Chillin' in Columbia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junko looked Abel up and down with trepidation.

c7PlOsy.png

"... Are you one of Riley's friends?"

The girl sighed and took a wary look off to the side. "Where is he, anyway? Look, I don't know who the hell those guys are but you talk some more about turning me into anyone and I'm so going to slap you." Junko held up her hand, showing Abel the back of her hand. "And I just did my nails too, so you better know it's going to hurt! I took down a freaky evil bear, so don't mess with me!" She then rounded back on Kyoko, pointing a finger at the detective.

"The Coalition...! They...! Ugh, I don't know much about them, but they took out that big bad Arch Demon guy, right? I wasn't there for that, so I'm not too sure. I came across them and, like... they saved me from that computer prison. I mean, I don't think it was intentional, or anything... but, I got caught up in their nonsense. Some weird bullshit happened that sent me away." Junko sadly shook her head and shrugged.

"Why do you care about 'em?"

@The Silver Paladin @Verite

GR1RdDE.png

"Wha...?"

Kyoko didn't often express outward emotion so easily. After all, to do so would be akin to displaying weakness. If you let someone or something get to you, it could easily be exploited, so no matter what, maintaining a cool demeanor in the face of situations with a lot of pressure or otherwise stress was, in her opinion, an essential.

But then again, it seemed that this encounter with an alternate Junko Enoshima, a specific incarnation that was not at all just some random, unassming Ultimate Fashionista, was full of surprises and news.

At first, Kyoko was in a state of mild denial. He was... gone? The Arch Demon was really defeated? Even given how unsure Junko seemed to be of her own words, it was enough for Kirigiri. If they were even able to get the Arch Demon's attention, then that was enough.

Though they may be small, they were fierce.

She believed in the Coalition. She believed in Makoto. She believed in the hope that would prevail over evil.

mJTyFx6.png

Optimism wasn't her strong suit, even as a "warrior of hope," but even so... It felt nice. This light feeling.

With an uncharacteristic smile on her face that almost seemed to come out of nowhere from the point of view from an outsider to the conversation, Kyoko cleared her throat. "Is that so? I see."

"I needed to know, because... I made someone, someone whom I believed in, promise me that they would defeat the Arch Demon while I was gone. And it looks like he's a person of his word. Thank you... for this."

Maybe it looked just a little weird that Kyoko was suddenly acting rather nice to Junko, but the thought didn't really occur to her at the moment. Of course, this feeling went against everything Kyoko's instincts advised. As a detective, her policy was always to gather all the evidence she could and place all the pieces together into one big picture. She was a person who relied on facts and evidence, so to suddenly believe in someone based on blind faith...

Maybe this was what it meant to hope after all.

@Atomyk

NKncjpa.png

"Sister," Gankoomon speaks, "how do you feel?"

KflBinY.png

"Not at my peak. I sense a disturbance in the soil... family is not tied by blood, when there is no blood in family... I think I see you in my vision, brother. You will be involved in a setting akin to this, except more gloomy..."

NKncjpa.png

"And less hotel-y?"

KflBinY.png

"Yes. And I had another vision. It also involves you. And me. However, this depicts a path we must and will take on our own accord."

NKncjpa.png

"Is it war?"

KflBinY.png

"Internal Conflict of large scale."

NKncjpa.png

"Yeah, I sure do remember the last time the Will of Yggdrasil was in play. Good times huh? Oh?" Gankoomon looks at an individual nearby. "Hello there, young knaves. Care to sit back and relax?"

@Bomb @Cassie Homes @T.O.M. @someoneplsrespond​

Columbia. So many bad memories and good ones he supposed for Liz. He wondered if she would have appreciated the irony, seeing this gilded cage transformed into its theme park counterpart. All the trimmings removed, all the thorns snipped. It was no longer a place of racism or religious bigotry. It was no longer the prison she once knew. Would she have liked it? He had no idea.

He stirred honey into his tea cup, letting the rich brew waft as he took a sip. The sweetening taste lingering as he smacked his lips. What a crowd... What a group. He wondered once more what he was doing here, of all places for a vacation.

No. No vacation. That was just something for the papers. Extended leave, that was the term. Done at practically knife point to ensure he didn't crack under pressure. That was the difference with tools and people. A tool could be used till the end of time.

People however, were another thing entirely. But where you had agents, you had problems. He was rather counting on that.

He tipped his waiter and was gone, the signature hood of the Burial Agency marking him for what he was.

@Crow @Minerva

Columbia. So many bad memories and good ones he supposed for Liz. He wondered if she would have appreciated the irony, seeing this gilded cage transformed into its theme park counterpart. All the trimmings removed, all the thorns snipped. It was no longer a place of racism or religious bigotry. It was no longer the prison she once knew. Would she have liked it? He had no idea.

He stirred honey into his tea cup, letting the rich brew waft as he took a sip. The sweetening taste lingering as he smacked his lips. What a crowd... What a group. He wondered once more what he was doing here, of all places for a vacation.

No. No vacation. That was just something for the papers. Extended leave, that was the term. Done at practically knife point to ensure he didn't crack under pressure. That was the difference with tools and people. A tool could be used till the end of time.

People however, were another thing entirely. But where you had agents, you had problems. He was rather counting on that.

He tipped his waiter and was gone, the signature hood of the Burial Agency marking him for what he was.

@Crow @Minerva

NKncjpa.png

"Good day, young knave! It must be vacation season back where you come from, I see."

KflBinY.png

"I sense a feeling of trouble in you. All the more you should temporarily relax in a place such as this for a vacation. Ah, that must have been rude of me. I suppose we should introduce ourselves. My name is Sanzomon. That is all that I shall tell by words. This is my younger brother, Gankoomon."

NKncjpa.png

"I am the Royal Knight Gankoomon! A pleasure to be of your acquaintance."

@Crow @Ringmaster @Minerva

NKncjpa.png

"Good day, young knave! It must be vacation season back where you come from, I see."

KflBinY.png

"I sense a feeling of trouble in you. All the more you should temporarily relax in a place such as this for a vacation. Ah, that must have been rude of me. I suppose we should introduce ourselves. My name is Sanzomon. That is all that I shall tell by words. This is my younger brother, Gankoomon."

NKncjpa.png

"I am the Royal Knight Gankoomon! A pleasure to be of your acquaintance."

@Crow @Ringmaster @Minerva

He stood still in the midst of their appraisal. The good thing about his clothing was how universal it was-but for a change or two, he could blend in anywhere. Feudal era world or the neon-lit alleys of the future- A priest went anywhere.

And beneath the hood, if you peered in just right? The flicker of red eyes shone like hellfire cowed and at bay, which but a moment would be a mere respite. To these unusual figures, the hooded man inclined his head in a nod of greeting. When he spoke, it was the cultured tones of a scholar.

"A pleasure. I would ask if you were staff-but considering the way you stand out... No point. And this is not a vacation for me."

His tone turned hollow, all the emotion scraped and gone.

"This is a Requium. My friend was a native here and now, shes gone."

@Crow @Minerva

NKncjpa.png

"Sounds like this place has some history," Gankoomon ponders, "they must hide it pretty well."

KflBinY.png

"We have done little research of this place, as we have come here by fate. A vaca- I mean, day off is a mere fraction of the reason we are here. If it is alright with you, we would like to hear about this place's past."

@Ringmaster @Minerva

NKncjpa.png

"Sounds like this place has some history," Gankoomon ponders, "they must hide it pretty well."

KflBinY.png

"We have done little research of this place, as we have come here by fate. A vaca- I mean, day off is a mere fraction of the reason we are here. If it is alright with you, we would like to hear about this place's past."

@Ringmaster @Minerva

He led them quietly to a pub, on the basis that if you had to share a bad experience, you may as well have a drink. He didn't know why he wanted to do so, nor why these people. But it had to be done. Someone had to know and honor her memory. The caged songbird. The lamb of the prophet.

Sweet, gentle Liz.

Staring into his wine glass, he began in tired tones.

"Once there was a city in the clouds. Uplifted by strange technology and the whims of bigots. And its master simply called himself 'prophet' for there is nothing so authoritative as a man who talks to god."

"He had a daughter, with the power to split the walls between worlds. To see places that but for the grace of god, might have been her own. Locked away for most her life, this princess read and taught herself from the books who became her friends. And then trouble came... Two twins, reported to her directly how a crazed version of her was killing anyone in the multiverse to ever possess her name. She fled, scared.... And came to a new world.
"

He sipped his wine.

"But the city remains and now, is converted into something for tourists and the curious. Whats the death of one more Liz after all?"

Quiet bitterness suffused his voice as he swirled his wine glass.

"That is Columbia. And I hope it is to your satisfaction. "

@Crow @Minerva

He led them quietly to a pub, on the basis that if you had to share a bad experience, you may as well have a drink. He didn't know why he wanted to do so, nor why these people. But it had to be done. Someone had to know and honor her memory. The caged songbird. The lamb of the prophet.

Sweet, gentle Liz.

Staring into his wine glass, he began in tired tones.

"Once there was a city in the clouds. Uplifted by strange technology and the whims of bigots. And its master simply called himself 'prophet' for there is nothing so authoritative as a man who talks to god."

"He had a daughter, with the power to split the walls between worlds. To see places that but for the grace of god, might have been her own. Locked away for most her life, this princess read and taught herself from the books who became her friends. And then trouble came... Two twins, reported to her directly how a crazed version of her was killing anyone in the multiverse to ever possess her name. She fled, scared.... And came to a new world.
"

He sipped his wine.

"But the city remains and now, is converted into something for tourists and the curious. Whats the death of one more Liz after all?"

Quiet bitterness suffused his voice as he swirled his wine glass.

"That is Columbia. And I hope it is to your satisfaction. "

@Crow @Minerva

With Sanzomon drinking some red wine and Gankoomon settling for simple milk, they listened.

"A 'The One' scenario. It is most undesirable. That certainly is an extent of history, hidden from those who have not been here. From your standpoint, I am unsure if I desire to visit its past state. Of course, the future and present is more in-our-reach and valued," Sanzomon speaks, before sipping her red wine, "that being said, how's your present, on the other hand? Making the best of it?"

"With the multiverse theory," Gankoomon drinks his glass of milk, "I'm confident you will meet her again somehow, some way. The cosmos acts in very strange ways, and I have learned it in the most odd of methods. I have many friends throughout my journey, and my sister and I are currently waiting for one of them to return to us."

"While we hold faith in the past, we continue to proceed."

"I'm having a hunch that this is relevant, but is Liz short for Elizabeth or some variety of it?" Gankoomon asks. "I can't help but feel as if I've heard something similiar before. And the way you described Columbia and the 'The One' scenario just makes it feel more familiar..."​

With Sanzomon drinking some red wine and Gankoomon settling for simple milk, they listened.

"A 'The One' scenario. It is most undesirable. That certainly is an extent of history, hidden from those who have not been here. From your standpoint, I am unsure if I desire to visit its past state. Of course, the future and present is more in-our-reach and valued," Sanzomon speaks, before sipping her red wine, "that being said, how's your present, on the other hand? Making the best of it?"

"With the multiverse theory," Gankoomon drinks his glass of milk, "I'm confident you will meet her again somehow, some way. The cosmos acts in very strange ways, and I have learned it in the most odd of methods. I have many friends throughout my journey, and my sister and I are currently waiting for one of them to return to us."

"While we hold faith in the past, we continue to proceed."

"I'm having a hunch that this is relevant, but is Liz short for Elizabeth or some variety of it?" Gankoomon asks. "I can't help but feel as if I've heard something similiar before. And the way you described Columbia and the 'The One' scenario just makes it feel more familiar..."​

The One scenario? Lucifer listened and appreciated enough of their effort to cheer him, a stranger over his loss. But the idea of seeing her again was painful, as the thing he recalled most about her.... Was her propensity to be unique. Yes, she was one out of many counterparts.

But in spite of it, she made a choice to be more then that, which in the end separated her from all the others. He just wish he could have cherished her as she did him, as she deserved.

And now, she was dead. Aloud, somewhat transparently he changed the subject.

"So what brings you both to Columbia? "​

The One scenario? Lucifer listened and appreciated enough of their effort to cheer him, a stranger over his loss. But the idea of seeing her again was painful, as the thing he recalled most about her.... Was her propensity to be unique. Yes, she was one out of many counterparts.

But in spite of it, she made a choice to be more then that, which in the end separated her from all the others. He just wish he could have cherished her as she did him, as she deserved.

And now, she was dead. Aloud, somewhat transparently he changed the subject.

"So what brings you both to Columbia? "​

NKncjpa.png

"The Digital World has been... pretty peaceful. The Royal Knights have their own duties when not doing... Royal Knight things. For me, I am and will always be an Adventurer, hardly staying in one place. In short, I'm here for a vacat- I mean, days off."

KflBinY.png

"I, for one, am simply finding a place beyond my realm to learn more about the cosmos and reality. As such, I have followed my brother to this place of relaxation."

@Ringmaster

NKncjpa.png

"The Digital World has been... pretty peaceful. The Royal Knights have their own duties when not doing... Royal Knight things. For me, I am and will always be an Adventurer, hardly staying in one place. In short, I'm here for a vacat- I mean, days off."

KflBinY.png

"I, for one, am simply finding a place beyond my realm to learn more about the cosmos and reality. As such, I have followed my brother to this place of relaxation."

@Ringmaster
He paid for their drinks alongside his own.

Its not like he was hurting for money. Lord knows, he didn't spend it on anything. Rising from his seat, he nodded at the two.

"I wish you well on both your aims. Good day."

And with that, he was gone. Out the door and walking the streets to clear his mind of the alcohol.

@Crow

Junko had spent enough time with an incarnation of Kyoko Kirigiri to recognize how unfamiliar a look of surprise was to see on her face. She felt a pang in her chest at the expression, memories of their time spent together in Hope's Peak Academy coming to the surface. Kyoko hadn't exactly gotten along with everyone, but they were still friends, brought together through adversity. It was just too surreal to be standing here.

Junko let a long sigh, looking away with an expression of listlessness. She was feeling tired now, her body wracked with feelings she hadn't expected to surface today of all days. As interesting as all this was, Junko knew they both had other priorities. Junko was on her way to becoming the multiverse's greatest fashion icon, while Kyoko was on her way to a reunion. Junko just hoped Kyoko's Makoto wouldn't betray her like Junko's did.

Maybe she'd track him down and show him a piece of her mind.

PTUuiQ3.png

"I understand. I'm glad... I made you smile." Junko looked back to Kyoko, releasing a breathy laugh. "But that's dumb and mushy. If you don't mind, I gotta get back to acquiring my legion of fans. Maybe I'll send you some head shots later."

@Verite @Minerva

xwVgEau.png

"Ah... Yes. I guess there's no time like the present. If there was an easy to find way that I had found myself in a place like this, then that must mean that there should be a way out of here as well," Kyoko spoke after a brief clearing of the throat, the smile abruptly disappearing from her features as she'd brush aside some stray hair, as though somewhat embarrassed by the display of emotion that she couldn't help but let out.

Still, maybe... It'd be okay to be like this more often. But not until she came back.

ha2N0BJ.png

"We shall see about that, if we ever do meet again. I wish you the best of luck, wherever you're going."

Normally, she wasn't so talkative, let alone openly friendly to other people, especially people whom she had recognized to be the Ultimate Despair, but... Hmph. It looked like meeting all sorts of different people was making her turn out just a little like Makoto. Perhaps if she were a little younger, back during the Hope's Peak Academy incident, she would find that thought to be almost repulsive.

After all, to be so trusting of others was a sure signal that you'd be killed right off, and back then, she had thought that that was the one trait about Makoto that would mark him for death, but maybe... Just maybe, it was okay to be like that.

@Atomyk

"Hose 'em down!" Edispu shouted with glee as he opened his mouth wide. Sean had him under his armpit like a cannon ready to fire which he was, but he wasn't going to let him burn down the forest.

"Calm down would you." Sean said as he aimed Edispu and squeezed him so that his flames spewed over the birds in front of them. Scaring them off before they were damaged.

"I love doing that." Edispu said as he closed his mouth and wiggled out of Sean's grasp. Sean didn't try to stop him instead his focus shifted to the skull hovering in front of him. He grabbed the skeleton head and tossed it at Edispu. The demon willed it to halt and glared at Sean. Due to his dog form he began to pant from the heat. "What's up yours today?"

"That reaper. I couldn't kill it." Sean said as he sheathed the bat onto his back.

"You're still on that?" The boy nodded and Edispu stopped panting. "Ridiculous."

"Shut up. I'm hungry."

"Me too. Why don't we actuall-"

"We're not eating the birds."

"Just an idea." Edispu said as he climbed onto his skull and floated by Sean. "So, what are we going to eat?"

"I want a sandwhich. There's a bar called The Fellow Traveler." Sean said as he led the demon to the teleporter.

"What a stupid name."

"It's catchy. Better than the places you go to eat." Sean then thought of the place and they arrived at Soldier's Field shortly after. "I mean if you can call Wilmore Dr and Jackson Ave places to eat."

"Plenty of fresh meat." Edispu donned a devilish smile as he said this.

Flaky.png

"This..is new." The woman spoke while looking around at the bright and open location, the Garden of Eden in the town center. "So this is that famous place Uncle Kazu told me about huh??" She deliberated, thinking aloud while her scarlet red hair flowed with the wind for a few moments.

Finally, she started to explore the area. Maybe she'd meet someone interesting while her specialized Air Treks glided her along the ground with minimal effort.

"Man... things suck."

ctbboOA.png

Junko had been wandering around the resort, feeling despondent ever since her conversation with Kyoko. All that meeting reminded her was of how much she lost and how much she'd never gain back. A thought did occur to her, one that had been on her mind for some time now: If an alternate world version existed of herself and her friends, was there a world out there set in the past of her own?

"I need to get to other worlds somehow-- Oh!"

Junko recoiled from Miko, having bumped right into her. "What the-- Why are you rollerblading?! Who does that anymore?!"

@darnerdemons

Last edited:
"I'm a storm rider! It's kinda what we do." She responded in turn to the woman. A calm smirk along her face while she pulled back, her momentum stopping so she could stand in place.

"Though, my wings are a little rusty since i haven't flown in awhile on them. I mostly glide around now adays like normal rollerbladers."

@Atomyk

Junko let out a groan and ran a hand through her massive head of hair. "A storm rider? That sounds... weird..." She examined the rollerblader more closely then, leaning forward and tapping one finger against her chin. "Hmm... guess that makes you the Ultimate Rollerblader, huh? I mean, any person on wheels who can fly must be pretty exceptional." Junko then leaned back, crossing her arms.

qHxbJYe.png

"Question, is this your first time at the resort? Normally I'd ask if you want an autograph, but I've got something else on my mind. I know there are ways to visit other worlds... but do you got any fast and cheap methods? I'm strapped for cash despite my upcoming celebrity status."

@darnerdemons

"Yeah it is my first time here. But what's with that 'Ultimate Rollerbladder' stuff? i know i'm king class but i'm still by far weaker than this one dude Ikki. he's the Sky Road's King and without a doubt the best rider. i'm just Queen of the Bloody Fang Road." she spoke with a small hint of interest piqueing in her voice.

"As for fast and cheap methods for world travel.." She paused while mulling over the thoughts. She herself only able to arrive thanks to her skills and training in the flame road to learn the Time series of abilities. "There's only one i know of, but it takes an incredibly long amount of time to learn. But afterwards it's cheap as buying speed parts for your AT and zooming away under Time." Though her terminology probably didn't get across she did know of a method at least.

@Atomyk

Status
Not open for further replies.