, not interfering with what Rei was doing. "Does it burn? Rei's Black Ice" Zero asked, stating the name of her ability. Despite victims of her black ice thought they were burning, it was in fact just the temperature dropping drastically below zero. Her black ice ability, causes her victims to feel like their burning when they were actually freezing and strangely, it is unknown as to why her ice turns black.

"
Shatter" Rei whispered, her breath visible because of the cold. All of a sudden the ice on the chain cracked into tiny pieces and freed herself as she stood away from the examiner by her brother. She then rubbed the red mark that formed on her neck from her ability and stared straight into the examiner's eyes. "What's your motive?" Rei asked the examiner.

Kaliss watched the chain shatter, yet she wasn't surprised. She gazed at her frozen hand as if she had found buried treasure. "Interesting...feels like its burning while it actually chills." Her hand began to vibrate faster and faster..it didn't even look like it was moving. Slowly..bit by bit..the black ice faded. It took a bit of effort, but it worked.

"That's better....My motive? why that's simple...i'm part of the disqualification squad. Their leader to be precise. I'm tasked with eliminating trash from this competition...not that you two are. You're both...special. I can tell."
She smirked.
"You're going to get far...whether you'll actually make it is another thing altogether. Still, if i don't test you..someone else will..and i wnt first shot at you two!"

She unsheathed two attached wrist blades and smiled as she lifted them.
"Please don't disappoint me...i live for this kind of excitement!"
She vanished in a blink of speed. She could tell this was going to be fun!

The twins looked slightly surprised when the ice dissipated, since normally the only way to rid of it was to shatter it and it was rare to find someone who could do that. But then again, it was the Hades Exam, what did they expect? They then listened as the examiner from the disqualification squad as she stated who she was and explained what her motive was. When they heard her say that they were special they both looked at her quizzically. Special? What so special about us? We probably have less experience compared to other people besides killing and hiding our emotions. Zero thought.

Suddenly, two blades from the examiners wrists lifted them into the air and they glared at her, only to see her gone in a blink of an eye. "What the hell?" Zero exclaimed with frustration. Hmph* he said crossing his arms. "Whatever, this is going to be interesting" Zero smirked. Melting the blade with his fire, Zero jumped to the ground and landed gracefully as Rei shattered the blade, landing as her brother had done. "What do you say Rei? We actually have someone who has expectations for us, why not live though this exam and prove them we're more than just from a family of assassins" Zero said to his sister. Rei nodded and smiled at him, seeing him pumped with adrenaline. "Let's go" Zero said to her, as they left the location. "No time to lose, let's kill before we get killed" He sid with a grin making Rei let out a small and quiet laugh.

"
Yeah" She agreed, following behind him.

Kaliss laughed as she saw her wrist blades propelled from her wrists and subsequently shattered. This was going to be much more fun than she expected. Least they won't go out begging and crying.
She decided to have a little fun...that's what she did with alot of the contestants. She disappeared and began running around them..totally invisible with her amazing speed.

Zipping past Rei, she punched her in the back. Not hard, but enough to feel it. Stopping quickly, she zoomed back and did the same to Zero's shoulder..another lightning fast punch. All they would see when she passed them was a gust of wind and the blunt of the punch. She was determined to see how long these two would last under such conditions.

As Rei was walking, she felt something punch her on the back and regained her composure as she looked around her surroundings. Zero also was taken off gaurd when he was punched on the shoulder, but kept on an emotionless face. Seems like someone's playing with us... They thought at the same time. Somehow, they knew who it was and that they were being tested, but they could care less since it wasn't like how their parents tortured them. In the past, their parents would often hurt them without hesitation till they were near to death and would let them heal only to do the something over again. Not only that, their parents didn't care when they were threatened to be killed. They were always near the point of death when they were punished by their parents for doing something wrong.

As punches were being thrown their way, the twins stood their ground and took the blow. They kept their void expression constant as bruises were forming on their skin.

Kaliss found it interesting that these two were so composed..even under such assault. Her suspicions were slowly being confirmed. They were what the Hades exams was looking for. Still, there was one thing that she didn't see all that much..and that was the red eye that each of them had.
Red eyed individuals were very rare in the exams...they were rare in general.

She went a little ways in front of them and grabbed a pebble from the ground, rushing back and flicking it into Zero's forehead. She heard him groan as she sped ahead of them by about 12 feet.
"So...do you want to continue going?"
She had a surprise waiting for them..if they got just a little closer. She smirked as she watched them continue on.

Zero and Rei looked expressionless as they approached the examiner, despite knowing that she was up to something. They continued on, as a dark aura surrounded them showing how annoyed they were at her enjoying her fun in messing with them as they just took on the tricks that were up her sleeve. Although annoyed, they weren't about to back down. Zero smiled mischeviously as flames near the examiner sparked from the ground sounding like an explosion as fog began to surround them from the lake and cold air that Rei emitted. "Go ahead" Zero gestured, answering the examiner with amusement as to what she was up to.

She shrugged as they took another step..and she watched as Rei vanished..a trap door opening under her on the field. Hearing an audible click of the lock, Kaliss laughed at watching Zero's reaction at seeing that he and his sister were now separated!
"Didn't expect that now did ya?"
She barely dodged a fire attack he chucked her way.
"Woah..guess brother dear misses his sister...." Kaliss laughed again...the look on his face was just priceless to her. Guess they didn't think of all the possibilities the Hades exams would hold for them...

"hahahaha..she's on her way quite a distance from here...the pipe will send her to a random location somewhere around here. Not near us though...hmm, wonder where she'll end up?"
She smirked confidently.

Zero glared at the examiner as his sister disappeared, but kept his emotions under control. We'll be fine... We can manage without each other for a few days. Zero thought as Rei was thinking the same thing when she fell through the passage that brought her to another location. At this point, Zero and Rei both knew that the examiner's objective was to separate them from the beginning and tried to stay collective as they thought out a way to calmly solve the situation.

Rei fell through the passage and landed on her feet in a different location from her brother. Letting out a sigh, her eyes narrowed as she took a look around at her surroundings, sharpening her senses. For sure, she knew that zero was nowhere near to where she was and was hoping that her brother would keep his calm while she wasn't around, but knowing him, Rei knew that he wasn't naive. After all, they were brought up by heartless assassins.

Zero glared at the examiner as she made a remark to provoke him with overconfidence. Tch* "That over confidence of yours will become your downfall someday" Zero mumbled. "Heh, don't worry though. We won't die. At least not yet" Zero said. "Your years too 'late' to think you can just beat us like that" Zero retorted. "You people are seriously such masochist..." He said. Just because we're twins huh? Doesn't mean that they can take us lightly by just separating us. Although, they should try having a twin sometime and let's see how they like it if we separated them and put them in a coma... Zero thought to himself. They really have no decency... I could just put them all out of their misery right now, but Rei would probably be against that. Well, I need to deal with this person first and find Rei before... Someone finds her and before we start feeling like an ax is being hacked into our skin a million times...

Kaliss fell to the ground laughing hysterically.
"Masochist? Please..this is part of the difficulty. What challenge is it if teams were never separated...if people weren't forced to cope without their regular skills and routine?"
She stood up and faced Zero.

"Just looking and watching you two..i knew you were siblings..and a hardcore team based unit. Separating you two will show us how determined and skilled you really are...now that your partner can no longer back you up."
She cracked her neck and faced Zero with renewed determination.

"So tell me pyroguy...you wanna try me again..seriously this time? If not, then get walking and i'll find someone else." She wondered what this kid would do..he wasn't as much of a challenge now that his freeze sister was gone, but he would still pose a decent threat.

Hmph* "You think that never happened to us before?" Zero grumbled, remembering what their parents did to them. He then looked stared at the examiner when she said that she knew they were siblings instantly by just looking at them and watching. Watching? Anyone would know by first glance that Rei and I are siblings. Duh... We're twins, we look exactly alike. "No? Really? Congratulations for knowing that we were siblings" Zero said sarcastically, rolling his eyes while clapping. He then watched the examiner as she cracked her neck and offered a serious fight with him now that his sister was not around to back him up. In response to the offer, the temperature around them increased, becoming scorching hot and flames on his hand lit up and fire surrounded him making the plants around him wilt from the extreme heat as it continued to increase more than the average temperature of a scorching hot desert. Heat radiated from him from a distance that could cause a person's skin to burn from the heat, and was capable of dehydrating a person completely from any type of liquid or moisture.

Kaliss glanced around the area, seeing the flames raze the area. If anyone was nearby, they would be burned to a crisp. Well, not her. She technically wasn't human. She really didn't know what she technically was. Still, the feeling of the flames seem to hardly affect her..save for a little sweat. She began walking towards Zero.
"Unless you plan on striking me with those flames boy, you might as well turn them off." She burst into a run, her fist curled behind her so that when she got close, she could strike at him with her full force.

Zero ignored the examinees taunt that was directed towards him and tried to dodge the fist that he saw behind her back. Not being able to dodge in time, he was hit on the face, his head snapping to the side from the impact as a cracking sound could be heard from his neck. Regaining his composure Zero swiftly brought his hands towards the ground as the earth began to shake because of the high temperature and parts of the ground began to erode. Jumping back, he distanced himself from the examinee and observed what her next move could be as he tried to buy some time until the earth between them would split and he could increase more of his temperature from the core of the earth. After all, the more heat he could gain, the more accurate he could use his frozen fire ability. Rei wasn't the only one with a specific ability only she could do, Zero also has one too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaliss glanced around the area. His flames were disrupting the very earth..it was quite impressive. This boy has talent to be sure and his sister was probably no different. Still, playtime was over and she wanted him to really start suffering.
She burst into a run, vanishing from sight. She sped behind him, her fist impaling into his back. "Shall I give you what I believe you fear most?" She sped off before he could look or swing at her. Her fist next slugged against his jaw, almost staggering him.

"Perhaps I should go hunting for her instead. How would you like that boy..for me to bring her to you..and have you watch her slowly die in front of you?" She stopped a few feet in front of him. "Would you like that? To see the life slowly fade from her eyes as she barely whispers your name? To watch as her blood drips from those lovely lips and her body trembles in fear?"
She grinned.
"Well? What do you say to that?" She actually was considering it...to inflict mental anguish was perhaps the best torture she could give someone..to watch them suffer and know they are virtually helpless before the situation.

Mark propped up a chair, he looked around at the chaos that was around he then looked at his ring.
"Chaos, you have to love it..." he said as he drank a sip of wine.
he knew something was about to happen.

Primlin sat in a tree, spinning a knife around in one hand. She could hear fighting going on all around her, but she didn't care. This was a fight to the death, she wasn't going to get involved with anyone else's. Chances were they'd stab her in the back later.

Zero glared at the examiner as he stood up and regained his composure from the hit, and a smile formed on his face. "You... You seriously think that Rei would tremble in fear?" Zero spoke. "Tremble in fear? Rei?" Hah* "The last time we trembled in fear was when we were 4 years old. You know why? Because our parents decided to stab our vital organs every time we showed fear" Zero said, with malice showing in his voice from the memory. "If you want to make her... Or us to tremble in fear... Your going to have to try harder than that" Zero spat.

While he was speaking, Zero used the time he could as they were conversing and the fire began surrounding them began to turn white with shades of blue. Taking a deep breath, he began to blow a fire that was as cold as ice towards the examiners direction. As he was doing this, the fire that felt so cold, burnt the trees and grass on the ground to white dust. He wasn't about to let the examiner do as she pleased. Although he was honestly concerned about Rei, all he could at the moment, was try and escape from the examiner so that he could search for her soon. After all, the sooner he found Rei, the better.

Kaliss sped out of the way..although some of the spewed flames scorched her arm. That honestly freakin hurt some! She zoomed behind him, whispering in his ear as she grabbed his arms to prevent him from moving.
"You may have been through some tough stuff kid..and you may act tough...but these exams are going to make your life seem like a cakewalk soon enough. No matter who comes into these exams..sooner or later they feel that way."

Zero struggled, but she kept her grip.
"They experience fear, they feel hopeless, they go through each and every emotion and feeling before they ultimately either die or watch someone they know or love die in front of them. You too will know this feeling..just give it time."
She could feel the flames gathering around her and she had to get away, lest she be caught in the trap. Letting go of her grip, she took a final opportunity to grab a knife from her belt loop and stab it into the boys back, just barely scratching his heart.

She sped away from him, getting a few feet from him and his flames.
"Before I leave you and your pain kid...can i get your name? I want to hunt you again later..and I'd like to know the names of who I'm hunting."

Unable to react in time, Zero was unable to move as the examiner grabbed his arms and whispered into his ears making him scowl. "I have known this feeling! You say it as if Iv'e never been through this. Iv'e been through this more times than you can count!" He shouted as his flames began to increase around them. As his flames were increasing, it took away his concentration and fell to his knees when he felt a knife being stabbed close to his heart. Coughing up the metallic taste of blood, he looked up to see the examinee a distance away from him and heard her ask for his name. "You're an examinee, isn't it your job to know the examiners name?" Zero asked as he grabbed his chest while breathing heavily. "But fine, I'll tell you my name to make your job easier" he said with a mischevious smile and pointing at the examinee, struggling to stay conscience from the loss of blood as he spoke. "My name is Zero! You better remember it..." Zero said in between breaths as his hands dropped to his side. "Now that iv'e told you my name... It's only right if you told me yours" Zero demanded as he coughed up more blood and brought his hand up to wipe it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.