Status
Not open for further replies.
Confession. I know the deadlines over but I only just now polished up my CS for Bat Boy. >//<
Are we ready to begin RPing?

I'm good to go, barring any last-minute changes.

D-DAY

Cameras shutter. The slick marble clicks with every heel contact. Her tiara flashes with every shot. Her clean porcelain hands gripped the rich mahogany podium cluttered over the top with microphones. Eyes darted around--ignoring the constant swarming barks of the Metropolitan reporters down below her.

"Sigh" her breathe showed.

"I thought this this was an audition not a press release."

"It's both" he replied

A shadow covered the now hushed mob from above. A green man in velvety blue. His toes kissed the marble as he landed, untying his cloak to hand it over to the Princess.

"Thank you, J'onn."

"We will be taking questions for about an hour and a half before the auditions," he paused " but where are our heroes?"

"Maybe they're in the crowd, they could be late."
_________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE: This is the opening scene to the RP. I've been thinking of a way to get all of our characters to dynamically interact and enter the RP in a way that really showcases their personality.

This'll be the gist of it. Take this as a writing prompt to really showcase your character as their step in foot-first to the RP.

The idea is this. Youre character has to be here at the auditions for 10.30 at the New Hall in Metropolis. The press release happens between 9-10.30. It's a brisk day out. There's frost on the grass. There's a swarm of barking papparazzi and reporters all over the place. Helicopters and reporters are sensationalizing the opening of the New Hall of Justice--a moment of true history. This is a big event. Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter will be answering all sorts of questions.

The way they interact with every environmental and situational context reveal more and more nuance about them. Is your character there since the press release? Are they running late? Did they walk in just on time? Did they forget their papers? Are they cocky enough to register on the spot cause they dont care? Etc etc etc. Think about this meticulously. Show us how--who your character is. Go ahead and feel free to use WW and MM to answer made-up questions by the reporters for the sake of immersion if you need it.

A note on showcasing worldbuilding-- we all have the same level of worldbuilding power in this RP. Feel free to describe your own environments and interact freely. For example creating neighborhoods, apartments, special observations in environments etc is totally fine. I'm a bit new to the GM thing so maybe I'm overkilling the explanation. The main gist is this. Have fun. Show (dont tell) us your characters through the environment they interact with. And let's make this epic.

Below are the designs ill be using for MM and WW. In the world building post will come a spoiler listed with all NPC designs as they come along.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Solar I filled in my "today" info! I'm not sure when we're starting but I'll try and reply as soon as I can.

I put up an easier to view CS in Google Docs, so you can see her full bio. I'll resize the images later.

Post Edit Note:
Im SOO sorry if I'm typing too much. It's been a long day. I usually edit my posts but I just need to put this out so. If its all too much to read just know I'll be editing tomorrow morning so we can all just begin Rping ASAP >///<

Was a bit busy to get in the IC today but I did come up with a concept. Does it sound like a good idea? Is this idea okay? To start in our own enrionments and work up to coming to the meeting--perhaps it can work into our "Today" sections by allowing us to show our characters in their lives before the story takes them by storm.

For example. For my Bat Boy I'll be starting the night before atop his cathedrale with his mother, who gives him her blessing before he makes a night's journey to wind up at the New Hall of Justice.

Similarly, you can display your character's eveyrday life, hint at their backstory and still move forwards to the event.

I like the idea. It's a good opportunity to show a little of the character's everyday life, as you said. It's also a good potential lead-in, as it can show what they do to prepare, and with whom they'd do it. A little vignette before they just happen to turn up on the scene at the press conference.

...and now I have to wonder, just how publicized was this, in advance? Though if they're expecting new heroes, as the opening seems to indicate, they must have done something to get the word out. I could definitely see Runa being the type to just rush out during the press conference, either because it's the first she's heard of a new Justice League, or because she totally forgot that was today.

Reactions: Solar
I like the idea. It's a good opportunity to show a little of the character's everyday life, as you said. It's also a good potential lead-in, as it can show what they do to prepare, and with whom they'd do it. A little vignette before they just happen to turn up on the scene at the press conference.

...and now I have to wonder, just how publicized was this, in advance? Though if they're expecting new heroes, as the opening seems to indicate, they must have done something to get the word out. I could definitely see Runa being the type to just rush out during the press conference, either because it's the first she's heard of a new Justice League, or because she totally forgot that was today.
I would say that it was pretty well organized. Fliers, newspaper articles, television report stories, social media--the whole planet is in an uproar at the announcement of a New Justice League. Just imagine the hype they'd generate with the idea of super heroes coming back to human civilization just like they were "in the good old days" etc.--pretty hype.

Also Runa sounds hilarious lmao. xD

Guess who's back and ready for sum more RP!

Reactions: Solar
Welcome back @WitchcraftIsScience
We're about to begin our RP now.
We're beginning the D-Day: Initiation episode. But don't worry! I have an easy way to include any characters that come in after initiation, so take your time creating a CS. You can also check my CS review post for tips on your CS. Also, don't forget to put your "Today" section in your CS as to where your character is now and what he/she is up to!

For everyone else.
Here's a brief summary of what's going to happen since last night's posts were huge.

It's D-Day, a busy press conference and audition day at the New Hall of Justice in Metropolis. It's a pretty hyped day--the superheroes are returning. Wonder Woman and Matrtian Manhunter are at the Hall hosting a press conference in front the fountain. Drones, helicopters, reporters--the whole 9 yards are there.

It's a brisk morning at about 9.00 AM. The press conference ends at 10.30 AM, which the auditioning meta-organisms will be invited into the Hall to audition. There's frost on the grass--it's cold. Needless to say it speaks to the urgency of needing to recruit and train new heroes in the winter.

The D-Day GM Post is already set up describing all this. We'll be starting our posts with our character's daily lives--something to display their back story and where they were before getting to the press conference. I'd like to start off our characters with them going TO it rather than randomly appearing at it.

Is your character on time and there at the press conference?
Is he/she late?
Did he/she forget their sign up papers?
What's their plan for the audition?
Do they know how to get there?
How do they react to the cold weather?
How are they getting there?
Do your characters meet someone else's on their journey to the Hall? (This would have to be discussed in OOC)

Ask yourselves all these questions--interact with the world fully. Let's see your characters personality!

For Example:

My character, Bat Boy, lives in a City 47 cathedral with his mother and religious brothers and sisters. With her blessing, he leaves the cathedral and finds a way beyond Old Metropolis' giant quarantine wall to the outside world. The night before, speckles of snow fall from the sky. Bat Boy doesn't favor extreme temperatures.

This is is first time beyond the wall and away from the stuffy air of his city. He's not sure where to go. His signed papers are ruined and crushed. He has no professional pictures of his face. He may be late to the event--collecting location information from the creatures of the night.

Here you'll get an introduction to his attitude, persona, innocence and cruelty.

POST EDIT: I just found a theme to fit my character. It's so nice ^^ Check it out.

The IC Thread is Open

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha my bad I just read it ^3^
Very well done sir~

You are missing your colored/bolded header though. It helps navigation when we have multiple fights and characters in a scene. Choose any color.

Name of Character
I've made my own intro. It's a little longer than I originally meant, but I'm not gonna complain about actually running with things.

ғᴜʟʟ ɴᴀᴍᴇ
Augutus Nicole Maines

ᴀʟɪᴀs
Mercury

ᴀɢᴇ
Twenty-three

ɢᴇɴᴅᴇʀ
Male

sᴇxᴜᴀʟɪᴛʏ
Bisexual

ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴs & ᴀʀsᴇɴᴀʟs
CYBERNETIC LIMBS: Gus's body began to fail on him at a young age. To stop the neural damage, cybernetics were placed into his body to stabilize his failing nerves. His legs, knees down, are cybernetic, and his arms are also cybernetic. His spine is also covered in a metallic shell that houses countless wires and neural interfaces. These limbs are stronger than a humans, but they aren't made to be weapons.
MERCURY SUIT: In the years that followed his receiving of cybernetic replacements, he figured out how to turn his body into an entire super suit. It is made from a super flexible, yet super strong metal that he can collapse into his cybernetic limps and spine.
➢ The metal in his suit is bullet-proof and resistant to heavy temperature changes.​
➢ He flies due to the energy wings on his back and feet.​
➢ The suit gives him super strength due to the fiber-weaving within it. He can pick up a car and throw it. He doesn't really like to, though, because it's rude.​
➢ He also blasts energy from his hands. It can come out in a large pulse or staccato bursts. They have the capability to go through and destroy most man-made materials. Yet, when they hit organics they just stun. They aren't meant to kill.​
➢ His helmet reads in several modes: normal, hyper and hypo saturation, energy readings, thermal readings, night vision, and an identity locating HUD.​
➢ His suit can survive space, but it is not meant to travel in it.​
➤ GADGETS: Gus has invented several things to help him take down the bad guys: flash bang grenades, energy-based nets, and transportable shields. He also has an assortment of screwdrivers on his person at any given time.

ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀs
EIDETIC MEMORY: If Gus has laid eyes on it, he knows it. He has a perfectly photographic memory that can't be tampered with. Once he's seen something, it is stored in his brain for all eternity. Truths, lies, Russian submarine plans, he'll remember all of it. That being said, he does have a good bullshit detector for those lies. He'll remember you lied though.

ᴡᴇᴀᴋɴᴇssᴇs & ғʟᴀᴡs
HYPERMNESIA: Gus has the unfortunate side effect of reliving his photographic memories from beginning to end. This can overlap his day to day and make it impossible for him to accomplish anything. The memory had to be somewhat exact, but it has happened to him on many an occasion. It stalls him entirely.
➤ HYPERINTELLIGENCE=HYPERDEGREDATION: His body is failing because the synapses in his brain are working in a way that humans shouldn't work. He recalls everything at will. That has been slowly killing him since he was about ten. He has had to receive so many implants to keep him working at full strength. He even has an dampener built into his spinal chord to make him more like most humans. He turns it off, unfortunately. If he leaves it off, he'll only see the age of forty.
➤ RELIANCE ON THE SUIT: Without his suit, Gus isn't anything special. He doesn't know how to fight, and he isn't physically strong enough to even seem the slightest bit threatening. The only thing he has going for him is that he's tall. That's pretty much it.
➤ EMPS: Yes. They will take out Gus's suit. Though they have to be strong and within short proximity. He's built some fail safes, but he is far from impervious.
➤ SCARY NEAR-SIDED: Without his suit's helmet or his glasses, he would probably walk off a cliff.
HAS A HORRIBLE SENSE OF HUMOR: Seriously. He will say something and start giggle-snorting about it, and many people will stand there like: "was that a joke? It might have been? I can't tell with this guy. Really. Why is he even on our team?"

sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ sᴋɪʟʟs
➤ AUTOMECHANICS & CYBERNETICS:
If it moves and it is a part of machinery, he can fix it. He can also destroy it very systematically and without much mess.

ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴᴀʟɪᴛʏ
Gus is a very enigmatic individual. He is not shy, but he is not charismatic either. Gus is likely to shake your hand too long, realize he's doing it, stop doing it, and then give an awkward chuckle about the entire thing. Some people find it endearing, but most find it annoying. He's also prone to long bouts of explanation, layered with more explanation, and the curious ability to turn anything into a whiteboard. He also likes things being explained to him. His thirst for knowledge is downright annoying at times. He smiles too much. He laughs too hard. He snorts really loudly. And he is prone to relaying jokes that have been coined "dad puns." Still, all that aside, he is a good person, and he will always strive to do good. While not fatalistic, he knows his time is limited and he has to do what he can do in it.

ʙᴀᴄᴋɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ sᴛᴏʀʏ
Augustus Nicole Maines is the son of Bernard Thaddeus Maines and Samantha Juliet Maines-Crawford. It is apparent that they decided to pass the "possibly from the Civil War" heritage to their son by naming him the way they did and then shortening it to Gus. No one ever talks about where the "Nicole" came from. Anyway, despite that, Gus wasn't held down by social conventions. He was constantly into everything. Books. TV. The internet. If he could learn something from it, he would pilfer it away and study it until he couldn't learn anymore. The Maines realized that there was something awfully odd about their son, but they didn't look too far into it until they received a heavily worded letter from Gus's teacher more-or-less saying: "Your son is too smart for kindergarten, and he keeps answering all the questions. The other kids hate him, and I think I hate him a little too." So, he was moved to a private school that specialized in the weirdly academic.

When he was thirteen, his body gave out. He was running track--miserably--and his legs just seized up and quit. Afterwards, he had a seizure that nearly killed him. After extensive tests they discovered what was the problem Gus's sheer intellect was killing him. His brain wasn't meant to operate like it did. So, they repaired what damage they could and put a dampener that was attached to the base of his skull. He returned to school to find that everything had gone from interesting and new to hard and boring. He fell into a heavy depression.

The Maines realized that the quality of life should be greater than the quantity. So, they allowed their son to turn the dampener off but only while he was at school. Of course, Gus was always at school, and so that phrasing may not have been the best. When he was sixteen, he had another episode and his nerves died entirely in his limbs. The Maines poured a ridiculous amount of money into cybernetic prosthesis for their son. There was no longer any funds for him to attend the private school or to live in their house. In one fell swoop, they became impoverished.

Gus became very aware that it was his fault. So, he always tried to be upbeat, and he always tried to do his best so his parents didn't have to supply for him. He graduated school shortly there after, and managed to nab several scholarships to some of the greatest colleges. He received his degree at a young age, and was quickly scooped up by one of the more prominent technology corporations. There Gus was given free reign over a lot of projects. After some time he realized he could do more than help build a new kind of car or bodysuit or fancy cellphone that you could implant in your head--though, the latter was pretty cool. So, he took the scraps from the projects he worked on to make him a super suit. He dubbed it: Thanatos the God of Death, realized that that was way too morbid, and altered it to Mercury, the Roman derivative of Hermes. After he got it entirely built, he hugged it, realized how awkward that was and then took it out for a test spin. He managed not to crash into a building, but it was a very very close encounter.

ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ
Mercury has a mixed reputation. While he's only ever done good, people worry that there isn't a man under that machine. He hides his identity and doesn't ever let it come up for air. It's not that he's afraid. It's just that--well he can't describe it. Being Mercury makes him feel like he's invincible, and Gus Maines isn't invincible. So, he hides behind his mask and takes on powered criminals and the occasional rogue metahuman. He's made a small name for himself, and has appeared in the news a few times but only ever as a blurb. And said blurb usually questions if he's a person or not. "It's something. I guess."

I read and understood the rules. ^_^b

Reactions: neptune and Solar
Status
Not open for further replies.