Cursed Souls: The Hades Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hey kid." Goldix turns the the person who had said this was intresting. "You are gonna like what you said when the exam starts." Goldix said to the person.

I glare at this boy, not liking being called a kid. "Just because I'm not the tallest doesn't make me a kid." I mutter, my tone serious and gritty, as well as muffled. Almost more muffled than it should be, but that might just be ones imagination.

Hearing Alice say she liked them, made them both have a feeling that they never felt before. Was it something acquaintances would feel towards each other? Or was it something else? Zero and Rei didn't know. They never really interacted with anyone so closely besides themselves and demon they made a contract with when they assassinated their family. They've never even had friends before. At least, not the ones that you could trust. All their life, Zero and Rei could only depend on each other, never thinking that they needed anything else. They they gave Alice an awkward look, not exactly used to being so close to someone.

Alice waited for a responds but she never received one. They had a confused look of there face, She started to think she did something wrong. The silence and tension in the air grew, Alice just knew she did something wrong. It was that she told them she liked them. She started to shack, She had to cover it up. She then open her mouth and said "I''m...I'm... I'm sorry, I don''t really like you guys." She then thought about what she said. She knew she mad it worse! "I'm sorry, Alice didn't mean it like that! I just, You guys were..." She gritted her teeth and place her hand on her head like she had a headache. She sat down and let her depression sink in. "I didn't mean for anything to come out the way it did it's just..." A tear fail down her check. "I tend to be really friendly because I don't keep most of my new friends. I'm always traveling so I have to say goodbye to all the new people i meet." She signed, She felt like she was back on her medication. She was feeling like Dolly now. "Most likely...No, factually we will never met again. Chances are one of use will die in this examination." Her voice was stoic, Dolly was always a colder side that looked only at the bad side of things. She looked them in the eye, Her blue eyes lost that brightness that was there when they first meet.

Zero and Rei looked at Alice when she began to shake and apologize to them. They wanted to say something to her, but she continued to talk until she became a completely different person. Her eyes looked lifeless and they didn't know what to do or how to deal with the situation. They didn't even know what was going on at the moment. "Hey, uhh... Calm down?" Zero said, making it sound like a question since he was unsure of what to do. He then looked at Rei for help and she shrugged, making him slump his shoulders. "Some help you are Rei" Zero mumbled to himself sarcastically, Making Rei roll her eyes at him.

"Alice..." Rei said, her voice sounding monotone, but if heard carefully, you could hear that there was a slight concern in them. Ignoring the fact that her hands were unnaturally cold, she put them on top of Alice's hand and said in a calm voice, "calm down. You did nothing wrong, Zero and I... Are just not used to being so close to people" Rei briefly explained. "And you wouldn't know if we would never meet again... Unless you don't want us to be around you?" Rei said questioningly. Zero looked at his sister in shock and awe when she spoke to someone she barely even knew. It must be because of Alice's friendly nature that she got Rei like this, Zero thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dolly felt the cold of Rei's soft hand, It didn't bother her since she was more insulated then the average human. Her cold hand carried the warmness of her heart, It was opening. Rei world got pass the depressing personality of Dolly and slowly pulled out Alice. Rei was talking, This is the first time she really heard her. Her voice was almost emotionless but there was compassion it it, It was soft and caring.Dolly, No Alice smiled. "Your not use to being close. We need to fix that." Alice said. Alice stood up and reached her arms out and pulled Rei in for a hug. "I hope we do meet after this Rei!" She said cheerful once more. Rei was cold but she could easily take it, She slept in a storage freezer before. She raise her head and looked at Zero. She reached out her hand and pull him in too. She then hugged them tighter on both of them not wanting to let go. "Like i said i like you two a lot! You guys are so nice, You two cheered me right up!" She then thought for a bit still tightly hugging them. "Kids, I'm i too close to you guys?" She asked a little embarrassed again, She just really thought the twins needed a hug.

Rei was surprised when Alice didn't flinch from her body temperature and a small smile appeared on her face. When Alice went back to her cheerful self again, the two looked relieved but was slightly shocked when they were pulled into a hug. Seeing Alice's embarrassed expression when she asked them if she was being too close, they just silently shook their head and felt the warmth of her body temperature. No one ever hugged them before, let alone touch them. Not even their own parents. Somehow, Zero and Rei didn't dislike the feeling and hugged her back a little unnaturally from never hugging a person before. Well, besides each other, they never hugged anyone. Zero let a grin show on his face as Rei just had a smile that became expressionless like it always was.

"So... This is what it's like to hug someone" Zero said, usually only feeling the coldness when he hugged or held Rei's hand. Rei nodded in agreement, although when she hugged Zero, his body temperature was warmer than an average person's body temperature.

"Sorry heh heh." Alice let them go and out of her arms. They did think she was to close but she knew they needed a hug. "I gotta say, You two have strange body temperatures. Is that you curse? I'm sorry if that stop people from hugging you in the past. Rei is so cold and Zero is so warm good thing I'm pretty insilated." Alice got back down in her seat. "So can i ask you about you powers. It seems that they might be the reason Rei is a ice cube and Zero is so warm, Your name is a serious contradiction." Alice said jokingly.

(Sorry if you been waiting, Been doing homework and shoveling that snow.)

"It's ok" Zero and Rei said simultaneously when Alice apologized right after she let go of the hug.

"No, we were born this way" Zero answered, shrugging his shoulder like it was no big deal. "I was born with the ability to control fire, while Rei controls-"

"Ice"

"And uhh... Curse?" They said at same time when the word curse sunk into them.

"How-" Zero began.

"Did you know we had a curse?" Rei finished.

"I mean... Umm" Zero and Rei moved their hands to thier eye covered with a black eyepatch at the same time and remembered about it. Zero's hand was on top of his right eye and Rei's hand was on top of her left eye. They then looked at each other and then over to Alice, putting thier hand down. "Well, it's uhh-" Zero struggled to find the right words to explain it.

"You'll find out... About the curse when the exams start" Rei cut Zero off, to save him from explaining the details which he had trouble doing.

(It's fine ^^ and speaking of homework... I didn't do mine yet ^_^; (procrastinator) I always wait until the last minute... Kinda explains why I only get 3 hours of sleep ^^; Also, Rei's name means Zero in japanese, so their name basically means the same thing)

"Ice and fire, That's a book!" She shouted instinctively. She looked at them, She did it again. Alice gave a smiled and thought of the curse question. "Doesn't everyone have a curse here, That what my Psychiatrist told.." She shout her mouth. "Um, I mean my, My friend told me." Se told them giving a smile hoping to play that off. Maybe they wouldn't notice.

A book? Zero and Rei thought. As Alice began to explain about how she knew the curse, they both heard her say pshychiatrist but passed it off as she covered it up by saying friend. Knowing that she was probably uncomfortable, Zero and Rei pretended not to notice and nodded. "I actually had no idea that the people here would have a curse" Zero admitted. Rei nodded as he continued. "Does that mean... You have a curse too?" Zero asked Alice curiously.

"Well..." She paused. She was still Alice but she was no talking a little more dour. "Yes." She turned her head to the side. "I'm not sure if everybody that has these 'gifts' as a curse." She then turned her head and looked at them. Her head the looked down at the ground. "My curse is...Well I'm sure you guys already notices by know." She raised her head and looked them in the eyes. Her eyes conveyed her sadness, Her voice was less jolly and completely bitter. "This curse's Benefits are nothing compared to its disadvantage. It has ruin my life, Along with the world handing me a cruel hand. This curse has made me look like a fool and a idiot countless times."(Dolly.)

The two frowned when they saw Alice's sad expression, but listened to her as she spoke. Everything she said was true and they understood what she was saying. When she mentioned that they must have noticed her curse, they thought about what she meant and remembered when her personality completely changed previously. When her tone of voice changed again, Zero and Alice were caught a little off guard but nodded understandingly. "You don't look like a fool to us and your not an idiot. This curse that we have, may make people think of us differently, but that doesn't mean we're any different from the people without a curse. We can't let it decide how we live" Zero spoke with a distant look in his eyes. Rei and Zero's expression became distant and empty as if they were void of emotion as they remembered what had happened in the past. "You're not the only one who has had a cruel fate" Zero said.

We are killing machines... In exchange for what we wished for, the curse was the price we had to pay and we shall accept it without any regrets. Rei and Zero thought as the thier expression changed back. Zero went back to smiling as Rei kept her emotionless expression on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Entering the area to register. He noticed the room had some people. He took note of them all, but kept heading to go register for the Hades Exam. He took notice as the lady at the counter seemed to already have a rough day and just gave him the form. Filling out the form, he handed it back to her and walked to the nearest wall. He still wore his hood and scarf that went up over his nose, all that could be seen was his Aqua Blue eyes. He didn't recognize anyone here and wasn't the one to converse much anyway.

Dolly listen to Zero speck, She heard the darkness that ate at him, both them. Dolly felt better have someone understand her and her changing emotions. What he said about them not being different made Dolly scuff. "Zero, You will learn we are vastly different, Some people fear you when you have powers." She raise her head and look to the ceiling. She mussed on the pass event, the tragic ones. She knew she was not the one with out the cruel hands of fate playing with her.

"I never choose to have this happen, You guys let it happen, You got to pick." Dolly got out of her and turned from them. She held her arms like a person would do when they were cold. "Maybe i wouldn't have the right to bitch if i just had the chance to choose." She turned to the twins, Her face emotionless. "Why would you choose such a path, Why accept the demons deal and curse? Why, Your barely teenagers." Dolly didn't care what she said. She was more sane when Dolly but spiteful, rude and all the negatives about her was in Dolly.

Last edited:
(Rei and Zero said they were killing machines in their head, they didn't say it out loud)

Rei and Zero looked at Alice when she said they were different and scoffed, making them put on their empty and heartless expression. "Your right, we are different. The only thing that makes us the same is our curse, but you...." Zero shook his head. "You don't know a single thing about us" Zero spoke coldly.

"Ah~ Teenager huh? What is a teenager? What are teenagers supposed to be anyway? Are they a species? We wouldn't really know that. We don't even know what family is. Unless you mean the people that are blood related to you who try to kill you all your life just to take over the family line.... Then sure" Zero said, with hatred in his eyes just thinking about their own family.

"We live to kill people, because our sole purpose for being born was to become killing machines... How we were brought up, was inevitable" Rei said with the same tone of voice as Zero's.

"Let me ask you this... Have you ever lived a life where you couldn't even sleep without having your eyes opened because your own family members are after your life just to take over the family line? Have your parents ever purposely broke your bones? Have they ever purposely stabbed you? Have they ever purposely fed poison to you? Have they ever locked you up and hurt you to the point where you were near death to only stop and let you heal, only to do the same thing over again? Have they ever threatened to kill you and throw you into a den of killers to be tortured just because you called them... What do you call it again Rei?"

"Mom and dad" Rei reminded him.

'Yeah, that... And have you ever been tortured for showing just a hint of emotion on your face? Because in our family, nothing but killing was aloud. We couldn't speak, we couldn't show our emotions, we couldn't do anything. In this family... It is survival. If you die, then you weren't worthy of being born in the family and your body would be thrown out to the beast or disintegrated by fire. And if your useless, you were killed..." Zero spoke with malice to the point where it would made you feel paralyzed with fear. His expression was void and his voice was cold, as if he was nothing but a machine with no feeling. A killing machine... They weren't called that for nothing.

When Zero finished speaking, he smiled at Rei and walked away without another word. Rei looked at Alice and followed behind her brother and paused for a bit when the saw someone new walk in to register. Not in the mood, Zero plastered on a fake smile which caused people to avoid him when he walked by and sat down. "You said too much..." Rei spoke quietly. Zero didn't respond and just crossed his arms and closed his eye to calm himself as Rei sat down next to him and put her hand on his. The cold feeling of her temperature, slightly calmed him down for the time being and he put his hand on top of hers gratefully.

Seika had been listening to the twins and Alice's conversation,not like it was avoidable not to listen.Some people who had calmed down from the early bloody sight had shifted their focus to them,especially what Zero said about their family.Again,she didn't really mind.Everyone has their own stories to tell,and that was theirs.Unlike other people,she didn't really find the twins' story something to be afraid of."More people starting to fear other people,eh?Hmp...do they not know that they should fear each other,everyone,not just some certain people..." she mumbled,pushing her hair behind her ear again as she bowed her head and once again closed her eyes.

Kane watched the three people talking. He could only hear bits and pieces of the conversation but it didn't sound lovely. He watched as the brother and sister stalked off. He would push himself off the wall to see what that was all about. But he finally found a comforting position to lean against the wall, so he wasn't willing to risk it. He would rather talk less to the other examinee's if he could.

walking down a hallway, Mark noticed and heard a voice speak further down the hallway. "Perhaps this will be more interesting than I originally thought." Mark went over to the voice to find a man(?) looking in the opposite direction, watching some murder happen
hey, as long as i don't get involved, i am okay. So he had the bright idea to poke the man who was grimacing. he said sternly "Excuse me, do you mind if you can help me as to what we are doing here?"
he magically disappeared, as did the murder scene
oh, that is just lovely....
having a fit he shouted to anyone who can hear
"HELLO, CAN I BE POLITELY DEBRIEFED?!?!?!?"

"That would just be too much to ask, now wouldn't it?" Came a voice from behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.