Cursed Souls: The Hades Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.
he turned around, uncaring because such scary thing happen to him way to often to be cared about. "Now why is this too much to ask? I had a purpose to come here, all i am asking is what that purpose is!"

The man behind him, closer to 7 foot than 6, offered his hand. "Drizzt," He laughed.

"Drizzt?" Mark said. "I am going to assume that means something?" he stared at the man as he laughed and held out his hand.
"ummm...no"

Last edited:
"That's right, Walk away, Leave like them all. I never really had that to begin with anyway, Age 3 they shuffled me away...to people...I could still consider Mom and Dad figures." Dolly took in the stern answer that zero delivered to her, She had greatly upset the you man. She didn't feel bad but Alice did, She hated how she let other have spread so much malice. Alice was screaming at herself inside. "Why, Why would i say that, Why would you say that Dolly! I Know I never had a choice but you never had the right to mock them. There people like us!" She thought to herself, She always blammoed herself for anything Dolly said. She wondered why she even would let Dolly slip by, She could never suppress her. Well maybe if she had her 'candy' but she didn't even feel like herself on it and even it didn't help all the time. Alice Sighed and said. "Why, Why curse. You gave me Alice or did you give me Dolly? You took my friend or did I through away my friends? Maybe you helped me by making me so strong so i wouldn't need friends for strength and when that didn't help you even made fake ones for me. Our the Imaginary fake or just friends all the same, No matter what i do they will be always with me." She now had her original smile on her face. She snapped her figure and a purple cat appeared from the corner of her eye, It walked over to her and jumped in her lap. It;'s smile was large and white teeth wear sharp. "Cheshire...Will you ever leave me, Will you all ever leave me." The imaginary cat purred along with a strange laugh, Alice was able to fell it. "Never Alice, Wonderland will exist as long as you exist, When we leave then that means you left at the same time." The cat weaseled out of Alice's hands and climbed up to her shoulder. It's Emerald eyes looked into Alice's bright blues. It's smile looked quite disturbing. "You could invite them all into the madness, Into Wonderland so they could understand." The cat suggested, It looked like it was hungry. "Silly kitty, You not many people like Wonderland, Such a silly kitty Cheshire is!" Alice said in baby talk as she took the cat into her hand and petted it softly. She forgot about everybody around her, She had zoned out completely.

Rei poked Zero to get his attention and gestured her gaze towards Alice. Zero, still upset, looked at what Rei was gesturing him to look at. Alice was in a daze, talking to herself and she was petting... Something. Zero looked around and saw people staring at her like she was insane and he let out a sigh of frustration. Rei looked up at her brother and tilted her head to the side. "What are you going to do Zero?" Rei asked her brother, seeing that he felt like he needed to do something. The look that everyone gave Alice got on his nerves and he stood up. Rei stood up after him and just went with whatever he was going to do.

"Alice!" Zero said, to get her attention. Grabbing her left hand as Rei held Alice's right hand, he dragged her away from the other examinees sight. When Zero brought Alice to where the others wouldn't be able to see her, he let go of her hand and turned away. "D-Don't misunderstand... I'm still mad at you" Zero made an excuse to Alice while stuttering.

"He was worried" Rei spoke, while giving a look to Zero.

"I was not worried" Zero said stubbornly, returning Rei a look. Rei rolled her eyes at Zero and pinched him. "I wasn't" he mumbled, not feeling the pain from Rei pinching him.

Alice looked up as she her Zero call to her, she thought he had more things to say about there last chat they had. She was then grabbed by the approaching twin and lead over to the side out of site. The cat hopped of of her and vanish as it receded to the corner of her eye.

"I'm not surprise your still mad and i understand why." Alice paused. "Dolly can be cruel, I can be so rude sometimes." Alice found Zero's tough guy act cute.

"You were?" Alice said caught off guard, She thought she had ruin it. "That's very sweet Zero but there's no need to worry about good old Alice." She told him with a smile. "Thank you for thinking of me, I'm very sorry for what was said guys, But I'm also will apologize for future events, I can't always help the things i say." She told them honestly, She know that Dolly could cause trouble in there future.

Zero and Rei listened as Alice apologized and said that she couldn't help about the things she said. When Zero heard Alice say he was sweet he stated, "I WASN'T worried and I'm NOT sweet" emphasizing his words as his face flushed red. Rei let out a quiet laugh and covered her mouth immediately, looking away from Zero. "What was that? Did you just laugh at me?" Zero asked Rei. Rei averted her eyes as if she was a child caught doing something wrong and shook her head innocently. "You! You really were laughing at me" Zero pointed at her accusingly. Rei stuck her tongue out at him and taunted him as he puffed his cheeks. HMPH* Zero turned his head away from Rei and began to shake from laughter. Rei looked at her brother questioningly at his sudden change of attitude but smiled as he tried to hold it in.

"Brother... You'll die if you don't breathe" Rei said to him. As Zero's laughter died down, he took a deep breath and smiled.

"Sorry, it's just... It's been a long time since iv'e seen you laugh" Zero said, smiling at Rei gently.

"That's because your jokes were lame" Rei whispered to him, reminding him of the times he tried to tell her his jokes to cheer her up when their parents would torture them.

"W-What?! They were not!" Zero exclaimed. Rei smiled and stuck her tongue out at him as he pouted at her forgetting about being mad at Alice.

The man's eyes narrow, and he brings the flamberge down off his back. He holds it easily in one hand. "'Drizzt' is the customary greeting of my people," he growled, "You will accept or you will lose a few feet off the top." Suddenly the huge man disappeared, fading into a black mist. A younger, and much shorter man was standing in his place. This one had a long, slender, and gracefully curving blade on each hip. "Hello," He murmured.

"I am so sorry I don't speak your language." he smiled as the bi g man disappears into a smaller man. The man murmured "Hello." Mark replied. "Hello,my name is Mark, just Mark. And what might your name be?"

"Something you obviously won't be able to pronounce, so call me Kyo," He shrugged.

A representative entered the room from where the judge had left earlier.
"If i could have everyone's attention please?"
The man waited until everyone's eyes had turned to him. "I am a representative and announcer of the exams. At this time, we would like all of you to be shown your housing for the night. After that, you may explore the building here if you wish or retire for the night and get some rest for tomorrow."

He crossed to the other side of the room and stood outside a door. "Each and every room has been fixed accordingly to accommodate you until tomorrow. You each will have your own room, with the exception of the assassin twins who will share one room. Please follow me."
The representative crossed through the door and began walking down the hallway.

Alice listen the two twins playfully argue, She joined in on the laughter. She even learn that Rei laughs rarely.

Alice turn her attention to the announcer, They were speak about room placement. "Well guess we should follow ah?"

Rei and Zero quieted their laughter and nodded. They walked beside Alice as they followed the representative. "It's a relief they didn't put us in a separate room, right Rei?" Zero said quietly so that only Rei could hear. Rei nodded, also relieved that they wouldn't be separated. In fact, there was never a time when they were separated from each other their whole entire life, besides the time when their parents locked them in different rooms and they almost ended up in a coma after fainting. The doctor mentioned that had to do with something... Twins probably? But most twins weren't like them. They couldn't be separated no matter what. That just means that their bonds with each other were stronger than most and to be separated for a few weeks would cause them to fall ill.

"Something you obviously won't be able to pronounce, so call me Kyo," He shrugged.
"Kyo, that is a lovely name, once again, most people can't pronounce my real name, so i just call myself Mark." after the conversation, Mark noticed a representative speak, and he turned to hear it.
"I am a representative and announcer of the exams. At this time, we would like all of you to be shown your housing for the night. After that, you may explore the building here if you wish or retire for the night and get some rest for tomorrow."
"Oh yay! something to do! Well nice meeting you Kyo, i hope we have more in common than we think." he winked as he proceeded to follow the Representative into his room.

Seika rose from her seat without a word.For a moment there she was actually thinking of leaving the building and just come back the next day,but it took someone long enough to give them some directions on what to do.Just like the others,she followed the representative.She was glad that they had separated rooms.She doesn't want to bother having someone share rooms with her like in some kind of dorm.She was used to the isolation she got after the incident,and as much as possible she wants to keep it that way.She doesn't want to get close to anyone that much.

"I wonder when the exams will start..." Zero asked, slightly impatient.

"
Patience, Zero" Rei reminded him. Zero, slouched his shoulders and nodded as he let out a sigh.

When the representative stopped at a certain room, he stated the people's name who had to stay in that room and would move on until he called the twins names. Rei and Zero looked at each other and waved at Alice as they went to their dorm, which was slightly larger than the others and closed the door behind them as they walked in. "
Such a large dorm for only an exam that we might lose our life from" Zero stated as he walked around the spacious room. Rei nodded and inspected the small crevices and unimportant places that people wouldn't take a second look at to make sure it was not a trap or anything suspicious.

"
Find anything?" Zero asked Rei. Rei shook her head and put a thumbs up making him laugh. "That's good. I memorized everything in this room, so if anything is odd or different, I'll know. What about you?"

"
I remembered" Rei said, looking around the room another time, just in case there wasn't anything she missed. Zero jumped on his bed and took his eyepatch off, revealing his crimson right eye. Rei walked over to her bed and sat down calmly, removing her eyepatch also and revealing her left crimson eye.

"
GAh! Finally, We can take off our eyepatch. I'm getting really sick off being able to only see with one eye" Zero complained. Rei nodded her head in agreement and watched as her brother sat up properly and crossed his legs on the bed. "You know, I don't think Alice is a bad person. Maybe... We can trust her?" Zero said hesitantly to see if Rei also thought the same thing. Rei stared at her brother for a moment and finally nodded her head with a smile. "And plus, after meeting Alice I got to see you laugh"

"
That was because of you though..." Rei reminded Zero of his act previously from worrying about Alice. Zero rolled his eyes and stuck his tongue out at her.

"
I'm going to bed, maybe we should go look for Alice tomorrow and see what's up?" Zero suggested. Rei nodded in agreement and let sleep take over as the same nightmare replayed in their heads ever since the night they massacred their family took place.

"God this wait is boring if only i can do a deus ex machina to speed up time to the exam starting oh wait forgot i can." Goldix said as he kept a small glance at the twins but at the new comer Kyo.

The day had finally arrived. It was the official first day of the Hades exams. Each and every contestant was woken up early from their sleep and hurried out to the central courtyard where a panel of 5 judges were waiting for them. Looking around the arena it seemed that over 30,000 people had signed up for the exams this year. It was people as far as you could see!
"Welcome to the Hades exams participants! You are all here to attempt to prove your worth against each other and the judges who deem these games worthy. Let us introduce them before we go any further. Judges please introduce yourselves."

The announcer went up to the first judge, a frail looking old man. " I am Kiunam, the head judge." "I'm Yzena, the second rank!" "I am Brokadin." "A pleasure..i'm regilor." "ME...UGJAKIR!"
the announcer stepped away from the judges. "These five along with the natural trials and the disqualification squad will be testing you on your prowess, your determination and your skills as a team and an individual."

He continued.
"Here are the rules.
1. You are allowed to team up. Some section require you to be alone or have so many teammates. you get points for reaching the goal, killing other players or killing the judges and their disqualification squad. Killing a judge gets you triple points, although it has never been done and killing someone from the squad is double! If you fail a trial or do not make it to the next goal, you are disqualified...and by that we mean killed.
2. You will be attacked no matter what. There are no safe zones, no breaks and no time outs.
3. Anyone who passes the Hades exams will be allowed one thing of their choosing. There are no limits as to what you may ask for, but one thing and one thing only.
4. there is no time limit as to when you may reach the goal line to the next sector, but the challenges will gradually become more difficult as you progress. Overall, you have as long as you are alive to complete the exam.
5. The games begin now!!!"

In back of the contestants, two large wide doors began to open and as they opened further and further, two giant beasts were released from separate cages. The roared and the sky shook as the beasts were released into the crowd.
Kaliss stood next to her master Yzena and watched the carnage.
All of a sudden, she heard her master whisper to her.

"Find those twins...kill them or separate them. In this panic it should be easy."
Kaliss nodded and jumped into the fray, looking for the demonic twins.

"Oh shit, this wasa do or die exam huh?" Mark said as he lifted his hand up high.
"Greeaat."

At last, the day of the exams finally began and Rei and Zero went out into the courtyard with everyone else to see 5 judges who introduced themselves. They then stated the rules and Zero mentally cheered to himself knowing that Rei would probably disapprove of his outburst in such a large crowd which could bring attention towards them. Not only that, when they first cam, they already attracted enough attention to themselves because of his outburst. "Hey, you hear that Rei? We could work in groups. Do you think Alice would join us?" Zero whispered to his sister. Rei nodded her head to the first question and shrugged to the second.

As they were scanning the crowd for Alice, the announcer announced that the exams began and two large doors opened, to reveal two giant beast that were released into the crowd. "Never mind looking for her, we might run into her eventually, let's just get out of here while we can. I have a feeling that something bad might happen if we don't be cautious and stay together" Zero explained as he ran into the crowd of people with Rei right beside him. Running into the crowd, the twins passed by the people in their way with no trouble considering that they were the youngest in the exam and that their height wasn't particularly tall.

As they were running, they heard agonizing screams of the people who failed to escape from the two large beasts and cringed from the sound of their bones being crushed by the beasts that tore apart their flesh. Finding a place to escape from the beast that went it's separate ways from the other beast, it spotted the twins and ran after them with speed as it's paws hit the ground, making it shake as it ran. As if reading each others minds, Rei disappeared from the beast's sight as Zero acted as bait by provoking it in the direction towards the woods where none of the other examinees were present. "Rei!" Zero shouted to signal to her. Silently Rei appeared from above the beast and took a large breath. Blowing a gust of cold wind that quickly dropped below zero, causing the moist grass on the ground to freeze.

The beast let out a loud screeching sound as it charged at her, but it's foot slipped on the ice and it fell, sliding on the frozen floor. At that moment, Zero stuck his hand on the ice and caused to go up in flames, burning the beast. Letting out a roar, it got up and ran towards Zero in a rampage as it's fur was burning, knocking Zero down and Rei stuck her hand out, causing the beast to freeze in a block of ice. "
Freeze to death..." She said coldly to the trapped beast as a cold mist surrounded her.

"
Burn in hell" Zero said gaining his balance from the impact as steam surrounded him. Pointing at the block of ice that entrapped the beast, the ice turned black as fire surrounded it.

"
Shatter" Rei spoke, clenching her hand into a fist. The ice made a large cracking sound as a large crack appeared in the ice as it began to fall apart into a million pieces.

"
That... I didn't expect that" Zero mumbled, rubbing the pain in his arm from the beast attacking him, blood dripping from his cursed eye.

"
Don't underestimate this exam, Zero" Rei said to him, wiping the blood dripping from hers.

"
Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know" Zero answered, gripping his eye from the pain that felt like needles stabbing him.

Leaving the scene, the twins departed to leave the location in case anyone would go to where they were to find out why there was such a commotion. Walking around the forest discretely and checking their surroundings, they finally decided to stop somewhere to rest and tend to Zero's wound.

Status
Not open for further replies.