Changelings: The Chroi Clan

Combat Systems (See either Mowkie Note #4 or find original post on page 4)

• Open Dice

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Hidden Dice

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad we gave ourselves two weeks to work out the kinks, as we've run into another bit of a snag involving our powers list and IC combat system. With some of the powers we have, we will need an established combat system that keeps everything fair while still allowing players to enjoy the fun of writing out open-ended attack posts during combat.

So, today, I present you all with two choices for a basic combat system. They are as follows:

• We do what I like to call an Open Dice system, where each player will write their attack post in response to the GM combat encounter, and then roll a single 20-sided die. If the die is in your favor (the specifics of which will come later), you land the attack. If not, you either miss or dodge. One of the GMs will respond with the enemy accordingly. This will also apply to attacking other player characters, but you as players are responsible for keeping up with your (and each other's) rolls.
  • If you don't like that, there is also the Hidden Dice system, where the player writes their open-ended attack in response to a GM combat encounter without rolling any dice. Instead, the GM responding will roll a die (still 20-sided with the same basic system) in the background and respond accordingly. Duelling players do not have to roll dice if they choose not to, but the GM will also not be responsible for any players not playing fairly. If we see you godmodding, of course, we will first warn you...then kick you.
Please put in your vote for which one you would prefer before sign-ups this Friday. That way, Beta GM Sparkle Bunny and I have enough time to get a basic system put out for you guys if needed before the IC. We will have the sign-ups posted for roughly one week (but they will remain open past the opening of the IC as well) before opening the IC, giving us enough time to get the final kinks out of the way. With such a massive project, we want to make sure everything runs smoothly. <3 Thank you all for your patience.
I believe option number 1 is the best that way it is done fairly and everyone can see what is rolled so there is no cheating

• Thank You
Reactions: Mowkie
I'd have to say I'd rather have the second option.

Dice rolling, though fair, can begin to mess with logic in certain situations, so I'd prefer to keep it to a minimum and only use it in situations where it's deemed needed.

• Thank You
Be sure to put your choices in the poll! That way when we open signups, we have an exact count. <3

And if you're not sure which to vote for, you do not have to vote. That's up to you. ^^

Not to be annoying, but remember to get your votes in about combat systems.

I gave my opinion face to face on this, but I did cast my vote. My apologies it took so long

Reactions: Silver
I gave my opinion face to face on this, but I did cast my vote. My apologies it took so long
Thank you for that. :)

We have 4 of 7 votes

Also:

TWO DAYS TO SIGNUPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*throws sparkles and confettii*

Are you guys excited?!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Okay, we have 5/7.
Last day to vote ya'll.

SIGNUPS GO UP TOMORROW

grabs all the sparkles and confettii , hides it under the chair with me , I just wanted to say hi, as im figuring things out here.

Reactions: Mowkie and Silver
*pats my pet and feeds dustbunnies under the chair*

Awesomesauce! Right on time, too. I'll be getting sign ups running tomorrow evening. <3

And the moment you've all been waiting for!!!

OPEN SIGNUPS - Changelings: the Chroi Clan - OOC & Sign-Ups

YAAAAAYYY!!! Sign ups are offiicially open!

Now, I'm off to get ready for my baby shower. Please ignore the issues with coding, as Iwaku hates me. I'll fix them all later. Everyone be sure to take your time in creating characters. I look forward to seeing your beautiful chars. <3<3

• Love
Reactions: Silver and Andy
The thread is still open over in the signups for anyone who's still interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.