Chillin' in Columbia

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I can only draw these swords. I know they come through portals, but other than that, I don't know much about them besides the fact that I've had them almost my whole life, probably got them after Abel killed me." Abel grabbed at something on his neck, and a necklace came off, with the lane Omega-7 on it. "Finally." He threw the device into a pond in the distance.
"Correction, powers deemed separate. Target does not possess the same power. However, found similar enough for continued observation." Lambda watched him take off the necklace and chuck it off. "What was that?"​

"Correction, powers deemed separate. Target does not possess the same power. However, found similar enough for continued observation." Lambda watched him take off the necklace and chuck it off. "What was that?"​

"How the scientists kept me under control. It was to disintegrate my spine and kill me if I acted against their will. I finally broke their damn coding." He cursed in Sumerian and spat at the ground, possibly cursing the doctors and administrators of the SCP Foundation.

"How the scientists kept me under control. It was to disintegrate my spine and kill me if I acted against their will. I finally broke their damn coding." He cursed in Sumerian and spat at the ground, possibly cursing the doctors and administrators of the SCP Foundation.
"...Control?" In many ways, Abel seemed similar to Lambda. A similar power, and being under someone else's control. Though Lambda didn't particularly seem to mind. "So you are...free?"​

"...Control?" In many ways, Abel seemed similar to Lambda. A similar power, and being under someone else's control. Though Lambda didn't particularly seem to mind. "So you are...free?"​

Abel nodded. "I was watched and observed by scientists, made to fight for them. Made to take care of High Profile targets that normal teams couldn't capture, but no more." He ran his hand through his hair, and leaned back in the chair. He looked at Iris, who seemed surprised at Abel's actions.

Abel seemed to be in love with Lambda. If a perfect sociopath could feel love. She understood exactly how he felt. The SCP flicked his wrist again, bringing the right sword. "In the words of the story Pinocchio, I had strings, but now I'm free. There are no more strings on me." He let some hair fall down his face, and he threw the sword into the air, caught it, and put it back into the portal. "The scientists can no longer control me. Would you like assistance in becoming free yourself, Lambda?"

Abel nodded. "I was watched and observed by scientists, made to fight for them. Made to take care of High Profile targets that normal teams couldn't capture, but no more." He ran his hand through his hair, and leaned back in the chair. He looked at Iris, who seemed surprised at Abel's actions.

Abel seemed to be in love with Lambda. If a perfect sociopath could feel love. She understood exactly how he felt. The SCP flicked his wrist again, bringing the right sword. "In the words of the story Pinocchio, I had strings, but now I'm free. There are no more strings on me." He let some hair fall down his face, and he threw the sword into the air, caught it, and put it back into the portal. "The scientists can no longer control me. Would you like assistance in becoming free yourself, Lambda?"
"...Free?" Lambda hadn't thought about being free before. She wasn't meant to be capable of doing so, after all.

Yet she was.

"You can...break the link?" It seemed feasible. She hadn't received any input from Kokonoe in quite some time. Wherever she had been transported to, the communications were not working. Complete and permanent autonomy may be achievable. Though not vocally announcing it this time, she analyzed her options. Did she even want to be free? What benefit was there to that? Though she couldn't think of anything right off the bat, something inside her told her that was what she wanted.

"...Please."​

"...Free?" Lambda hadn't thought about being free before. She wasn't meant to be capable of doing so, after all.

Yet she was.

"You can...break the link?" It seemed feasible. She hadn't received any input from Kokonoe in quite some time. Wherever she had been transported to, the communications were not working. Complete and permanent autonomy may be achievable. Though not vocally announcing it this time, she analyzed her options. Did she even want to be free? What benefit was there to that? Though she couldn't think of anything right off the bat, something inside her told her that was what she wanted.

"...Please."​

The SCP nodded. "I don't know if I can. I will try, though." He drew his swords again. As stated before, he was the perfect sociopath, so why was he feeling emotion for Lambda? Why was he trying to help her?

Maybe he saw himself in her, and wanted to aid her. Or... Maybe he actually loved her. Who knows.

"I will do whatever I can."

@Over a month late, but I have posted finally!

For the visitors in the city they would have noticed that the scenery had changed again.

This time the pumpkins and dark colors were switched by a lush snowy landscape with Christmas decorations all over in the city. Even the beach area had frozen over, but despite of the weather the temperature was still a nice 70 degrees.

The hard light people inhabiting the city had also changed their outfits into more festive gear and the sound of carolers and sleigh bells would fill the air.

Christmas had come to Columbia.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: York
The SCP nodded. "I don't know if I can. I will try, though." He drew his swords again. As stated before, he was the perfect sociopath, so why was he feeling emotion for Lambda? Why was he trying to help her?

Maybe he saw himself in her, and wanted to aid her. Or... Maybe he actually loved her. Who knows.

"I will do whatever I can."

@Over a month late, but I have posted finally!
"Understood."

Lambda was already somewhat independent, occasionally making moves on her own and being capable of her current independent mode. But in theory, she was to listen to a professor's orders, her own memories and personality wiped.

Abel could go ahead and try whatever he thought would work.​

"Understood."

Lambda was already somewhat independent, occasionally making moves on her own and being capable of her current independent mode. But in theory, she was to listen to a professor's orders, her own memories and personality wiped.

Abel could go ahead and try whatever he thought would work.​

The SCP also had autonomy. For millennia he was completely autonomous and under no master. It was only when he got caught by the Foundation that he lost it.

He started by marking a circle in the dirt. He then drew a symbol in the center. "Step into the center. This is an old Pre-Sumerian Ritual. It should help to unbind you to your master. I don't know how well it works on technology, but it should."

Abel was calmer than he had ever been.

The SCP also had autonomy. For millennia he was completely autonomous and under no master. It was only when he got caught by the Foundation that he lost it.

He started by marking a circle in the dirt. He then drew a symbol in the center. "Step into the center. This is an old Pre-Sumerian Ritual. It should help to unbind you to your master. I don't know how well it works on technology, but it should."

Abel was calmer than he had ever been.
With a silent nod, Lambda stepped into the center. She wasn't sure how ancient rituals stacked up against high-end technology but she didn't have anything to lose.​

With a silent nod, Lambda stepped into the center. She wasn't sure how ancient rituals stacked up against high-end technology but she didn't have anything to lose.​

The SCP closed his eyes. He muttered in a language older than Sumerian. He said a small chant. He was speaking Enochian, the language of the Angels. The language that Adam, Eve, Cain, and he spoke. He finally opened his eyes, and stopped speaking. He held up his hand.

"That should have freed you. I am not sure, though." He nodded. "Tell me more about where you come from. You... Intrigue me."

For the visitors in the city they would have noticed that the scenery had changed again.

This time the pumpkins and dark colors were switched by a lush snowy landscape with Christmas decorations all over in the city. Even the beach area had frozen over, but despite of the weather the temperature was still a nice 70 degrees.

The hard light people inhabiting the city had also changed their outfits into more festive gear and the sound of carolers and sleigh bells would fill the air.

Christmas had come to Columbia.
Umbrella
@Nater Taters @Anyone
QbD8Uk7.png

A small ripple in reality occurred in the area around where Parasoul and "Boss" were talking away, before suddenly a familiar (well, at least to Parasoul) looking girl stepped through, with this ravenous look on her face as she looked around at the place she had ended up in... Soldier's field, and it was feeling alot like... Christmas! It looked like she didn't notice Parasoul yet, but, neither had Parasoul noticed her yet, though one could only imagine what would happen when the two finally bumped into each other...​

Umbrella
@Nater Taters @Anyone
QbD8Uk7.png

A small ripple in reality occurred in the area around where Parasoul and "Boss" were talking away, before suddenly a familiar (well, at least to Parasoul) looking girl stepped through, with this ravenous look on her face as she looked around at the place she had ended up in... Soldier's field, and it was feeling alot like... Christmas! It looked like she didn't notice Parasoul yet, but, neither had Parasoul noticed her yet, though one could only imagine what would happen when the two finally bumped into each other...​
Boss' jaw nearly touched the ground when he saw a young girl appear seemingly out of thin air."Um Princess, we've got company." He said, nodding towards the young girl

Boss' jaw nearly touched the ground when he saw a young girl appear seemingly out of thin air."Um Princess, we've got company." He said, nodding towards the young girl
Parasoul & Umbrella
@Nater Taters @Others

aKuEChv.png

Parasoul only took one look in Umbrella's direction before she instantly recognized her sister appearing out of... Thin air? Looks like she wasn't the only one who'd be having this sort of problem at this rate... She groaned a little "Oh no... It's her... Maybe we should-..." too late! Before the Princess of Canopy Kingdom could even finish what she was saying, her younger sister had already seen her!
EpSmaRc.png

"Hey! You still haven't gotten my ice-cream yet! We-... Wait... A city in the clouds? Awesome!!!! But you still owe me that ice-cream!!!" She shouted, about to basically jab at her older sister's chest before she suddenly noticed "Boss" "Hang on... Who are you supposed to be?" she asked, looking a bit confused seeing her sister hang around with someone other than her squad for a change.​

Parasoul & Umbrella
@Nater Taters @Others

aKuEChv.png

Parasoul only took one look in Umbrella's direction before she instantly recognized her sister appearing out of... Thin air? Looks like she wasn't the only one who'd be having this sort of problem at this rate... She groaned a little "Oh no... It's her... Maybe we should-..." too late! Before the Princess of Canopy Kingdom could even finish what she was saying, her younger sister had already seen her!
EpSmaRc.png

"Hey! You still haven't gotten my ice-cream yet! We-... Wait... A city in the clouds? Awesome!!!! But you still owe me that ice-cream!!!" She shouted, about to basically jab at her older sister's chest before she suddenly noticed "Boss" "Hang on... Who are you supposed to be?" she asked, looking a bit confused seeing her sister hang around with someone other than her squad for a change.​
Saints_Row_the_third.JPG

Boss looked down at the younger girl, confused on how the girl acted, he did know that this girl and Parasoul shared some kind of relationship. "Name's Boss, leader of the Third Street Saints, and prezzie of the United States, who the hell are you?" He asked.

Saints_Row_the_third.JPG

Boss looked down at the younger girl, confused on how the girl acted, he did know that this girl and Parasoul shared some kind of relationship. "Name's Boss, leader of the Third Street Saints, and prezzie of the United States, who the hell are you?" He asked.
Umbrella & Parasoul
@Nater Taters @Others

cSPxncG.png
aKuEChv.png

"I'm Umbrella! Parasoul's sister! And SHE STILL OWES BE ICE-CREAM!" Umbrella shouted, her cheerfull expression suddenly turning sour as she glared at her older sister, who rolled her eyes "Ugh... Just don't run another place out of business again..." she muttered, looking towards Boss in an apologetic manner "I... Don't suppose you're familiar with this area, are you?" she asked.

latest

"So... this is the pinnacle of technology?"

A grotesque-looking hunk of metal clanks with every step, looking around the Central Garden of Eden. Always wishing for a world where steam engines dominated, he got treated to something even better.

He- if you can call it that, stomps away, looking for other areas...​

@Archmage Jeremiah

The great automaton-contained individual notices that someone else was present in the area. "Who else is present in this garden, speak up."

It did a little spin, in a rather slow manner, trying to identify the other individual.​

"Wow..."

Bioshock-infinite-columbia.jpg

tumblr_inline_npcgbwA6ox1rfbmpp_540.jpg

"A real city in the sky! Parks, buildings, people and all!" the cheerful half-genie muttered in awe, "If only Techno Baron were here to see this!"

K-THUNK

K-THUNK

K-THUNK

"Hm?" her attention was quickly taken away by the hulking metallic monstrosity that was wandering the same garden not a hop and skip away from her. Her heart just about sank.

tSlhGXb.png

"Then again...I probably shouldn't give him any ideas." she spoke with a light sigh, wandering around curiously, getting in a good view of the place and its...unique personalities. Breathing in the thin, yet fresh air, and of course stopping to smell the roses.

...Well, if they weren't covered in snow(?).

And of course, it was only a matter of time before that huge hunk of metal noticed her. The girl looked up at its menacing visage a bit wide-eyed, clearing her throat before speaking up.

"Hi! Hi, down here, purple hair, pointy shoes. Shouldn't be hard to miss!" she shouted up at it, holding her hand up and waving it around to make herself more noticeable.

@Crow

latest

"Ah, I see..."

The being released steam from its back, allowing it to move towards the purple-haired lady at a faster pace. Her attire implied that she was Arabian in origin.

"So, you have come to this 'Columbia' too, I see. Based on your curiousity, I would infer that it is your first time. To tell the truth, I have never been here before either," the grey-hued steampunk monster speaks.

"My name is Charles Babbage," the being, 'Babbage', displays a giant metal-clad hand for a handshake.
@Archmage Jeremiah

Status
Not open for further replies.