Cursed Souls: The Hades Exam

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Primlin looked at him carefully for a moment before sighing and stepping to his side.
"We'd better hurry then." She muttered, wrapping her arms around his waist and hefting him over her shoulder.

Zero was was barely able to move and watched to see what Primlin was doing. Unable to react in time, he felt himself being thrown over her shoulder. "H-Hey! What are you doing? Put me down!" Zero protested, although unable to struggle as she carried him over her shoulder.

"We'll be able to move faster this way." She stated, turning back to the direction they were headed. She dug her feet in the ground, drawing strength, before taking off into a fast run. The scenery began to whip by at an unnatural speed, at least for a human.

Grunting, Zero gave up and sighed as Primlin continued towards the direction they were headed. If Rei saw this... She'd never fail to bring this up, Zero thought, thinking of Rei silently laughing at him after seeing a girl carrying him. As Primlin continued on the path, Zero was taken off guard as she began to run at a speed that was impossible for a human to run. Thinking about it, Zero began to wonder if Primlin was similar to them, but shook the thought away for it wasn't his business to meddle in other people's lives.

Not having to do anything while Primlin carried him, Zero just sat still as to not cause any problems to her. Feeling slightly upset that a girl was carrying him. Considering the fact that Rei was seperated from him, he got injured, and a girl was carrying him, Zero was not happy and the dark aura that emitted from him showed that he would snap or kill anyone that messed with him.

Primlin held back a chuckle, seeing the dark aura. He almost looked like her when she was not to be trifled with. She leapt over a fallen log, continuing on at this quick pace until she felt they were nearing his sister. Knowing Zero would be mortified if anyone seen him like this, and understanding it completely, she slowed to a stop and set him back down.
"She's nearby." She told him.

Zero could feel the pain in his body ease down and knew that his sister was nearby. Primlin, who probably sensed his sister too, put him down. Slightly staggering to gain his balance, Zero didn't say anything and just nodded as he looked around the area, unconciously walking towards a direction that made the pain go away and spotted a large tree in the distance that stood out from all the trees because it was tall. Walking towards it without a second thought, he heard someone approach them and just stood in one spot, waiting as the other person in the distance neared, causing the air around them to become cold and knew exactly who it was.

Primlim stood back in the shadows and watched, practically invisible. She didn' t want to intrude on this reaunion, but she wasn't going to leave them just yet. Not until Zero healed enough to take care of them both, at least. Seeing him and his sister brought back memories of her own foolish older brother. He had left her, become a demon, and hadn't come back for 10 years. The mere thought left a foul taste in her mouth.

"Zero...." Rei spoke walking towards her brother. "You're late" she said in a monotone as Zero smiled at her. Suddenly grabbing Zero's arm roughly, she looked at him concerned. "Who did this to you?" She asked, putting her hand on Zero's heart and the other on hers, knowing that the pain she felt before really was Zero getting injured.

"
Rei, it's nothing... " he reassured her as he put his hand firmly on hers. Rei looked at him for awhile and sighed, knowing that he wouldn't tell her and removed her hand. Examing Rei for any injuries, Zero didn't need to ask if she was hurt. To others, it may have seemed heartless, but he knew that Rei was fine. "Where were you?" Zero asked instead.

"
I was up there" Rei answered, pointing to the tree that Zero was looking at previously.

"
I figured"

Looking at rei as she gestured
to his wrapped wound. Zero understood that she wanted to know how he had wrapped it.

"
Oh, this? Primlin helped me," Zero replied, scratching the back of his head awkwardly. Rei looked at him questioningly and Zero nodded, pointing to Primlin who was standing in the shadows. "She also offered to help me find you," he explained, leaving out the fact that Primlin literally carried him here. Rei looked to where the girl named Primlin was standing and looked back at Zero. "Let's go" Zero said, holding Rei's hand and bringing her to where Primlin was standing.

Prim raised her hand for a moment, allowing herself to be seen as she silently greeted Rei. Obviously she wasn't much of a people person.

Approaching Primlin, Rei nodded in response to Primlin's silent greeting and stood by her brother. "This is my sister Rei" Zero introduced to Primlin. "and Rei, this is Primlin" he introduced to Rei despite knowing that he already told her who Primlin was. "So, uhh... Thanks for helping me find Rei" Zero spoke to Primlin with a smile. Looking in the direction where he heard a group of people screaming, Zero frowned.

"
Zero?" Rei asked her brother.

"
Huh? I was just wondering when the second exam would start. Where were we supposed to meet for the second exam again?" Zero asked. Rei looked at her brother and shook her head, wondering how her brother could forget and turned to Primlin for some sort of explanation for her brother.

Kaliss had exterminated almost 30 people since she had left Zero and that other contestant behind. Her body and clothes were doused with their blood and she couldn't be happier. Those fools had no right to be in the exams.
As she rushed through the forests, she heard the familiar sounds of Zero's voice. She rushed over to their location and sat in a tree listening to their conversation.
They don't know where to go eh? Should I help? hehehehe..this'll be so much fun!

"Maybe if you all were paying attention more you wouldn't be in this mess." All three contestants turned and looked to see her gloating above them. Zero was the first to comment.
"YOU!"
She laughed. "You want to know where the next checkpoint is kid? All you have to do is ask..."

She leaped out of the tree and landed on the ground gracefully. "Just ask..and I'll point you in the right direction." She could almost laugh at the anger on Zero's face.

(Note: You don't know how Zero will react :P)
Primlin watched her carefully, acting about as mute as when she had first approached Zero. She could recognize this girl as the examiner, and she reeked of death. Her amber eyes glinted as she took in the bloody attire.
"How many people have you killed so far?" She asked, her voice dripping with venom. "Also, I can tell where the checkpoint is, as soon as someone else gets there."

Kaliss shrugged. "If you can get there, then by all means..go for it. I'm sure you'll come up in the right place...least I hope you do."
The smile she gave showed she was being completely serious.
"The Hades exams aren't for the overconfident or the faint of heart. They're a test to show you have what it takes to survive no matter what gets thrown at you...including us and each other. Nothing here is easy and everything here is trying to get you..one way or another. This time, however, I'm willing to give you three a freebie to the next round."

She leaned against the tree.
"Take it...don't take it. It doesn't really matter to me in the long run. I just want to watch you all go through some more challenges before you die..which will be more than likely. OH..and as for the death count you asked....30 or so just today."
She shrugged as if the number meant little to her.
"So...you three want my little freebie...or not?"

Noticing the examiner approach them, Zero glared at her when he smelt the stench of blood surrounding her. "You reek" Zero stated as Rei nodded her head in agreement. When The examiner told Zero to ask for directions Zero mumbled, "Like hell I'll ask" earning a look from Rei to keep under control. "I don't want a stupid Freebie..." Zero began, only to change his mind when Rei gave him a look to not cause any conflicts. "But since you offered, I'll take it." Holding Zero's hand, Rei was standing slightly behind Zero, a habit that they had when they were younger Because Zero was the oldest and protective of her. When the examiner answered Primlin's question, saying that she killed 30 people, Zero and Rei just looked at her nonchalantly, not caring how many people she killed simce their family had killed many before and came home drenched and stained with blood.

Primlin looked at them for a moment before nodding. If it wasn't for her wanting to help out Zero, she probably would've already have been at the checkpoint. As it stands, she couldn't let the two go alone with the examiner, and so she remained.

Kaliss smirked. "Smart move. Alright, to get to the next checkpoint you'll have to go that way." She pointed to the nearby forest area. "Once you hit the river you'll want to follow it to the left until you hit a cave. Pass it...and keep going. There's no definable checkpoint..so no-one really knows where it is or what it looks like, save for us. That's why your fancy scanning powers won't work."
She glanced at Primlin with that snarky comment.

"If you enter someplace that isn't the actual checkpoint, then you'll wish you hadn't...and that includes you tough guy." She looked directly at Zero with that comment.
"When you reach a blue flower that stands by itself, the checkpoint is just beyond there. I'll see you all there." She zoomed off into the distance..smirking.
The travel there wouldn't be easy..and even harder once they passed the first checkpoint. Maybe to pass the time she's go see what her other predecessors were up to.

"River, go left, pass a cave, and find a flower standing alone.... Got it" Zero repeated once the examiner left. Turning to face Primlin, Zero realized that she never left and wondered why she was still with them. He was sure she wouldv'e wanted to leave and not be slowed down by his injury. "You're... Coming with us?" Zero asked, wondering if she stayed for a different reason rather than with them. Bringing their hand up simultaneously, Zero and Rei fixed their eyepatch and looked at Primlin with the same exact expression that would make anyone unable to tell tem apart.

Primlin glanced over at them once more, reading the shock on his face.
"Yes, I am." She stated simply, turning to face where she had pointed.

Rei shrugged, not really caring as to what Primlin's decision was and looked at her brother. "Really? I guess that's your choice then. I won't ask why, but if you turn on us... I won't hold back" Zero spoke, saying the last sentence in a dark and threatening tone. "Now then, lets go" Zero spoke enthusiastically as if nothing had happened. "To our-"

"
Destination" Rei finished for him in a montone, reverting back to how she always was. Smiling at Rei, Zero turned to face the direction where the examiner pointed them to and followed the path to find a river. Although, smiling, Rei knew that her brother's injury was serious, despite being used to it, they still felt pain. She was well of it even more, when she noticed Zero's pace slow down and his breathing becoming raggedy. Walking next to him, she made sure that nothing would suddenly happen to him, keeping her eyes and ears open for anything or anyone that might come their way to attack then.

Primlin once more played the mute. The thought of turning on them had occured to her, but she hadn't stressed on it in the least. It wasn't like her to break peoples trust in her. She began to walk towards the river.

Status
Not open for further replies.