Changelings: The Chroi Clan

Combat Systems (See either Mowkie Note #4 or find original post on page 4)

• Open Dice

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Hidden Dice

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeha captain!!!
I want to know how the clans will interact tbh?

Like will some of my character be stuck to interact with just their clan members?

Will there be an event that will kill off half of the changeling population (like a genocide) which will make some changelings of different races work together?

Can we have more precision on how those zombies are... Do they have different skills? (Like runners, crawlers, etc etc) and are they everywhere? Is that why clans need guardians?

As for the vampires... Do changeling see them? Do they leave their HQ?
When we first did this roleplay, all of the clans/packs were meeting together to go to war. We all interacted while there. Also, understand, being they are now all changelings, anyone can be a true mate to anyone. For example, first time around, Jag, the alpha of the jungle cats since all of it began, was revealed to be the true mate to....a tiger. He's a jaguar lycan turned changeling. Sure, the jungle cats will have three characters being played, but where would be the fun in that? This is all about the interaction, and that means all of us.
So, Gabby secured most of this pretty soundly. The first attempt was massive - Dragon actually summoned all of the clans - not just Alphas and Betas, but ENTIRE clans. This time, it won't really go down that way. This time, she'll only be calling to those she's picked out for this mission. But clans interact mostly through trading and bartering, protection, and sometimes even sending members to stay with different clans. There's also a LOT of festivals. Every full moon, the Changelings celebrate their old god, the Leviathan, and the fact that they're not controlled by the moon. Some clans (mainly the protected prey clans joining the predators that protect them) even join others to celebrate together! There's definitely interspecies relations as well. While I haven't given info on the Beast Mate system yet, you'll all soon come to learn that there's a special version of beast soul mates - and it can be even between Changelings whose animals would be natural enemies otherwise. ^^ So, short answer to your question is no. You will never be limited to just your clan, though each char is expected to stay within the clan territory during certain times of the month.

Changelings are expected to work together, already...there have been conflicts in the past, of course, but Changeling Law strictly prohibits the killing of another Changeling...so of course, they often get solved by bringing in a mediator. You won't see them at each others' throats easily (at least, not while Dragon is watching over them)...I plan to have a great deal of Changelings die during this - the virus will kill many and bring them back as deadly creatures. Many clans will have to band together in ways they never have before, and we plan to put this into perspective for sure.

The Risen (our zombies) are simple shamblers for most of the year. Only during one day of the year are they deadly (which is April 21st) even to Changelings. And those zombies are like nothing you would see in movies. We're talking about undead that are able to easily tear apart even some of the most powerful Changelings in minutes. I don't want to give a ton of information on them as of yet, though, as I want some surprises for you guys. XD

For the vampires, all I can say is we will see them. We will fight them. But where or how, I cannot reveal at this time. SPOILERS! XDXD

Firstly I want to know the extent of these powers they're allowed to have, cause you mentioned forcefields so I need to know.

Secondly, I think there should be a major altercation between a prey clan and predator clan due to some kind of incident where someone loses their life to something that should have been prevented, would be made even cooler if the prey clan was one that could be considered physically as powerful as the predator clan so there's more tension than what would be usual.

Thirdly, I'll reiterate the question about needing information on the risen and their abilities so I understand what we're up against, as well as the question of vampires.

Fourthly, some natural disaster that tears apart the home of a particular clan should happen that forces that clan to temporarily move in with another clan for a temporary time period, causing issues in leadership, would be interesting if it was combined with my earlier suggestion.

Fifthly, what the fuck do they eat?
To the first point: power lists are still under development. We'll gt back to you on that ;)

That second and fourth ideas are an interesting and we will definitely put them under consideration.

For the Risen: to my understanding, most of the time they're pretty harmless, typical zombies. Except for on one day of the year in which they get hella stronger enough so that ALL Changelings hide from them because they wouldn't survive.

Fifth: Food. They eat food. there are still animals that are not changelings about (they're just changed a bit) and plants to harvest.

To everyone: Keep the ideas coming! *smiles*
To answer your first point, as Silver already mentioned, our powers list is under development...and this is something that we'd like any ideas on. I'd love to see anything that you guys come up with! As I already stated, too, there are no limitations on your ideas. For now, you don't really need to know any more, as sign ups aren't for another twelve days.

Silver and I did discuss these ideas, and we're definitely plotting a few different things now that it's been suggested. So, if you have any more scenarios you'd like to mention, please feel free to!

For the vampires and zombies, you need to understand that the Changelings won't have a lot of information on either...other than the facts I've already provided. Changelings know that vampires cannot come out in sunlight, but have many of the same skills as they do (without taking the shapes of animals)...other than that, vampires are very secretive creatures and know how to keep outsiders from gaining more knowledge. Sadly, the character in my history, Nicolao, did not make it all the way home. He died on his way back to his son.

As I'd mentioned through some of the lore and whatnot, there is still a great deal of game. Many of the animals have changed a bit, but they are definitely still hunted and eaten. For the animals that don't eat meat, there's also a TON of fruit and other plants to be eaten. There's also insects for those that prefer such. Many clans will even trade goods depending on what they're good at. So, for example, the cats could trade with some of the bears - meat for berries and fish.

*pokes around*

So I was on the fence but I sat down and read your super duper long introduction thingy and I'm thinking, why not try something new...

Plus I'm also a stickler for animal roleplays. God, I hate saying it, but I do have a soft spot for them. And what's absolutely lovely is that this one is a nice mature animal-human roleplay! Rare find! Yay!

But, ah, with things still in development I can't promise promise. Would like to see how plot and powers and character structure comes together first. Plot is important.

Interested, though.
We are DEFINITELY going to get a basic plot calendar up for everyone to see (without giving too much information) when we do sign-ups. So, you can just watch for now, if you'd like. We'll keep you updated, Rainy. <3

Beta GM Sparkle Bunny is building an FAQ for you guys and future players to come back to. We hope it helps, and we hope to see many more ideas! Thank you all for everything so far. <3<3

Yay we got a Rain!

I'm also going to be having a friend actually join Iwaku and try Roleplaying just for this roleplay. (She's planning on playing a sugar glider healer. Super Cutes!)
That is absolutely adorable (why didn't I think of that o.o). I'm thinkinf a snow leopard. Or maybe a bunny or bluejay (aha) if possible.

All of those are possibilities. Silver and I will be playing rabbits, so if you choose that definitely let us know beforehand so we can do relationships. XD

Reactions: Rainjay
All of those are possibilities. Silver and I will be playing rabbits, so if you choose that definitely let us know beforehand so we can do relationships. XD
Rabbits? Relationships?

There's going to be babies.... lots of babies...

Hmm. What's currently more in need: healers, guardians, or omegas?

I think all of the Omegas are covered. So, it's a tossup between Healers and Guardians/Defenders. There are limited Healer positions available, so if you want to play one, be sure to reserve it.

Does my bull not get an omega? xD

P.S. I know he doesn't.

Your bull will be a Leader, as while bulls are aggressive by nature, the balance of their clan will be able to limit that nature. You'll have to figure out how to make him aggressive enough to properly defend his clan, but rational enough to hold that aggression back.

Reactions: SweetPrince
So the rough reservations is outdated? (just checking)

Oh, some more possible story events:

- Virus takes over a small, ambiguous clan in one fell swoop without knowing, members of other clans go missing when passing through the area, search party is formed.

- Species of carnivorous weed is discovered, they secret toxic enzymes to digest their prey and the forest in which they grow is a major trade route, so they must be cleared ever so often, it's not rare for death to occur

- Venomous/Poisonous Changeling Species has a disagreement with an Alpha/Leader and goes on a clandestine killing spree and must be tracked and found.

- Two different Alphas fall in love during some sort of gathering, a child is conceived and there are disagreements on what should happen to the two clans whose alphas are involved, as well as the child.

- A member of a species surfaces with a power that should not be possible for them

Some possible power ideas:

-Mass Telepathy -> Reserved for Alphas/Leaders of species that make sense, allows them to "shout" mentally to their clan members in the immediate surrounding (Possibly for my bull, as a way to direct "stampedes" which could be a blitzkrieg tactic employed by the bulkier herd animals in times of strife)

-Empathy Links -> Reserved for mostly prey animals, allows them to form a bond with another changeling temporarily, sharing pain and senses when consenting.

-Juggernauts -> Advanced defenders who can create weaponized forcefields (Static fields, heat fields, icy fields, etc.) that are incredibly difficult to penetrae

-Wild Roar -> Reserved for roaring predators, projects a roar of a low enough frequency to knock most things off their feet and fell some trees.

-Thunderstrike -> Found most commonly in the fastest of animals, releases a large static shock on impact after prolonged movement.

-Tree Speak -> Found most commonly in primate species, allows them to morph and moderately control the plant life, used to create housing.

-Tremor -> Found most commonly in the largest of animals, produces large shock waves in the ground that can knock some off of unsteady footing, produced by a stomp.

-Flashpoint -> Reserved for smaller, easier hidden prey species, allows short bursts of speed that take a lot of energy but can make some impossible escapes very damned possible

So the rough reservations is outdated? (just checking)
Yea, I need to edit it a little bit. I'm about to work on it.

Oh, some more possible story events:

- Virus takes over a small, ambiguous clan in one fell swoop without knowing, members of other clans go missing when passing through the area, search party is formed.

- Species of carnivorous weed is discovered, they secret toxic enzymes to digest their prey and the forest in which they grow is a major trade route, so they must be cleared ever so often, it's not rare for death to occur

- Venomous/Poisonous Changeling Species has a disagreement with an Alpha/Leader and goes on a clandestine killing spree and must be tracked and found.

- Two different Alphas fall in love during some sort of gathering, a child is conceived and there are disagreements on what should happen to the two clans whose alphas are involved, as well as the child.

- A member of a species surfaces with a power that should not be possible for them

Some possible power ideas:

-Mass Telepathy -> Reserved for Alphas/Leaders of species that make sense, allows them to "shout" mentally to their clan members in the immediate surrounding (Possibly for my bull, as a way to direct "stampedes" which could be a blitzkrieg tactic employed by the bulkier herd animals in times of strife)

-Empathy Links -> Reserved for mostly prey animals, allows them to form a bond with another changeling temporarily, sharing pain and senses when consenting.

-Juggernauts -> Advanced defenders who can create weaponized forcefields (Static fields, heat fields, icy fields, etc.) that are incredibly difficult to penetrae

-Wild Roar -> Reserved for roaring predators, projects a roar of a low enough frequency to knock most things off their feet and fell some trees.

-Thunderstrike -> Found most commonly in the fastest of animals, releases a large static shock on impact after prolonged movement.

-Tree Speak -> Found most commonly in primate species, allows them to morph and moderately control the plant life, used to create housing.

-Tremor -> Found most commonly in the largest of animals, produces large shock waves in the ground that can knock some off of unsteady footing, produced by a stomp.

-Flashpoint -> Reserved for smaller, easier hidden prey species, allows short bursts of speed that take a lot of energy but can make some impossible escapes very damned possible
My goodness! :D Keep them coming. We really appreciate any kind of suggestions you have.

*scurries off to update first page*

More questions! Yay!

Would sandcats be placed with jungle cats or mountain cats, considering they're not exactly domestic, but are on the smaller side of the kitty spectrum, but also live in the desert? Or would they, by that logic, just not appear at all? I guess they could have been from a zoo. *shrug*

Sandcats are the only cats I adore more than snow leopards and domestic babies.

Hmmm...great question. I know that sand cats often dig burrows in the wild and prefer the hotter climates (obviously haha)...so I think field cats would fit them best. They'd probably be protected heavily by the lions simply due to the more skittish nature of them.

I'm struggling to wrap my mind around the fact that we dont have any wolves yet.

OMG, you remember how many wolves we had last time? We had enough wolves to meet the amount of all the other Changeling types combines.

Damn, now I wanna play a wolf just to prove you guys wrong. Wolves are THE original lycanthropes. You can never go wrong with them!

Sadly, ze GM must follow her own rules. XD And I already have two chars.

Status
Not open for further replies.