• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
No i was actually really pissed off too. I mean if he had read my character sheet he would know that some psychic barrier isnt going to stop her from breaking something. Plus being manhandled like that is likely to get him attacked by her power itself as it works as a self-defense mechanism. She has a very dangerous power but all it can do is destroy, it has no other purpose and thus does it very well. AND she cant control it so she cant just go god-mode
Exactly. You can't just do whatever you want @TyranntX . Be patient, and let others interact, especially when you do something crazy like this.

No i was actually really pissed off too. I mean if he had read my character sheet he would know that some psychic barrier isnt going to stop her from breaking something. Plus being manhandled like that is likely to get him attacked by her power itself as it works as a self-defense mechanism. She has a very dangerous power but all it can do is destroy, it has no other purpose and thus does it very well. AND she cant control it so she cant just go god-mode
Actually, I did read your CS before posting.. and it didn't exactly say that it wouldn't work work or why it wouldn't. Also it'd didn't exactly specify whether r not your power was based of touch, ergo I assumed that if you were not "indirectly connected" with your target then it would work. One more thing is that as Luke said "You can't destroy what you can't touch" meaning if you can't touch him... then you can't destroy him. This isn't even suppose to be a combat RP any way so... don't know why you included that XD... Think of the Barrier as a kind of "Inverted Bunker" instead of destroying everything around you... it's just what eve is in the barrier that decomposes.

Not trying to be mean, just saying this is a bit more fair then you think it is. Especially when you keep in mind how much of an understanding Luke has about his powers XD.

Yeah that was a bit much :( should we wait and see if @Romdeaux will veto? Cuz now its just over and no one can really interact? I was only gonna have James try to talk to her

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that was a bit much :( should we wait and see if R@omdeaux will veto? Cuz now its just over and no one can really interact?

Exactly. You can't just do whatever you want @TyranntX . Be patient, and let others interact, especially when you do something crazy like this.
people can still react to both events to be fair, Aaand to be fair the RP DOSE go a bit too slow to wait for everyone's reaction. Hell I actually anted Luke to investigate with Clary to find Eden, but couldn't because they were not available. again not being mean or trying to be, but If Luke is in the area and things are happening then I'm going to try and be a part of it :). @Romdeaux has been online/offline for a bit now but from the looks of it I don't think he see's a problem... but then again I'm not him XD.

Yeah, I'm just gonna wait anyway. This was all too godmoddy for me.

people can still react to both events to be fair, Aaand to be fair the RP DOSE go a bit too slow to wait for everyone's reaction. Hell I actually anted Luke to investigate with Clary to find Eden, but couldn't because they were not available. again not being mean or trying to be, but If Luke is in the area and things are happening then I'm going to try and be a part of it :). @Romdeaux has been online/offline for a bit now but from the looks of it I don't think he see's a problem... but then again I'm not him XD.
Of course you're allowed to react, but in the process you're not letting us interfere with the scene, or your character. Because he just walks away! If you feel pushed out in other scenes, clearly you must understand others can too. We both were able to ignore the fact that our characters Luke and Ricchon got pushed forward without being able to respond, but we caught up at the end. This time is different. This is a huge dramatic scene. And Alicia is hell of a strong mutant. Luke may be strong too, but when @Sarokhor says that Alicia will respond, and to your character at that, let him/her.

Yeah, I'm just gonna wait anyway. This was all too godmoddy for me.
Well, It actually isn't Godmoddy. I even said what would be strong enough to bring down one of his barriers.... and The Decolpesition thing I don't think sounds like an explosion. but that's just me.

Of course you're allowed to react, but in the process you're not letting us interfere with the scene, or your character. Because he just walks away! If you feel pushed out in other scenes, clearly you must understand others can too. We both were able to ignore the fact that our characters Luke and Ricchon got pushed forward without being able to respond, but we caught up at the end. This time is different. This is a huge dramatic scene. And Alicia is hell of a strong mutant. Luke may be strong too, but when @Sarokhor says that Alicia will respond, and to your character at that, let him/her.
Well, nothing is really stopping anyone from cutting him of from walking away, or even yelling out to him, Hell Even your character can do something here and now :). So if they want to respond to me I will let them.

Where did you say how his barrier could be broken? All I see in that post is him trapping her in a box and then suddenly it's over and he goes back to his room without anyone having time to even attempt to supposedly break this barrier. A room which @Romdeaux already established doesn't exist in the ooc chat because the dorms are one big open room with bunk beds :(

And if you're referring to my character hearing things happening earlier, windows shattered and bed frames bent so that would at least create a little noise. I dont think anyone tried to say there was an explosion.

Well, nothing is really stopping anyone from cutting him of from walking away, or even yelling out to him, Hell Even your character can do something here and now :). So if they want to respond to me I will let them.
NO! Because that would be reacting in the past! If Alicia reacted badly to Luke lifting her in a box, and dropping her again, maybe she would want to punch him in the face as he bent down to talk to her, and then he'd have a different reaction than what you already wrote as he left!!!!!!
I need you to understand this.

I'm just gonna stop arguing now and wait for Romdeaux, cuz I gotta go back to work and this argument isn't going to get us anywhere. I'll come back once things have been resolved in some official way.

I'm just gonna stop arguing now and wait for Romdeaux, cuz I gotta go back to work and this argument isn't going to get us anywhere. I'll come back once things have been resolved in some official way.
Alright. See you later. Have a good one.

NO! Because that would be reacting in the past! If Alicia reacted badly to Luke lifting her in a box, and dropping her again, maybe she would want to punch him in the face as he bent down to talk to her, and then he'd have a different reaction than what you already wrote as he left!!!!!!
I need you to understand this.
Fair enough, I edited the post so that he stays put... now she can respond to him properly

Fair enough, I edited the post so that he stays put... now she can respond to him properly
Thank you for understanding. It is a difficult thing to find the balance, and not write too much or too little, but with practice, patience, and respect for other writers and their characters, it will become easier. Everyone can make this mistake, though try to learn from it.

@Sarokhor
@TyranntX @Laivindur @Verona

okayokay.

Luke can't do that.

aside from his powers running totally OP once again, essentially allowing you to write in any psychic ability you want, you completely wrote over any potential interaction between him and alicia.

If there is one unwritten, permeating rule in roleplaying, its that you dont write for someone else's character.

When you wrote "for a moment there was nothing but silence"

You wrote in a reactor post for someone elses character. in fact. EVERYONE elses character.

you can't do that, ever.

Fix it.

rewrite your post, i wont tell you what to write, but damnit, DO NOT ASSUME ANYTHING.

EDIT

I'm not sure what you changed it to yet. but my point remains the same.

I'm not okay with that kind of posting.

SHE really does mind.

EDIT

c8b8b603a9ac0b7dec3a00788dd741806f707ca31831048587608e3f45b1f89d_zps8mtayura.jpg

I've EXPLICITLY stated that this is a non-combat RP. several different times.

This means NO UNAPPROVED CHARACTER CONTACT.

if you wanted to write out a scene where Luke encases alicia in a psychic box. you A) run your totally OP power by me first. and then B) discuss it with sarokhor.

fix that too. im quite frankly pretty upset about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for understanding. It is a difficult thing to find the balance, and not write too much or too little, but with practice, patience, and respect for other writers and their characters, it will become easier. Everyone can make this mistake, though try to learn from it.
I looked at your 'edit'...I think it's still too much. To go into detail: 1. You're Godmodding by saying that Alicia's powers subdue. You're in no position to do that. You can say "If her powers subdued by this, Luke would etc etc, but then you would have to wait, and let your post be by that. You can't just assume that that would work against such a powerful mutant. 2. Would Luke really do and say all these things after Alicia eventually freaks out?? You have to wait. Your character is still taking over a powerful mutant! This needs more than one post.

Honestly if i have to deal with anything like this again Luke is gonna go.

Woah! I didn't want to cause all this drama... I apologize to all parties involved... I just felt like Luke made it seem like he could control my character's power so easily and i didnt like that i was being forced to accept that fact without discussing it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back