Cursed Souls: The Hades Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.
"My name? I don't have one..." The woman looked solemn. "I really never had any use for one..so call me what you wish..i guess." She watched Zero smugly.
"Like I said kid..you may be tough and your life may have been rough..but here is different. As for knowing names, there are over 30,000 people participating in the games. Do you honestly think we can remember that many people?"
She waved her finger at him as if she was scolding a child.

"I'll remember you Zero. For now, I'd do something about that wound if I were you. Be such a shame if you were to die and deprive me of the chance."
She smiled sadistically. "See you around fire mage."
With that, she fled off into the forest..leaving Zero alone in the area. She had other prey to hunt..there were plenty around.

Primlin could smell the fresh blood from her spot in the tree. She looked towards it, almost curious about the source. Her shadows were telling her the twins had been seperated, the young male capable of controlling fire. This would prove interesting... Especially since the other that was fighting was an examinee. Or so they say. She stood up, sighing. Although she didn't want to get involved with these battles of other people, she couldn't sit by and watch the examinee's do things like this. Weren't they only supposed to eliminate cheaters, or things of the like? Not like there's any such thing as a cheater in this kind of situation... But rule-breakers. She stepped off the tree branch, calmly walking towards Zero and the Examinee. She was still out of sight, but she could see them, her eyes tuned with the shadows all around the forest. But more specifically the ones around her.

Zero listened to the examinee speak, his vision slightly blurry from the lack of blood, but he still stayed conscience. Right when the examinee left, Zero watched her disappear into the distance and stood up slightly unbalanced and ripped the knife out. Dropping the knife to the ground, he clutched his wound and found a tree in the shadows to slump down against while breathing heavily. "Rei... Just wait a little longer. I promise we will find each other" Zero spoke in a barely audible voice. That being said... This wound is too deep for it to stop bleeding any time soon... Although, I recall this happening before. When was it again? Zero thought as he closed his eyes and his breathing slowed. Ah, I remember now. It was when I told my parents to punish me instead of Rei, but in the end... They stabbed us both. I hope Rei is okay. Zero thought, becoming concerned about Rei as he opened his eyes and stared off into the distance, watching the sun slowly sink down. We have to hurry.

Rei walked around forest, unsure of her current location and decided to find some place to sit down and think. As she was walking, her hand flew up to her heart as she felt it throb in pain and knew that something must have happened to her brother. "Zero..." She whispered, "Please be okay." Finding a tall tree, she climbed up and sat on the branches, concealed in the leaves and watched the other examiners down below as they fought. Scanning the area, she sighed when she couldn't spot her brother Zero anywhere. We have to hurry... Rei thought. The time they've been apart has already been a few hours and the sun was already setting. They had to keep track of the time of how long they've been apart and find each other, because if they don't... Things won't turn out too well for them.

Primlin revealed her presence, stepping just beside zero. She looked down at him, her amber eyes gleaming as she lifted one hand. Out of her sleeve came a knife, and she used it to chop off some of her cloak, kneeling down beside the child. This may be a death match, but she wasn't a coward that would kill someone off who was injured, nor would she allow any other cowards do it. She motioned for him to show her his wound, trying to let him know her intentions through her eyes instead of words.

"Who are you?" Zero asked, putting his guard up when he noticed a presence near him. Glaring at the girl who took out her knife, he watched her carefully as she cut off a piece of her cloak and knelt down beside him. "What are you-?" Zero stopped when he realized that she was gesturing him to show his wound and looked at her intently to find no signs of her posing a threat. "I'm fine, this wound is nothing..." Zero mumbled stubbornly, refusing to turn around and show the deep wound on his back that was continuously bleeding. Staying in his spot, he looked at the amber eyed girl in confusion, wondering why she would help him when normally, if other examiners had a chance, they would kill him on the spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
She sighed a little, muffled by the collar and something else.
"If it gets infected it could lead to some serious problems. You want to , meet up with your sister again, right?" She didn't bother telling him why she was helping him, sitting down beside him as she put away her knife. She knew how important pride was, since she still had a fair amount, but she also knew sometimes you needed to let it go and let people help you.

Zero listened to the girl and thought about needing to meet Rei. Finally giving in, he hesitantly turned around and showed her his wound, slightly wincing from the pain. "You heard?" Zero asked, implying that she heard and knew about him being separated from his sister.

"I heard and seen everything. " she stated, wrapping her coat piece around the wound, applying pressure to it. She was attempting to stop the blood flow. "As for who I am, most people know me as the Demon Hunter. A legend in the eyes of many. Not like I merit that much attention."

Zero stayed silent for awhile, looking into the distance, as the girl applied pressure to his wound. "Demon hunter....?" Zero said quietly, mostly to himself, when he heard the girl explain who she was without mentioning her name. Hearing the word demon, brought his thoughts to his cursed eye and wondered what the girl's reason for killing demons was. Brushing the thought away, he remembered her not mentioning her name and decided not to ask because he didn't really care and it wasn't like she was his friend, but he would need to know anyway so that he would know to repay her for helping him. As much as he was unsure of who to trust, he couldn't just leave like nothing happened after this person just helped him. "Uh, my name is Zero... You?" He asked awkwardly.

She tilted her head, pondering wether she should reveal her name to this child or not. She never revealed it to many people unless she trusted them.
"My name is..." she paused, leaning back as she finished tying the coat strip. "Primlin." She finished, turnig to face the sky. She recalled the last person she had told her real name, and grew a little irritated. He had betrayed her. She couldn't trust anyone because of it. Not only that, but anyone she trusted ended up dying. It may be lonely, but it was her life. She shook these depressing thoughts away, then glanced at Zero. "I'll help you find your little sister, if you want." She said. Although most of the time she acted heartless, she did have a bit of a kind streak in her. "After all, you can't fight all that well with that wound, right?"

Zero waited to hear her response when she paused and finished tying up his wound, to introduce herself as primlin afterwords. As he was trying to remember her name, he turned around to face her when he heard her offer to help find Rei. "You'll help me find my sister?" Zero asked, analyzing primlin to find out her motive for helping him. "This wound is nothing... It will heal" Zero said quietly as he looked down, hesitating for a while. "Alright" he decided, looking up at primlin and thinking that it would be better if there was someone to help him. If she's tricking me... Then I'll be left with no choice but to kill her... He thought. "And... Thanks" Zero thanked awkwardly. This is the first time... Someone tried to help us. He thought, not remembering ever saying thank you to anyone but Rei.

Kaliss had rushed out of the area. She had her fun with Zero, but now her job had to be done. She needed to find individuals who were unworthy to be here.
As she left Zero behind, she spotted a girl walking up to him. Another competitor. Is she going to kill him? If she did, she would sve Kaliss the trouble later. She zoomed off in search of other prey.
She found someone about half an hour later. Most of the advanced skilled participants had already made it to the second or third checkpoint and moved on...this woman was still struggling along.

Kaliss watched as she slumped against a tree, setting her sword on the ground and sighing. "I had no idea the Hades exams would prove so difficult...."
She took her chance. Running in at blinding speeds, she whooshed past and grabbed the womans sword and then turned and rushed back, slamming the blade into her body so fast and hard that it pierced through her chest and through her back into the tree.

The woman coughed up blood in a gasp of surprise. "Why....?" Kaliss only smiled evilly. "It's my job." Kaliss took great pleasure in watching the life slowly fade from the girls eyes. Being a part of the disqualification squad had its perks. She disappeared after that, hunting for more contestants.

She glanced to the side, getting to her feet while she adjusted her collar. It was plain she didn't want anyone seeing what was under it. She took a few steps, closing her eyes for a second before swiveling to face another direction. "She's this way." She stated plainly, beginning the trek. Her silver hair waved in the small breeze, and she looked up.

Zero watched as Primlin fixed her collar and turned her head towards a path and announced that it would lead to Rei. Following behind her, Zero was silent, curious as to how she knew where Rei was, but decided not to ask. As they were walking, Zero walked beside Primlin, matching his walking pace with hers. "Primlin?" Zero questioned, giving in to his curiosity and decided to ask anyway.

She didn't answer for a second, staring silently ahead. She then seemed to realize someone was talking to her, and she turned her head slightly to the side, glancing at him.
"Yes?"

"How did you know Rei was in this direction?" Zero asked Primlin when he got her attention. Staring at her, he anticipated for an answer, wanting to know how she knew. Zero on the other hand, would only know how to find Rei because they were twins and because they can't be far apart from each other for long. If they were to be seperated far away, the pain in their body would grow stronger and they would have a higher rate of death.

She considered the answer for a second. She knew how dangerous it was to reveal her secrets, but she also knew she could protect herself when the time came. She gestured towards a twisting shadow that rose out of the ground, in no particular shape.
"I'm linked to these shadows, so I can control them. I can also use them to see things, dependant on where they are." She stated, turning ahead and closing her eyes.

Zero stared at the twisting shadow rising out of the ground that Primlin gestured to and stared at it amazed. This exam sure isn't just a game... Zero thought, remembering the events of being attacked and feeling all of the fear emitting from most of the examinees. As Primlin closed her eyes, Zero watched the shadow as a massive throbbing pain hit his head, making him bend over and clutch his head in his hand as he let out a groan.

Primlin opened her eyes, looking back at Zero. Was he having a migraine of sorts?
"Oy. Are you ok?" She asked, stopping in her tracks.

"I-it's nothing... I'm fine" Zero reassured, standing up straight and trying to ignore the pain. "Just a hedache" he lied. It's starting a lot sooner than I thought... Zero thought his expression becoming blank as he looked away from Primlin, his hand clenched into a fist as his nails dug into his skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.