Cursed Souls: The Hades Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goldix sat there waiting for the exams waiting to fight the two he was getting very anxious inside because they mightpull another one on him and not use their elements.

The woman sighed. "Guess there's no-one. That's good on some level. Now please try and behave yourselves. Come along." She tugged at the chain she held tightly in her hand, urging the woman to follow.
Kaliss was relieved, but also slightly disappointed. She was looking forward to testing what these contestants could do..but there was always later.

The judge reached the door and began to open it. She could feel the tension in the air. Someone wanted to fight. Now whether that was for Kaliss or for another contestant remained to be seen.
The door opened and the judge halted for only a second. If someone was going to challenge her pet, they would have to do so now. Otherwise, they would have to wait.

I sighed a little, the mere sound filling the room and attracting attention. When my eyes opened, they showed sympathy towards the girl that had been told could be a punching bag.
"If you state the rules, and then offer a way to go against them for thw time being, wouldn't that be a trick to either disqualify a few examinees?" I stated, my arms and legs crossed. "If so, as a judge, that's playing dirty. Intervening in the exams as such."

The woman turned, a glint of mischievousness in her eye. "There are rules that prevent examinees from fighting. She..." The chained girl saw she was being pointed at again. "..is not an examinee. Therefore, it is not a trick or a game. It is a legitimate output from me for those who are too antsy to wait until tomorrow."

She shrugged. "If none of you want to, then that's fine. She'll remain bored for the time being, you all will wait until tomorrow when the game starts, and the exams will go on as usual." She glanced around the room once more. "Besides, i hope the reason some of you aren't applying yourselves is because some of you are afraid of her by chance..."
A slight giggle escaped her lips as she said that, her eyes darting between the various applicants.

"Final chance examinees."

To Seika,the judge seemed like she desperately wants someone to fight the chained girl.For entertainment,maybe?Who knows.She could do it and finish the match in a minute—meet their eyes,freeze them,and then attack—but it would be a waste of energy.Sighing,she shifted her legs,the left one now overlapping the other,and closed her eyes.

Dolly now going by Alice walked up to the front desk. She had a astound look on her face but she view every new place like that, She looked like she was lost. Alice collected her self and asked "Excused me, Is this the Hades exam." with a cheerful voice.

"Yes, This is it, Would you like to join?" The woman asked. She pass the the sign up chart to alice.

"Yes! Please let me sign up." Alice said reaching for a pencil. She wrote down everything including her real name on accident. She even got upset, She thought that would stop her from joining the exam but her imaginary cat explain that i was a accident.

She signed up and then entered the main room, She saw all types of people. She didn't even feel out of place, She never does. She saw a girl with chains on her, two children and this bothered here. She saw a another man setting by them, she could see the tension between the boy and him. The last person that caught her eyes were 2 people. One looked as they followed the other.

Alice walked over and set in a set, She then started to pet her imaginary cat but she did it slyly so no would notice what she was doing, she hated if someone saw and said something, she dose not want to be embarrassed.

As the examinee offered another chance when the other girl spoke about them playing dirty. They waited to see if anyone would like to fight the person beside her. Hearing a someone speak to the registeration lady, the twins turned to look and saw a girl that looked a bit lost. When they saw her looking at them, they shrugged at each other questioningly and turned their attention back to the examinee.

Alice sat there and pet her Imaginary cat, She even started to play games then she saw to children looking at her. She gritted her white teeth and played it off. She the crossed her legs and shook the one in the air. She adverted her eyes to the side and looked away. Thoughts were racing through her mind, She want to look normal so she thought she she should say hi to them. She go up and walked there way...then she walked by and turned around and went back to her seat and put her head in her puffy skirt. She knew she made herself look freaky again, A weirdo. She stomped her hells on the floor and buried her self deeper in the skirt to hide her face.

Rei noticed the girl that was a few years older than them had registered, walked by them, planning to greet them, only sit back down at her seat and stomp her heels in frustration. Looking at her brother, Zero nodded at Rei and stood up to approach the girl as Rei followed behind him.

"Hey" Zero greeted the girl. Rei stood beside her brother, slightly behind him and waved.

To the two siblings, she seemed to act nothing like her age. Despite being older than them, she acted like she was younger than them. Knowing that they didn't have the right to judge her character, they pushed the thought away and decided to try and talk to her.

"Go away Birdy!" She said before she looked up with her head in her blue skirt. She lift her head slowly and gaze on the twins with sad eyes. These eyes then sparked with embarrassment also expressed in her face as it turned red. "Sorry, You sounded like one of my friends." she said covering her mistake. She saw the girl waving back from her brother. "Hi." she told her waving back. She gave a big bright smiled at the boy. "My name is Dolly, I mean Liddell..." She grunted and shook her hands in the air "Alice that's it! My name is Alice Liddell." She said smiling trying to show how friendly she is and she was glads she wasn't messing up on her name anymore.

Last edited:
The woman shrugged. "Pity. Come along then, we'll see you all tomorrow." The woman tugged on the chain, pulling Kaliss along. She was kind of disappointed that no-one wanted to play, but there would be plenty of people applying and plenty of people to get disqualified.

Yzena led her to another room where more rowdy examinees were being held. they gazed and some even saluted when she came in. "I'm offering the chance to have some the rowdier examinees get their tensions out before tomorrow. Anyone who accepts gets to fight her." She gestured to Kaliss.

One kid..about 13..stepped forward. "Sure..i'll fight her. Hope your don't mind moping up this worthless slave old hag." Yzenas eyes flashed and she gazed at Kaliss as she dropped the chain. "No holds barred. I don't like this one."
Kaliss smiled. The games hadn't even started and she was already on duty.

The kid rushed to punch her, but she vanished. As he looked for her, the chain flew through the air and wrapped itself around the kids neck. The posture and focus of the slave had changed. Her look was now that of a killer...a predator.
"please...let me...." He choked for breath, but she gave him little mercy. A sudden snap confirmed his broken neck...the first official kill.
His lifeless body soon collapsed to the floor.

Yzena glanced at the other contestants around the room. 4 of them..a swordsman, a pikeman, an apprentice magician and his pet gargoyle. She glanced back at Kaliss.
"No witnesses Kaliss."
Kaliss grinned as she attacked, her eyes filled with murderous joy.
The room filled with screams!

Rei and Zero jumped at the girl's sudden yelling but it disappeared when they saw the girl's sad expression which quickly turned into embarrassment. Zero gave the girl a kind smile when she apologized, saying that they sounded like her friend and introduced herself. "My name is Zero" Zero introduced to Alice, slightly confused when she wasn't sure of her name. Zero then gestured to Rei, moving aside. "And this is my sister-"

"Rei" Rei finished for him. Zero scratched his head and nodded, smiling when he saw Alice being friendly with them.

"It's nice to meet you" Zero and Rei spoke simultaneously.

All of a sudden, they turned their attention to where a 13 year old kid announced that he would fight, calling the examinee an old hag, which was something that he would most likely regret doing. Zero watched with amusement at the kid's courage, which made him die with a snap of his neck just a few minutes or maybe even seconds when the battle had barely begun. They both looked at the kids limp body blankly as if seeing it was a part of their daily routine. Soon, there were screams in the room causing Zero to cringe and Rei to cover her ears. Zero and Rei then looked at each other and to the examinee that killed the examiner, partially glad that they did not risk volunteering to fight. Looking around the room, they both saw that there were people who were regretting taking the exams while others were filled with bloodlust. Rei let out a sigh at most of the examiners cowardice and wondered what their motive was in the first place to enter the exams when they should have known this would've happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
After hearing the screams,Sekia's eyes peeled open,but she still kept her calm expression.She looked at the dead kid's head,then at the blood that gushed out of his body.She watched as the blood crawled all over the floor."That was one life wasted" she mumbled to herself.She wasn't really that shocked,since she had seen worse...or at least heard of worse ones.How would she know?When she became massive murderer in one zap,no blood came out of anyone.They all just dropped on the ground dead.Then again,even if she sees blood she'll probably won't even flinch—or at least that's what she thinks.

She looked at the fearful expressions of most of the participants in the room.Somehow she was partly relieved that those expressions were not directed to her for once.

Alice smiled, "Well it's nice to meet you too." She told them. "Why are..." The sound of screams meet her ear. In her head she heard laughter. It made her want to go see what they were laughing about but she was taught manners and would be wrong to let herself be distracted. "Why are you two little kids her any way? How old are you? I heard this place was super super dangerous! Is that true? Do you like kitties? Why is your hair blue? Why is your sister acting so shy? Is it because she thinks i'm strange. Am i asking to many questions?" She asked in a flurry of questions.

Zero and Rei turned their heads to hear Alice speaking and ignored the screams that surrounded them. They were a little surprised when she asked so many questions at once and was glad that they had a pretty good memory, but were hesitant to answer her questions. Thinking about it, the questions she asked weren't too personal, so Zero decided to answer. "We're 14 and yes, the exam is dangerous, but I guess that depends on the person. Also, I don't particularly like animals in general and neither does Rei. Although, we have nothing against them so we don't really hate them either. Our hair is blue because... Well, we were just born that way. Rei has always been that way to everyone. Doesn't really like talking much you see, so it has nothing to do with you" Zero said in order, taking a deep breath. "And, i'd be lying if I said that you didn't ask too many questions" he finished with Rei nodding.

"I'm sorry! I wasn't trying to ask many questions i just keep tending to ask things in rapid fire sometimes." She said trying to explain herself. "Sometimes i get really person, Once i asked somebody what they had for dinner 3 weeks ago. I'm happy you didn't get annoyed, Some people say i talk a lot but everyone talks a lot if you ad..." She covered her mouth, She realized she was talking to much again. "I was talking a lot again wasn't i? I just tend to meander so much when i talked! Even in life i do the same thing. I was going to join the exam 2 years ago but i got lost and distracted on my way and had to find it. She said meekly, She felt embarrassed for telling them that. She hug her head in her shame.

"... It's fine" Rei and Zero said at the same time. Rei was about to reach out to remove Alice's hand from her head, but stopped midway and retreated back, remembering that her unnaturally cold temperature would cause a problem. Seeing this, Zero spoke in his own words of what Rei had been meaning to convey "Screw those people, you should just be yourself. Your bound to find people who'll accept you eventually"

"I know it's just i don't want to be the cute crazy girl again." She said with a light laugh. She was thrown of by what Rei said. She was taught that words like screw were close to the naughty words but she wanted to let them no she understood the message. "Yeah screw those guys." she said with her balled up fist in the air along with awkward voice as she said it. "There just envious of my constant happiness they wish they could have." Saying that made her feel better, she really did have a feeling of being genuinely accepted by Zero and his sister. She then gave them a smile. "I like you guys a lot, Really!"

After the fiasco with the contestant, Yzena had led Kaliss from the room. The kid had paid dearly for his insolence. He would of only got away with a couple bruises and maybe a inflated sense of pride if he had not insulted her.
Instead he got to die..in front of everyone. Now everyone got a taste of what was to come tomorrow.

Being disqualified was not like you felt bad and you got to come back next year. You never came back because you died. So many applied thinking they had what it took to win.
Yzena spoke to her pet as soon as they were out of the room. "I suppose i'll get a little scolding for that...but nothing too serious. One contestant is not going to make a difference overall. Besides, i kinda wish that we hadn't shown off your full potential yet..not that it matters in the long run."

Yzena glanced back at the room of people. "Most of them will still die. Those twins might be their own weakness, that girl with the chains seems overconfident and the newest arrival seemed either nervous or insane. Either way, it will be exciting to watch them compete."
Kaliss nodded.
"You do love watching me work...don't you mistress?"

Yzena smirked and nodded.
"Indeed i do. Come along, we'll have to wait till tomorrow before we can continue the fun."

With a sigh I looked to the sky, muttering under my breath. The screams barely seemed to affect me, but they piqued my interest, causing me to look in the general direction of the cries. I watched the death of the boy, and the witnesses, with a grimace. Then I smirked from under my collar. "Perhaps this will be more interesting than I originally thought."

Status
Not open for further replies.