Chillin' in Columbia

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Billy-Ray Sanguine stirred his drink in one hand, and carved him and his fiancé's name into the table.
Yesiree, he was a damn lucky guy. Not just because he was the Hitman Deluxe. Not just because he was one of
e few surviving members of Tanith's 'Maleficent 7'. But because he was about to get married to Tanith Low.
He was the luckiest guy in the world.
He couldn't believe that she'd said yes to his proposal, but he was still worried about his blushin'-bride-to-be.
Having your future wife being possessed by a dark spirit calling itself a Remnant will do that to you.
She was acting strange, different, distant, and far too obsessed with this 'Make Darquesse invincible so she can enslave the planet' nonsense.

Sanguine tried not to let that bother him though. He was here to have fun, have some drinks, and possibly
kill someone to make a good first impression. That was the instinct of a great Hitman. And he was the Hitman Deluxe.
He plunged his razor into a nearby table as he said to it's occupant:
'Hey partner, what y'all doin' in a place like this?'
latest

@The Silver Paladin @OrlandoBloomers

SCP-076 looked at the man who had just entered. He seemed cocky.

A weakness that could be exploited. The SCP sat silent for a moment, and glared at SCP-105 who sat across from him.

He had managed to take himself and her through another SCP's interdimensional portal, and away from their human handlers. They'd catch up soon, as they always did, but it was nice to have some time away from them, and he was sure Iris enjoyed it too.

Iris (105) yawned, and Abel (076) sat for silently for a moment, examining the man.

"Vacation." He said simply.

@OrlandoBloomers @anybody

SCP-076 looked at the man who had just entered. He seemed cocky.

A weakness that could be exploited. The SCP sat silent for a moment, and glared at SCP-105 who sat across from him.

He had managed to take himself and her through another SCP's interdimensional portal, and away from their human handlers. They'd catch up soon, as they always did, but it was nice to have some time away from them, and he was sure Iris enjoyed it too.

Iris (105) yawned, and Abel (076) sat for silently for a moment, examining the man.

"Vacation." He said simply.

@OrlandoBloomers @anybody
Sanguine raised an eyebrow. He took off his sunglasses, and wiped the surface of the lenses with his hand. He had no eyes. Just empty sockets. He put the glasses back on and said. 'Yeeaah, thing like you? That don't seem likely. I wanna know 2 things. Firstly, why ya' here, an' secondly, how much ya' worth. Looks like somebody may be huntin' you down, an' you damn well know it.'
@The Silver Paladin

Sanguine raised an eyebrow. He took off his sunglasses, and wiped the surface of the lenses with his hand. He had no eyes. Just empty sockets. He put the glasses back on and said. 'Yeeaah, thing like you? That don't seem likely. I wanna know 2 things. Firstly, why ya' here, an' secondly, how much ya' worth. Looks like somebody may be huntin' you down, an' you damn well know it.'
@The Silver Paladin

Abel smirked. This man was perceptive.

"Thing like me?" He said. He let out a small chuckle. "I came here through a portal. And I'm being hunted? I'm the one doing the hunting!" Abel looked at Iris, who stood up, and fumbled a bit before producing an ID card.

"Uh... SCP Foundation, Mobile Response Team Omega-7 "Pandora's Box.", He's the squad leader SCP-076 "Able" and I'm SCP-105 "Iris."" She said a bit nervously.

Abel smirked. This man was perceptive.

"Thing like me?" He said. He let out a small chuckle. "I came here through a portal. And I'm being hunted? I'm the one doing the hunting!" Abel looked at Iris, who stood up, and fumbled a bit before producing an ID card.

"Uh... SCP Foundation, Mobile Response Team Omega-7 "Pandora's Box.", He's the squad leader SCP-076 "Able" and I'm SCP-105 "Iris."" She said a bit nervously.
Sanguine glanced at the card. 'Seems you ain't mortal. Which 's good. But you also ain't here on vacation. Say what be bringin' you Sanctuary-Types in here?'
@The Silver Paladin

A few black sparks would appear in the area, followed by a dark sphere that expanded and quickly disappeared. In its place, there seemed to be some sort of...person.

"Spacial transfer complete. Analyzing situation. Current location...unknown...Require input as to current location. Data unavailable. Provide information...please."

@The Silver Paladin @Mighty Roman

A few black sparks would appear in the area, followed by a dark sphere that expanded and quickly disappeared. In its place, there seemed to be some sort of...person.

"Spacial transfer complete. Analyzing situation. Current location...unknown...Require input as to current location. Data unavailable. Provide information...please."

Sanguine took his razor out of the table, cursing loudly. 'A'right missy, what the hell 'you supp'sed ta be? An' what're ya babblin' about?'
@Kaykay

Sanguine glanced at the card. 'Seems you ain't mortal. Which 's good. But you also ain't here on vacation. Say what be bringin' you Sanctuary-Types in here?'
@The Silver Paladin

"Iris is human, I'm not. If you kill me, my body reforms, and I'm very hard to kill." Able said. "We came through a portal while tracking another SCP that had escaped containment."

Iris nodded, to back him up.

"No idea, sorry." Able said.

Sanguine took his razor out of the table, cursing loudly. 'A'right missy, what the hell 'you supp'sed ta be? An' what're ya babblin' about?'
@Kaykay
The girl seemed to eye the razor for a second, raising one hand. "Weapon determined to be harmless. Dismissing threat." Lowering her hand, she began to answer. "Requesting permission...Communications non-functional. Entering Automatic Mode. ...Lambda, requesting information...as to current situation."​
"Iris is human, I'm not. If you kill me, my body reforms, and I'm very hard to kill." Able said. "We came through a portal while tracking another SCP that had escaped containment."

Iris nodded, to back him up.

"No idea, sorry." Able said.
"Understood. What's your name?" she asked, having not been around when he introduced himself.​

The girl seemed to eye the razor for a second, raising one hand. "Weapon determined to be harmless. Dismissing threat." Lowering her hand, she began to answer. "Requesting permission...Communications non-functional. Entering Automatic Mode. ...Lambda, requesting information...as to current situation."​

"Understood. What's your name?" she asked, having not been around when he introduced himself.​

"My proper name is Abel, but scientists call me SCP-076, but call me Abel." Abel said. "The blonde girl with the camera over there, they call her SCP-105, but you can call her Iris."

The girl reacted to her name being called, and gave a slight wave.

@Mighty Roman

"My proper name is Abel, but scientists call me SCP-076, but call me Abel." Abel said. "The blonde girl with the camera over there, they call her SCP-105, but you can call her Iris."

The girl reacted to her name being called, and gave a slight wave.

@Mighty Roman
"A...bel. I...ris. Requesting information on SCP-076 and SCP-105. Nomenclature determined to be similar to 'serial numbers' or other organizational methods of that nature."

"A...bel. I...ris. Requesting information on SCP-076 and SCP-105. Nomenclature determined to be similar to 'serial numbers' or other organizational methods of that nature."

"They're when we were found by the SCP Foundation. They're our given number." Abel said. "They're how they identify us when they send people to us. I dislike it." Abel flicked his wrist, and a sword appeared almost immediately, and then disappeared at the same rate.

Iris was messing around with a camera, it seemed.

"They're when we were found by the SCP Foundation. They're our given number." Abel said. "They're how they identify us when they send people to us. I dislike it." Abel flicked his wrist, and a sword appeared almost immediately, and then disappeared at the same rate.

Iris was messing around with a camera, it seemed.
"...!" Lambda seemed to be visibly surprised. "Rift in space detected. Analyzing...analyzing...unit confirmed to not be Murakumo Unit. What...are you?"

"...!" Lambda seemed to be visibly surprised. "Rift in space detected. Analyzing...analyzing...unit confirmed to not be Murakumo Unit. What...are you?"

"What? Me?" Abel said. "I'm Abel, the son of Adam and Eve. I was a shepherd, and then my brother committed the first Murder." He muttered something in Sumerian, and spat at the ground. "I hated him for it, and have sold myself as a warrior. My ability to draw my weapons, it's one of my many abilities. As well as being hard to kill, and reforming when I am finally killed. I am considered an anomaly by Modern humans, and kept as a research subject." Able seemed quiet after this, and he crossed his arms. "Iris is just a normal human who can manipulate pictures taken with her camera, yet she is in the same situation."

"What? Me?" Abel said. "I'm Abel, the son of Adam and Eve. I was a shepherd, and then my brother committed the first Murder." He muttered something in Sumerian, and spat at the ground. "I hated him for it, and have sold myself as a warrior. My ability to draw my weapons, it's one of my many abilities. As well as being hard to kill, and reforming when I am finally killed. I am considered an anomaly by Modern humans, and kept as a research subject." Able seemed quiet after this, and he crossed his arms. "Iris is just a normal human who can manipulate pictures taken with her camera, yet she is in the same situation."
"Analyzing...Confirmed, matches ancient story 70%. No Nox Nyctores found on subject. No reason to take action given." Lambda then glanced over towards Iris. "No threat detected," she declared before turning back to Abel. "Why are you capable of altering space?"

Sanguine folded the razor's blade back in. 'The name's Billy-Ray Sanguine, missy. Hitman Deluxe. I still don' get what the deal is with y'all. Like all o' this root of evil stuff. I'm jus' an elemental guy with a job. An' that job usually involves killing folk.'
He dragged out a chair, and turned it backwards. He rested his arms on the back of the chair, and put his legs on either side of it. He looked cocky, confident.
He then took out the Razor again, and folded out the blade. He threw it into the table, with it making a 'Ka-Chunk' noise as it struck the wood. 'You know what makes the thing special? If it cuts you, it'll never heal. Never. Oh, and it really damn hurts.'

Well, he had to prove to the armoured being that the razor was hardly 'harmless'. As he said this, he put one his hands to his stomach. The wound still ached, no matter how well Dr Nye had tried to fix it. As good as he...she...it, was, Nye had been unable to restore him to full working order. He'd seriously fallen for the trick of being cut with his own weapon. But revenge on Valkyrie Cain could wait for now. He just waited to see if his audience were impressed or not.
@The Silver Paladin @Kaykay

"Analyzing...Confirmed, matches ancient story 70%. No Nox Nyctores found on subject. No reason to take action given." Lambda then glanced over towards Iris. "No threat detected," she declared before turning back to Abel. "Why are you capable of altering space?"

Abel shrugged. "Some innate ability of mine. I haven't given much thought to it." He seemed cordial during this discussion, something he usually wasn't. Maybe he found Lambda fascinating.

Sanguine folded the razor's blade back in. 'The name's Billy-Ray Sanguine, missy. Hitman Deluxe. I still don' get what the deal is with y'all. Like all o' this root of evil stuff. I'm jus' an elemental guy with a job. An' that job usually involves killing folk.'
He dragged out a chair, and turned it backwards. He rested his arms on the back of the chair, and put his legs on either side of it. He looked cocky, confident.
He then took out the Razor again, and folded out the blade. He threw it into the table, with it making a 'Ka-Chunk' noise as it struck the wood. 'You know what makes the thing special? If it cuts you, it'll never heal. Never. Oh, and it really damn hurts.'

Well, he had to prove to the armoured being that the razor was hardly 'harmless'. As he said this, he put one his hands to his stomach. The wound still ached, no matter how well Dr Nye had tried to fix it. As good as he...she...it, was, Nye had been unable to restore him to full working order. He'd seriously fallen for the trick of being cut with his own weapon. But revenge on Valkyrie Cain could wait for now. He just waited to see if his audience were impressed or not.

The Semitic male gave a small chuckle. "Don't get cocky. You'll end up killing yourself."

"No data matching such a razor. Increasing threat level to...D. Entering Guard Mode." A dark green aura began surrounding her, as though her systems were turning on or something. If one didn't know better, they'd think there was something like concern in her voice. But hey, at least she was acknowledging the thing. "Analyzing...analyzing...weapon determined to be a potential causality weapon in a different possibility of the continuum shift. Suggested Action: Apprehension."

Though she said that, she didn't take action for a little while...or at all. Perhaps more data was required before she actually did anything, or she needed someone else's orders, or maybe something else.
Abel shrugged. "Some innate ability of mine. I haven't given much thought to it." He seemed cordial during this discussion, something he usually wasn't. Maybe he found Lambda fascinating.

The Semitic male gave a small chuckle. "Don't get cocky. You'll end up killing yourself."
If Abel thought the armored girl was fascinating, the feeling was mutual. In her world, the ability to alter space meant one thing: A Murakumo Unit. Or at least an imitation of one. Units that could go beyond the Boundary and observe every possible timeline. Yet this "Abel" was clearly not one of them.

latest

As though mimicking Abel's action from before, Lambda brought forth a sort of blade that appeared a few feet away from her and moved forward before promptly disappearing just as quickly as it had appeared.

"...There has not been much thought...to it..." It wasn't exactly clear whether she was talking about herself, or asking Abel.

"No data matching such a razor. Increasing threat level to...D. Entering Guard Mode." A dark green aura began surrounding her, as though her systems were turning on or something. If one didn't know better, they'd think there was something like concern in her voice. But hey, at least she was acknowledging the thing. "Analyzing...analyzing...weapon determined to be a potential causality weapon in a different possibility of the continuum shift. Suggested Action: Apprehension."

Though she said that, she didn't take action for a little while...or at all. Perhaps more data was required before she actually did anything, or she needed someone else's orders, or maybe something else.

If Abel thought the armored girl was fascinating, the feeling was mutual. In her world, the ability to alter space meant one thing: A Murakumo Unit. Or at least an imitation of one. Units that could go beyond the Boundary and observe every possible timeline. Yet this "Abel" was clearly not one of them.

latest

As though mimicking Abel's action from before, Lambda brought forth a sort of blade that appeared a few feet away from her and moved forward before promptly disappearing just as quickly as it had appeared.

"...There has not been much thought...to it..." It wasn't exactly clear whether she was talking about herself, or asking Abel.

"What?" Abel asked. "Yes, there has not been much thought to my powers, or their sources. I've just always had them. The doctors may know something, but I don't." He shrugged, "Do you have an ability like mine?"

"What?" Abel asked. "Yes, there has not been much thought to my powers, or their sources. I've just always had them. The doctors may know something, but I don't." He shrugged, "Do you have an ability like mine?"
"Idea Engine, Artificial Causality Phenomenon Weapon. An imitation of the Murakumo Nox Nyctores. Manipulation of space becomes possible. Ability determined to not be dissimilar to yours."​

"Idea Engine, Artificial Causality Phenomenon Weapon. An imitation of the Murakumo Nox Nyctores. Manipulation of space becomes possible. Ability determined to not be dissimilar to yours."​

"I can only draw these swords. I know they come through portals, but other than that, I don't know much about them besides the fact that I've had them almost my whole life, probably got them after Abel killed me." Abel grabbed at something on his neck, and a necklace came off, with the lane Omega-7 on it. "Finally." He threw the device into a pond in the distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.