Cursed Souls: The Hades Exam

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
As they were walking towards the river, it was silent the whole way. Zero felt slightly awkward, but Rei didn't mind. Thinking the same thing, the thought of the examiner coming after them, weighed on thier mind. What is her motive? Even though she said it was her job, it seemed to be more than that... It was as if she was told specifically to go after them. Walking in the heavy silence, they reached the river and Zero turned to look in the direction to the right despite knowing that they were supposed to go left. He was curious as to what would happen if he took that path, but he held back his curiosity.

Primlin could hear the gurgling of water as they neared the river, able to see it better than hear it. She glanced at the twins, turning right at the water. If what the examiner had said was to be believed, the checkpoint was this way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turning to the right, Zero decided to go with what the examiner had told them despite knowing that it might be a trap, he went with it anyway. "Do you think it's a trap?" Zero asked aloud to no one in particular as he was walking in the direction to the left of the river. Rei just shrugged her shoulders as she walked along the edge of the river perfectly balanced with Zero right beside her, making sure she didn't fall in.

Primlin thought about it for a moment. She had been in far too many traps in her lifetime, and this was starting to look suspiciously like one.
"Perhaps. When we near it, I'll make sure it isn't before you take foot in the area." She told them.

"What? Why? What are you going to do if it really is a trap?" Zero asked, turning to face primlin. Rei nodding in agreement with what her brother said. Although Zero knew that Primlin wasn't someone to be underestimated, he knew that she was probably the only one to able to do something other than Rei. Rei was out of the question, since he would go into an overly protective mode and refuse to let Rei do anything too risky as to cause her to get injuresd or seperated like before.

She chuckled a little.
"Well, if it's a trap where someone attacks us... I'll kill them." She said darkly. "And if it's another kind, I'll disable it."

Zero and Rei both looked at Primlin, slightly perplexed, but shrugged when she chuckled. Although they could understand her killing, what made them confused was that she said she could disable another being. "Uh... How are you going to disable another kind? Doesn't that still mean that your going to kill them?" Zero asked, thinking hard about what she meant and wondered about how many other abilities she had.

"I meant another kind of trap. Namely one that uses mechanisms to disable the prey, or even kill them. Sometimes it merely traps them. Those kinds are fun to deal with themselves, and I know most of them like the back of my hand." She explained.

"Ahh.... That... Makes sense I guess" Zero said as he turned to Rei. "Rei, don't do anything alright?" He demanded. Rei looked at him blankly and turned away.

"No promises" Rei answered back in a monotone, looking straight at Primlin as if she could see through her.

Primlin glanced at a cave that they were nearing, comparing it to the one that the examiner had told them about. She passed it by, her words still heavy in Primlin's mind. Primlin looked at Rei. "If you get in my way at any point in time, either of you, then I can't promise I won't kill you." She said, warning them.

Kaliss had left the group far behind by the time they had left the area. She was growing restless and needed the thrill of battle. She ended up running into the judge Ugjakir. He was a brute true to the definition. He battled using a menacing club and up close seemed like he could swallow a person whole.
"Puny squad pet fight Ugjakir!?" Kaliss shook her head. "Nope. Just taking a break. You're safe around me judge." The brute grunted and continued bashing whatever he was already when she arrived. It was a body of a dead competitor...long since dead by the way the entire body looked.

"You know that persons dead...right?" Ugjakir bashed a couple more times before stopping. "Ugjakir make sure dead!" Simple minded brute...true to definition.
"You know...you're bound to find more competitors near the checkpoints. Go there and you'll have plenty of people to smash around." Ugjakir scowled at Kaliss. "What if trick?" Kaliss gave him the big innocent eye. "Do you think I would trick you big guy?"
He grunted and began setting off towards the nearest checkpoint. Whatever was there he would smash it..and Kaliss sped along for the ride. This should be extra fun!

"If that's the case... I don't have to explain to you what we'll do, since I already told you before what would happen if you were to betray us" Zero spoke blankly.

"
We have no reason to get in your way in the first place... If your implying that we don't get in the way of your kill-" Rei explained, stopping mid-sentence.

"
Then you don't have to worry about that... We don't want to deal with the curse anyway" Zero finished for Rei, mumbling the word 'curse' quietly. "We could care less-"

"
If you went on a killing spree"

"
We won't get in your way" They both said simultaneously.

"Fair enough. And if you guys decide the same, I'll make sure not to get in your way." She huffed, staring straight ahead once more. "And you needn't worry about me betraying you, I'm not the kind of person to do that, despite appearances. I'll give you fair warning if I decide not to help you anymore."

The two looked at each other and nodded in agreement at Primlin. "Agreed," they both said in unison to Primlin's words. Zero knew that it wasn't their choice as to what Primlin decided to do and they were already indebted enough to the fact that she had already helped them so many times already. They weren't used to it, but it wasn't particularly too bad to have someone help them. Although it made him feel weak and pathetic as to need someone to come to their aide. He was sure that Rei must have felt the same way.

"
Hey, do you hear that?" Zero asked. Rei nodded, facing in the direction the sound came from. It sounded like someone smashing something and it was heading their way. Getting into a defensive stance, Zero turned to look Primlin, wondering if she wanted to deal with what was coming thier way or leave it to them.

Primlin's ear twitched a little, and she nodded. "It sounds close by. Should we check it out, or leave it well enough alone?"

"Let's just go, it's better if we get to the goal quicker. If whoever is after us going to confront us, then we won't have choice. For now..."

"
We keep going" Rei finished for him. Nodding at each other, they turned to get Primlin's approval if she agreed to what they decided to do for the time being. If the person was coming after them, they were well aware that it wasn't for having tea and biscuits with idle chatter. With that, strength... They could tell that all that person wanted was to kill.

Primlin nodded, glancing behind them at the noise. She didn't feel like it was a problem for her, but it might prove to be a nuisance, whomever it was. He was crashing through the forest like a brute' if he was an examinee he was a stupid one, that was for sure.

Seeing Primlin nod, the two continued on; their walking pace a bit quicker than normal, but not to the point where they were running. It was more closer to jogging, although they didn't particularly care to go any faster because the person targeting them couldn't be avoided forever. What was important was that they got closer to their destination. They could care less about whoever was after them.

Primlin spotted the flower they needed to pass, and pointed it out to the other two. They must be nearing their destination, and she began to synch with the shadows around her, trying to determine how much farther they needed to go before they were at the checkpoint.

Kaliss and Ugjakir finally arrived at the destined checkpoint. there were people here, about 7 by the looks of them. some guy in a suit of armor, couple spellcasters and the rest were just generic brawler fighter types. "Well, seems we found the jackpot."
"UGJAKIR SMASH!!!"
The judge ran into the camp, causing all 7 people to stand arm ready themselves. Ugjakir made short work of them. The guy in the armor he grabbed and tossed into the air. Kaliss watched as he descended and slammed into the ground..dying on impact. The spellcasters managed to get off a couple spells before they got bashed in by the massive club in Ugjakirs hands. The rest scattered and Kaliss ran in to deal with them.

Soon both of them were standing amidst a carnage of blood and guts. "Ugjakir return. Miss room." He lumbered into the checkpoint and began walking the secret way to the judges quarters. Kaliss sat down and smiled at she marveled at the handiwork around her.

Status
Not open for further replies.